The coming lockdown extension.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
what percentage of those that lean Dem are of the religion that’s run by pedophile priests and believes a Pope serves a purpose?
So, it isn’t just having no religion that is bothersome, it’s having the less favored form of the correct religion that bothers people. Please inform me of the approved choices. So far, from my reading of the OTB, Jews, Moromons, Catholics and Muslims are to be mocked and possibly be denied full rights, as well as those who practice no religion at all. I wouldn’t have to dig past a week to find at least one post deriding each of these groups.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Oh so moving prevents airborne viral spreading. Wow. So if Target has 100 people in it while I’m there. 1-2 people cough near my walking path through Target, and I walk right into the airborne particles, that is safer than sitting with a family of 5 on a bar patio how....? Has someone confirmed this absurd walking vs sitting theory of yours? If so, have they been put into a special ed class yet?
The theory materialized in a special ed class

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Telling someone they shouldn’t be a Republican because they have a government job. what stupid ass stereotyping that is. “Oh gee, I work for the government now. I better give up all of my previously held beliefs and convictions before I start on Monday, time to switch sides. Didn't like the idea of free healthcare before, but that’s all changed now that I’m with the government!”

1. racists exist on both sides of the aisle. some might say more exist on the left.
2. Who actually likes feminists, besides feminists? Serious question.
3. explain what your idea of “foreigner“ is. Like will this “foreigner“ be moving to the U.S.? If so, will he/she contribute to our society? Milk our system? Bomb a U.S. landmark? It all depends before anyone could possibly answer such a vague thing.
4. Democrats never attend whacky churches? There aren’t hardcore Catholic Democrats? I’d say those hardcore Catholics are nutty.
5. Isn’t the disliking of “educated elites“ something that a lot of people on both the left and right can agree on?
1) Yes, but we are less likely to feel the need to translate our racism into policy.

2) Depends on the feminist

3) No, the Republican base doesn't want a case by case approach. They're opposed to immigration in the abstract. Personally, I'd swap five million foreigners for five million MAGAs every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

4) So, the original Christian church is a "whacky" church?

5) Well, I respect expertise no matter what field it's in. I don't want a dumb, uneducated doctor, lawyer, auto mechanic, contractor, or even politician.
4)

Section2

Reaction score
1) Yes, but we are less likely to feel the need to translate our racism into policy.

2) Depends on the feminist

3) No, the Republican base doesn't want a case by case approach. They're opposed to immigration in the abstract. Personally, I'd swap five million foreigners for five million MAGAs every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

4) So, the original Christian church is a "whacky" church?

5) Well, I respect expertise no matter what field it's in. I don't want a dumb, uneducated doctor, lawyer, auto mechanic, contractor, or even politician.
4)
1). !!!!!!!!!!

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Oh so moving prevents airborne viral spreading. Wow. So if Target has 100 people in it while I’m there. 1-2 people cough near my walking path through Target, and I walk right into the airborne particles, that is safer than sitting with a family of 5 on a bar patio how....? Has someone confirmed this absurd walking vs sitting theory of yours? If so, have they been put into a special ed class yet?
I won't bother to reply to the gratuitous, uninformed insult given that it's coming from this board's biggest reactionary nutcase. Yes, dosage matters. Touching something in a store briefly that someone touched an hour or two ago isn't the same size of concentrated dose as sitting next to people in a crowded environment where they are breathing (and maybe other things) next to you for an extended period of time. The source of that belief is an article written by an Ivy League physician and medical researcher. I'm not going to apologize for his "elite" credentials."

You wouldn't need to worry as much about a split second encounter in a store if you were willing to wear a mask but that would be too cooperative and unmanly for you. This is why Pence didn't wear a mask at Mayo despite being told to do so. He was afraid of looking weak to goons like you.

Section2

Reaction score
I won't bother to reply to the gratuitous, uninformed insult given that it's coming from this board's biggest reactionary nutcase. Yes, dosage matters. Touching something in a store briefly that someone touched an hour or two ago isn't the same size of concentrated dose as sitting next to people in a crowded environment where they are breathing (and maybe other things) next to you for an extended period of time. The source of that belief is an article written by an Ivy League physician and medical researcher. I'm not going to apologize for his "elite" credentials."

You wouldn't need to worry as much about a split second encounter in a store if you were willing to wear a mask but that would be too cooperative and unmanly for you. This is why Pence didn't wear a mask at Mayo despite being told to do so. He was afraid of looking weak to goons like you.
I agree 100%. Subways are risky. Planes. But can you tell me why police are taking peoples beach chairs away. Gotta keep moving. Outside?
The point is that government is not going to be able to create one set of rules that works for everyone in terms of managing risk. We need to do that on our own. You must see that right?

scools12

Reaction score
The vast majority of the left’s policies are built around using minority groups as pawns. Attempting to control them by convincing them everything is racist.

