The new Corona virus, should we worry?

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
No masks. :)

Certain states have done a terrible job stopping riots and protests.

Church in Sweden is not much of a thing- unfortunately. They are pretty much going about business as usual.
Riots, protests, huge parties, church services, sporting events, campaign rallies, etc. It’s been terrible all around and they’re all making it worse.

Wally

Reaction score
How are you coming to this conclusion from that info? All it means is 81k listed both COVID and pneumonia listed on the death certificate. Not everyone that dies of COVID gets pneumonia. We know over 90% of the death certificates list COVID as the underlying cause of death. Meaning it was what got things going towards death.
Many strokes and heart attacks due to Covid blood clots, also damage to all kinds of organs from blood clots. Zak Halverson at KFAN, 25 years old, had a blood clot in his lungs from Covid.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Yep lets rely on that super dependable and accurate testing.......
No, I'm actually wanting more of the inaccurate but cheaper and faster testing done via antibody testing. That gives faster results that are more useful, and get people to treatment faster, and you just pre-test using the fast antibody test, and that gives you the much smaller subset that you need to do the more accurate (but still not perfect) tests on. It's economically much more efficient this way, using mostly ($5 eventually) cheap tests and much less of the $100 tests.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
It's simple just stop fuck eating. I have fasted 10 days on coffee and water. It seems harder than it is.
That seems very ambitious - 10 days. I wonder if the radical fasting approach would work better if you, say, ate two meals one day, one meal the next, then back to two. I've tried the diet shakes before, but they're expensive and not very filling.

For me, I'd rather focus on eating smaller quantities of normal food with enough vitamins to make up for the smaller intake.

One way or another, I think everybody that's overweight ought to start to perceive the value to themselves as well as to society, to head toward their ideal weight.

Last edited:

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Many strokes and heart attacks due to Covid blood clots, also damage to all kinds of organs from blood clots. Zak Halverson at KFAN, 25 years old, had a blood clot in his lungs from Covid.
They are actually starting to shift their description of the Covid disease from just an upper respiratory disease to more of a cardiovascular system disease. Sure a lot get pneumonia. But a lot also have heart attacks and strokes and blood clots, and even if not fatal, some of the blood/heart-system problems can be permanent.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
How's that science you and the fucking idiot president "uses" working for the death count in the US due to Covid compared to other countries? Want to know what kills an economy? 2000 people dying every day due to a disease the president has downplayed (criminally) since day one.
Whether criminal or not, I don't know, but (after an initial guffaw in which he seemed to think that the 12 cases would go to zero soon) the President downplayed Covid an order of magnitude less than all the Democrats did. We now have Democrat politicians who downplayed it severely in April and really ridiculed Trump in January for shutting down flights for China, now mounting revisionist histories that criticize Trump for not doing enough in January.

To repeat yet another time, most of the early screw-up was at the CDC for blowing the tests, so that we didn't have enough testing soon enough and were behind the testing curveball for about 3 months, actually. Trump put good forces into play to try to remedy that, but it was a big CDC screwup and it did take time to dig ourselves out of the screw-up that the CDC put is in initially.

Many of the early deaths are due to Cuomo and his faulty decisions that wrecked the NY nursing homes. Walz in Minnesota played a smaller role in that. And early treatments were just not there - it was novel and nobody knew much.

Most of the rest of the fatalities can be placed squarely on the shoulders of the Dems and other leftists who mocked HCQ, in an effort at weaponozing Covid to get Trump out of office. With the proper early low-dose HCQ + zinc + AZ treatment in use as early as it was known, we could have cut US deaths at least in half, and probably less than that. We're over 200,000 deaths now. You can thank the leftists that wanted only to mock Trump, for at least 100,000 of those deaths.

Last edited:

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Interesting story in the Strib this week. The County manager for Ramsey County tested positive. He goes into detail about the issues he encountered in trying to get his family tested.

a couple excerpts:

O’Connor said that his family had to go to three different locations to get his wife, his two young sons and himself tested.

“The mantra, particularly that’s been said at the federal level, that if you need a test you can easily get one, remains removed from the living reality … that I experienced,” O’Connor told the board.

He said he didn’t pull any strings with Ramsey County Public Health but rather navigated the system through his family’s county employee health plan.

It was eye-opening, he said: the half-dozen calls he had to make, the limited testing sites for kids, the confusing websites, the shortage of available appointments and the disconnect between the state’s testing recommendations and what is actually offered.

