The coming lockdown extension.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
No, the reverse: you shouldn't be a Republican because you have a government job. If they had the power for long enough, they would eliminate whatever collective bargaining rights you had and farm out your job to private interests so that a few people could get rich but the greater number of workers would make less compensation and benefits.

Let me guess, you're a Republican because you 1) don't like black people or other minorities, or 2) don't like feminists, or 3) don't like educated "elites," or 4) don't like foreigners, or 5) you belong to some wing nut church, or 6) some combination of all the above.
BAM!!! Race card thrown down on the table out of NOWHERE! BOOM!! Arugment OVER!

Section2

Reaction score
I am celebrating that I am alive today. Ain't nobody but me responsible for that. I don't know about y'all, but I am not going to blame things on anybody today. Not Trump. Not Walz. Not Xi. Not my wife.

I am taking a holiday from the blame game. Wish you would all join me in celebrating life.
Trump!!
Trump!!
Trump!!
Hey guys, how about we all agree to give Walz a break.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Man, that's a real dick post. Nothing worse than an illiberal preaching ass.
Yep, I'm the nastiest person on this board when I want to be. I don't do "passive" aggressiveness.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I used to think this way, and it was always pretty true. But not anymore. Huge numbers of state workers I work with in southern NV are GOP voters, and can't stand what's going on with the Dem party right now.
I'm not unsympathetic to that. Some of the social nonsense on both sides (and maybe even more so on the left) is nauseating. But, I have to go with what I consider the lesser of two evils. There are still a lot of moderates in the Democratic party and they still have power. Moderates have a much tougher time in the other party. Notice how the majority of the Democratic party was able to stop Sanders twice and it wasn't because of love for Biden.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
You answered your own question. You're not sitting at Walmart, Target, and HyVee. You're moving. Patio with some distancing might be all right. Sitting or standing inside a crowded bar? I won't do it.
If you're in a crowded store for an hour, what's the difference? I'm not even advocating for full capacity of bars or restaurants today, but why shouldn't at least half capacity be allowed?

If you don't want to stand in a crowded bar, that's totally up to you. I don't either, but it should be our choice and not the governments.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
If you're in a crowded store for an hour, what's the difference? I'm not even advocating for full capacity of bars or restaurants today, but why shouldn't at least half capacity be allowed?

If you don't want to stand in a crowded bar, that's totally up to you. I don't either, but it should be our choice and not the governments.
You and some random strangers can go stand next to each other in some parking lot. Why do you need a bar to do that?

“Liberty”/“rights” is lazy and not a valid justification. If you actually tried to make a logical argument for why they should be allowed to be open, you’d have a better chance.

bga1

Reaction score
When Walz was trending on twitter this afternoon a repeating theme was that people who were still happy with them said that he was doing an excellent job but they were concerned that he hasn't gotten them free apartment rent yet. :) Hey governor, we are enjoying the shutdown but could you cover our rent and send us a 6 pack? Who are these people?

diehard

Reaction score
You don't get it, do you? It's not safe to act normally in these times. You have to act differently. If you don't, you're irresponsible - not just for yourself, for others too. As far as deaths, you don't have to die from this for it to do major damage to your body. I'm also 63 so maybe I look at this a little more seriously than you do.
I'm 67. But then I'm immortal so that doesn't matter. :giggle:

howeda7

Reaction score
What are you talking about? A fair number of those restaurants are going to close because of what he did. You blame DT for everything, but Walz can have no impact at all?
They're going to close because he moved the deadline from May 4th to May 18th? Really?

howeda7

Reaction score
But isn't that the point? Even when given the "all-clear" we will still see a big range of how people act moving forward. Many businesses will likely still suffer but give them a chance to start the clock at least. Some people will act like nothing happened. Some people will still be very cautious to go anywhere. Others will still cross the street to avoid a crowd of three.
That will still happen. But re-opening was always going to happen in stages, especially when cases and deaths are still rising.

howeda7

Reaction score
Folks could always try the tactics of these Michigan Patriots.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
You answered your own question. You're not sitting at Walmart, Target, and HyVee. You're moving. Patio with some distancing might be all right. Sitting or standing inside a crowded bar? I won't do it.
Yes, but at Walmart/Target/HyVee, you're touching a lot more things & the volume of other people you're interacting with is exponentially higher.

