The coming lockdown extension.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Down with government subsidies, you communists! Now don't you dare touch my social security and my Medicare.
Believe it or not, not everyone thinks the Government is responsible for taking care of us - or others. We don’t all view Robin Hood as a hero.

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
1. I didn’t call you anything.
2. I absolutely answered your question.
You said I was making fun of them. Where did I do that? That was your reasoning for saying YES!

Why do I have to be called a name when I think what they do is wrong, but encourage them to do at will if that's their choice?

So I have to say it's good and right to not be called a name. I got it, bud!

Spoofin

Reaction score
You said I was making fun of them. Where did I do that? That was your reasoning for saying YES!

Why do I have to be called a name when I think what they do is wrong, but encourage them to do at will if that's their choice?

So I have to say it's good and right to not be called a name. I got it, bud!
Where did I say you made fun of anyone or call you a name. Are you that slow?

You responded to a post where I quoted/responded MJ making fun of gays and I implied he was a homophobic. You then created a different scenario and asked if that makes you homophobic. I pointed out the original scenario was and I said no to your scenario. Is this really that confusing to you?

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Spoofin,

If I believe it's wrong, but have no problem with them doing it into oblivion. .......how am I homophobic? Just give me the scoop!

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Where did I say you made fun of anyone or call you a name. Are you that slow?

You responded to a post where I quoted/responded MJ making fun of gays and I implied he was a homophobic. You then created a different scenario and asked if that makes you homophobic. I pointed out the original scenario was and I said no to your scenario. Is this really that confusing to you?
Spoof, at some point, you just have to ignore Gold. He's beyond obtuse.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I am called all sorts of things for not agreeing with something. If I stick up for an unborn baby, you hear what I am.

So, I'm ok with whatever you call me back.

You never touched my question by the way.
This really should be diagrammed.
1. Let me bring in an unrelated point.
2. Let me accuse you of drifting off the subject.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
Down with government subsidies, you communists! Now don't you dare touch my social security and my Medicare.
I don't get Social Security or Medicare as I did not work in this country very much. I do not believe in either program because I know working people will always have to pay for their own and the large number of recipients who pay virtually nothing into such programs. Government money can only come from one place: those of us who pay taxes. Just let people like me keep our own money and we will pay our own way in life. The rest of you can do the same.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
I don't get Social Security or Medicare as I did not work in this country very much. I do not believe in either program because I know working people will always have to pay for their own and the large number of recipients who pay virtually nothing into such programs. Government money can only come from one place: those of us who pay taxes. Just let people like me keep our own money and we will pay our own way in life. The rest of you can do the same.
Are you an American citizen? If so, did you not pay federal taxes?

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
Are you an American citizen? If so, did you not pay federal taxes?
I am, I do. So? Does not qualify me for either program. I worked my way through high school and university here but neither was sufficient to qualify here. That is why people should enter this country illegally if they want government to take care of them. Stupid, but not my law.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
I am, I do. So? Does not qualify me for either program. I worked my way through high school and university here but neither was sufficient to qualify here. That is why people should enter this country illegally if they want government to take care of them. Stupid, but not my law.
I'm sorry, I'm at sea here.

You have paid federal income tax, but you don't qualify for Social Security or Medicare?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Spoofin,

If I believe it's wrong, but have no problem with them doing it into oblivion. .......how am I homophobic? Just give me the scoop!
I never said you were. I said you were not. I also said you were slow and you are proving my point well there.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
That's absolute hogwash. Taxes, at least federal income taxes, are well below the percent of GDP and personal income levels of 40 years ago.
Taxes are not lower now than they were when I was young. The Feds have pushed all sorts of programs down onto the states and municpalities requiring them to pay for these programs. Welfare mandates, medical programs, environmental standards, energy standards, education standards, equality standards, you name it rules, regulations, legal standards, etc. Thus state taxes, county taxes, city taxes, use taxes, fees, etc. have exploded on the taxpayer. Each year before Trump the average worker has had to work later and later into the year in order to be not working only to pay taxes. Either you are fool for believing what you posted or you think we are fools by posting it.
I'm sorry, I'm at sea here.

You have paid federal income tax, but you don't qualify for Social Security or Medicare?
OK, so I can't resist, when have you not been at sea since you first voted Democratic?;) Both programs have nothing to do with paying taxes here. You have to work here ten years since the program was enacted here. For example, I had about 15 quarters of working here, not ten years. Nonetheless, I have been paying income tax here every year of my life since age 14. 60 years.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Taxes are not lower now than they were when I was young. The Feds have pushed all sorts of programs down onto the states and municpalities requiring them to pay for these programs. Welfare mandates, medical programs, environmental standards, energy standards, education standards, equality standards, you name it rules, regulations, legal standards, etc. Thus state taxes, county taxes, city taxes, use taxes, fees, etc. have exploded on the taxpayer. Each year before Trump the average worker has had to work later and later into the year in order to be not working only to pay taxes. Either you are fool for believing what you posted or you think we are fools by posting it.

OK, so I can't resist, when have you not been at sea since you first voted Democratic?;) Both programs have nothing to do with paying taxes here. You have to work here ten years since the program was enacted here. For example, I had about 15 quarters of working here, not ten years. Nonetheless, I have been paying income tax here every year of my life since age 14. 60 years.
Okay, thanks for the reply.

Even though we're all anonymous here, I don't want to pry any deeper because A) it's obviously none of my business and B) I don't want to be rude.

I would be curious to hear your story, but that may not be possible.

