The new Corona virus, should we worry?

howeda7

Reaction score
From everything you whackadoos have been howling about here, she should get crushed in a re-election bid; cases spiking, hundreds dying, etc. Using this rationale, her winning at all would apparently be considered earth-shattering and shocking according to you guys
No one said that, dummy. In deep red and deep blue states you can be awful and still win re-election easily, unfortunately. Based on you screetching and howling about "Hitler" Walz, I assume you think My Pillow Guy is going to crush him?

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Just to be clear, then, every politician who wins re-election is good and honorable and always did the right thing?
You don't think the good people of South Dakota are capable of making that decision for themselves? Yes, yes, I know... the people are unwashed and uneducated heathens, the government needs to make all of these decisions for them on how to live their lives on a daily basis. That's really what we're talking about here. At least you can come out and openly admit that

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score

Liberal heaven California once again proving to be completely incompetent. But please continue to tell me government run heath care will be just fine.

Wally

Reaction score
From everything you whackadoos have been howling about here, she should get crushed in a re-election bid; cases spiking, hundreds dying, etc. Using this rationale, her winning at all would apparently be considered earth-shattering and shocking according to you guys
I would expect her to win, a pretty face who caters to their base desires.

Its not like a big state without many people needs much government.

Even in your conservative bastion of excellence they are having trouble keeping schools open....
More S.D. school districts are moving to remote learning ahead of Thanksgiving.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Is there any backup to the statement “WIDESPREAD DEPRESSION, SOURING SUICIDE &HEALTH ISSUES”?

I know we’ve all assumed this, but has anyone quantified this. It’s not in the article that was referenced in that tweet.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I would expect her to win, a pretty face who caters to their base desires.

Its not like a big state without many people needs much government.

Even in your conservative bastion of excellence they are having trouble keeping schools open....
More S.D. school districts are moving to remote learning ahead of Thanksgiving.
They are being proactive with the thought of families getting together. I like this rather than being reactionary. Wisconsin is doing the same thing closing down schools between now and Christmas with the hope of not getting people sick due to all the family time.

justthefacts

Reaction score
You don't think the good people of South Dakota are capable of making that decision for themselves? Yes, yes, I know... the people are unwashed and uneducated heathens, the government needs to make all of these decisions for them on how to live their lives on a daily basis. That's really what we're talking about here. At least you can come out and openly admit that
Obama got re-elected. Trump didn't.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Where is the data?????
How dare they make these claims without good data!

Suicide strengthens the gene pool, just like Covid, I am a big proponent of both as long as it's no one I care about...

Ooops, the margarita is bringing my true feelings out into the open. 😯😯😯😯
What? Settle down chief. You should take a little break from this site my man.

I’m sure it’s been a huge issue. How couldn’t it be with all of the anxiety involved the last 8 months? Have there been any studies or articles on the nations mental health through this?

wondering if there have been any studies or

Spoofin

Reaction score
SD is simply the flavor of the month. It was AZ and TX and FL before that. Soon it will be another State. Virtually every state, country, etc. has had or will have a second spike, just like we were told months ago and just like MN is going through now. I'll let you figure out why some like to focus only on certain ones.

Section2

Reaction score
Yep, only for the special people...😎😎😎

Our school had openings and they don't turn down anyone for lack of money, so in theory anyone could have sent their kids.

Even with our kids in private school I will still be a supporter of public schools, need someplace for the riff raff😎
As long as you are comfortable with your hypocrisy.

Wally

Reaction score
As long as you are comfortable with your hypocrisy.
Well whatever you think. PreCovid I didn't seriously consider sending my kids to private school. Then we looked into it and the price was so reasonable it was a no brainier. I don't see how that makes me a hippocrite.

My heath insurance thru work essentially pays for the kids to go to private school. If I had to stay home for distance learning we would be paying $1300/month for worse health insurance, about the same price as their school. Kids like it and we like it.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
SD is simply the flavor of the month. It was AZ and TX and FL before that. Soon it will be another State. Virtually every state, country, etc. has had or will have a second spike, just like we were told months ago and just like MN is going through now. I'll let you figure out why some like to focus only on certain ones.
A big reason for them being the flavor of the month is because there were many people previously praising many of those states for lower spread and deaths while taking little action. Now many of those states aren’t doing very well so the criticism for little action is going to pick up.

