The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
This is a big part of it. When these people are surveyed they’ll say they’re wearing masks too.
I have to ask, what would be the right answer? I mean, I wear a mask where it's absolutely required; I walk into the gas station to get an energy drink, the mask goes on right before I walk in the door and it comes off the second I walk out the door, into the great wide open outdoors.

If someone asks me if I wear a mask, should I not say yes? Maybe I'm not understanding if this doesn't make sense.

RahSkiUMah

Reaction score
I have to ask, what would be the right answer? I mean, I wear a mask where it's absolutely required; I walk into the gas station to get an energy drink, the mask goes on right before I walk in the door and it comes off the second I walk out the door, into the great wide open outdoors.

If someone asks me if I wear a mask, should I not say yes? Maybe I'm not understanding if this doesn't make sense.
I think it’s fine. It’s unrealistic to think people will wear masks at home, when among their social circle. It’s never going to happen. More importantly we should be limiting our social circles. Seeing a few people closely a week vs seeing 10-20 people closely every week makes a big difference from a community spread perspective.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score

My statement is more critical of the survey and how it’s interpreted. They are probably too simplistic and don’t really tell us that much. A survey showing that 90% of people wear masks doesn’t necessarily mean 90% are wearing them in every situation where they’re in long close contact with people outside their household. Lots of people wear them at the grocery store, Target, etc but then don’t when at a wedding, party, large get together, etc.

Some people have used the surveys to say “see almost everyone wears them yet numbers are going up so they don’t work”.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Looks like US is gonna hit 2,000 deaths for the day today. But no worries, i'm sure it's actually just the flu.
Do any of the governors of individual states bare any responsibility for their handling of the pandemic or is it just the federal governments fault? Just curious as most states decided to implement their own rules and guidelines as opposed to the federal guidelines.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
63 confirmed deaths today. another 4 'probable' deaths. Number of deaths has gone up 32% in the last month.

MN Covid-19 Update - Weds, Nov 18

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 238,646 +4,740. (positive test rate 14.3%)

Health-Care workers with positive cases 18,769 +412.

Cases no longer needing isolation 193,869 +7,189.

Active Cases 41,816 -2,519.

Deaths 2,961 +63.

Deaths at long-term care and assisted living 2,050 +50.

Patients currently Hospitalized 1,706 +37. Cumulative 13,892 +298.

Patients currently In ICU 355 +9. Cumulative 3,307 +60.

Total tests processed 3,478.924 +33,237.

Number of people tested 2,204,412 +16,255.
So Walz was going to protest the people in long term care facilities in March of 2020. It’s not November and 50 of the 63 people that passed away were in long term care facilities. Just curious if he has a plan to prevent the most vulnerable from passing away or if he’s still studying the situation.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score

He is the gift that keeps on giving. If you’re a rich white person that can afford private school there is a good chance your children are in the classroom. If you’re a poor person that relies on public education more than likely your kids a learning virtually. Of course the governors kids are able to learn in person. The very people Democrats claim to want to lift up and protect are the very people being hurt by their regulations and closures during this time. They are the ones losing their part time jobs at the business being closed or having their hours cut back due to disruptive business regulations. Then of course their children are being made to study virtually with limited supervision and are being left behind. This should really help the achievement gap between children.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Do any of the governors of individual states bare any responsibility for their handling of the pandemic or is it just the federal governments fault? Just curious as most states decided to implement their own rules and guidelines as opposed to the federal guidelines.
Could you be more specific what States you are referring to. The answer depends on that.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Could you be more specific what States you are referring to. The answer depends on that.
How about New York, Minnesota, South Dakota, Florida, California, Texas.

im still waiting on walz’s plan to protect the people in long term care facilities that he wanted to protect way back in March.

Spoofin

Reaction score

im still waiting on walz’s plan to protect the people in long term care facilities that he wanted to protect way back in March.
Nothing, Nothing, Failed, Failed, Nothing, Failed. Howie logic.

AMEN on LTCFs. I’ve been asking that since March.

cncmin

Reaction score

Do you know how very difficult it is to protect people in long term care facilities from this? Do you think that the workers in these facilities live there 24/7 and never leave? Do you think these people deserve zero visitors the rest of their lives? One person comes in sick, and the whole place comes down with it. And as the proportion of sick people increases, the odds of this happening increase.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Do you know how very difficult it is to protect people in long term care facilities from this? Do you think that the workers in these facilities live there 24/7 and never leave? Do you think these people deserve zero visitors the rest of their lives? One person comes in sick, and the whole place comes down with it. And as the proportion of sick people increases, the odds of this happening increase.
No it’s not easy and most people are working other jobs as well. So he basically lied that he was trying to come up with a plan. The plan seems to be to not let family see their loved ones and complain that there is not enough PPE for everyone.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Newsom lied about the entire party. All of it.
He is one of the main jamm jamm clan west coast elites.
Good for thee not for me.

