The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Spoofin

Reaction score
I hope you criticized and are criticizing the Trump administration for their inability to properly distribute in the same way.
Huh? Supply to the States isn't the issue. Every state is is sitting on vaccinations. Some well over half of what they have been given. I see where the failure is, you would rather bury your head in the sand.

cncmin

Reaction score
Huh? Supply to the States isn't the issue. Every state is is sitting on vaccinations. Some well over half of what they have been given. I see where the failure is, you would rather bury your head in the sand.
Simply delivering to the states without prior planning is not as helpful as you imply. You get haphazard policy when people are in power who are inept, and inept persons in power is ubiquitous throughout the Trump administration, and only got worse over the course of his four years. The effects of that gross incompetence is on full display here. Hard to blame the states when they were not supplied with a plan or the resources to implement. Not saying the states have zero blame; just saying this is obviously far more a problem from those at the top.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Australia's GDP dropped 7% in Q2 and rose 3.3% in Q3. Sweden's GDP dropped 8% in Q2 and rose 4.9% in Q3.

If they both started at a base of 100, Australia would be at 96.069 and Sweden would be at 96.508. Not much of a difference.
I was referring to something I read a few months ago - stating it was in its worth economic slump ever.

In googling to find this reference to post here, I saw another that said it is in a recession now and another that said it is doing better than many. *shrug*

Spoofin

Reaction score
Simply delivering to the states without prior planning is not as helpful as you imply. You get haphazard policy when people are in power who are inept. That is what we are seeing now. Hard to blame the states when they were not supplied with a plan or the resources to implement. Not saying the states have zero blame; just saying this is obviously far more a problem from those at the top.
So, you expected the federal government to plan out how easch State would get vaccine across their State. You don't feel that is the job of the State leadership? Who do you think knows the situation, geography, logistics, resources, challenges, etc. best? The effort to blame Trump for everything continues.

cncmin

Reaction score
So, you expected the federal government to plan out how easch State would get vaccine across their State. You don't feel that is the job of the State leadership? Who do you think knows the situation, geography, logistics, resources, challenges, etc. best? The effort to blame Trump for everything continues.
The Trump administration's job when dealing with a pandemic that is interstate is to provide the resources and to work directly with the states to ensure fluid distribution from start to finish. Anything less is incompetence, period.

Spoofin

Reaction score
No... I want it done tomorrow. And Biden does too. He is reasonable and knows that he has been hampered by the current Administration's lack of attention to the entire pandemic.

You seem to want to use this subject as yet another way to show that you will not support Biden no matter what he does. He could cure cancer in 6 months and you would say that he should have done it in 3 months.

It is tiring watching so many posters on here do mental cartwheels at all times to undermine Biden- before he even gets into office.
You are joking, right? So far in regards to Biden on COVID I have said....
1. Great Idea to ship more vaccines to the State instead of holding half in reserve. Let the States have it all and manage who gets what shot when.
2. 1M/Day is not enough. It is a poor goal.

What stance would you consider "mental cartwheels" or "not supporting Biden". I don't look at COVID as political. You do you.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The Trump administration's job when dealing with a pandemic that is interstate is to provide the resources and to work directly with the states to ensure fluid distribution from start to finish. Anything less is incompetence, period.
Nothing the Governor's can do then. Howie will agree.

cncmin

Reaction score
Nothing the Governor's can do then. Howie will agree.
This is false. To repeat, the Trump administration's job in this interstate pandemic is to work with the states from supply to implementation, not just push uncoordinated supplies on them and say "good luck". The Trump administration proved from day 1 of this that saving American lives was very low on their priority order; where saving lives was converse to what they really wanted - a happy economy that they believed would keep them in power. Only since November are they realizing that Americans also value their and their loved ones' health.

Spoofin

Reaction score
This is false. To repeat, the Trump administration's job in this interstate pandemic is to work with the states from supply to implementation, not just push uncoordinated supplies on them and say "good luck".
Right. Our State elected officials job is to sit around until they get instructions from the feds on what to do and then follow those orders. God forbid they plan and coordinate implementation in their own State - that is for the Feds. Great plan. North Dakota must not have gotten the memo. They have somehow administered over 77% of the "uncoordinated supplies" pushed to them.

cncmin

Reaction score
Right. Our State elected officials job is to sit around until they get instructions from the feds on what to do and then follow those orders. God forbid they plan and coordinate implementation in their own State - that is for the Feds. Great plan. North Dakota must not have gotten the memo. They have somehow administered over 77% of the "uncoordinated supplies" pushed to them.
I suspect you are conflating data and trying to equate them, when you shouldn't. Slow down with simple metric comparisons; this is more complicated that that. (The complication of this is also why we need far more coordination coming at the federal level)

Additionally, if you think administering 77% of supplies is a win, so be it. You seem to be grasping at anything to defend Trumpism; yet I saw elsewhere that you didn't even vote for him and don't like him. Similarly to S2, it seems strange that you spend so much energy defending the gross incompetence of someone you say you don't like.

