The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Section2

Reaction score
I agree with you most of the time. His job is to protect the U.S. from foreign and domestic threats. Our Founding Fathers knew nothing about viruses or microscopic pathogens that invade the U.S. Every year these pathogens seem to start in China and Asia and work their way to the U.S. Different U.S. departments have been set up for such an attack like the CDC! Just like ever year the CDC picks the top 3 or 4 flues that will attack the U.S. from China and make vaccines for them.You haven't seen any President stopping these vaccines being stopped by any president because they are not a foreign army of humans attacking the U.S.
That’s not in the oath of office. I think you are thinking of the oath of allegiance for immigrants to the US
Relevant line, I swear to support and defend the laws and constitution of the US against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
There was smallpox and yellow fever at the time of the founding and even vaccines.
I’m not sure what your point is about presidents “stopping vaccines”. But “keep us safe” is an idea that has no limits. The government can claim any power over us using the reasoning of “keeping us safe”. That’s why you will never see it mentioned. In fact, founding fathers such as Ben Franklin specially warned against trading liberty for security or safety.

Wally

Reaction score
Trump, March 30 press conference:

“The statements I made are that I want to keep the country calm. I don’t want panic in the country. I could cause panic much better than even you (the press)... But you know what I don’t wanna do that. I want to have our country become and strong And fight and win...”

Almost identical to what he told Woodward.

The MSM is a total joke!
Great the house is on fire and Trump removes the smoke detector because he doesn't want to cause a panic. F brilliant....

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Great the house is on fire and Trump removes the smoke detector because he doesn't want to cause a panic. F brilliant....
Not the correct analogy.

The house is on fire and the occupants are fighting over who gets the fire extinguisher.

Let the professionals handle it, as they have. Not flawlessly, b/c there is no such thing. But the public reaction is chaotic, genius.

Wally

Reaction score
Not the correct analogy.

The house is on fire and the occupants are fighting over who gets the fire extinguisher.

Let the professionals handle it, as they have. Not flawlessly, b/c there is no such thing. But the public reaction is chaotic, genius.
And Trump tells them, don't worry I have got it and proceeds to do nothing for a month.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I really thought economist grad students and associate professors would be good sources for this study. Especially when they also explained how protesting actually increased social distancing. I am shocked to learn it may not be accurate. I know a couple on here share my shock.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Trump blew it when he blew off the seriousness of this crisis and then had absolutely no idea how to manage the situation. He couldn't rely on his lifetime strategy of bullshitting his way out of it.
Lol. :)

jamiche

Reaction score
Not the correct analogy.

So you are blaming the occupants of the house instead of the fire department for not putting out the fire. Tragically, your fire chief knew about the fire before the occupants, claimed there was no fire (just a tiny wisp of smoke at the most), secretly removed the smoke detectors and sold them to China just before the flames erupted. He was a stable genius.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
His spokesperson said he misspoke and he was referring to the Michigan number.

Trump said he lied to the American public
Just happy Biden’s spokesperson was there to say what Biden was supposed to say and clarify the state Biden was talking about. God forbid Biden has to answer any other questions out in public or he might misspeak again.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I have not seen anyone say it caused 250,000 cases ..

Do you need anymore examples.

the study was not peer reviewed. They simply tracked cell phone pings and assumed that any increase in an area was a direct result of some who went to Sturgis and came back was the reason for the increase. Then the $46,000.00 per case price tag assumed everyone had the worst case possible and had to be hospitalized. When in theory it could have cost them $40.00 to sit on their ass on their couch for 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
Looks good, only thing I question is that there is actually 8 times the number of reported cases in people over 60. For the young it's plausible but I think the death rate among old is higher. That said I am for the most part living my life as normal, just wearing an N95 when in public and eating takeout.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It is truly amazing that all of the lefties and media that love to quote Dr Fauci are ignoring everything Fauci had to say about Trump‘s approach to the coronavirus, especially his comments to Woodward relative to his public comments and handling of the CV pandemic.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Another thing about Sturgis the media kept saying this was going to be a doomsday scenario and hundreds of thousands of people would die or be infected. Instead they can hardly prove a thousand people were infected directly from the event. This is dangerous reporting. They knew what they wanted to show and they molded things to support that point.

