The Lincoln Project: Real Republicans Standing Up

howeda7

Reaction score
The first statement isn't quite right. Biden wasn't necessarily the first choice of the voters but he was the compromise consolidation choice and it had to be done very quickly or the consolidation would be too late. The majority of the party (both the leadership and the electorate) did not want Sanders to be the nominee but they would be almost forced to give it to him if he succeeded in getting through the primaries with something like 35% of the vote and a plurality of the delegates.

In 2016, Trump did not go over 50% in a state primary until New York in April but by then it was far too late to stop him because he won too many primaries and delegates with a minority of the vote. He still only won 45% of the primary vote overall despite having little or no opposition after early May. The Democrats didn't want to make the same mistake.

The second statement isn't true either. Voters didn't "narrowly" choose Hillary over Sanders. She beat him handily. The contest was for all practical purposes over by April but he wouldn't concede until the convention.

I don't worry about the "communists." That's your obsession.
All this. 2 is being dense as usual. If Bernie "won" Super Tuesday with his 35%, it was going to be too late to stop him. That doesn't make it any less true that 65% of the Dem voters wanted someone more moderate.

jamiche

Reaction score
Why did they need to do something about it if the majority of voters agreed with them? They did something about it. This wasn't an organic process. That's fine, political parties can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned, you can always vote 3rd party or the opposition if you have a problem with it. But I just can't abide these two thoughts:
party leaders took action to stop Sanders
Biden was the choice of the voters
Those same party leaders in 2016 gave Hillary the debate questions and rigged the primary in her favor. I guess "voters narrowly chose Hillary" is proof that it was all on the up and up.

You're giving jet fuel to the communists in your mist (or maybe you are one) by rigging things to stop Sanders. That's my concern.
I thought you were going to give your life to stop the commies in our "mist," pfc deuce. Spray for all of us, brother!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
ZZZ. Have you ever bothered to watch an interview with him that wasn't a 7 second edited clip?
Yeah, I watched his entire speech today. He reads like a 2nd grader.
“See Trump run...Trump has no plan...I have plan”

howeda7

Reaction score
I thought you were going to give your life to stop the commies in our "mist," pfc deuce. Spray for all of us, brother!
How many Commies can one take out from the back porch in Edina? Might need a shoulder fired missile launcher to reach those commies in Minneapolis (as is ones right under the 2nd Amendment.)

Section2

Reaction score
The first statement isn't quite right. Biden wasn't necessarily the first choice of the voters but he was the compromise consolidation choice and it had to be done very quickly or the consolidation would be too late. The majority of the party (both the leadership and the electorate) did not want Sanders to be the nominee but they would be almost forced to give it to him if he succeeded in getting through the primaries with something like 35% of the vote and a plurality of the delegates.

In 2016, Trump did not go over 50% in a state primary until New York in April but by then it was far too late to stop him because he won too many primaries and delegates with a minority of the vote. He still only won 45% of the primary vote overall despite having little or no opposition after early May. The Democrats didn't want to make the same mistake.

The second statement isn't true either. Voters didn't "narrowly" choose Hillary over Sanders. She beat him handily. The contest was for all practical purposes over by April but he wouldn't concede until the convention.

I don't worry about the "communists." That's your obsession.
Biden was the compromise choice of the party leadership. They used their power to get Pete and Amy to drop out before Super Tuesday to defeat Sanders. Yet they had Liz stay in. All orchestrated. This is not a controversial opinion. If they didn’t do that, the party coalesces around Bernie and he’s the nominee. It would have been better for the country for Bernie to lose in 2016 to Trump. The commies take their lumps, the party moves to the center, they win in 2020. But they rigged it for Hillary. If Biden loses, it will get worse.
Are you a communist? If not, better wake up.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
ZZZ. Have you ever bothered to watch an interview with him that wasn't a 7 second edited clip?
There haven't been many of them lately. I don't necessarily hate the strategy. If you think Trump is immature and petulant, then don't even engage, and he'll either hang himself or run out of steam. I think that's probably a better strategy than engaging with him right now, for the Dems.

jamiche

Reaction score
Biden was the compromise choice of the party leadership. They used their power to get Pete and Amy to drop out before Super Tuesday to defeat Sanders. Yet they had Liz stay in. All orchestrated. This is not a controversial opinion. If they didn’t do that, the party coalesces around Bernie and he’s the nominee. It would have been better for the country for Bernie to lose in 2016 to Trump. The commies take their lumps, the party moves to the center, they win in 2020. But they rigged it for Hillary. If Biden loses, it will get worse.
Who are these mysterious party leaders? Is it possible these candidates just ran out of money, pfc deuce? I don’t think Pete or Amy ever busted out of single digits.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Even Minnesota and maybe even especially MN was never going to back Amy, let's be real. Most people think she is exactly where she should be at. She was essentially auditioning for VP the whole time. I suppose i haven't checked, but if you already serve in a government body it seems like you need to be able to win your own state if you want any chance to be POTUS.

