the first amendment

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Of course you're okay with big tech being the judge, jury and censorship arm of the Dem party; it accomplishes the same goal without the Dem-controlled government having to do the actual work and take the negative publicity. Mission accomplished - censorship and silencing of differing opinions, a rapid progression towards all-out state run media

Outkick The Coverage's Clay Travis' comments while testifying before the House Judiciary subcommittee on antitrust, commercial and administrative law last week were almost horrifying. Within days of having an interview with Trump last August, FaceBook tanked Outkick's site traffic by 68%, 76% of new users.

>>"To me, it was clear content-based speech discrimination," Travis said. "Facebook didn't like that we had the president of the United States on our radio program and they also didn't like that the majority of the coverage of that interview was positive, which as a sports fan, it's hard to be negative when the favor of the president is aligned with games actually being played."

He warned Congress of the "overwhelming power" that Big Tech holds over media companies, giving a second example of how he says Facebook discriminated against certain speech.<<

About a month ago, Outkick published an article covering an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal by Dr. Marty Makary, a professor at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine & Bloomberg School of Public Health. In the op-ed, Makary argued that herd immunity was responsible for COVID-19 cases falling and predicted that the United States would reach herd immunity against the virus sometime in April.

Outkick merely printed a summary of the article from the Wall Street Journal. FaceBook immediately slapped them with a "Important Notification: Misinformation Violation" for commenting on an OPINION PIECE, which again drove website traffic down by massive amounts.

Soooooo, I guess we'll fight for the 1st Amendment when it agrees with us, right jtf?

How in the world can anyone not be concerned about the power and the influence being wielded by big tech right now, left or right?

golf

Reaction score
Of course you're okay with big tech being the judge, jury and censorship arm of the Dem party; it accomplishes the same goal without the Dem-controlled government having to do the actual work and take the negative publicity. Mission accomplished - censorship and silencing of differing opinions, a rapid progression towards all-out state run media

Outkick The Coverage's Clay Travis' comments while testifying before the House Judiciary subcommittee on antitrust, commercial and administrative law last week were almost horrifying. Within days of having an interview with Trump last August, FaceBook tanked Outkick's site traffic by 68%, 76% of new users.

>>"To me, it was clear content-based speech discrimination," Travis said. "Facebook didn't like that we had the president of the United States on our radio program and they also didn't like that the majority of the coverage of that interview was positive, which as a sports fan, it's hard to be negative when the favor of the president is aligned with games actually being played."

He warned Congress of the "overwhelming power" that Big Tech holds over media companies, giving a second example of how he says Facebook discriminated against certain speech.<<

About a month ago, Outkick published an article covering an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal by Dr. Marty Makary, a professor at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine & Bloomberg School of Public Health. In the op-ed, Makary argued that herd immunity was responsible for COVID-19 cases falling and predicted that the United States would reach herd immunity against the virus sometime in April.

Outkick merely printed a summary of the article from the Wall Street Journal. FaceBook immediately slapped them with a "Important Notification: Misinformation Violation" for commenting on an OPINION PIECE, which again drove website traffic down by massive amounts.

Soooooo, I guess we'll fight for the 1st Amendment when it agrees with us, right jtf?

How in the world can anyone not be concerned about the power and the influence being wielded by big tech right now, left or right?

Mumford and Son's guitarist forced to apologize and take time off for tweeting he liked Andy Ngo's book unmasking antifa.

Bachelorette host removed from his job after defending a contestant for attending an antebellum party 3 years ago. He wasnt defending such parties, just said that 3 years ago these parties were seen in a different light. Not good enuf.

You are correct. It is hard to imagine anyone defending this path we are on. Yet gh posters defend it. Outside of bill maher, media defends it. Xi is smiling - China uses social credit points to determine where one may vacation, study, or work.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
The right has for years wanted to cancel all sorts of people, now they are getting cancelled. I think its hilarious.

I have improper beliefs that I wouldn't verbalize ever. Some of cancel culture troubles me, but it is what it is. Don't be a dickhead, you can't get away with it anymore.

I am definitely not troubled by the world moving to be more inclusive.

justthefacts

Reaction score

A) It's Madison Cawthorn against the 1A here, not me.
B) Do you have an example of me not being in favor of protecting 1A rights?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Mumford and Son's guitarist forced to apologize and take time off for tweeting he liked Andy Ngo's book unmasking antifa.

Bachelorette host removed from his job after defending a contestant for attending an antebellum party 3 years ago. He wasnt defending such parties, just said that 3 years ago these parties were seen in a different light. Not good enuf.

You are correct. It is hard to imagine anyone defending this path we are on. Yet gh posters defend it. Outside of bill maher, media defends it. Xi is smiling - China uses social credit points to determine where one may vacation, study, or work.

Nothing in your post has anything to do with the 1st amendment

justthefacts

Reaction score
Republicans only pretend to care about the First Amendment so they can use it as a cudgel in service to their other goals

Wally

Reaction score
Requiring the national anthem is right out of the nazi playbook. It definitely doesn't say freedom.

Top Bottom