bga1

Reaction score
It is truly amazing that all of the lefties and media that love to quote Dr Fauci are ignoring everything Fauci had to say about Trump‘s approach to the coronavirus, especially his comments to Woodward relative to his public comments and handling of the CV pandemic.
It is not amazing at all. The media save for a few outlets are 100% all in to be Joe Biden's marketing arm and dirty tricks operation. What is amazing is that ANYONE believes any story coming from the media at this point. Total propaganda. The left is dishonest. The ends justify the means. The end is globalism and leftist elite power.

bga1

Reaction score
Trump admitted to lying about COVID.

And any nonsense about not wanting people to panic not only flies in the face of dozens of things he's said on numerous other topics, but is also clearly a horrible way to approach a pandemic. You'd never downplay a hurricane, because you want people to respond and prepare, and this is the exact same thing
What a liar you are. Trump openly states that he did not want to create a panic while so much was unknown. That's smart and it is what every president does as information is being discussed regarding any subject be it war or pandemic. He said the same things publicly as he said to Woodward. He hid nothing. When Trump led by closing China and Europe, Joe Biden said it was panic and xenophobia and an over reaction.

You tell people a hurricane might be bad because there is something they can do about it. When the virus was coming here and there were a few cases he followed EXACTLY what Fauci said to do, and Fauci says that...except Trump actually took more action than Fauci recommended by closing China and Europe. Weeks after Trump first talked to Woodward and said this, Fauci came out and said that this was of no greater concern than the flu and perhaps less so.

Someone is your life needs to slap some sense into you. You are suffering so badly from TDS that you lie to people and obviously to yourself - daily. You are in bad shape.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
What a liar you are. Trump openly states that he did not want to create a panic while so much was unknown. That's smart and it is what every president does as information is being discussed regarding any subject be it war or pandemic. He said the same things publicly as he said to Woodward. He hid nothing. When Trump led by closing China and Europe, Joe Biden said it was panic and xenophobia and an over reaction.

You tell people a hurricane might be bad because there is something they can do about it. When the virus was coming here and there were a few cases he followed EXACTLY what Fauci said to do, and Fauci says that...except Trump actually took more action than Fauci recommended by closing China and Europe. Weeks after Trump first talked to Woodward and said this, Fauci came out and said that this was of no greater concern than the flu and perhaps less so.

Someone is your life needs to slap some sense into you. You are suffering so badly from TDS that you lie to people and obviously to yourself - daily. You are in bad shape.
Utter nonsense.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Another day of lower testing numbers. Looks like they also adjusted the number on total tests processed- apparently some older tests got added in. only 1300 people were 1st-time tests.

MN Covid-19 Update - Thurs, Sept 10

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 82,249 +389. (4.9% positive test rate)

Health-Care workers with positive cases 8,948 +31.

Cases no longer needing isolation 75,425 +370.

Active Cases 4,940 -9.

Deaths 1,884 +15.

Deaths at Long-Term Care and Assisted Living 1,375 +11.

Patients currently Hospitalized 257 -6.

Patients currently In ICU 138 +1.

Total Tests 1,646,961 +7,903.

Number of people tested 1,205,501 +1,308.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Another day of lower testing numbers. Looks like they also adjusted the number on total tests processed- apparently some older tests got added in. only 1300 people were 1st-time tests.

MN Covid-19 Update - Thurs, Sept 10

data reported by 4pm the previous day.

Positive Cases 82,249 +389. (4.9% positive test rate)

Health-Care workers with positive cases 8,948 +31.

Cases no longer needing isolation 75,425 +370.

Active Cases 4,940 -9.

Deaths 1,884 +15.

Deaths at Long-Term Care and Assisted Living 1,375 +11.

Patients currently Hospitalized 257 -6.

Patients currently In ICU 138 +1.

Total Tests 1,646,961 +7,903.

Number of people tested 1,205,501 +1,308.
Remember that on Friday when Walz wants to extend his executive power. The senate will say no, the house will say yes and power will be granted.