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
You can’t make posts like this and then expect people to believe you aren’t homophobic.
Can’t make jokes without being called homophobic? Whoops I forgot we live in an overly sensitive world now

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
There has been some back-and-forth on safe distancing and allowable levels of contact.

According to the Public Health Service director in SW MN, when they are doing contact tracing to determine whether someone has possibly been in contact with an infected person, the definition of "close contact" they use is:

having been within 6 feet of another person for a period of at least 10 minutes.

It has to do with the way the virus is spread, how droplets carry in the air, and other science stuff.

So, from that sense, walking around a retail store you are less likely to have close contact. But at a bar or restaurant, where people are sitting (or standing) in one place and talking/eating/drinking, there is a much higher opportunity for "close contact" to occur.

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
When you consider it a funny insult to call someone else gay and say things like “I don’t mind gays unless they hit on me”, I think you are homophobic. If you simply choose not to have sex with men I don’t think so. Fair enough?
So it’s homophobic to not want to be hit on by someone of the same sex? Weird take

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
On "opening up" - I work at a radio station and we carry the state medical briefing live every day. Walz is on some days - other days it's just the medical people.

As I understand it, what Walz is talking about is like this:

as stores plan to re-open, they need to have procedures in place to follow for social distancing, disinfecting, etc. I know a lot of places are installing the plastic shields at cash registers, etc. My local county Courthouse is installing the shields in preparation for re-opening to public business.

So the point is that there has to be a plan to re-open as safely as possible given the circumstances.
because, even though testing is picking up, we have tested less than 2% of the population of MN.

the next time you're out and about - look around. can you tell by looking who might have been exposed to an infectious disease? maybe they pass it to you. maybe you don't get sick, but you pass it to your elderly relative, or a friend with a compromised immune system.

we are going to be living with this until there is a vaccine. it sucks. but that is our new reality.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
On "opening up" - I work at a radio station and we carry the state medical briefing live every day. Walz is on some days - other days it's just the medical people.

As I understand it, what Walz is talking about is like this:

as stores plan to re-open, they need to have procedures in place to follow for social distancing, disinfecting, etc. I know a lot of places are installing the plastic shields at cash registers, etc. My local county Courthouse is installing the shields in preparation for re-opening to public business.

So the point is that there has to be a plan to re-open as safely as possible given the circumstances.
because, even though testing is picking up, we have tested less than 2% of the population of MN.

the next time you're out and about - look around. can you tell by looking who might have been exposed to an infectious disease? maybe they pass it to you. maybe you don't get sick, but you pass it to your elderly relative, or a friend with a compromised immune system.

we are going to be living with this until there is a vaccine. it sucks. but that is our new reality.
I think you're spot on. I think the re-opening of businesses with shields, etc., is not too far off in Minnesota.

It will be interesting to see when businesses like barbershops and gyms are allowed to re-open, and how they do it.

I need two things desperately: a haircut, and a real workout!

MennoSota

Reaction score
Sounds like you and I largely agree then, on this very simplistic level of principle.

Where I suspect we have disagreement, is what needs to be done to ensure fairness.
Perhaps.
I believe that small businesses can practice better social distancing and customer service than big box stores where hundreds of people are walking the halls of their stores. It is entirely unjust that small businesses have been shut down while Target, Walmart, Menards, etc., have been green lighted. Let small businesses work with the protocols and show you how quickly they can adapt and ensure the best for their clients.
But, big government feeds its cronies while caring little about the mom and pop store that works its @ss off to meet the local needs.

Do you disagree with my take?

MennoSota

Reaction score
You always think anybody who isn't part of your Echo Chamber is a Lenin communist. Garbage.
What a foolish universal statement. Such an ignorant comment is hardly worth responding to, except to point out its foolishness.

howeda7

Reaction score
"Keep your Government out of my Medicare" was the best sign of the "Tea Party" rallies.

howeda7

Reaction score
So it’s homophobic to not want to be hit on by someone of the same sex? Weird take
What do you do when a woman you're not attracted to hits on you? Get insecure and lash out, or say "no thanks."? It's probably hard to answer theoretical questions. Never mind.

howeda7

Reaction score
Perhaps.
I believe that small businesses can practice better social distancing and customer service than big box stores where hundreds of people are walking the halls of their stores. It is entirely unjust that small businesses have been shut down while Target, Walmart, Menards, etc., have been green lighted. Let small businesses work with the protocols and show you how quickly they can adapt and ensure the best for their clients.
But, big government feeds its cronies while caring little about the mom and pop store that works its @ss off to meet the local needs.

Do you disagree with my take?
It is my understanding that all business can now be open with the exception of bars and restaurants etc as long as they have a plan. Is that incorrect?

MennoSota

Reaction score
It is my understanding that all business can now be open with the exception of bars and restaurants etc as long as they have a plan. Is that incorrect?
Good question. I am under the idea that the small shops have to basically do curb side orders and no one can go inside the store. But, of course that is not what the big box stores have been required to do. Instead, because they have diversified products in the store, they have labeled themselves essential while the small shops that are individualized cannot open because they didn't meet the "essential" designation.
At present, I'm hearing of mom and pop stores that are dropping out because the government has handcuffed them.
This isn't a fair playing field.

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
What do you do when a woman you're not attracted to hits on you? Get insecure and lash out, or say "no thanks."? It's probably hard to answer theoretical questions. Never mind.

I know you are dumb, but women aren't the same sex as men.

Hell, Stocker could have deflected that question better.

Top Bottom