Reaction score

I'm trying to be more open minded lately and so i'm really letting my eyes be opened by these high quality video arrangements. Made by good, honest Republicans, so they're 100% legit and correct and infallible. I'm united with Republicans and proud to say it!

Section2

Reaction score
Who are these mysterious party leaders? Is it possible these candidates just ran out of money, pfc deuce? I don’t think Pete or Amy ever busted out of single digits.
Yeah, on Sunday night Pete had ads on 60 minutes, and 12 hours later dropped out because he ran out of money. Genius. Why would any self interested candidate spend so much time and money leading up to Super Tuesday and then pull out a day before? They wouldn’t. They were told or threatened to do so.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I actually agree with you (to some degree) that it may have been better for Bernie than Hillary to lose in 2016 but Hillary's loss in 2016 obviously didn't make Bernie much more popular in 2020. Except for Nevada, he underperformed his 2016 showing in early states and the turnout among his highest support group (young people) was dismal.

Biden was the compromise choice among the party leadership because he was the only one who appeared to have sufficient strength in the remaining states. Pete and Amy agreed with that assessment and so did Bloomberg. I know that Amy explicitly said that herself. And, judging by how quickly the rank-and-file Democratic voters responded, they agreed with that assessment. I had no intention of voting for Biden a week before I did but when I saw what was happening I went all in.

What is it about this phenomena that upsets you so much and makes you so determined to characterize this as a DNC coup? Can you just not bring yourself to admit that the Democratic voters are more strategic and less communist than you want to believe?

Section2

Reaction score
I actually agree with you (to some degree) that it may have been better for Bernie than Hillary to lose in 2016 but Hillary's loss in 2016 obviously didn't make Bernie much more popular in 2020. Except for Nevada, he underperformed his 2016 showing in early states and the turnout among his highest support group (young people) was dismal.

Biden was the compromise choice among the party leadership because he was the only one who appeared to have sufficient strength in the remaining states. Pete and Amy agreed with that assessment and so did Bloomberg. I know that Amy explicitly said that herself. And, judging by how quickly the rank-and-file Democratic voters responded, they agreed with that assessment. I had no intention of voting for Biden a week before I did but when I saw what was happening I went all in.

What is it about this phenomena that upsets you so much and makes you so determined to characterize this as a DNC coup? Can you just not bring yourself to admit that the Democratic voters are more strategic and less communist than you want to believe?
Bernie is not a member of the party. So as far as I'm concerned, the party is well within their rights to orchestrate his defeat. Just be honest about it. Obviously the party is going to lie about it, but you don't have to. The problem is that for the young activist revolutionary types, they are emboldened and angered and radicalized by this "cheating". And the party has moved sharply left in the past 3 years, and even more so since Biden locked up the nomination.
So that sharp leftward move is what upsets me. Had you played against Bernie fair and square, you would have squashed these movements as losers.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Bernie is not a member of the party. So as far as I'm concerned, the party is well within their rights to orchestrate his defeat. Just be honest about it. Obviously the party is going to lie about it, but you don't have to. The problem is that for the young activist revolutionary types, they are emboldened and angered and radicalized by this "cheating". And the party has moved sharply left in the past 3 years, and even more so since Biden locked up the nomination.
So that sharp leftward move is what upsets me. Had you played against Bernie fair and square, you would have squashed these movements as losers.
There does not appear to be any significant "boycott Biden" movement on the left this year like there was for Hillary in 2016. I think the overwhelming majority of people who support the Democratic party right now believe that Trump's re-election is worse than any other alternative. I would liken this year to 2004 although, obviously, I hope the result is better. Now, will the rebellious left do the same thing they did in 2000 and 2016 sometime in the future? Probably.

I don't see how you could conclude that the party has moved leftward since Biden's renomination. That's simply absurd. I do believe the party is to the left of what it was earlier this century but the moderate/center left portion remains much larger and healthier than the corresponding sector of the Republican party.

jamiche

Reaction score
Yeah, on Sunday night Pete had ads on 60 minutes, and 12 hours later dropped out because he ran out of money. Genius. Why would any self interested candidate spend so much time and money leading up to Super Tuesday and then pull out a day before? They wouldn’t. They were told or threatened to do so.
I’m not the genius you just suggested I am. However, I am smart enough to recognize that the ad time wasn’t purchased that Sunday afternoon. It was purchased weeks earlier, private deuce. Secondly, who is the “they?” Some commie antififis?

