The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
You may not know this, but cancer is not contagious. It's true, look it up!
Diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer and the other major causes of mortality have precipitating elements that could in theory be banned (without unintentional side effects of course). Unhealthy behaviors, weight, diet have consequences.To what extent are you, Emperor JTF going to restrict and coerce your subjects, control their lives to avoid an early death? Serious question.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer and the other major causes of mortality have precipitating elements that could in theory be banned (without unintentional side effects of course). Unhealthy behaviors, weight, diet have consequences.To what extent are you, Emperor JTF going to restrict and coerce your subjects, control their lives to avoid an early death? Serious question.
It's not a serious question. Yes, Type 2 diabetes can be prevented, but when it's not, other people don't catch that.

Trump got fat eating fast food, but it didn't affect anyone else. However, his absolute hatred for COVID precautions got at least 34 people sick.

balds

Reaction score
This sucks

No surprise. This has been known for many months. When weather forces people inside the virus is going to spread, and it's going to spread everywhere until it burns out no matter what we do. Lets start testing at a cycle threshold of 28-30 (and watch the cases decrease by 70-90%), protect the vulnerable as best we can, open businesses and schools as much as we can (I'm open for debate on what that is) and move on with our lives.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
No surprise. This has been known for many months. When weather forces people inside the virus is going to spread, and it's going to spread everywhere until it burns out no matter what we do. Lets start testing at a cycle threshold of 28-30 (and watch the cases decrease by 70-90%), protect the vulnerable as best we can, open businesses and schools as much as we can (I'm open for debate on what that is) and move on with our lives.
Treat it like we do the flu. Stay home when youre sick and/or vulnerable. Engage in cleanliness. Isnt complicated stuff.

And yes, have realistic and uniform testing so this fear mongering campaign stops

bga1

Reaction score
So I see that Walz is extending his powers for another 30 days. This time based on 38% "community infection rate." Can someone explain what this important parameter is that the governor uses to extend his powers?

I see that today we have 8 deaths - 6 from nursing home facilities............

Wally

Reaction score
Treat it like we do the flu. Stay home when youre sick and/or vulnerable. Engage in cleanliness. Isnt complicated stuff.

And yes, have realistic and uniform testing so this fear mongering campaign stops
I agree but add masks, because why not. And encourage wearing N95 or KN95 masks. I also think some indoor gathering limits are prudent beyond that let it rip.

I am fine with some controls, just got my kids into private school and I don't want it shut down.

scools12

Reaction score

The fear mongering lasts until after the election. If Biden wins victory is declared against COVID within a few months after his inauguration.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
You may not know this, but cancer is not contagious. It's true, look it up!
Many cancers/diseases are preventable with proper health and nutrition, yet the government won't step in and combat that.

But they'll totally step in and shut down gyms to try and prevent healthy people from getting a disease that isn't dangerous to them.

bga1

Reaction score
Many cancers/diseases are preventable with proper health and nutrition, yet the government won't step in and combat that.

But they'll totally step in and shut down gyms to try and prevent healthy people from getting a disease that isn't dangerous to them.
A lot of people will die of cancer in the next 12 months that should not have, because people did not go in for regular check ups that would have detected it early. This is yet another way the lockdowns have created more damage than good.

Wally

Reaction score
The fear mongering lasts until after the election. If Biden wins victory is declared against COVID within a few months after his inauguration.
My favorite Trumptard take, Covid just goes away after the election....

The whole world is fear mongering just because of Trump, who woulda guessed....

bga1

Reaction score
Yep...then the economy slowly recovers as people go back to work. Then the left declares raising taxes on businesses to be a great producer of jobs! Everyone knows that the more taxes that you charge small businesses the more the business owners want to invest in growth..... ;)

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score

Boom!

Wally

Reaction score
A lot of people will die of cancer in the next 12 months that should not have, because people did not go in for regular check ups that would have detected it early. This is yet another way the lockdowns have created more damage than good.
They were close to dying anyways....

Minnesota

Reaction score

If you live in Minnesota, gyms are open. You just outed yourself, fatty.

Wally

Reaction score
Yep...then the economy slowly recovers as people go back to work. Then the left declares raising taxes on businesses to be a great producer of jobs! Everyone knows that the more taxes that you charge small businesses the more the business owners want to invest in growth..... ;)
Because higher tax rates mean making more money just isn't worth it anymore? I really don't see anyone proposing tax rates even close to what would make that a reality.

It could have some effect tho, my wife wants to buy a building and expand her business and yes higher taxes could slow that down possibly....

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
If you live in Minnesota, gyms are open. You just outed yourself, fatty.
#1 - they did get shut down
#2 - they still reduce capacity, and access to equipment, which has prevented me from getting my much needed treadmill workout in multiple times
#3 - other states still have them closed in the name of COVID

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
After a couple of days with lower test numbers, it goes back up over 28,000. Positive test rate goes down. Hospitalization numbers show 98 more people hospitalized- of course, we don't know how many were released.

MN Covid-19 Update - Thurs, Oct 8

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 107,922 +1,276. (4.5% positive test rate)

Health-care workers with positive cases 11,177 +91.

Cases No Longer needing isolation 97,254 +638.

Active Cases 8,561 +627.

Deaths 2,107 +8.

Deaths at long-term care and assisted living 1,501 +4.

Patients Hospitalized-cumulative 8,187 +98.

Patients In ICU-cumulative 2,245 +22.

Total Tests processed 2,224,194 +28,404.

Number of people tested 1,526,559 +15,418.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
FWIW - my brother is a coach and substitute teacher at a school district in SE MN.

Their High School is going to distance learning. Apparently, 1 student tested positive for covid. But, that 1 student had been in close contact with 10 teachers, so all of those teachers have to quarantine.
And, that left the district without enough teachers to conduct class in person, so they're going to distance learning. My brother is the Cross-country coach. Their last two meets - conference and Section meets - are cancelled. his boys' team was undefeated this year. he is not happy.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
FWIW - my brother is a coach and substitute teacher at a school district in SE MN.

Their High School is going to distance learning. Apparently, 1 student tested positive for covid. But, that 1 student had been in close contact with 10 teachers, so all of those teachers have to quarantine.
And, that left the district without enough teachers to conduct class in person, so they're going to distance learning. My brother is the Cross-country coach. Their last two meets - conference and Section meets - are cancelled. his boys' team was undefeated this year. he is not happy.
Dont go out if youre sick. A case doesnt mean youre sick. If youre not showing symptoms, you are not contagious.

bga1

Reaction score
Wow the whole world is fear mongering just because of Trump, who woulda guessed....
Wait what? I have heard from Democrats that covid is only dangerous in America and it is because of Trump! You mean to tell me that this has spread around the world? Because I heard from Joe that Trump caused all 200,000 + deaths. Cmon on man!

bga1

Reaction score

We have have years of consequences due to this insane fearful reaction. What a shame.

Wally

Reaction score
A case doesnt mean youre sick. If youre not showing symptoms, you are not contagious.
I am pretty sure you are 100% wrong there.

How did it spread thru the Tennessee Titans?
You think they just ignored their symptoms?
With the amount of $$$ involved I find it doubtful.

Wally

Reaction score
Good post. Now expand that to most of what they are telling you.
I am all for 100% transparency with EVERYTHING the government does. I mean everything.

What are they telling me that you have a problem with?

The school situation is annoying but I think it could be a blessing in disguise for us. It motivated us to put the kids in private school. I am pretty excited about the education they are going to get there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom