The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Spoofin

Reaction score
I thought it was due to leftist protestors and dirty Mexicans? That was your reasoning a few weeks ago. Certainly, we have an obesity problem and more deaths because of it.

But that is not why we've had more spread than most places. Our inept disastrous Federal response, living in denial by ~30% of the population, and our unwillingness by many to inconvenience themselves in the slightest to help their fellow citizens have certainly contributed to that.
Although I agree the federal response was poor - how do you expect anyone to take you serious when you have declared many times that there was nothing a certain State Governor (D) could have done, but never miss criticizing certain other State Governors (R) and the Federal Government (R). There are so many that have done things poorly - but you seem to focus on one attribute when deciding to apply blame or not.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Although I agree the federal response was poor - how do you expect anyone to take you serious when you have declared many times that there was nothing a certain State Governor (D) could have done, but never miss criticizing certain other State Governors (R) and the Federal Government (R). There are so many that have done things poorly - but you seem to focus on one attribute when deciding to apply blame or not.
It's the "liberal logic" of Politics Before People. When COVID first came out Trump tried to shut things down until we learned more while the Dems tired to keep everything open (remember "hug a Chinese" day...). Now that we know more and that this isn't 1/100th the deal we first thought it could be, Trump's trying to open things up while the Dems shut it down.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Excellent article.

Example quote: " America’s nursing homes and long-term-care facilities house less than 1 percent of its people, but as of mid-June, they accounted for 40 percent of its coronavirus deaths. More than 50,000 residents and staff have died. At least 250,000 more have been infected."

If you do the math on that, it implies that you are 24 X more likely to die from Covid if you are in a nursing home or LTCF, than if you are a "regular citizen" living independently. Nursing homes and LTCFs became analogous to the "Chuck E. Cheese germ (virus in this case) cesspool" for children.

Here's another one ...

"Some COVID‑19 survivors have been hit with seven-figure https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/16/coronavirus-hospital-bill-healthcare-america medical bills."

"As of early July, one in every 1,450 Black Americans had died from COVID‑19—a rate more than twice that of white Americans."
I thought the article was good as well, although the tangents to work in hot political issues took away much of its impact for me. For example how “racist policies left Indigenous and Black Americans especially vulnerable to COVID” and the rant about the border wall.

diehard

Reaction score
76% of deaths were at LTCs. More of Walz's great leadership in his decision to send infected COVID patients to hangout at LTCs. BTW, the total number of deaths for folks under 30 is holding steady at a grand total of 5.
They haven't damaged their immune systems as much. A compromised immune ststem is a choice if you have a doctor that communicates the facts. Unfortunately most doctors do not know or they ignore the facts. Drug companies at the core of the problem. BigPharma.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I mean, congrats to him on that Nobel Prize in chemistry, but apparently they didn't award it for being able to read a chart, because it's clearly not true.

OTOH, can you find any reference to him saying that other than noted journalist " Jonathan (Parler: jcho710)"

Lastly, sweet quote that includes the words "as of May 7." You're really good at this.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Here's a question for you and the other people who keep repeating that we had a 'disastrous Federal response'. What do you think should have been done better?
I would ask the same question another way. What plans has Joe Biden included in his CV19 response that haven’t already been implemented?

howeda7

Reaction score
Like you wouldn’t believe. Incredible, tremendous who would have believed it?
Apparently Trump recently invented tele-health visits. No one have ever heard of such a thing! Everyone is amazed. I hope he includes it in is his Full and Complete Healthcare Plan.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I think every time Trump speaks out loud that he helps Biden more than Biden can help Biden.
I know Trump isn’t your idea of a role model president. Mine either. But I think you’re wrong on this. By necessity, he is cleaning up his act...relatively. If he continues his public presentations as he has the last week plus, he is helping himself.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Apparently Trump recently invented tele-health visits. No one have ever heard of such a thing! Everyone is amazed. I hope he includes it in is his Full and Complete Healthcare Plan.
I can only imagine it has to be a component of his SPACE FORCE.

howeda7

Reaction score
I know Trump isn’t your idea of a role model president. Mine either. But I think you’re wrong on this. By necessity, he is cleaning up his act...relatively. If he continues his public presentations as he has the last week plus, he is helping himself.
He's so gosh darn Presidential lately that people who disapproved of him for 3.5 years will have their minds totally changed. Seems like a solid plan!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
He's so gosh darn Presidential lately that people who disapproved of him for 3.5 years will have their minds totally changed. Seems like a solid plan!
You really need to stop reading things into posts that aren’t there.

