The new Corona virus, should we worry?

howeda7

Reaction score
Sure thing. Just had to fire someone for not altering them correctly.

HAHAHAHA!

Frauds. Fake numbers. DeSantis caught with his pants around his ankles.
I think KGF would throw his sister under the bus if she crossed Trump or DeSantis.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You might want to hurry up on the DeSantis statue in your yard just in case...

It’s a “test dump” of data. Florida is testing and continues to increase testing for Cv-19. At the same time, the percentage of positive tests continues to drop.

You are so easily fooled by your media Tweeter sources.

scools12

Reaction score
You might want to hurry up on the DeSantis statue in your yard just in case...

43,000 tested with 1200 new cases. 2.8% positive rate.

At least you got to post that new cases number. ?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
43,000 tested with 1200 new cases. 2.8% positive rate.

At least you got to post that new cases number. ?
The sad part is that it only takes a few seconds to check out and destroy their false narratives, but howie and the media have no desire to do that. They just move on to the next fake news narrative.

howeda7

Reaction score
As usual, no actual facts. No proof. Just an out of your ass theory.
You've already discussed the Florida situation here. I know you choose to deny it. Georgia was issuing BS manipulated charts. Again you don't care. Stop asking for sources when they've already been given and you ignore them.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Here is a good article that explains what Florida did differently to protect the nursing homes. There better performance didn't happen by some happy accident. Common sense is a really cool thing when put into action:
Thanks for the great article on how they properly handled nursing homes in Florida.

What DeSantis did to stave off the problem Minnesota has, namely wildly runaway COVID-19 infections in nursing homes, is so glaringly obvious, that one does not really need Harvard/Yale degrees to figure out that that's the proper thing to do. In fact, perhaps the opposite is true: anyone who can't figure out that the proper thing is to *not* send known infectees back to nursing homes, and to massively test both residents and staff at those faciities, is pretty much an imbecile.

Our most prominent imbeciles are Walz and Cuomo. And most likely a few more governors that I'm not specifically aware of.

stocker08

Reaction score
Florida and GA are manipulating the #'s. Wouldn't shock me if Texas is too.
Florida is manipulating their numbers. That has been confirmed.

Both Georgia and Texas (along with Vermont and Virginia I believe) are adding both viral AND anti-body tests together to come to their test totals. Very misleading.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
ZeroHedge is literally right wing trash. Do better.
It may be that ZeroHedge is a right-wing media source. Nevertheless, regardless of whether or not you agree with their conclusions (e.g., the situation is actually a bit more complicated then where they're trying to lead the reader to), they do lay out some important facts.

Facts: In early February the World Health Organization said that travel bans were not necessary. On Feb. 17, just a month before the first U.S. lockdown, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said that this new strain of coronavirus possessed “just minuscule” danger to the United States. In early March the U.S. surgeon general said that “masks are NOT effective in preventing [the] general public from catching coronavirus.” As late as March 9, the day Italy started its lockdown, Dr. Fauci did not encourage cancellation of “large gatherings in a place [even if] you have community spread,” calling it “a judgment call.” NBA games were still being played.

More facts about deeply flawed models (the first of many such deeply flawed models, as we see in hindsight): The March 16 report by Imperial College epidemiologist Neil Ferguson is credited (or blamed) with causing the U.K. to lock down and contributing to the domino effect of global lockdowns. The model has since come under intense criticism for being “totally unreliable and a buggy mess.” This is the same Neil Ferguson who in 2005 predicted 200 million could die from the bird flu. Total deaths over the last 15 years turned out to be 455. This is the same Neil Ferguson who in 2009 predicted that 65,000 people could die in the U.K. from the swine flu. The final number ended up around 392. Now, in 2020, he predicted that 500,000 British would die from coronavirus. His deeply flawed model led the United States to fear over 2 million deaths and was used to justify locking down nearly the entire nation.

But then they revert to some nonsensical arguments. They claim that the reduction in infections and deaths was not due to the shutdowns. Their weak argument is based on the true (but irrelevant) fact that models like the U of Washington IHME model predicted disaster in Sweden that did not happen. That is a proof that the IHME model is yet another deeply flawed model (as I have also proven on various other posts), and that's all it is a proof of. Let me state it in no uncertain terms. In the US, we painted ourselves into a corner, so that the only solution was shutdowns at that point. It was the shutdowns that put the pandemic on a partial pause, for the time being. What was wrong with the shutdowns was that they stupidly used a one-size-fits-all approach that shut down International Falls to the same extent as Minneapolis, and we failed (Minnesota especially) to protect our elderly and nursing homes (another fact that they do point out). And there is the remaining issue of how to get out of the overly-done lockdowns, of course.

