The new Corona virus, should we worry?

Section2

Reaction score
One more beautiful gem, poor AOC gave away the game. This would certainly be considered the most vile form of election tampering if a prominent conservative tweeted it. Guessing progs in their bubbles would not even be aware.

justthefacts

Reaction score
You are guessing what true demand is. Further, government testing sites are going to be really lousy at planning and staffing for probably highly fluctuating demand. It is possible to likely that back in April, we thought the virus was going to get worse and worse and demand for tests would continue to skyrocket. And then that didn't happen at all, and demand for testing fell. Should capacity for testing have been ramped up to 5 million a day if demand was 3-400k and falling? You would probably say yes. But you also probably support the building of giant covid MASH units that sat completely empty.
Sorry for guessing what true demand is. I really shouldn't have done that after you presented all that concrete and overwhelming evidence that demand is below supply.

And you ignored the 2 examples of actually needing more tests. Did you even skim the Arizona points, let alone stories?

justthefacts

Reaction score
One more beautiful gem, poor AOC gave away the game. This would certainly be considered the most vile form of election tampering if a prominent conservative tweeted it. Guessing progs in their bubbles would not even be aware.
James Woods deleted that tweet, in all likelihood because it was totally made up. It didn't strike you as odd that she said something inflammatory a month ago and you hadn't heard about it?

I noticed you deleted this one, but not before I screencapped it

Last edited:

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
On testing - my local hospital (a smaller rural 'critical access' facility in SW MN) is not offering testing for the general public. They test people who show up in the ER with symptoms, and they test all patients before surgery or if they have to be admitted. As of this week, the hospital by itself has performed 380 tests. about half of those involved a screening program they did for a local pork-processing facility. any employee who wanted could be screened and they were tested if they had a high temperature or symptoms.

Anyone else, they tell them to go see their personal physician or clinic. I think the Sanford clinic in town will do tests by appointment, but again, you have to have some symptoms or a reason to be tested. One of my co-workers had a sore throat so he was tested but was negative. (and he got a day off work because he said he could not come back to work until he received the test results......)

In MN, the level of testing has dropped off a little. If you follow my daily reports, the number of daily tests processed has dropped below 10,000 the last few days - 7,261 on Monday.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I missed the bolded part of this.

S2: AOC is the face of all liberals in America!
S2: Progs wouldn't even know about an AOC tweet that got 20k retweets because of their bubble!

EDIT: I realize now that this bolded sentence is probably referring to the sentence right before it, but that's equally stupid.

S2: Democrats always vilify any controversial statement by conservatives, and so this would be considered horrific election tampering.
S2: Progs are in bubbles so they don't know anything conservatives say.

Last edited:

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
She deleted it!!!!!!!!!!! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

But dont worry, many have captured it

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
James Woods deleted that tweet, in all likelihood because it was totally made up. It didn't strike you as odd that she said something inflammatory a month ago and you hadn't heard about it?

I noticed you deleted this one, but not before I screencapped it

If its a fake its a good one, lots of retweets on Twitter

justthefacts

Reaction score
The very fact that it's viral today, 33 days after it was allegedly tweeted, should have been the first tipoff. That noted hack James Woods deleted his tweet of it pretty much seals it.

Section2

Reaction score
I missed the bolded part of this.

S2: AOC is the face of all liberals in America!
S2: Progs wouldn't even know about an AOC tweet that got 20k retweets because of their bubble!

EDIT: I realize now that this bolded sentence is probably referring to the sentence right before it, but that's equally stupid.

S2: Democrats always vilify any controversial statement by conservatives, and so this would be considered horrific election tampering.
S2: Progs are in bubbles so they don't know anything conservatives say.
AOC is a Biden campaign co chair. So you don't get to ignore her as wacko frings anymore, sorry.
the 20k that retweeted it know, nobody else would. Because the fact that she deleted it will not be reported or mentioned by MSM Brian Stelter types.

