The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
By the time we get to the history of COVID-19 being written the Democrats and their MSM partners will have revised the truth. They are already doing it now. When they get to HCQ the Dems will say they were for it as a treatment from the start and Trump downplayed its effectiveness. The MSM will nod their heads in agreement.
When you flat out own the media, you get to paint whatever kind of picture you want really.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
You don’t realize it but you’re actually agreeing with me then when you say aerosols are the problem. He should be talking about the size of aerosols instead of the virus itself. Those are not the same thing. He purposely misleads all the time.
Masks don’t stop either, just like they don’t stop smoke. In fact, masks can increase aerosols that spread the virus.

Section2

Reaction score
Masks don’t stop either, just like they don’t stop smoke. In fact, masks can increase aerosols that spread the virus.
Pre covid, the scientific consensus was that masks really do nothing. Seems pretty clear to me that their usefulness is political and not related to health. The goal is division.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
bump in testing and number of positive cases.
The interesting numbers are in hospitalizations. We now have 140 people in ICU with 107 people hospitalized in non-ICU units. the 107 number is the least since July 10th. so again, it seems like less-serious cases are being treated more effectively, while the more serious cases are holding at similar levels. Going back to Aug 31, there were 131 in ICU and 175 in non-ICU units.

MN Covid-19 Update - Sat, Sept 12

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 83,588 +929. (4.5% positive test rate)

Health-Care workers with positive cases 9.077 +79.

Cases no longer needing isolation 76,650 +893.

Active Cases 5,032 -30.

Deaths 1,906 +9.

Deaths at Long-Term Care and Assisted Living 1,389 +7.

Patients currently Hospitalized 247 -6.

Patients currently In ICU 140 +1.

Total Tests processed 1,684,520+ 20,508.

Number of people tested 1,222,522 +9,962.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Of course there’s plenty of evidence that says otherwise. But once again that wasn’t my point. If there’s sufficient evidence that says masks don’t stop aerosols and droplets as you say, why do people like Berenson continue to use the size of the virus itself as the reason masks don’t work? Because either they don’t really understand how it all works or they’re purposely misleading others.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Pre covid, the scientific consensus was that masks really do nothing. Seems pretty clear to me that their usefulness is political and not related to health. The goal is division.
There was not a consensus. The feelings were very mixed, partly because there hadn’t been a lot of research done.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Besides what I’m sure is just an arbitrary date of November 3rd, does Walz have a game plan for when his specials powers wi end. No where can I find that if positive tests are this or hospitalizations are this I will give up my special power. Seriously what’s the game plan here. Just keep requesting these powers until the election.

Wally

Reaction score
Besides what I’m sure is just an arbitrary date of November 3rd, does Walz have a game plan for when his specials powers wi end. No where can I find that if positive tests are this or hospitalizations are this I will give up my special power. Seriously what’s the game plan here. Just keep requesting these powers until the election.
It's obvious for anyone with a brain that the virus is still spreading quite steadily and he will (and Should) keep his power until the risk is minimized. The election has nothing to do with it, funny thing is that walz actions are probably helping Trump not hurting him. Republicans are idiots.

Spoofin

Reaction score
It's obvious for anyone with a brain that the virus is still spreading quite steadily and he will (and Should) keep his power until the risk is minimized. The election has nothing to do with it, funny thing is that walz actions are probably helping Trump not hurting him. Republicans are idiots.
We are down to less than 250 people hospitalized in this state. Not sure if you are referring to case counts when you say “spreading quite steadily”, but if you are you should really change your metric to one that matters.

Section2

Reaction score
There was not a consensus. The feelings were very mixed, partly because there hadn’t been a lot of research done.
There can be mixed feelings and also a consensus. The consensus changed in April of this year.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
You don’t even know why you’re disagreeing with me half the time. There isn’t a universal minimum size for what’s considered a droplet. But most scientists consider anything >5 microns to be a droplet.
Pointing out your dishonesty over and over is fun, Gii. Don’t have to agree or disagree. You use the most general terms for specific information.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Look at the third graph. Percent of positive tests is basically unchanged from the beginning of June until now. Yes there are not cases, but that’s cause we are testing more. Hospital and ICU numbers are basically unchanged from the beginning of July. Do the numbers change slightly yes, but the change is so minute it’s not worth looking at it.