But they fail to prove their major point at all.

The remainder of the article is a rant against mainstream media (which for sure is at least partly a well deserved candidate for ranting against).

So in the end, they did a good presentation of some key facts, but failed to win their argument.

Last edited:

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the infectiousness of SARS-CoV-2 has declined over time with minor mutations of the virus over successive generations. In which case, the simple passage of time (and virus generations) over the lockdowns is the main factor in reducing R0 (as opposed to lots of infections that would increase herd immunity and thus reduce Effective R - something that happens to a certain extent, especialy in NYC but not very much overall).

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Not a wild accusation. It's a fact. A Florida data analyst was fired for not altering the covid data being represented.

I get it. It hurts your righty brain.
I can’t state this for a fact but reading the news stories and interviews of her out there, reading between the lines she sounds IMO like a know it all (takes one to know one). Abrasives tend to get washed out in short order if they don’t bring significant and irreplaceable needed skill. She was on the job all of 7 months. That’s in the “oh **** we hired a problem child“ zone after the workplace honeymoon period wears off.

Last edited:

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Florida is manipulating their numbers. That has been confirmed.

Both Georgia and Texas (along with Vermont and Virginia I believe) are adding both viral AND anti-body tests together to come to their test totals. Very misleading.
What case/death/test numbers are they manipulating. Be specific on category and link a source please.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
ZeroHedge is literally right wing trash. Do better.
I've seen plenty of legit articles from zerohedge.

When someone posts something here, and i have time, i read the entire article. I attempt to comprehend and analyze it before I make any judgement about it. I see that you dont.

Also, in the very first line of this particular article, it states this that its comes right from RealClearPolitics. Thanks for not reading and still offering "advice"
1590147346846.png

cncmin

Reaction score
No, that satisfies me. You are right. TBH, I read too much into that particular post. I have watched Howdy for a while now lay the ground work about how any data that doesn't support his view is either fake or not complete. Those Red States like to lie you know. I assumed he was saying more of the same - but didn't read closely enough on what he actually posted. My mistake. I stand by the statement that Howdy posts nothing but nonsense on here. Thanks.
Spoofin, you did wonderfully in this post until the sentence prior to "Thanks". Still, a lot of steps in the right direction, thumbs up.

Howeda has a sarcastic, partially comedic tone in his posts, but he does not just post BS.

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
It may be that ZeroHedge is a right-wing media source. Nevertheless, regardless of whether or not you agree with their conclusions (e.g., the situation is actually a bit more complicated then where they're trying to lead the reader to), they do lay out some important facts.

Facts: In early February the World Health Organization said that travel bans were not necessary. On Feb. 17, just a month before the first U.S. lockdown, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said that this new strain of coronavirus possessed “just minuscule” danger to the United States. In early March the U.S. surgeon general said that “masks are NOT effective in preventing [the] general public from catching coronavirus.” As late as March 9, the day Italy started its lockdown, Dr. Fauci did not encourage cancellation of “large gatherings in a place [even if] you have community spread,” calling it “a judgment call.” NBA games were still being played.

More facts about deeply flawed models (the first of many such deeply flawed models, as we see in hindsight): The March 16 report by Imperial College epidemiologist Neil Ferguson is credited (or blamed) with causing the U.K. to lock down and contributing to the domino effect of global lockdowns. The model has since come under intense criticism for being “totally unreliable and a buggy mess.” This is the same Neil Ferguson who in 2005 predicted 200 million could die from the bird flu. Total deaths over the last 15 years turned out to be 455. This is the same Neil Ferguson who in 2009 predicted that 65,000 people could die in the U.K. from the swine flu. The final number ended up around 392. Now, in 2020, he predicted that 500,000 British would die from coronavirus. His deeply flawed model led the United States to fear over 2 million deaths and was used to justify locking down nearly the entire nation.

But then they revert to some nonsensical arguments. They claim that the reduction in infections and deaths was not due to the shutdowns. Their weak argument is based on the true (but irrelevant) fact that models like the U of Washington IHME model predicted disaster in Sweden that did not happen. That is a proof that the IHME model is yet another deeply flawed model (as I have also proven on various other posts), and that's all it is a proof of. Let me state it in no uncertain terms. In the US, we painted ourselves into a corner, so that the only solution was shutdowns at that point. It was the shutdowns that put the pandemic on a partial pause, for the time being. What was wrong with the shutdowns was that they stupidly used a one-size-fits-all approach that shut down International Falls to the same extent as Minneapolis, and we failed (Minnesota especially) to protect our elderly and nursing homes (another fact that they do point out). And there is the remaining issue of how to get out of the overly-done lockdowns, of course.

But they fail to prove their major point at all.

The remainder of the article is a rant against mainstream media (which for sure is at least partly a well deserved candidate for ranting against).

So in the end, they did a good presentation of some key facts, but failed to win their argument.
Man, your posts are fantastic. Keep up the great work.

I'm jealous: Where do you find the time to write these up?

cncmin

Reaction score

When someone posts something here, and i have time, i read the entire article. I attempt to comprehend and analyze it before I make any judgement about it. I see that you dont.

Also, in the very first line of this particular article, it states this that its comes right from RealClearPolitics. Thanks for not reading and still offering "advice"
View attachment 8105

JJ, Zerohedge, like the vast majority of RW media, cleverly inserts just enough fact into their media to sound legitimate to the lesser informed people, and then they spew garbage around those facts to propagandize the hell out of you. See Cut Down the Net's excellent analysis, above. That's the RW media you follow.

Those conspiracy theories you like to chase operate in similar manners: provide enough fact to seem legitimate and hook the audience, then pour the garbage down their throats as they open and swallow.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I can’t state this for a fact but reading the news stories and interviews of her out there, reading between the lines she sounds IMO like a know it all (takes one to know one). Abrasives tend to get washed out in short order if they don’t bring significant and irreplaceable needed skill. She was on the job all of 7 months. That’s in the “oh **** we hired a problem child“ zone after the workplace honeymoon period wears off.
Ha! :LOL:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
JJ, Zerohedge, like the vast majority of RW media, cleverly inserts just enough fact into their media to sound legitimate to the lesser informed people, and then they spew garbage around those facts to propagandize the hell out of you. See Cut Down the Net's excellent analysis, above. That's the RW media you follow.

Those conspiracy theories you like to chase operate in similar manners: provide enough fact to seem legitimate and hook the audience, then pour the garbage down their throats as they open and swallow.
They're not hoodwinking anyone.

They sell a religion, to people who want to believe it, and are willing to pay someone to just say it out loud.

cncmin

Reaction score
They're not hoodwinking anyone.

They sell a religion, to people who want to believe it, and are willing to pay someone to just say it out loud.
Sure, they're selling the religion, but the hook has to come before they reel them in for keeps. Almost none of the bullshit the RW media sells is based entirely on fiction. For every outrageously overblown Hillarly Clinton email conspiracy theory, there is the fact that HRC mishandled her emails. For every ridiculous Hunter/Joe Biden/Ukraine conspiracy theory, there is the fact the Hunter Biden was given a cushy job on the board of a Ukrainian company based on his father's name. For every Mexicans are rapists global mantra, there is a some illegal Mexican who raped someone. You can't do it entirely on superstition; their audience is illogical and emotional, but they're not totally brainless. They do the work of and emulate con men, and they now have their King Con Man in power, exactly what they've been trying to do since Limbaugh started spewing his BS in the 90s.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Sure, they're selling the religion, but the hook has to come before they reel them in for keeps.
I just don't think you need much of a "hook" at all.

It's like in the movie American History X, when the guy goes to prison, and he takes his shirt off the first day to show his Nazi tatoo, so that he can find "his group" that he wants to join.

Section2

Reaction score

It’s funny that you think this is limited to RW media. I guess you must be one of those lesser informed people.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score

View attachment 8105

I read it in its entirety, and offered my critique in post number 14564. In summary, I thought they did a great job pointing out some very important facts in the first half of the article. Then when they attempted to draw a conclusion, it seemed like that part of the article was written by a college freshman intern who has never taken a symbolic logic class, because the attempted conclusion consisted entirely of an invalid logical construct. Furthermore, the conclusion also contradicts the facts of the matter. So second half of the article was complete and utter BS.

If it came from RealClearPolitics, then that particular article was RealMuddyPolitics that could only serve to further muddy up the seemingly already muddy waters. I wouldn't hesitate to look at other articles from either source, but I'd certainly read with my BS antennae raised.

Others have pointed out that the above is a typical ploy used to hook the reader into believing a falsehood - namely lead with true facts clearly written, and then continue with either falsehoods and/or illegitimate (non)logical arguments to reel in the fish.

And yes, it's a trick used by both the left-wing and right-wing media. Heck, it might be used by centrists and independents too, for that matter. But I kinda suspect it's used more often by the left and the right.

Last edited:

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Minnesota Covid-19 Update - Friday, May 22nd.
(data provided by 4pm the previous day)

Positive Cases 19,005 +813.

Patients no longer needing to be isolated 12,696

Deaths 842 +33.

Deaths at Long-term Care and Assisted Living facilities 688 +25.

Patients Hospitalized 534 -32.

Patients In ICU 233 +4.

Total Tests processed 180,971.

Top Bottom