“We kept getting told, ‘We are not testing asymptomatic children,’ ” he said.
That's why, as soon as possible, we need to get to the $5 fast-result antibody saliva test-strips that we can buy on Amazon or Walgreens or Walmart or Target, on our own nickel. Screw the stupid co-pay. I want my own test whenever I want it. I want to stock up on 2-3 tests and then use them once a month or whenever I want. If it tests positive, then I can use that evidence to help me schedule a PCR test, which might still need a doctor's prescription.

bga1

Reaction score
Life is full of risks Wally.

Wally

Reaction score
That seems very ambitious - 10 days. I wonder if the radical fasting approach would work better if you, say, ate two meals one day, one meal the next, then back to two. I've tried the diet shakes before, but they're expensive and not very filling.

For me, I'd rather focus on eating smaller quantities of normal food with enough vitamins to make up for the smaller intake.

One way or another, I think everybody that's overweight ought to start to perceive the value to themselves as well as to society, to head toward their ideal weight.
If you cut out most carbs ahead of time it's not super hard to fast. Alot of people do like 18 hours a day fasted and only eat for 6. So yes 2 meals a day with nothing outside that window can help lose weight, cut the eating window down more and you can lose more. Eating carbs makes me eat more than I should.

Lately I don't eat until 2:30 in the afternoon, I do it basically to maintain a healthy weight.

balds

Reaction score
Germany tests at a cycle threshold level of 30 and isn't in an all out campaign to panic their people, using case count as the main weapon.

63-90% of positives in the United States would be negatives in Germany. Even using the 35 cycle threshold, around 40% of our positives would be negatives. Any positive detected above a 35 cycle threshold is picking up a viral load that is completely inconsequential to the "infected" and impossible to transmit.

The United States tests at 37-40.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Germany tests at a cycle threshold level of 30 and isn't in an all out campaign to panic their people, using case count as the main weapon.

63-90% of positives in the United States would be negatives in Germany. Even using the 35 cycle threshold, around 40% of our positives would be negatives. Any positive using above a 35 cycle threshold is picking up a viral load that is completely inconsequential to the "infected" and impossible to transmit.
POST.
OF.
THE.
DAY.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Many strokes and heart attacks due to Covid blood clots, also damage to all kinds of organs from blood clots.
Do you have any data defining "many" or "all kinds of"? Without that your post sounds a lot like one of OldBob's.

justthefacts

Reaction score

63-90% of positives in the United States would be negatives in Germany. Even using the 35 cycle threshold, around 40% of our positives would be negatives. Any positive detected above a 35 cycle threshold is picking up a viral load that is completely inconsequential to the "infected" and impossible to transmit.

A) What about Norway?
B) What baout deaths?

Spoofin

Reaction score

Very Good Post. Thank You.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

GII?

scools12

Reaction score
Boy, are they in a heap of trouble in Nashville. One has to wonder if it's like this in many places:

I totally believe this is happening in many places. I also believe that many places are not reporting the actual number of cases and breakout clusters that can be directly traced to the protests and riots.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
I totally believe this is happening in many places. I also believe that many places are not reporting the actually number of cases and breakout clusters that can ne directly traced to the protests and riots.
Howie told me there has not been a single one traced to protest. Zero. No joke.

bga1

Reaction score
Do you have any data defining "many" or "all kinds of"? Without that your post sounds a lot like one of OldBob's.
Wally spoke to someone who spoke to a medical person and the medical person said that there was all kinds of bad stuff happening. Wally went into tortoise mode for a week.

justthefacts

Reaction score
So our approach has been harder on our economy than in other Countries?
People are more willing to go out when the virus is better. Norway had a much more comprehensive approach from the start, and is now seeing a positivity rate of 1%. They're also seeing 0.027 deaths per million per day as opposed to the US, which is at 2.6.

Better health outcomes are a factor in better economic outcomes.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
more tests - more positive results. positive test rate down a little from previous day. hospitalization and ICU numbers holding within a fairly narrow range.

MN Covid-19 Update - Thurs, Sept 17

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 86,722 +931. (4.7% positive test rate)

Health-Care workers with positive cases 9,344 +41.

Cases no longer needing isolation 79,878 +295.

Active Cases 4,902 +605.

Deaths 1,942 +9.

Deaths at long-term care and assisted living 1,408 +6.

Patients currently Hospitalized 242 -2.

Patients currently In ICU 132 -4.

Total Tests processed 1,763,735 +19,743.

Number of people tested 1,263,546 +11,154.

Top Bottom