The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Spoofin

Reaction score
I don't need to. You contradicted yourself.

I contradicted myself? Really now.
Statement 1: Social distancing is important.
Statement 2: I have no issue social distancing when at the gym or a restaurant.

Once again, JTF being dishonest to the core.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
North Dakota Governor: “We’re calling in 60 Air Force nurses and 60 contracted nurses to help with over run hospitals”

We know SD is in better shape than ND right now. But one health system is representative of two whole states? High IQ Alex at it again.
His tweets below that are just as bad. Apparently he thinks thousands of doctors and nurses are exaggerating.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
"Beds in Use" # not updated yet. they've been updating later in the day.

Rolling 14-day average case rates: of 87 counties in MN, 4 counties at 30-49 average cases, 83 counties over 50. 52 counties over 100. Top counties: Polk 234.88, Roseau 201.14, Benton 201.11.

MN covid-19 Update - Fri, Nov 20

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 252,716 +6,500. (positive test rate 12.0%)

health-Care workers with positive cases 19,676 +479.

Cases no longer needing isolation 204,432 +6,067.

Active Cases 45,191 +358.

Deaths 3,093 +64.

Deaths at long-term care and assisted living 2,142 +42.

Total Hospitalized-cumulative 14,462 +291.

Total in ICU-cumulative 3,387 +41.

Total tests processed 3,588,557 +54,228.

Number of people tested 2,260,294 +27,157.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I contradicted myself? Really now.
Statement 1: Social distancing is important.
Statement 2: I have no issue social distancing when at the gym or a restaurant.

Once again, JTF being dishonest to the core.
Except your first statement wasn't that social distancing was important. It was that the focus on social distancing is being silenced.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Except your first statement wasn't that social distancing was important. It was that the focus on social distancing is being silenced.
Oh, it wasn't, huh? How deep can you dig with your dishonesty? My first statement was that one of the biggest issues with how we are handling COVID is that we have silenced the focus on social distancing. I even wrote that it was "uber important".
IMO, the 2 biggest issues with how we have handled COVID are:
1. The focus on mask wear (important) has silenced the focus on social distancing (uber important)
Your claim is my point wasn't that social distancing is important? Tool. Of course, you edited that post to remove the leadin so you could lie about it. Dishonest to the Core.
1605899814476.png

Spoofin

Reaction score
You can't have a rational discussion with a proven fraud.
The board idiot chimming in. Wrong again. Supporting JTF's lies that are proven here to be dishonest. You honestly have no ability what so ever to think for yourself or be anything other than a lacky stooge.

Are you still searching for that post I made "over and over" about the MPLS rioting? Liar.
Are you still dealing with your 31-minutes of "never posting on tOTB again"? Liar.

What you do have is your pathetic stance that I voted for Trump, which is wrong, but you have based your whole pathetic existance on it so you won't let it go. That's what you have sidekick. You are a half wit. You are a proven liar. You are a complete and total hack. Dumb as the day is long and you know it.

USAF

Reaction score
The board idiot chimming in. Wrong again. Supporting JTF's lies that are proven here to be dishonest. You honestly have no ability what so ever to think for yourself or be anything other than a lacky stooge.

Are you still searching for that post I made "over and over" about the MPLS rioting? Liar.
Are you still dealing with your 31-minutes of "never posting on tOTB again"? Liar.

What you do have is your pathetic stance that I voted for Trump, which is wrong, but you have based your whole pathetic existance on it so you won't let it go. That's what you have sidekick. You are a half wit. You are a proven liar. You are a complete and total hack. Dumb as the day is long and you know it.
Not sure what "chimming" is, so it's hard to respond.

Fraud.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Not sure what "chimming" is, so it's hard to respond.

Fraud.
Transparent response. A proven liar calling someone else a fraud based on a (incorrect) hunch. Priceless.