It’s your go to. You have used racism to the point the term is often meaningless.

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
What planet are you from? Realistically what percentage of the population, after what we've seen the last 6-8 weeks, do you see acting 100% as they did several months ago? Shaking hands, not washing their hands, hugging, going to work with a fever, not REMOTELY making an effort to social distance even just a little bit...? 5%? 10%?

This kind of fear mongering is what's going to be devastating to the country moving forward. Will there be a few idiots? Of course. Enough to somehow magically "rebound the entire country with a massive 'second wave'"? Stupid.
PLENTY. Every time I venture from home I find them. Every. Single. Time.

cncmin

Reaction score
I now have friends who's spouse's have been permanently laid off and their former employer is near bankruptcy.
Spock's words must someday be considered: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." When do we reach that point? I don't know, but I think it must be sooner than later.
Looks like we have some new potential sewers for poor ol' Panthadad.

Section2

Reaction score
PLENTY. Every time I venture from home I find them. Every. Single. Time.
You find a large percentage of people not washing hands, going to work with a fever, not making any effort to social distance? What are you venturing from home to do?

cncmin

Reaction score
You find a large percentage of people not washing hands, going to work with a fever, not making any effort to social distance? What are you venturing from home to do?
There are people all over the place in "public" areas not using masks, not taking precaution to wash their hands before handling stuff, etc. If everyone around you is wearing a mask, consider yourself unique (and you're probably lying or not caring enough to pay attention). This is not the case most places.

bga1

Reaction score
There are people all over the place in "public" areas not using masks, not taking precaution to wash their hands before handling stuff, etc. If everyone around you is wearing a mask, consider yourself unique (and you're probably lying or not caring enough to pay attention). This is not the case most places.
You have no idea who is washing their hands. Masks you can see, but who cares? Stay 6 feet away or go crawl under your bed. You will be fine. Stop being such a little Nazi.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
You don't want the economy to collapse, half the people in this state would like nothing better than total economic collapse for the next six months and three days. That is the problem, not so much COVID 19.
This is the problem with all of this.

"If you aren't in favor of opening everything up right now, you want the economy to collapse!"
"If you want everything to open up right now, you are ok with people dying!"

Both are ridiculous. Yeah there really are people that think we should huddle up in our homes for two years and there are those that still think the whole thing is a hoax. But the majority of people are somewhere in the middle. There's just disagreement as to when and how we get back to everything being opened again.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
If you're in a crowded store for an hour, what's the difference? I'm not even advocating for full capacity of bars or restaurants today, but why shouldn't at least half capacity be allowed?

If you don't want to stand in a crowded bar, that's totally up to you. I don't either, but it should be our choice and not the governments.
The problem with this, similar to driving drunk, is these actions can have an affect on other people. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but more just raising a question. How do we decide what should and shouldn't be the choice of the government?

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score

"If you aren't in favor of opening everything up right now, you want the economy to collapse!"

Both are ridiculous. Yeah there really are people that think we should huddle up in our homes for two years and there are those that still think the whole thing is a hoax. But the majority of people are somewhere in the middle. There's just disagreement as to when and how we get back to everything being opened again.
I respectfully disagree with your comment which I would have agreed with four years ago. Today, Trump Derangement Syndrome has really settled into the American left. Good people, like you, have this bias about everything, no matter how silly, about every single thing that happens in the world today. And that is the thing that most people get wrong about the word "bias". They think it is an unusual, "bad" thing. It is not, it is very common with most people about most things. A crime happens in Wisconsin, "stupid Badgers". A man drives into a tree. "Stupid men". Woman makes math error, "dumb blond". Today you can not, litterally, talk to any Democrat for five minutes without the topic turning to Trump this, or Trump that. I have not in my 74 years ever seen anything like this before in my life. What does this man have to do with this event? Damn, damn near nothing, just as is the case for every other leader in the world at every level of government except the leader of China.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
The problem with this, similar to driving drunk, is these actions can have an affect on other people. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but more just raising a question. How do we decide what should and shouldn't be the choice of the government?
Simple, when in any doubt whatsoever, the people are free individuals living in a free (get it?!) society. The burden is on the government to prove an overwhelming and crystal clear need for that restriction. Period. Then, pass a clear, limited law. "Thou shall not yell "Fire" in a crowed movie theater without such a fire existing."

bga1

Reaction score

Who is asking for "everything" right now? No one. That's a straw man. Restaurants at half capacity, retail stores? We can take a much smarter, more reasonable and fair approach than Walz is taking.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
The vast majority of the left’s policies are built around using minority groups as pawns. Attempting to control them by convincing them everything is racist.