The election tampering is the act of actually keeping states shut down in order to harm the economy and Trump's reelection chances.

Section2

Reaction score
yeah, if that's a fake, then that's on me. Not the first time I've been fooled by a fake tweet, even though last time I got caught I vowed to be more careful. I didnt' check the date, my bad.

JTF, kudos on my fake tweet. That's some impressive work, I like the avatar, I may have to change mine to old Cleetus.

justthefacts

Reaction score
AOC is a Biden campaign co chair. So you don't get to ignore her as wacko frings anymore, sorry.
the 20k that retweeted it know, nobody else would. Because the fact that she deleted it will not be reported or mentioned by MSM Brian Stelter types.

The election tampering is the act of actually keeping states shut down in order to harm the economy and Trump's reelection chances.
"AOC is a Biden campaign co-chair, so you can't ignore the crazy thing she said <checks notes> over a month ago."

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
The very fact that it's viral today, 33 days after it was allegedly tweeted, should have been the first tipoff. That noted hack James Woods deleted his tweet of it pretty much seals it.
I definitely question is authenticity that it took 33 days to get out

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
yeah, if that's a fake, then that's on me. Not the first time I've been fooled by a fake tweet, even though last time I got caught I vowed to be more careful. I didnt' check the date, my bad.

JTF, kudos on my fake tweet. That's some impressive work, I like the avatar, I may have to change mine to old Cleetus.
Check this out:

bga1

Reaction score
Just checking Minnesota stats again today for an estimated mortality rate.

Below age 50- 26 out of 22,000 known cases have died. Assuming that a conservative estimate is that there are 10 times as many cases out there than have tested positive- we are looking at a mortality rate of just a little over 1 in 10,000 that die of the disease at ages below 50.

When you expand that to age 60 and below then it goes to 92 out of 26,000 have died. Multiply by ten for unknown cases and you get about 3.5 in every 10,000 dying. The estimated mortality rate for flu is also debatable but often estimated at 1 in 1000 for all ages and that is an estimate that includes an estimation of all cases known and unknown. So again, it is likely that the mortality rate for Covid 19 is quite similar for that below age 60 if not lower than flu.

Once again we see that there was no real justification for the long term lock downs we have had and still have. The first few weeks, I get that. After that...nope. New York? Obviously you don't want to be living in a city like that with the over crowding and mass transit.....

Section2

Reaction score
Sorry for guessing what true demand is. I really shouldn't have done that after you presented all that concrete and overwhelming evidence that demand is below supply.

And you ignored the 2 examples of actually needing more tests. Did you even skim the Arizona points, let alone stories?
It's ok to guess, but then you really can't definitively state that supply is not meeting demand. I mean, long lines at government testing sites is your proof? Head in to the DMV sometime.
i didn't provide concrete evidence, I provided logic and reason. What Trump said in april MIGHT HAVE been true or might have come true if demand for tests didn't drop. That's unprovable, but it's also perfectly logical. But you just want to dunk on Trump. We get it. Many times, it's a fine dunk. This one was thoughtless.

Section2

Reaction score
On testing - my local hospital (a smaller rural 'critical access' facility in SW MN) is not offering testing for the general public. They test people who show up in the ER with symptoms, and they test all patients before surgery or if they have to be admitted. As of this week, the hospital by itself has performed 380 tests. about half of those involved a screening program they did for a local pork-processing facility. any employee who wanted could be screened and they were tested if they had a high temperature or symptoms.

Anyone else, they tell them to go see their personal physician or clinic. I think the Sanford clinic in town will do tests by appointment, but again, you have to have some symptoms or a reason to be tested. One of my co-workers had a sore throat so he was tested but was negative. (and he got a day off work because he said he could not come back to work until he received the test results......)