Finally, I already stated that states are also to blame here, not just the feds/Trump admin. Additionally, Republican Congress/McConnell shares a ton of blame as well for dragging their feet on passing the resources that the states needed to implement all of this. In the end, this entire thing is a clusterF, and a straight line can be drawn between the clusterF and the Trump administration/ReTrumplicans in Congress who have made it a clusterF. For some reason, you remain surprised that an administration who puts people in power who have no idea what they are doing and a political party that has long denied that Covid is even a problem has caused a total Covid clusterF. Why are you surprised by that? That we would be in this terrible position was predictable from the day Trump called Covid a hoax and ReTrumplicans went along with that notion.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
You seem to be grasping at anything to defend Trumpism; yet I saw elsewhere that you didn't even vote for him and don't like him. Similarly to S2, it seems strange that you spend so much energy defending the gross incompetence of someone you say you don't like.
This is exactly why it is impossible to have a debate with the wacko lefties on this site. You are extrapolating a whole lot on a discussion that I am focusing on COVID Vaccine Distribution. I don't politicize COVID. Maybe you shouldn't. Trump did a lot wrong with COVID, but he did some right too. OWS was good. Downplaying the virus was bad. However, I don't blame the State's failures on adminstering shots on the Feds. Thinking that States should be responsible for distribution of vaccine in their own f'ing State (with a 9-month notice) is not a "Defense of Trump". It has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with common sense. Just like my belief that distance learning is a joke isn't a "Defense of Trump", but somehow on here I am told it is. Either one blames Trump for everything that goes wrong or they are defending him in your eyes. Today's left.

Here's a promise. Come next Wednesday, I will still blame State leadership for State failures.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
This is exactly why it is impossible to have a debate with the wacko lefties on this site. You are extrapolating a whole lot on a discussion that I am focusing on COVID Vaccine Distribution. I don't politicize COVID. Maybe you shouldn't. Trump did a lot wrong with COVID, but he did some right too. OWS was good. Downplaying the virus was bad. However, I don't blame the State's failures on adminstering shots on the Feds. Thinking that States should be responsible for distribution of vaccine in their own f'ing State (with a 9-month notice) is not a "Defense of Trump". It has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with common sense. Just like my belief that distance learning is a joke isn't a "Defense of Trump", but somehow on here I am told it is. Either one blames Trump for everything that goes wrong or they are defending him in your eyes. Today's left.

Here's a promise. Come next Wednesday, I will still blame State leadership for State failures.
And these same geniuses will continue to blame trump.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Well first of all N Dakota’s restrictions and mask mandate weren’t in place until they were at their peak so it’s not a true restriction/no restriction comparison. Secondly, using cases alone doesn’t tell the whole story as S Dakota tests less than just about every other state. Even so, this graph shows N Dakota decreased their numbers at a higher rate than S Dakota.

No matter how hard people try, the numbers show that restrictions and mask mandates help. The debate should only be where the line is to where the negative impacts of restrictions outweigh the positives.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
No matter how hard people try, the numbers show that restrictions and mask mandates help.
Covid is transmitted by droplets. Masks catch droplets.

Therefore, there is no possible way to reason that masks don't decrease the risk of transmission, relative to comparing each apples-to-apples scenario with respect to all other variables.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You sorta did but didn’t really say specifically how it is happening. People are still getting tested for the flu. It’s not like people being admitted to the hospital are only getting tested for Covid.
He can't give you that specific of a response, because one doesn't exist.

Doesn't mean he'll change his mind.

The curse of humanity: being angry that you were proven wrong, so you keep doing or believing that thing anyway, just to spite those who proved you wrong.

Only humans are capable of such absurd behavior.

cncmin

Reaction score

The problem you have here, Spoofin, is that I'm certainly NOT politicizing the distribution. It's bad, and bad distribution starts at the incompetence at the top. This is leadership 101 in play here (or the lack thereof). Keep defending incompetence and blaming those with less power to effect change. It doesn't make you right, but it does toe the party line you continue to exasperatingly defend. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself, I guess...