BTW - Since I have had you on ignore the last week you were mentioned in a post I quoted once and I responded to zero of your posts. In that same week you responded to or mentioned me in 45 of your posts. Pretty telling and pretty pathetic.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Propaganda, lol, clown? The guidance and recommendations are coming from medical professionals in those specific fields. I and others are smart and humble enough to STF and listen to those who have the knowledge and expertise we don't and not preen on an anonymous message board and stroke our ego purporting to be some type of Einstein, even though their day job indicates to the contrary.

Tell your pseudo intellectual BS to the families of all the unnecessary dead in Sweden because they wouldn't follow the guidance and advice of the overwhelming majority of public health officials.

And how sad and pathetic that you try and couch your nonsensical reasoning based on enlightenment and deep thinking.

BTW - school closures are a completely separate issue and the reason they have likely been performing so well is that most are following the prophylactic guidance of mask wearing, socially distancing and hand washing.

To wit -

New York City Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza said Wednesday that the positivity rate of the school population is 0.19 percent, much lower than that of the city as a whole.

"The city established the 3 percent infection rate threshold to make sure that schools did not become centers to spread the coronavirus. Since the 3 percent rate has been reached, education will continue but all students will be learning remotely," the union's president, Michael Mulgrew, said.

NYC's overall positivity rate it 3.0%, per the article, and of course varies by population center/location. In this instance, I think they over reacted to the 3.0% and made an error and should have not closed the schools since they are not an incubator at this point for the disease.

Each school situation is difference, of course.

This is a nuanced discussion, where I disagree with you on Sweden and agree with you regarding NYC schools.
[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm tapping out, as we're coming up on the holidays.

May you and yours be happy, healthy and socially distanced.

God Bless!
[/QUOTE]

No offense, but it’s clear you don’t have a scientific background. These issues are not black and white and most of the scientists will tell you that, tell you their hypotheses, the limitations of their understanding and findings but you have to actually listen to what they’re saying (or read their papers all the way through) instead of latching on to only the conclusion or opinion or possibility that fits your preconceived bias. Most are not political, a few are on both “sides” which in my view is harmful. Some studies are very weak evidence, others are completely useless in terms of the truism correlation does not equal causation. Those raise more hypotheses to be tested. We don’t know everything and anyone that says otherwise is not using science except as a weapon.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Spoofin is one of the biggest liars and dbags on the board. Him calling someone a liar is pathetic.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
"Beds in Use" # not updated yet. they've been updating later in the day.

Rolling 14-day average case rates: of 87 counties in MN, 4 counties at 30-49 average cases, 83 counties over 50. 52 counties over 100. Top counties: Polk 234.88, Roseau 201.14, Benton 201.11.

MN covid-19 Update - Fri, Nov 20

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 252,716 +6,500. (positive test rate 12.0%)

health-Care workers with positive cases 19,676 +479.

Cases no longer needing isolation 204,432 +6,067.

Active Cases 45,191 +358.

Deaths 3,093 +64.

Deaths at long-term care and assisted living 2,142 +42.

Total Hospitalized-cumulative 14,462 +291.

Total in ICU-cumulative 3,387 +41.

Total tests processed 3,588,557 +54,228.

Number of people tested 2,260,294 +27,157.
Has Minnesota had a mask mandate or is it in the past few days? Serious question - not sure.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Update on Beds in use - Reported Friday, 11-20:

Covid Patients currently hospitalized 1,784 +33.

Covid patients currently in ICU 369 +2.

Statewide ICU beds in use 1,142. Capacity 1,440.

Statewide all beds in use 6,945. Capacity 8,984.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Oh, it wasn't, huh? How deep can you dig with your dishonesty? My first statement was that one of the biggest issues with how we are handling COVID is that we have silenced the focus on social distancing. I even wrote that it was "uber important".

Your claim is my point wasn't that social distancing is important? Tool. Of course, you edited that post to remove the leadin so you could lie about it. Dishonest to the Core.
View attachment 10560
You literally wrote that the focus on mask wear has silenced the focus on social distancing. Literally.

If so, apparently it doesn't matter since gyms and many restaurants have no issue with social distancing over the past few months.

USAF

Reaction score
A proven liar calling someone else a fraud
Oh the irony.

