The Dunning - Kruger Effect on Gopher Hole

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
Why do posters like Howie, Dean S, Remember Murray and, especially Stoker, post so much while knowing so little?

The Dunning - Kruger Effect:

Deleted_User

Reaction score
This could be a very fun thread. Let me count all my faults. Do you have a lifetime, Veritas?

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Ergo - anyone with whom I disagree with is stupid.

Veritas - believe it or not, it is possible for reasonable, intelligent people to have different beliefs and different points of view. That does not inherently make people bad, or stupid, or evil. It just means they see things differently.

Now, that does not mean you have to like it, but if you're going to live in a world with other people, at some point you have to accept that some people are not like you. they don't think like you or believe the things you believe.

if you are just posting stuff on a message board to troll people, that's one thing.

but if you really believe this, well, it reminds me of a line from an old Roger Ebert movie review when he referred to a character as "rotting in his own masochistic hell."

Section2

Reaction score

Veritas - believe it or not, it is possible for reasonable, intelligent people to have different beliefs and different points of view. That does not inherently make people bad, or stupid, or evil. It just means they see things differently.

Now, that does not mean you have to like it, but if you're going to live in a world with other people, at some point you have to accept that some people are not like you. they don't think like you or believe the things you believe.

if you are just posting stuff on a message board to troll people, that's one thing.

but if you really believe this, well, it reminds me of a line from an old Roger Ebert movie review when he referred to a character as "rotting in his own masochistic hell."
I agree with you. There are smart and dumb people on both sides. Including Dean and Murray in that list is pretty ridiculous. Now Howie and Stroker? I mean, there is no argument against including them.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
As long as we are diagnosing each other, lack of empathy is one of the most striking features of narcissistic personality disorder, along with a feeling of superiority and a grandiose sense of self-importance.

In short, lighten up.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score

What does your post have to do with the Dunning - Kruger Effect?

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
As long as we are diagnosing each other, lack of empathy is one of the most striking features of narcissistic personality disorder, along with a feeling of superiority and a grandiose sense of self-importance.

In short, lighten up.
? ? What do your comments have to do with the Dunning-Kruger Effect? ?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
? ? What do your comments have to do with the Dunning-Kruger Effect? ?
Nothing. I took a required course in psychology at the University of Minnesota, and I'm going to use it.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I think this group of people is exceptionally knowledgeable.

stocker08

Reaction score
Well Veritas and burner already scrape the bottom of the intelligence barrel. GaG posted something about the DK effect a couple weeks back....probably as a response to one of the many idiotic posts by new OT dunce and OP, Veritas. I see that you busted out one of the remaining crayons that you haven't eaten and chicken scratched it down for later embarrassment.

Glad to see deuce show up to the party. Nobody thinks they know more than the $400/hour private highway economic genius (with no basic economic understanding) guy who takes a wicked faceplate in front of everyone and then claims it didn't happen.

This is fun. Three of the biggest jokes on the board in one place....trying to regain some composure.

Top Bottom