The new Corona virus, should we worry?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/05/sou...te-antibody-drugs-dr-scott-gottlieb-says.html

South African Covid variant appears to ‘obviate’ antibody drugs, Dr. Scott Gottlieb says
Dr. Scott Gottlieb warned that vaccinating Americans against Covid is more critical than ever, especially as the new South Africa variant appears to inhibit antibody drugs.

This will become the dominant strain probably everywhere. If you get it, and your illness is severe, there will be nothing they can do for you anymore. Just make you comfortable and hope you pull through.

Vaccination is the only way to ensure your survival.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Walz relaxing some restrictions. I expect we'll go back to the program we had at our gym. Wear a mask to get in, take it off once you're by the desk. It seemed dumb but whatever. I haven't been wearing a mask while running on the treadmill and I won't start now.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Walz relaxing some restrictions. I expect we'll go back to the program we had at our gym. Wear a mask to get in, take it off once you're by the desk. It seemed dumb but whatever. I haven't been wearing a mask while running on the treadmill and I won't start now.

You know the one thing i do like about this scamdemic is how every other treadmill is blocked off.

I like my space when im running.

I swear, you can be on the treadmill, and theres like 20 open treadmills on each side of you, and some jerkoff will get on the treadmill next to you...................the one good thing about the scamdemic

Blizzard

Reaction score
You know the one thing i do like about this scamdemic is how every other treadmill is blocked off.

I swear, you can be on the treadmill, and theres like 20 open treadmills on each side of you, and some jerkoff will get on the treadmill next to you...................the one good thing about the scamdemic
I do too. I don't know if some people think they're running a race or what but it's just like back the hell off and let me have some space.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

Gyms had already been open for a couple weeks now.

Do you actually go to a gym?

MplsGopher

Reaction score

Do people actually run on treadmills anymore? That was like, the 1980's.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
and here are the new #. Testing still on the low side. deaths a little higher.

MN Covid-19 update - Weds, Jan 6

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 411,956 +1,935. (positive test rate 9.6%)

Health-Care workers with positive cases 33,193 +227.

Cases no longer needing isolation 406,910 +243.

Active Cases 15,149 +2,016.

Deaths 5,340 +65.

Deaths at long-term care and assisted living 3,464 +39.

Patients currently Hospitalized 817 -25. Cumulative 22,437 +100.

Patients currently In ICU 150 -15. cumulative 4,722 +14.

Total tests processed 5,519,178 +20,155.

Number of people tested 3,031,983 +7,687.

Spoofin

Reaction score

Its also taken care of the issue of dudes who like to stand around naked, one leg up on the bench, while talking to others.

Wally

Reaction score
Do people actually run on treadmills anymore? That was like, the 1980's.
Stepper or stepmill for me, those are a real workout. I got a gym quality stairmaster for free on Craigslist, it skipped but I fixed it with a 5 dollar chain, bingo $1000 machine.

Wally

Reaction score
Its also taken care of the issue of dudes who like to stand around naked, one leg up on the bench, while talking to others.
Yes it is uncomfortable getting hit on by gay guys in the locker room especially naked. Happened to me in college. Not a big deal but I wasn't ready for it. In hindsight it's flattering. He was definitely on the tiny girly side so at least I didn't have worry about my safety.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Yes it is uncomfortable getting hit on by gay guys in the locker room especially naked. Happened to me in college. Not a big deal but I wasn't ready for it. In hindsight it's flattering. He was definitely on the tiny girly side so at least I didn't have worry about my safety.
I've never been hit on at the gym, just had to walk around the "conversation" to get to my locker many times. Never understood how that was 'normal'. Come to think of it, not sure a girl has ever hit on me either :cry:

Wally

Reaction score
I've never been hit on at the gym, just had to walk around the "conversation" to get to my locker many times. Never understood how that was 'normal'. Come to think of it, not sure a girl has ever hit on me either :cry:
They probably have you were just oblivious as most guys are, I know I am.

The gay guy made it obvious, follows me from Sauna, pees next to me, Im like ok thats wierd but there are only two urinals. Then follows me to the gang shower with literally 50 shower heads and starts showering right next to me, we are the only ones in there. And then starts asking me about working out....

I was so surprised it was just like uhhhhhhhh...

Back on topic, 4000 deaths yesterday, can we get to 5?

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Hospital numbers keep going down.

MN Covid-19 Update - Thurs, Jan 7

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 413,653 +1,714. (positive test rate 4.9%)

Health-Care workers with positive cases 33,396 +263.

Cases no longer needing isolation 408,510 +1,600.

Active Cases 15,488 +339.

Deaths 5,381 +41.

Deaths at long-term care and assisted living 3,485 +21.

Patients currently Hospitalized 787 -30. Cumulative 22,541 +104.

Patients currently In ICU 135 -5. Cumulative 4,733 +11.

Total Tests processed 5,553,851 +35,162.

Number of people tested 3,041,891 +9,908.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Impossible. Restaurants there have been open (and busy) since mid May, and kids are in school. Their case, hospitalization and death numbers have to be far worse than ours.
If Minnesota had allowed the same restaurant rules as Wisconsin has since May, and the result was a 10% higher number of hospitalizations, ICU admissions, and deaths ... would that have been a better outcome?

I would say that would be a worse outcome. I'm happy to sacrifice my indoor restaurant dining for a year, so that some people won't die.

Spoofin

Reaction score
All States are in the same boat. This is a poor attempt to explain away why they are ranked 35th in the US in % of shots received that have been given. MDH thinks we are all suckers, I guess.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
All States are in the same boat. This is a poor attempt to explain away why they are ranked 35th in the US in % of shots received that have been given. MDH thinks we are all suckers, I guess.
Look who posted it.

howeda7

Reaction score
I dumped her before she needed a new job. Now if Kayleigh was available.......
I have a feeling her 30 second "issue statement and run like a coward" press conference today was her last. She's available.

Top Bottom