Section2

Reaction score
There does not appear to be any significant "boycott Biden" movement on the left this year like there was for Hillary in 2016. I think the overwhelming majority of people who support the Democratic party right now believe that Trump's re-election is worse than any other alternative. I would liken this year to 2004 although, obviously, I hope the result is better. Now, will the rebellious left do the same thing they did in 2000 and 2016 sometime in the future? Probably.

I don't see how you could conclude that the party has moved leftward since Biden's renomination. That's simply absurd. I do believe the party is to the left of what it was earlier this century but the moderate/center left portion remains much larger and healthier than the corresponding sector of the Republican party.
I'm watching the entire country being overrun by mobs of violent leftists. And I'm not hearing those people denounced by either the MSM or Democrats.
I'm watching mainstream Democrat politicians argue that we must overthrow capitalism.
I'm watching major cities talking about defunding police.
Where are the Democrats who are standing up to this?

Section2

Reaction score
I’m not the genius you just suggested I am. However, I am smart enough to recognize that the ad time wasn’t purchased that Sunday afternoon. It was purchased weeks earlier, private deuce. Secondly, who is the “they?” Some commie antififis?
Things that cost money: running ads on national tv
Things that don't cost money: being listed on a ballot
I agree, you aren't a genius. You are angry and stupid.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I'm watching the entire country being overrun by mobs of violent leftists. And I'm not hearing those people denounced by either the MSM or Democrats.
I'm watching mainstream Democrat politicians argue that we must overthrow capitalism.
"I'm watching the entire country being overrun by mobs of violent leftists."

Entire country? Overrun? I don't see mobs of leftists anywhere close to where I live and the substantial majority of the country doesn't either. These protests largely have been concentrated to a small portion of large cities.

"And I'm not hearing those people denounced by either the MSM or Democrats."

I'm confident that most of the country doesn't support some of the more destructive acts but, overall, surveys are showing consistently that the majority of the country is either supportive or neutral towards the protesters. Face it, most people just aren't as upset about this as you are.

"I'm watching mainstream Democrat politicians argue that we must overthrow capitalism."

I haven't heard that and I watch Democratic politicians and commentators regularly.

"I'm watching major cities talking about defunding police."

Yes, there's some of that but that's all rhetoric right now. No one seems to know exactly how that will be implemented and I suspect the end result will not be all that revolutionary.

Four years ago I watched Republicans chanting "lock her up" about the Democratic nominee at their convention and during their rallies. I thought it was disgusting (so did Republican Senator Jeff Flake) but I never obsessed about it because I didn't figure it would happen and I was right.

howeda7

Reaction score
Pete wasn't going to win a single state on Super Tuesday. Amy was going to win MN (probably) but nothing else. They both would have dropped out by the Thursday after. Instead, they both got out early, saved face and helped both Biden and their future prospects. There was no evil DNC conspiracy.

howeda7

Reaction score
SC was Saturday night. If Pete or Amy had come in a strong 2nd or even 3rd, they wouldn't have dropped out. Deuce is being dense as usual.

jamiche

Reaction score
Things that cost money: running ads on national tv
Things that don't cost money: being listed on a ballot
I agree, you aren't a genius. You are angry and stupid.
Things that cost a lot of money: national presidential campaigns
Things that stop happening when candidates can't raise enough money: national presidential campaigns
Things that never seem to happen: evidence to back up private deuce's goofy ass theories.
Things we are waiting for: private deuce to inform us exactly who kicked Amy and Pete out of the race and how they did it.

Section2

Reaction score
"I'm watching the entire country being overrun by mobs of violent leftists."

Entire country? Overrun? I don't see mobs of leftists anywhere close to where I live and the substantial majority of the country doesn't either. These protests largely have been concentrated to a small portion of large cities.

"And I'm not hearing those people denounced by either the MSM or Democrats."

I'm confident that most of the country doesn't support some of the more destructive acts but, overall, surveys are showing consistently that the majority of the country is either supportive or neutral towards the protesters. Face it, most people just aren't as upset about this as you are.

"I'm watching mainstream Democrat politicians argue that we must overthrow capitalism."

I haven't heard that and I watch Democratic politicians and commentators regularly.

"I'm watching major cities talking about defunding police."

Yes, there's some of that but that's all rhetoric right now. No one seems to know exactly how that will be implemented and I suspect the end result will not be all that revolutionary.