A 9-month's notice - what are are you talking about? The vaccine was only recently approved, and the main one distributed so far requires ridiculous storage conditions (extreme cold), for which no state was or could be adequately prepared to do.

Finally, 9 months advance (your quote, not mine) should be plenty of time for even a semi-competent administration to put together a distribution plan. After all, having a few states successfully vaccinate while the rest flounder is not a recipe for successfully tackling a pandemic. For example, can anyone explain why our government was not ready for the storage requirements needed for the Pfizer vaccine? You need coordination across the states AND territories, at the borders and at the international airports and seaports. Instead, this is nothing but a clusterF. Interstate problems should not be left to the states. That's what the federal government is for.

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
The data clearly shows that I am right. Why do you continue to deny data and Science?
No full data sets have ever supported any hypothesis you have said on this board. Every ridiculous hypothesis you have made has been readily disproven and debunked. You post garbage. Stop posting garbage.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The problem you have here, Spoofin, is that I'm certainly NOT politicizing the distribution. It's bad, and bad distribution starts at the incompetence at the top. This is leadership 101 in play here (or the lack thereof). Keep defending incompetence and blaming those with less power to effect change. It doesn't make you right, but it does toe the party line you continue to exasperatingly defend. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself, I guess...

A 9-month's notice - what are are you talking about? The vaccine was only recently approved, and the main one distributed so far requires ridiculous storage conditions (extreme cold), for which no state was or could be adequately prepared to do.

Finally, 9 months advance (your quote, not mine) should be plenty of time for even a semi-competent administration to put together a distribution plan. After all, having a few states successfully vaccinate while the rest flounder is not a recipe for successfully tackling a pandemic. For example, can anyone explain why our government was not ready for the storage requirements needed for the Pfizer vaccine? You need coordination across the states AND territories, at the borders and at the international airports and seaports. Instead, this is nothing but a clusterF. Interstate problems should not be left to the states. That's what the federal government is for.
You didn’t know a vaccine that had “ridiculous storage requirements” was coming many months in advance? Do you live under a rock? Our only hope is the feds telling these poor stooges what to do. You got your boogey man, carry on.

cncmin

Reaction score
You didn’t know a vaccine that had “ridiculous storage requirements” was coming many months in advance? Do you live under a rock? Our only hope is the feds telling these poor stooges what to do. You got your boogey man, carry on.
You are making my point for me, thank you.

Spoofin

Reaction score
You are making my point for me, thank you.
This point....
Surprise! Here comes a vaccine we are “pushing on you”.

You have convinced me. How the Feds failed to tell Walz the logistics on how to get vaccine distributed to Cloquet is unacceptable. They should have provided every state with a roadmap on how to get it to every city. We can’t expect our State Governments to do that. I mean, some are doing it pretty well, but that’s just dumb luck. Boogey Man!

cncmin

Reaction score
This point....

Surprise! Here comes a vaccine we are “pushing on you”.

You have convinced me. How the Feds failed to tell Walz the logistics on how to get vaccine distributed to Cloquet is unacceptable. They should have provided every state with a roadmap on how to get it to every city. We can’t expect our State Governments to do that. I mean, some are doing it pretty well, but that’s just dumb luck. Boogey Man!
You are increasingly convincing me that you don't know what you are talking about on this subject. You are driving the FNC propaganda angle (Trump defense/protection/offense) awfully hard; far too hard.

You do realize that it's not just states with Dem governors struggling to distribute this, right? Right?

Spoofin

Reaction score
You are increasingly convincing me that you don't know what you are talking about on this subject. You are driving the FNC propaganda angle (Trump defense/protection/offense) awfully hard; far too hard.

You do realize that it's not just states with Dem governors struggling to distribute this, right? Right?
Surprise! A vaccine.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Again making it political? When did I say anything about Dem/Rep? I have said some States are doing better than others. I have ripped on Walz because MN is failing and I LIVE IN Minnesota. It is you that wants to make this a D/R thing. Sad, really.... and a huge part of the problem with COVID in this Country.

USAF

Reaction score
Again making it political? When did I say anything about Dem/Rep? I have said some States are doing better than others. I have ripped on Walz because MN is failing and I LIVE IN Minnesota. It is you that wants to make this a D/R thing. Sad, really.... and a huge part of the problem with COVID in this Country.
Fraud

Top Bottom