Also think of that all the complaining about testing and 1,300 of the tests were first time people. That doesn’t scream like there is demand for testing. I wonder how many of the first time people were forced to get tests because they were having a procedure at a hospital.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score

Do as we say not as we do. Of course once their hypocrisy waS discovered they let gums open outside. Don’t mind the air quality warning due to all the fires, which is due to the forest mismanagement.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Another thing about Sturgis the media kept saying this was going to be a doomsday scenario and hundreds of thousands of people would die or be infected. Instead they can hardly prove a thousand people were infected directly from the event. This is dangerous reporting. They knew what they wanted to show and they molded things to support that point.
Honestly, no one should have taken the report seriously from the start. Prepared by a grad student and an associate professor - both in economics. So many flaws and wild assumptions it made one's head spin. One of them (the one with 12 twitter followers) when asked why they didn't look at protests and he explained how protests increase social distancing :oops: .
These were 2 yucks looking for some attention - and they knew just how to get it.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Tied at 191: Number of homicides rivals totals deaths due to COVID in St. Louis city this year

As the coronavirus death rate continues to decline in the City of St. Louis, by the end of the year the city could see more deaths classified as homicides than COVID-19-related deaths.

With over three and half months left in the year St. Louis City could see one of the deadliest years in the city since the early 1990s. As of September 9, the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department Homicide Division reported 191 homicides in St. Louis City, which is almost as many as the entire year of 2019, which reported 194 homicides.

In the city, there were zero coronavirus deaths reported in people 29-years-old and younger. However, the majority of the city’s homicide victims are 29-years-old and under, with 13 of those victims being 17-year-old and under.

St Louis has had a Democratic mayor for 71 years. I guess they still need more time to make changes.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Off-topic - got a shot for the Shingles vaccine on Wednesday. On Thursday (today) I feel like something the cat dragged in. Achy, sore, wobbly legs, etc. anyone else had a bad reaction?

closer to topic - my doctor and I had a long chat about timing the 'regular' flu shot. He said that after you get the flu shot, it takes about a month to get your body up to full protection, and after that the effect declines each month until after about 5 months, it's gone. That's why some people get two flu shots - one early and one in mid-season to try and keep the protection as strong as possible.

Because I got the singles vaccine, I have to wait a month to get the flu shot.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Off-topic - got a shot for the Shingles vaccine on Wednesday. On Thursday (today) I feel like something the cat dragged in. Achy, sore, wobbly legs, etc. anyone else had a bad reaction?

closer to topic - my doctor and I had a long chat about timing the 'regular' flu shot. He said that after you get the flu shot, it takes about a month to get your body up to full protection, and after that the effect declines each month until after about 5 months, it's gone. That's why some people get two flu shots - one early and one in mid-season to try and keep the protection as strong as possible.

Because I got the singles vaccine, I have to wait a month to get the flu shot.
Yes. My wife was absolutely miserable after the shingles vaccine. That lasted I bet for a week. The second one wasn't nearly as bad. Brutal though.

Because I got the singles vaccine
:)

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
That’s not in the oath of office. I think you are thinking of the oath of allegiance for immigrants to the US
Relevant line, I swear to support and defend the laws and constitution of the US against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
There was smallpox and yellow fever at the time of the founding and even vaccines.
I’m not sure what your point is about presidents “stopping vaccines”. But “keep us safe” is an idea that has no limits. The government can claim any power over us using the reasoning of “keeping us safe”. That’s why you will never see it mentioned. In fact, founding fathers such as Ben Franklin specially warned against trading liberty for security or safety.
There were more than smallpox and yellow fever in the 1700 and 1800s. When the microscope was first developed, many years earler, they had no idea about what they were viewing as far as bacteria and Protozoans and did not know they caused illness. You need an electron microscope to study viruses. The Smallpox vacene came about around 1800 by acident with a docter noting that people that came in contact with Cowpox had an amunity to Smallpox yet he didn't understand it was a viruses.

I understand your worry about the term keeping us safe. There has always been a balance between liberty and safty. The Idea for our Constitution and Bill Of Rights is based on that balance. The more liberty citisens want the less safty people have & the more safty the public wants the less liberty they will get.

Last edited:
Top Bottom