Four years ago I watched Republicans chanting "lock her up" about the Democratic nominee at their convention and during their rallies. I thought it was disgusting (so did Republican Senator Jeff Flake) but I never obsessed about it because I didn't figure it would happen and I was right.
Yes, I mean it's not localized to MPLS or a region. It is every major city in the country. Even non major cities, pretty much every large city in the country. And again, you show how you are sympathetic to the mob. I mean, 100 people protest a statue removal in a small Virginia city, and you guys are still talking about it. And you turn a blind eye to the enormity of this violent nationwide protest movement.

So it's really awesome that you are "confident" people don't support the destructive acts, I asked a simple question: where are the Democrats who are standing up to this? They can't be found. You're pointing to polls.

You aren't seeing it, here's a couple examples:

Hillary committed crimes and escaped accountability. No one is above the law, remember? This isn't about jailing political opponents for their views.

Look, you can have a hear no evil see no evil attitude. But it's a problem. And maybe instead of calling out people who are noticing what's going on, if you have a problem with the riots, or defund the police, or communism, you should grow a pair and start calling it out. Otherwise, I have no choice but to assume you approve.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
It's really no shocker that the Lincoln Project is founded by a NeoCon working for Russia, or that leftists would completely embrace & celebrate the Russian propaganda, as they did the Steele Dossier & Russia hoax.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Now we know why they're against Trump.

Kasich adviser will lobby against potential Russia sanctions

"John Weaver, the top strategist for John Kasich’s presidential campaign in 2016, has registered as a foreign agent and plans to lobby against potential sanctions on Russia.

Weaver signed a contract
last month to lobby on behalf of the Tenam Corporation, a subsidiary of Rosatom, the Russian state-owned nuclear energy company.

Weaver will lobby Congress and the Trump administration on “sanctions or other restrictions in the area of atomic (nuclear) energy, trade or cooperation involving in any way the Russian Federation,”
according to a disclosure filing.

The six-month contract is worth $350,000, plus expenses, with an option to extend if necessary. “Time is of the essence in the Agreement,” the contract reads, according to a copy filed with the Justice Department.

It’s not clear exactly what sanctions Weaver will be lobbying against. Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) introduced legislation in February to beef up sanctions on Russia, which would curtail the amount of uranium that could be imported from Russia starting in 2021, among other provisions. The bill hasn’t made it out of committee.

Weaver is a longtime Republican operative who served as Kasich’s chief strategist during his 2016 presidential campaign and has continued to advise him. He told the Associated Press in February that Kasich was leaning toward challenging President Donald Trump in the GOP primary.

Weaver is also a former adviser to John McCain’s presidential campaigns. He couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

Fletcher Newton, Tenam’s president, said in an interview the company hired Weaver to head off legislation that would make it harder for American utilities and nuclear power plants to buy nuclear fuel from Russia.

Weaver will “work with Congress and, hopefully, make sure they don’t come up with something vis-a-vis Russia that ends up hurting the United States,” he said.

Tenam hired Weaver after asking for recommendations, Newton said, although he declined to say who recommended him.

“I can tell you it’s about as good a recommendation as anybody could ask for,” he said."

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
WhoFellDownTheGopherHole? Praising Republicans, working against Trump & the United States, on behalf of Russia:

"I'm united with Russians and proud to say it!

"These high quality video arrangements. Made by good, honest Russians."

Reaction score
Stop watching, its just fear porn! Covid is fear porn! Radical left is fearporn! All fake news!
401k's are doing great! Trump is in control, no worries. Locked into cruise control!

Our country is in a lot better shape if you just turn off FOX news.

Reaction score
WhoFellDownTheGopherHole? Praising Republicans, working against Trump & the United States, on behalf of Russia:

"I'm united with Russians and proud to say it!

"These high quality video arrangements. Made by good, honest Russians."
Well, now you've doggone gosh darn gone and done it - you're saying...THE REPUBLICAN PARTY HAS BEEN INFILTRATED BY RUSSIANS???

But i thought "no collusion". I knew it! Thanks for finally admitting it. :love:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Well, now you've doggone gosh darn gone and done it - you're saying...THE REPUBLICAN PARTY HAS BEEN INFILTRATED BY RUSSIANS???

But i thought "no collusion". I knew it! Thanks for finally admitting it. :love:
Correct, these NeoCons that you so proudly stand with are working for Russia. Just like Hillary & many in the Democratic party. The one thing they all agree on, is that they can't let Donald Trump expose their graft.

Reaction score
Correct, these NeoCons that you so proudly stand with are working for Russia. Just like Hillary & many in the Democratic party. The one thing they all agree on, is that they can't let Donald Trump expose their graft.
So we agree. The Republican party is conspiring with Russia.

Dude, this is amazing. I can't believe you've seen the light.

Impeach Trump (again!)

p.s. i didn't actually read anything you said after 'Correct'

Top Bottom