Section2

Reaction score
Yes, but at Walmart/Target/HyVee, you're touching a lot more things & the volume of other people you're interacting with is exponentially higher.
You’re MOVING CRG. Science says the virus can’t hit you if you’re moving. Why do you hate science? Science said shopping at Target is ok but not at a tiny retail store with never more than 3 people in it. And god forgot I go to my local barber who is the only barber in the shop. I’d be sitting not moving. Just shut up and let the experts tell you what to do.

jamiche

Reaction score
This is such a clever and hard hitting jab. Really hit home for me. I imagine it took a long time to craft, so I just wanted to recognize you for the hard work. Kudos to you worthy adversary!!
Stop posting absurdities and we’ll stop referencing them, deuce.

jamiche

Reaction score
You’re MOVING CRG. Science says the virus can’t hit you if you’re moving. Why do you hate science? Science said shopping at Target is ok but not at a tiny retail store with never more than 3 people in it. And god forgot I go to my local barber who is the only barber in the shop. I’d be sitting not moving. Just shut up and let the experts tell you what to do.
Not much science in 1850, deuce. That’s why murkah was such a great country back then.

Section2

Reaction score
Stop posting absurdities and we’ll stop referencing them, deuce.
I don’t want you to stop. Keep posting private roads. It’s great. It wins all arguments automatically.

Section2

Reaction score
Not much science in 1850, deuce. That’s why murkah was such a great country back then.
No science at all in 1850. Science was actually invented first by FDR, not sure if you knew that.

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
About 24% of people who lean Democratic state "none" as their religious affiliation.
what percentage of those that lean Dem are of the religion that’s run by pedophile priests and believes a Pope serves a purpose?

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
They're going to close because he moved the deadline from May 4th to May 18th? Really?
You don’t think there are mom & pop shops in which 2 more weeks of no income is enough to close their doors permanently?

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
always have been, always will be. As long as we don’t let the current left achieve any of their goals.

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
Oh so moving prevents airborne viral spreading. Wow. So if Target has 100 people in it while I’m there. 1-2 people cough near my walking path through Target, and I walk right into the airborne particles, that is safer than sitting with a family of 5 on a bar patio how....? Has someone confirmed this absurd walking vs sitting theory of yours? If so, have they been put into a special ed class yet?

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
No, the reverse: you shouldn't be a Republican because you have a government job. If they had the power for long enough, they would eliminate whatever collective bargaining rights you had and farm out your job to private interests so that a few people could get rich but the greater number of workers would make less compensation and benefits.

Let me guess, you're a Republican because you 1) don't like black people or other minorities, or 2) don't like feminists, or 3) don't like educated "elites," or 4) don't like foreigners, or 5) you belong to some wing nut church, or 6) some combination of all the above.
Telling someone they shouldn’t be a Republican because they have a government job. what stupid ass stereotyping that is. “Oh gee, I work for the government now. I better give up all of my previously held beliefs and convictions before I start on Monday, time to switch sides. Didn't like the idea of free healthcare before, but that’s all changed now that I’m with the government!”

1. racists exist on both sides of the aisle. some might say more exist on the left.
2. Who actually likes feminists, besides feminists? Serious question.
3. explain what your idea of “foreigner“ is. Like will this “foreigner“ be moving to the U.S.? If so, will he/she contribute to our society? Milk our system? Bomb a U.S. landmark? It all depends before anyone could possibly answer such a vague thing.
4. Democrats never attend whacky churches? There aren’t hardcore Catholic Democrats? I’d say those hardcore Catholics are nutty.
5. Isn’t the disliking of “educated elites“ something that a lot of people on both the left and right can agree on?

Top Bottom