I would argue that this is helping republicans. Outstate Minnesota was always going to vote for trump so it really doesn’t matter. The cities will not vote for Trump.

not sure why the name calling was necessary. I just wanted to know when Walz will give up his powers as the overall number don’t change.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
When you flat out own the media, you get to paint whatever kind of picture you want really.
If the media was politically against FDR like they are now against Trump and Republicans, the US would’ve lost WWII to the Japanese and Germans, and it wouldn’t have been close.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
The manipulation of data and the politicization of science to fit one’s narrative threatens the future of our society.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
There can be mixed feelings and also a consensus. The consensus changed in April of this year.
The consensus wasn’t that they don’t work. It was that they didn’t know for sure if they worked.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Pointing out your dishonesty over and over is fun, Gii. Don’t have to agree or disagree. You use the most general terms for specific information.
By all means post something showing what I said was dishonest. I know you won’t because you never do.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The manipulation of data and the politicization of science to fit one’s narrative threatens the future of our society.
Agreed, it’s been happening too much on both sides of the political spectrum. I could start a thread on all the examples of people manipulating the 6% report by the CDC.

281B3AE9-E278-40D3-B86B-65F3135DD454.jpeg
4E1EE2A8-9497-4636-BDB7-72192A3B2FE0.jpeg
1D91AA4A-EAC4-4372-8658-AA1E0BEBB979.png
25E7AD8B-2675-4BCC-9444-B97303C0A308.jpeg

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
Look at the third graph. Percent of positive tests is basically unchanged from the beginning of June until now. Yes there are not cases, but that’s cause we are testing more. Hospital and ICU numbers are basically unchanged from the beginning of July. Do the numbers change slightly yes, but the change is so minute it’s not worth looking at it.

I would argue that this is helping republicans. Outstate Minnesota was always going to vote for trump so it really doesn’t matter. The cities will not vote for Trump.

not sure why the name calling was necessary. I just wanted to know when Walz will give up his powers as the overall number don’t change.
The thought, I think, is that numbers are steady due to the restrictions. Walz administration guidelines said basically all schools should open at least hybrid but most of them are being more cautious than that. The general consensus is that if we take off restrictions and open up fully the cases will skyrocket in the fall. The numbers are way higher is the less restrictive states around us, are their economy's booming due to less restrictions? Don't appear to be and many of those states have the built in advantage of less dense populations. Who knows, everyone wants their old life back...

BarnBurner

Reaction score

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
The thought, I think, is that numbers are steady due to the restrictions. Walz administration guidelines said basically all schools should open at least hybrid but most of them are being more cautious than that. The general consensus is that if we take off restrictions and open up fully the cases will skyrocket in the fall. The numbers are way higher is the less restrictive states around us, are their economy's booming due to less restrictions? Don't appear to be and many of those states have the built in advantage of less dense populations. Who knows, everyone wants their old life back...
The mask mandate went into effect on July 25th almost 2 months after the percent positive cases number had already decreased and has stayed flat since then. The average number of new cases per week has gone up and flattened since the end of June, so the mask mandate has had no affect of leasing the number of new cases found per week.

Wally

Reaction score
Mask mandate went into effect while other measures were relaxed. My hockey leagues started in July, my climbing gym opened, kids started gymnastics...

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Already have Gii. Your dishonesty prevents you from recognizing honesty.
You don’t really post anything. Your responses are essentially “you’re wrong and dishonest because I said so”. Every time I ask you for actual evidence I’m wrong or dishonest you respond just like this.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Another example. Remember dr Jensen?
I said it was a political hit job. You STILL can’t bring yourself to fully admit it.
And here you are again.........
I literally said the same thing that Jensen said. That the person who complained could have done it simply for political reasons. The investigation itself is how the process works. The only reason we know about it is because he told us.

I don’t know what the Jensen situation has to do with this post. Every tweet I posted is an example of what Les posted about. All wrong and manipulating the info for their political agenda.

Top Bottom