Nobody takes you seriously, fraud. Nobody.

You try to present yourself as something other than a shameless Trump shill, while shamelessly shilling for Trump and everything hard right crackpot.

You're a transparent fraud.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
No offense, but it’s clear you don’t have a scientific background. These issues are not black and white and most of the scientists will tell you that, tell you their hypotheses, the limitations of their understanding and findings but you have to actually listen to what they’re saying (or read their papers all the way through) instead of latching on to only the conclusion or opinion or possibility that fits your preconceived bias. Most are not political, a few are on both “sides” which in my view is harmful. Some studies are very weak evidence, others are completely useless in terms of the truism correlation does not equal causation. Those raise more hypotheses to be tested. We don’t know everything and anyone that says otherwise is not using science except as a weapon.
Enlighten me then - what's your scientific background?
What was your field of study in college?
What job title do you presently hold?
What qualifications do you specifically hold, either academically or vocationally, that allow you to honestly say you know more than those that provide guidance/considered KOLs or for posters on the OTB?

I never stated specifically that I have a scientific background, lol, in fact I stated that I didn't (that was the clear implication in my sentence below)-
"I and others are smart and humble enough to STF and listen to those who have the knowledge and expertise..."

I will give you kudos on your writing style - you actually have some on here aren't coherent when having a substantive discussion like this, however, your context never really stated anything specific or tangible as they are broad generalities, which do not contradict my posts. So, I will need much more specific answers to my questions to establish your creds with me (disclosure, I worked in B2B sales for ~25 years, so I recognize non-answers from the jump, holmes).

Waiting with baited breath. Don't worry, i actually only nibble and don't bite -

1605906019266.png

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
You literally wrote that the focus on mask wear has silenced the focus on social distancing. Literally.

If so, apparently it doesn't matter since gyms and many restaurants have no issue with social distancing over the past few months.
Yes, I literally said that --- because I believe strongly it is true. I also presented it as a bad thing because social distancing is a far more effective measure. Which makes your bolded statement the dumbest and most dishonest thing you have posted yet. Holy Sh!t. Trying to imply that I don't think a focus on social distancing matters based on my posts is rotten and unfortunatley not below you.

Can you comprehend that someone can successfully social distance at a restaurant or gym without assuming they then think everyone does at every gym and restaturant? Bozo. Do you realize that gyms and restautrants are not the only places that COVID spreads and therefore that social distancing may be necessary at places other than gyms and restaurants too? Bozo. This little exercise you are putting on here trying to say that me thinking social distancing is important and me saying I don't have issues social distancing at gyms and restaurants is contradicting is not only dumb, it is also stupid. Even for you. Dishonest to the core.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Oh the irony.

Nobody takes you seriously, fraud. Nobody.

You try to present yourself as something other than a shameless Trump shill, while shamelessly shilling for Trump and everything hard right crackpot.

You're a transparent fraud.
Treasonous traitor.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Yes, I literally said that --- because I believe strongly it is true. I also presented it as a bad thing because social distancing is a far more effective measure. Which makes your bolded statement the dumbest and most dishonest thing you have posted yet. Holy Sh!t. Trying to imply that I don't think a focus on social distancing matters based on my posts is rotten and unfortunatley not below you.

Can you comprehend that someone can successfully social distance at a restaurant or gym without assuming they then think everyone does at every gym and restaturant? Bozo. Do you realize that gyms and restautrants are not the only places that COVID spreads and therefore that social distancing may be necessary at places other than gyms and restaurants too? Bozo. This little exercise you are putting on here trying to say that me thinking social distancing is important and me saying I don't have issues social distancing at gyms and restaurants is contradicting is not only dumb, it is also stupid. Even for you. Dishonest to the core.
just the lies / just no facts

Wally

Reaction score
Tell us exactly what you would do about Covid. What is your ideal?

All you critics, lets hear your plan. I am sick of hearing the problem with ehat they are doing, thats easy, critics are a dime a dozen. Its the rare few who will step up and own it.

Top Bottom