Section2

Reaction score
Well whatever you think. PreCovid I didn't seriously consider sending my kids to private school. Then we looked into it and the price was so reasonable it was a no brainier. I don't see how that makes me a hippocrite.

My heath insurance thru work essentially pays for the kids to go to private school. If I had to stay home for distance learning we would be paying $1300/month for worse health insurance, about the same price as their school. Kids like it and we like it.
Sounds like you are opposed to other parents making the same choice you did? Or maybe you are a huge school choice proponent and I just wasn’t aware.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Too funny. They love those Cuomos. Can you imagine if a red state governor‘s actions helped lead to the highest death rate in the world? What would that media coverage look like? /s. The difference, I suppose, is he‘s repented in the eyes of the left wing media by toeing the company line. Has his brother caught Covid-19 yet, for real this time?

Wally

Reaction score
Sounds like you are opposed to other parents making the same choice you did? Or maybe you are a huge school choice proponent and I just wasn’t aware.
If you want to send your kids to private school or whatever school you want, go for it.

I really don't pay much attention to the politics of school choice but I'm not asking for any handouts. Should I be asking for a handout?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Here is a good interview, don't worry its not a left wing nutter. Read it.

I’ll never understand the resistance to wearing masks. I don’t understand why people aren’t being asked to wear decent ones, either. Boy Scout bandannas, gaiters, valved masks, and the single layer t-shirt material is just ridiculous in Nov 2020. False sense of security, unfortunately.

Many people would be better off wearing face shields, like football coaches. Like Brian Callahan, for example.

stocker08

Reaction score
Are inner city schools using Mac II’s?

I’ll stand by my statement. The schools in the poorest districts out here are awash in IPads, WiFi, and eleventy hundred software programs. Their outcomes are terrible.
I would suspect that they trail schools in more affluent areas in the tech department. But no....I doubt they top out with Number Munchers and 3.5" Floppy Drives.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I would suspect that they trail schools in more affluent areas in the tech department. But no....I doubt they top out with Number Munchers and 3.5" Floppy Drives.
You can’t fix parental culture, behavior, addiction, somnolence issues with money. The same is true of people damaging their health through poor diet, exercise, medical treatment avoidance and misadventures. Covid-deniers, and the list goes on. Don Quixote. One can try to help and mentor and guide, but ultimately it’s their responsibility to put forth effort and motivation and ignore negative influences. Some will escape and exceed their parents and that should always be aided and abetted.

cncmin

Reaction score
You can’t fix parental culture, behavior, addiction, somnolence issues with money. The same is true of people damaging their health through poor diet, exercise, medical treatment avoidance and misadventures. Covid-deniers, and the list goes on. Don Quixote. One can try to help and mentor and guide, but ultimately it’s their responsibility to put forth effort and motivation and ignore negative influences. Some will escape and exceed their parents and that should always be aided and abetted.
Indeed. It's very, very difficult to force someone to work hard at educating themselves. A person has to want to do that.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Indeed. It's very, very difficult to force someone to work hard at educating themselves. A person has to want to do that.
I guess it's either that or we just hand everything to them anyway because they have a victim mentality and may have had to overcome an obstacle or two along the way. I guess that's the other alternative to hard work. Seems legit

Section2

Reaction score
If you want to send your kids to private school or whatever school you want, go for it.

I really don't pay much attention to the politics of school choice but I'm not asking for any handouts. Should I be asking for a handout?
Maybe you should spend some time understanding the issue.

Section2

Reaction score
You also can’t fix the culture of schools by forcing kids who don’t want to be there to stay, disrupt, and drag down those who do want to learn.

cncmin

Reaction score
I guess it's either that or we just hand everything to them anyway because they have a victim mentality and may have had to overcome an obstacle or two along the way. I guess that's the other alternative to hard work. Seems legit
Who are you talking about? Who is getting "hand[ed] everything"?

cncmin

Reaction score
You also can’t fix the culture of schools by forcing kids who don’t want to be there to stay, disrupt, and drag down those who do want to learn.
The worst thing our educators can do, IMO, is play to the bottom. I hated when the class would slow down in a futile effort to get the kids who didn't give a damn or didn't try in school to keep up.

That said, I by no means would suggest that those kids should not get an opportunity. By high school, I no longer had any classes with those kids, and the system seemed to work itself out. But they held back the higher performers well through middle school, which suggests that the top kids were held back by the bottom kids through most of their early education.

Top Bottom