Just try reading the words without being affected by your TDS.

howeda7

Reaction score
You really need to stop reading things into posts that aren’t there.

Just try reading the words without being affected by your TDS.
Fine. Please expand on what you mean by "cleaning up his act" and "helping himself."

John Galt

Reaction score
It's the "liberal logic" of Politics Before People. When COVID first came out Trump tried to shut things down until we learned more while the Dems tired to keep everything open (remember "hug a Chinese" day...). Now that we know more and that this isn't 1/100th the deal we first thought it could be, Trump's trying to open things up while the Dems shut it down.
Trump was racist because he wouldn’t let the Chinese come into the country in February. But now the left criticizes selfish Americans who didn’t take Covid seriously as the reason other countries won’t let Americans in.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Trump was racist because he wouldn’t let the Chinese come into the country in February. But now the left criticizes selfish Americans who didn’t take Covid seriously as the reason other countries won’t let Americans in.
Yeah, Trump sucks.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Trump is rambling like a moron in his briefing. Can't they find some other toadie to update us on how spectacular we're doing?
Pretty much anytime "Where Am I" Joe climbs out of his hole to make an appearance someone posts a couple minute clip of him saying something nonsensical. So, in the interest of even air time, go ahead and post a couple minutes of the Donald's press conference from today where is was "rambling like a moron" (note that he actually had a press conference, something the Groper still hasn't done). Let's see what you got, maybe something like this part of the briefing where he spoke on lowering the price of prescription drugs or this part where he talked about what he's doing to expand healthcare to rural communities. You know, moron policies like those.

Last edited:

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Pretty much anytime "Where Am I" Joe climbs out of his hole to make an appearance someone posts a couple minute clip of him saying something nonsensical. So, in the interest of even air time, go ahead and post a couple minutes of the Donald's press conference from today where is was "rambling like a moron" (note that he actually had a press conference, something the Groper still hasn't done). Let's see what you got.
Trump does like to Grope. You've figured that much out.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Trump does like to Grope. You've figured that much out.
While we're waiting on you finding the "moron" moments from today's press conference, here's a few highlights from your groper. I'm genuinely interested in what you think are "moron ramblings" from today's press conference.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
While we're waiting on you finding the "moron" moments from today's press conference, here's a few highlights from your groper. I'm genuinely interested in what you think are "moron ramblings" from today's press conference.

We get it, you like that Trump gropes women, and has multiple lawsuits filed against him by women. He's a great guy.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Still waiting. Whatyagot? Anything from today's press conference? Are you saying healthcare is a moronic concept?

Pretty much anytime "Where Am I" Joe climbs out of his hole to make an appearance someone posts a couple minute clip of him saying something nonsensical. So, in the interest of even air time, go ahead and post a couple minutes of the Donald's press conference from today where is was "rambling like a moron" (note that he actually had a press conference, something the Groper still hasn't done). Let's see what you got, maybe something like this part of the briefing where he spoke on lowering the price of prescription drugs or this part where he talked about what he's doing to expand healthcare to rural communities. You know, moron policies like those.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Still waiting. Whatyagot? Anything from today's press conference? Are you saying healthcare is a moronic concept?

TS doesn’t do requests. It’s too hard for him. He’s strictly a bomb thrower.

Oh...and a conservative. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

justthefacts

Reaction score

Mr. President, you said today, this week that Dr. Birx was taking bait from Speaker Pelosi. What did you mean by that considering that she was just describing the facts about the case of the pandemic right now across the country?

I think we're doing very well, and I think that we have done as well as any nation. If you really look, if you take a look at what's going on, especially now with all these flareups and nations that they were talking about. Don't forget, we're much bigger, other than India and China. China's having a massive flareup right down. India has a tremendous problem. Other countries have problems. I noticed that in the news, in the evening news, I never read about that in any of the news. I don't read about the other countries. You're starting to see that other countries are having very big flareups, countries that thought they were over it. Like we thought we might be over it in Florida; and then all of a sudden, it comes back. They do come back, but I think we're doing very well. I told Dr. Birx, I think we're doing very well. She was in my office a little while ago. She's a person I have a lot of respect for. I think Nancy Pelosi's treated her very badly, very, very badly, very nasty. I'm just referring to the fact that I thought that really they should say the job we've done, whether it's on ventilators or testing, we've tested now over 60 million people. No other country is even close to that. We've tested 60 million people with great ... In many cases, about 50% now, rapid fire, meaning 5 to 15 to 20-minute tests, where you get the result almost immediately. Nobody has anything like that. Nobody. I think we're just doing very well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom