The Lincoln Project: Real Republicans Standing Up

John Galt

Reaction score
And we have a battle going on to make America actually great, instead of just making it great for a select few and then lie about how it effects everyone else.
Who are the select few that America has been great for? It’s been great for me. Has it been great for you?

John Galt

Reaction score
It still amazes me that none of our board White Nationalists voted for trump (except for beggar). They didn't vote for him, don't really like him....but they worship him as a deity.
Why is it shocking? Surely someone (anyone) would admit they voted for Trump on an anonymous message board. The hardcore political hacks like yourself can’t imagine a world where people don’t have blind loyalty to a party.

jamiche

Reaction score
Why is it shocking? Surely someone (anyone) would admit they voted for Trump on an anonymous message board. The hardcore political hacks like yourself can’t imagine a world where people don’t have blind loyalty to a party.
I think you missed the sarcasm alert, galty, so I'll explain it a bit more slowly. For a guy who you claim to really not like and don't really support, you and your fellow white nationalists defend absolutely everything he does and contort yourselves to come up with explanations for his horrible policies and behaviors.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Simple really. If people spend all of their time on a message board carrying water for one party and/or condemning the other party (and its voters), it's hard to take claims of non-partisanship or "independence" seriously.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Lincoln Project leaders give 89.3% of contributions to themselves.

Co-founder Rick Wilson's "finances took a turn for the worse just as Trump began to become a prominent political force... Wilson appeared to shift from his standard right-wing politics to an anti-Trump stance in the face of mounting lawsuits and debt." Yep, now he's getting himself out of debt.

Meanwhile, co-founder John Weaver was recently registering as a foreign agent of Russia. Weaver’s Russian mission was to lobby Trump’s administration and Congress to cooperate with the Russian Federation on nuclear trade. Trump refused, Weaver's deal fell through, so now he wants revenge.

It's no wonder the libs admire these folks so much, corruption and Russian collusion all in one package. Right in line with Hillary and Joe. And no wonder why they're against Trump who is draining the swamp of people like this.
Lincoln Project Founders => Grabbing contributions and lining their own pockets. It's no wonder so many libs admire what they're doing.

John Galt

Reaction score
I think you missed the sarcasm alert, galty, so I'll explain it a bit more slowly. For a guy who you claim to really not like and don't really support, you and your fellow white nationalists defend absolutely everything he does and contort yourselves to come up with explanations for his horrible policies and behaviors.
Most of the people on here who say they didn’t vote for Don, also didn’t vote for Hillary. Can you understand that? Some people don’t see the world in only red or blue.

Don has been attacked more than any president in history and it’s not even close. Some deserved, some not deserved. Since he already has the entire media as a detractor for anything he does, some of us try to see through this and stick up for someone when it seems fair. But I’m guessing you aren’t the type of person who sticks up for anyone who doesn’t line up with your liberal beliefs.

Section2

Reaction score
Simple really. If people spend all of their time on a message board carrying water for one party and/or condemning the other party (and its voters), it's hard to take claims of non-partisanship or "independence" seriously.
Some people can see the big picture and some can't.

John Galt

Reaction score
So why wouldn’t someone admit they voted for Trump on a message board? It’s not like they have to sit next to you at Thanksgiving. Is it possible, even remotely, that some people aren’t fans of Trump but still view him as a better option than Hillary or Joe?

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
So why wouldn’t someone admit they voted for Trump on a message board? It’s not like they have to sit next to you at Thanksgiving. Is it possible, even remotely, that some people aren’t fans of Trump but still view him as a better option than Hillary or Joe?
Yep. Trump sucks, but I voted for him over Hillary. But Biden is better than both, so now Biden gets my vote.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Who are the select few that America has been great for? It’s been great for me. Has it been great for you?
It has been great for many people, and undeservedly far too great for too many people who have made it absolutely not great, for also, too many people.

John Galt

Reaction score
It has been great for many people, and undeservedly far too great for too many people who have made it absolutely not great, for also, too many people.
Clarify please. Who has it been great for? And how have they made it not great for others?

Reaction score
Clarify please. Who has it been great for? And how have they made it not great for others?
The fact that you're trying to intimate that there isn't any discrepancy tells me enough that there's no point. I'm not going to do all of the work for you to cover the enormous disparity obvious there.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I don't know that answer to the first question.

As to the second question, people are what they do, not some little niche they've established for themselves in their own minds. If you vote Republican (or Democrat) all, or almost all, of the time then you are a functional Republican (or Democrat). Almost nobody agrees with a given party or candidate all of the time but, if you vote for that party all of the time, you are functionally accepting the things you like and the things you say you don't like. If you spend all of your time thinking one party is always worse, then you functionally are a member of the opposite party and not a true independent.

I'll use myself as an example. I voted for Ronald Reagan twice, a Republican governor, and a couple of Republican House members but I have not voted for a Republican since the mid-nineties. There is no way in hell I would vote for one now so it would be absurd for me to call myself an independent at this point in my life. Although there are members of the Democratic base who irritate me tremendously and a number of Democratic politicians who make me roll my eyes, I still believe the other party is much worse on the whole. That means I am a partisan Democrat.

jamiche

Reaction score
Most of the people on here who say they didn’t vote for Don, also didn’t vote for Hillary. Can you understand that? Some people don’t see the world in only red or blue.

Don has been attacked more than any president in history and it’s not even close. Some deserved, some not deserved. Since he already has the entire media as a detractor for anything he does, some of us try to see through this and stick up for someone when it seems fair. But I’m guessing you aren’t the type of person who sticks up for anyone who doesn’t line up with your liberal beliefs.
Is Fox a detractor? RW twitter? RWFB? RWSM? Sinclair Broadcast Corp? Youtube? Sorry, galty, the RW mediasphere is huge and it bows to trump.

The man who has told 20,000 lies since he entered the WH and put the country in great health and economic peril has brought it on himself.

I think Gary Johnson and the other candidates got 3%-4% of the votes combined in MN. I guess they are all on GH.

jamiche

Reaction score
It's hard to believe that it has been great for you and the other fellas. You guys whine constantly. You have 80% of the political power in the country and you feel so beleaguered.

John Galt

Reaction score
The fact that you're trying to intimate that there isn't any discrepancy tells me enough that there's no point. I'm not going to do all of the work for you to cover the enormous disparity obvious there.
You know what’s great about America? Everyone is free to leave. If it hasn’t been great for people, certainly they would be much better off in Africa, right?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Why Africa, John Galt?
Perhaps b/c no groups from the continents of Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia are feeling abused? Just a guess. But they’d be free to leave as well if they felt it was best.

Just thinking out loud here, but it raises an obvious comparison for African-Americans, especially those with slave history, to point just how much better black Africans have it better than African-Americans. It would make sense that the best estimate of reparations would be to put those AAs on an economic par equal to that of black Africans. Everyone should be happy with that, no?

Note to howie: sarcasm

85% of Africans live on less than $5.50 per day

WhoFell, maybe your black friends should be paying you?

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud here, but it raises an obvious comparison for African-Americans, especially those with slave history, to point just how much better black Africans have it better than African-Americans. It would make sense that the best estimate of reparations would be to put those AAs on an economic par equal to that of black Africans. Everyone should be happy with that, no?

Ahhh, found the problem!!!

oak_street1981

Reaction score
I need Sandy Ortiz (now she is AOC, used to go by Sandy), Westchester County bimbo to tell me how to feel as a poor person. I need education from the left for sure!

Relative to AOC or Ihlan Omar who sent 1M of political fundraising $$ to her new (white, Christian, not thatit matters) husband's company this year, I am poor, very poor. Outside of Illinois no one is more corrupt than Ihlan Omar. Sure no corruption, nothing to see here!

Only a middle class person from Westchester, who went to BU (Boston), from one of the most elite zip codes in the US can really represent the downtrodden in today's America.

Top Bottom