cncmin

Reaction score
No it’s not easy and most people are working other jobs as well. So he basically lied that he was trying to come up with a plan. The plan seems to be to not let family see their loved ones and complain that there is not enough PPE for everyone.
So, you do the best you can. The best bet for these people is to lower the illness rates across the board, so that the odds of a sick person coming into that facility are decreased. But that cannot happen if half the populace believes that wearing a mask is just too intrusive on their "freedom" and are too selfish to wear a mask or socially distance for the sake of others.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Silence from your stupid self about you hero dems and their parties

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
So, you do the best you can. The best bet for these people is to lower the illness rates across the board, so that the odds of a sick person coming into that facility are decreased. But that cannot happen if half the populace believes that wearing a mask is just too intrusive on their "freedom" and are too selfish to wear a mask or socially distance for the sake of others.
That includes Democrats as well. There was just a picture of Newsom eating dinner in California with no mask and more people than are allowed under his mandate. Of course he apologized after the event and he is the correct color (blue) so he is not held accountable for anything. He’s trying his best what more could you ask for.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Doing the best you can would involve an extensive, frequent testing routine at these places. Daily even.

Stats show 85-90% compliance on mask mandate. "Half the people" is just not accurate. Also, more people wear them now than before the mandate. People should wear them, but people not wearing them is not the reason for the recent surge. The fact that it is a virus that spreads easily is. Have you not been paying attention to surges all across the country and the world?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
That includes Democrats as well. There was just a picture of Newsom eating dinner in California with no mask and more people than are allowed under his mandate. Of course he apologized after the event and he is the correct color (blue) so he is not held accountable for anything. He’s trying his best what more could you ask for.
He LIED about it being OUTSIDE. It was INSIDE. Yet not one Dem will be honest enough to bring it up first.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

Which state has implemented a plan to protect patients in LTCF's that has worked?

It's not a thing. It can't be done, unless you're OK with locking the staff inside the building with a supply of food, against their will. Last I checked, that was not legal.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Our failure is collective, we all need to do better.

Wally

Reaction score

I'm waiting for you to volunteer to move into a long-term care facility until this pandemic is over. I say let it rip in ltc and don't take them to hospital, give them oxygen and drug therapy in ltc. Sacrafices have to be made for jobs and the economy.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I'm waiting for you to volunteer to move into a long-term care facility until this pandemic is over. I say let it rip in ltc and don't take them to hospital, give them oxygen and drug therapy in ltc. Sacrafices have to be made for jobs and the economy.
I assume that is sarcasm.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Our failure is collective, we all need to do better.
I completely agree. I wear a mask and only leave my house for supplies and work. Life is not fun right now but I can live with it. Why wait to close restaurants until Friday at 10:00pm, why not tonight at 10:00pm if it’s a matter of life or death. If Walz knew he was going to stop youth sports tonight why didn’t he stop them last night when teams were playing. The arbitrary numbers and times is what I don’t like. Make the changes immediately if it’s a matter of life or death.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Somewhere in your editing you attributed the wrong quote to me. Thanks but no thanks! :cool:

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Which state has implemented a plan to protect patients in LTCF's that has worked?

It's not a thing. It can't be done, unless you're OK with locking the staff inside the building with a supply of food, against their will. Last I checked, that was not legal.
No it’s not but don’t say your are going to protect the most vulnerable in March then. If doctors and nurses are getting it while eating lunch at work we are all doomed.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
that’s awesome Josef Mengele.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I completely agree. I wear a mask and only leave my house for supplies and work. Life is not fun right now but I can live with it. Why wait to close restaurants until Friday at 10:00pm, why not tonight at 10:00pm if it’s a matter of life or death. If Walz knew he was going to stop youth sports tonight why didn’t he stop them last night when teams were playing. The arbitrary numbers and times is what I don’t like. Make the changes immediately if it’s a matter of life or death.
There are a number of football games scheduled for Saturday that have rescheduled for Friday.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Doing the best you can would involve an extensive, frequent testing routine at these places. Daily even.

Stats show 85-90% compliance on mask mandate. "Half the people" is just not accurate. Also, more people wear them now than before the mandate. People should wear them, but people not wearing them is not the reason for the recent surge. The fact that it is a virus that spreads easily is. Have you not been paying attention to surges all across the country and the world?
It's barely worth even engaging at this point. Cinnebon is throwing you a 100% partisan response. If Walz had an (R) next to his name, he would be singing the same tune as those that think Walz butchered it. The entire situation is partisan, top to bottom, inside and out. If Kristi Noem had a (D) next to her name, she would be featured on CNN on a weekly basis, heralded and lauded as one of the great leaders in the country, a shining beacon for all others to follow.

This isn't complicated

Top Bottom