It’s your go to. You have used racism to the point the term is often meaningless.
Nah, I don't use the race card often at all and I didn't call you a racist. I gave a smorgasbord of potential right wing grievances and invited you to pick the one that applied to you. If the key resentment wasn't among them, then it's likely one that I just didn't think of at the time.

bga1

Reaction score
There is no study that shows this to be true. In Germany a study showed the opposite. Casual contact and surface contact just don't tend to pass it. But if a person is nervous about public places- stay out of them. Let others go there.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with your comment which I would have agreed with four years ago. Today, Trump Derangement Syndrome has really settled into the American left. Good people, like you, have this bias about everything, no matter how silly, about every single thing that happens in the world today. And that is the thing that most people get wrong about the word "bias". They think it is an unusual, "bad" thing. It is not, it is very common with most people about most things. A crime happens in Wisconsin, "stupid Badgers". A man drives into a tree. "Stupid men". Woman makes math error, "dumb blond". Today you can not, litterally, talk to any Democrat for five minutes without the topic turning to Trump this, or Trump that. I have not in my 74 years ever seen anything like this before in my life. What does this man have to do with this event? Damn, damn near nothing, just as is the case for every other leader in the world at every level of government except the leader of China.
There's some truth to that but I think my point is still valid. Most people don't want to see the economy tank (see their neighbors and friends lose their jobs, businesses, etc.) just to make Trump look bad. In my experience it's pretty equal. There are some that will take advantage of any situation to blame Trump. And there are those that will look at every action by the left they disagree with and say it is just to make Trump look bad.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
You have no idea who is washing their hands. Masks you can see, but who cares? Stay 6 feet away or go crawl under your bed. You will be fine. Stop being such a little Nazi.
Ah...no. Nazis wanted people to do big things that caused great internal conflicts and efforts, like denouncing their neighbors, exposing hidden jews, burning villages, participating in mass executions, and fighting to the last man against a numerically superior Red Army. CNCMN is just asking people to do the little things that don't require much effort and have little downside.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Who is asking for "everything" right now? No one. That's a straw man. Restaurants at half capacity, retail stores? We can take a much smarter, more reasonable and fair approach than Walz is taking.
I didn't say anyone is. You completely missed the point. I gave examples of what people on each side of the argument are claiming of the other. And I said, they are both ridiculous. Just like the post I responded to said half the people want to see the economy tank.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
Ah...no. Nazis wanted people to do big things that caused great internal conflicts and efforts, like denouncing their neighbors, exposing hidden jews, burning villages, participating in mass executions, and fighting to the last man against a numerically superior Red Army. CNCMN is just asking people to do the little things that don't require much effort and have little downside.
Or what?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
It is unprecedented. Perhaps some of the reason is we haven't had a President with enough spare time to directly mock, troll, and name call his opposition in a public forum. I know some here see him as some kind of breath of fresh air, and the liberator of the long silent, long suffering conservative, but his leadership style tends to lean toward direct confrontation and division.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
There is no study that shows this to be true. In Germany a study showed the opposite. Casual contact and surface contact just don't tend to pass it. But if a person is nervous about public places- stay out of them. Let others go there.
So you're saying someone that has the virus could not spread it while in a crowded bar? How is it spreading then?

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Subways are risky. Planes. But can you tell me why police are taking peoples beach chairs away. Gotta keep moving. Outside?
The point is that government is not going to be able to create one set of rules that works for everyone in terms of managing risk. We need to do that on our own. You must see that right?
Yes, I do and I agree with you.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't say anyone is. You completely missed the point. I gave examples of what people on each side of the argument are claiming of the other. And I said, they are both ridiculous. Just like the post I responded to said half the people want to see the economy tank.
Who ever heard of such a thing before this issue? "Let's close down the economy for several months and that will make everything better." What the heck is that expected to do other than destroy the economy and many,many people's lives? Of course, with 100% certainty, that will destroy the economy. I'm an historian and economist and I have never heard of such a thing being done before. Stopping this now is the only way destruction of the economy can be avoided.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
There is no "or what." Just because we can't change all the people who refuse to do the little things to act responsibly doesn't mean we can't complain about them and/or try to avoid them.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
So you're saying someone that has the virus could not spread it while in a crowded bar? How is it spreading then?
Don't go anywhere you do not want to go to. Leave the rest of us alone to do the same.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
There is no "or what." Just because we can't change all the people who refuse to do the little things to act responsibly doesn't mean we can't complain about them and/or try to avoid them.
Leave us alone to have the same freedom. Let everyone make their own decisions when at all possible. Allow my neighbor to visit her dying husband. Let my neighbors go to work at their jobs if they want. My young neighbors sitting on their front porch sharring a beer with their friends offers no threat to me whatsoever. Etc., etc.

Top Bottom