In MN, the level of testing has dropped off a little. If you follow my daily reports, the number of daily tests processed has dropped below 10,000 the last few days - 7,261 on Monday.
If testing was free and easy and you could drive to Walgreens and have a quick test with no line and get the results quickly, I'm sure more people would get tested.
If testing requires an appt, costs time and or money, is not comfortable, results take a few days, and there is no reason for you to need a test, you are basically quarantined anyway, you aren't very sick, then less people will demand tests.
Neither of those can easily show what the total potential daily testing capacity is. You'd need to survey every testing provider and ask them what their daily testing capabilities are and add them up. I would bet that number is a lot higher than 10k in MN, and a lot higher than 400k in AZ.

And we further need to figure out whether we are talking the actual testing processing labs, or the test takers. If those numbers aren't the same, then one or the other can limit your total.

But hey, we're just trying to dunk on Trump, so enjoy.

justthefacts

Reaction score
If testing was free and easy and you could drive to Walgreens and have a quick test with no line and get the results quickly, I'm sure more people would get tested.
If testing requires an appt, costs time and or money, is not comfortable, results take a few days, and there is no reason for you to need a test, you are basically quarantined anyway, you aren't very sick, then less people will demand tests.
Neither of those can easily show what the total potential daily testing capacity is. You'd need to survey every testing provider and ask them what their daily testing capabilities are and add them up. I would bet that number is a lot higher than 10k in MN, and a lot higher than 400k in AZ.

And we further need to figure out whether we are talking the actual testing processing labs, or the test takers. If those numbers aren't the same, then one or the other can limit your total.

But hey, we're just trying to dunk on Trump, so enjoy.
Trump's own reopening guidelines say that we need a downward trajectory in positivity rate. It's going up. So either:

a) The pandemic is getting worse in the United States

or

b) we need more tests

or

c) We can dunk on Trump for coming up with a stupid reopening plan

Has to be one of those 3.

Section2

Reaction score
Trump's own reopening guidelines say that we need a downward trajectory in positivity rate. It's going up. So either:

or

b) we need more tests

or

well, you know it was Fauci and the experts you are so enamored with who created choice C. I've stated from the beginning that it's an idiotic metric, but it's also fair to blame Trump, since he's ultimately in charge.
I don't personally care about positivity rate because I'm a herd immunity guy. The average age of those getting the virus is dropping, that's great news. (also not surprising because Walz and Cuomo aren't sending sick people into nursing homes).
I care about hospitals getting overwhelmed to an extent, but I favor no more government action. Provide the public with the best possible non political info on which to make decisions, and let people and businesses decide how to respond. Lockdown is over.

justthefacts

Reaction score
well, you know it was Fauci and the experts you are so enamored with who created choice C. I've stated from the beginning that it's an idiotic metric, but it's also fair to blame Trump, since he's ultimately in charge.
I don't personally care about positivity rate because I'm a herd immunity guy. The average age of those getting the virus is dropping, that's great news. (also not surprising because Walz and Cuomo aren't sending sick people into nursing homes).
I care about hospitals getting overwhelmed to an extent, but I favor no more government action. Provide the public with the best possible non political info on which to make decisions, and let people and businesses decide how to respond. Lockdown is over.
How about the 10% positivity rate red-flag from Abbott? He's an idiot too, I guess.

bga1

Reaction score

or

b) we need more tests

or

Who do you think wrote these guidelines? Trump?

Is the US positivity percentage rate going up? The number of cases is rising in certain areas but the percentage positive? Can you give evidence of this across the US? Why are deaths falling so rapidly?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
New York? Obviously you don't want to be living in a city like that with the over crowding and mass transit.....
Or living in a state where the governor mandates that CV-19 recovering patients are forced out of the hospital early and into the nursing homes while shedding the virus against the CDC’s specific restrictions for return to the nursing home.

bga1

Reaction score
Alex may be wrong on this one. The population in Arizona is lower in the summer. Old people go north.

I think that the more likely answer lies in the number of illegals who come into Arizona since Mexico now has more daily deaths than the US. Finish the wall!

Another possibility for the high number of cases is that it is so blasted hot that everyone stays indoors. Not healthy.

Top Bottom