The new Corona virus, should we worry?

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
My favorite intentional misspelling of the day.
1599851696840.png

Hey LakerFan, you could wear one of the middle ages mask above to a Lakers game and instead of smoldering sage to inhale you could use Mary Jane to keep the Covid away! :drink:

GSUsTALON

Reaction score

Hear's the problem with an N95 mask for a firefighter. The Heavy particles from the smoke would very quickly clog the mask not letting in oxigen. The fire itself is sucking the Oxygen out of the air leaving behind CO2 and carbon monoxide, so they have little to breath..

That's why you see city firefighters using a mixture of air & oxygen tanks when running into a burning building. You surely don't want pure oxygen tanks around that type of heat.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Biden overstated the Covid military deaths in his press conference today. He said 6,114 had died when the actual number is 7 according to the DOD.

Oh my god, Biden is lying to the American public. LIAR LIAR LIAR.
DoD Military deaths: 7
DoD Dependent deaths: 7
DoD Contractor deaths: 20
DoD Civilian deaths: 54

https://www.airforcemag.com/snapshot-dod-and-covid-19
His spokesperson said he misspoke and he was referring to the Michigan number.

Trump said he lied to the American public
Michigan deaths: 6,578 (Sept. 10, 2020)

Close enough for government (candidate) work.

Last edited:

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
And Trump tells them, don't worry I have got it and proceeds to do nothing for a month.
A month from when?

A month from December 31, 2019, apparently. Because Trump issued the from-China travel restrictions on Jan. 31, per his advisors suggestions.

So, Trump failed to do anything, during the time that China and the WHO were lying to us. So now, I guess, the duties of the president also include China mind-reading.

Did Trump refrain from doing anything that his advisors suggested, earlier in the month of January? I think not, or at least not anything significant, because Fauci was pooh-poohing the virus at this time, and Pelosi was saying "let's all go to Chinatown" and calling Trump a racist for the travel restrictions on China.
You have a hole in your memory

BarnBurner

Reaction score
He’s this far into the pandemic and he’s still talking about the size of the virus. Aerosols and droplets are much larger than smoke particles. I’m sure he knows that but he continues to spread misinformation for his personal benefit.
Kinda like dr Jensen?

I see they are anonymously going after him again. Spineless

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Just happy Biden’s spokesperson was there to say what Biden was supposed to say and clarify the state Biden was talking about. God forbid Biden has to answer any other questions out in public or he might misspeak again.
"Michigan" and "Military" both start with "Mi." An easy mistake to make when reading from a teleprompter.

Perhaps the Dems just need to double the font size on the teleprompter. Of course, that might require a teleprompter that's twice the size in each dimension, and interfere with the sight lines of the audience.

Hey, I got it! Just have Biden wear a pair of virtual-reality goggles connected to software that merges the video of a front-facing camera with the teleprompted large-font sentences that his handlers want him to say. The advantage is, he is now allowed to gaze in any direction w/o needing to stare at the teleprompter. I'm sure the Big Tech that's working so hard to get him elected (so that they can keep their government-provided economic advantages) would be glad to supply him with the proper technology.

That might be the solution for the debates as well - Kamala Harris could be answering the questions, behind the scenes, with her text going into Biden's virtual reality goggles.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
He’s this far into the pandemic and he’s still talking about the size of the virus. Aerosols and droplets are much larger than smoke particles. I’m sure he knows that but he continues to spread misinformation for his personal benefit.
I notice the "this is a hoax" crowd always cites the same 2-3 twitter accounts. It's almost like their views aren't widely shared by intelligent people.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Let's put these numbers a different way.

If you are a regular Minnesotan (which we'll define to be anyone out and about and not housed in a nursing home or other long-term care facility), and you happen to be diagnosed with Covid such that you are now an official (regular) case (either sheltering at home or (less likely) in a hospital), then your chances of dying are about 0.651%. That is, the CFR for regular people in Minnesota is 0.651%. In the table shown in the tweet, a footnote states that they assume a multiplier of 8X from case count to infection count (that's how they get from the 2nd-to-the-rightmost column to the rightmost column). That gives an estimated regular-people IFR of 0.0814%.

On the other hand, if you are a Minnesotan who is housed in a nursing home or other long-term care facility, and you happen to be diagnosed with Covid such that you are now an official (LTCF) case, then your chances of dying are about 29.36%. That is, the CFR for LTCF people in Minnesota is 29.36%. That gives an estimated LTCF-people IFR of 7.34% (note that a 4X mutiplier was used for LTCF in the table, not the 8X used for regular people).

The LTCF CFR of 29.36% is pretty darn high in Minnesota. Now, granted, it's an old population (e.g., most frequent death age of 90 or over) with lots of comorbidities, which expains why the LTCF CFR is so high. However, one could guestimate that if regular periodic testing had been done in Minnesota nursing homes and LTCFs (i.e., weekly 15-minute-result testing would diagnose on average 3.5 days sooner), such that diagnosis was early enough for beneficial early treatments (by HCQ+zinc+AZ or other treatment), that 29.36% CFR could have been cut down to 15% or maybe even 10%. In other words, probably at least half of the LTCF deaths in Minnesota could have been prevented if Tim Walz would have put in place a sane Covid policy for nursing homes and LTCFs.
Looks good, only thing I question is that there is actually 8 times the number of reported cases in people over 60. For the young it's plausible but I think the death rate among old is higher. That said I am for the most part living my life as normal, just wearing an N95 when in public and eating takeout.
> Looks good, only thing I question is that there is actually 8 times the number of reported cases in people over 60.

That info is refected in these statistics, but you have to compute it for yourself, as it's not specifically mentioned. Also, when they compute IFR from CFR, they use a 4X multiplier for the LTCF people but a more normal 8X multiplier for regular people. Both of these are low relative to various research reports, which are typically very inaccurate and all over the map (like from 10X to 50X).

> ... but I think the death rate among old is higher.

That is buried in the table too. But I pulled that fact out from the data, in my post, above.

> That said I am for the most part living my life as normal, just wearing an N95 when in public and eating takeout.

You should be doing prophylactic treatment too. I'll post on that later on.

Last edited:

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Tied at 191: Number of homicides rivals totals deaths due to COVID in St. Louis city this year

As the coronavirus death rate continues to decline in the City of St. Louis, by the end of the year the city could see more deaths classified as homicides than COVID-19-related deaths.

With over three and half months left in the year St. Louis City could see one of the deadliest years in the city since the early 1990s. As of September 9, the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department Homicide Division reported 191 homicides in St. Louis City, which is almost as many as the entire year of 2019, which reported 194 homicides.

In the city, there were zero coronavirus deaths reported in people 29-years-old and younger. However, the majority of the city’s homicide victims are 29-years-old and under, with 13 of those victims being 17-year-old and under.

St Louis has had a Democratic mayor for 71 years. I guess they still need more time to make changes.
92.8% of the St. Louis male homicide victims (so far this year, that is) were of black ethnicity. Although only 13% of the victims were female, 80% of those female victims were of black ethnicity.

It appears that (thus far) St. Louis police have suspects for less than 55% of the murders. Among those identified suspects, 91.3% are of black ethnicity. In other words, soaring rates of black-on-black murders - similar to what is happening in other big cities around the country.

According to the murder data so far this year, it looks to me like the politicians in St. Louis seem to have an attitude of "black lives don't really matter." That is a horrific attitude for those politicians to have. [The same attitude that the Minneapolis politicians have, by the way.] And then, of course, there are no doubt some idiots in St. Louis that (like in other big cities) are proposing to reduce or hobble the budget for policing, when in fact what is needed there is more policing and probably better policing as well.

See https://www.slmpd.org/images/Homicide_Stats_for_Website.pdf

Last edited:

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Aerosols and droplets can definitely be smaller than smoke particles.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Trump is still killing people seven months later through:

- his minimizing of the dangers and risks of Covid-19;

- his lack of action on testing;

- his lack of action on PPE;

- his refusal to take the lead and promote the wearing of masks;

- his refusal to take the lead and caution people about gathering in groups without social distancing;

- his pushing of states and private businesses to open up too quickly;

- his promotion of ineffective and dangerous remedies.

When the pandemic is finally over Trump will go down in history as being responsible for the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands or more of Americans from Covid-19.
> - his lack of action on testing;

Actually, the CDC has been very slow on accepting and promoting the antibody flavor of testing. Perhaps that's mainly due to the CDC being an old and stodgy organization that just doesn't move very fast, and I would agree that Trump should probably have been doing a more diligent job of kicking the CDC in the ass to get moving on antibody testing (and earlier in the game, facilitating more diagnostic (rtPCR) testing). But recently, it appears that maybe Trump is kicking some CDC butt since the claim has been made that 150 million antibody tests will be available soon - although I'm not holding my breath.

> - his promotion of ineffective and dangerous remedies.

Well, I'm assuming you're mostly talking about HCQ here. [There was some meandering wondering out loud about internal ultraviolet radiation, which was so obviously just Trump talking out of his ass that it's not worth a mention, in spite of the fact that, oddly, there is some form of treatment vaguely similar to that.]

Well, it turns out that HCQ + zinc + AZ is actually a good treatment for early-stage Covid infections. We now know exactly how this treatment works effectively.

> When the pandemic is finally over Trump will go down in history as being responsible for the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands or more of Americans from Covid-19.

Not true. I think maybe you made a typo. You probably meant Cuomo, but accidentally typed Trump instead.

When the pandemic is finally over and the history of the Covid-19 pandemic is written, the most salient feature of that history will be how the Covid-weaponizing Democrats and other Trump-naysayers were responsible for the US death toll being twice as high as it needed to be, by virtue of their demonizing the effective early HCQ + zinc + AZ treatment (as well as at least one other treatment) just because Trump mentioned it.

Last edited:

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Aerosols and droplets can definitely be smaller than smoke particles.
Aerosols can be, droplets aren’t. Smoke particles are less than 1 micron in diameter. Droplets are considered by many to be 5 microns or larger.

The point again is using the size of the virus itself when discussing effectiveness of masks is stupid and misleading.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Johns Hopkins are a bunch of hacks. Howie is still going with the economics grad student - it was on Twitter.

Wally

Reaction score
It's really interesting that obesity, hypertension, and diabetes were significantly higher in the death/ventilated group, but not asthma and smoking. As a respiratory virus you'd probably guess respiratory risk factors would mean a worse outcome but that doesn't seem to be so...

I bet if you compared IFR vs. obesity/hypertension rates of countries you'd see a pretty strong correlation, I can look down the chart here and start to buy it already... Japan/Korea/India vs. US, of course there are some outliers like Italy (explained by old population?). Thanks for posting PE

View attachment 9313
Fatties need to lose some weight in the US, our obesity levels are sick.

scools12

Reaction score
When the pandemic is finally over and the history of the Covid-19 pandemic is written, the most salient feature of that history will be how the Covid-weaponizing Democrats and other Trump-naysayers were responsible for the US death toll being twice as high as it needed to be, by virtue of their demonizing the effective early HCQ + zinc + AZ treatment (as well as at least one other treatment) just because Trump mentioned it.
By the time we get to the history of COVID-19 being written the Democrats and their MSM partners will have revised the truth. They are already doing it now. When they get to HCQ the Dems will say they were for it as a treatment from the start and Trump downplayed its effectiveness. The MSM will nod their heads in agreement.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Aerosols can be, droplets aren’t. Smoke particles are less than 1 micron in diameter. Droplets are considered by many to be 5 microns or larger.

The point again is using the size of the virus itself when discussing effectiveness of masks is stupid and misleading.
Except it's not. Aerosols are the problem. Droplets fall quickly to the ground.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

“Considered by many”

Dishonesty. Again.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Except it's not. Aerosols are the problem. Droplets fall quickly to the ground.
You don’t realize it but you’re actually agreeing with me then when you say aerosols are the problem. He should be talking about the size of aerosols instead of the virus itself. Those are not the same thing. He purposely misleads all the time.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Dont ever stop. Also take an appropriate level of magnesium to ensure your body absorbs the vitamin d you are taking
What doses do you recommend for these? Also, my MD has me taking 1000mg Niacinamide for skin/immune issues and says all should be taking it.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
“Considered by many”

Dishonesty. Again.
You don’t even know why you’re disagreeing with me half the time. There isn’t a universal minimum size for what’s considered a droplet. But most scientists consider anything >5 microns to be a droplet.

diehard

Reaction score
Silver lining may be the heavy interest in COVID and even some in healthy living that could force the truteh out of the US Medical System. It can't help but help as the truth slowly begins leaking out. Was to a VA doctor yesterday and he had started to learn about T cells.

Top Bottom