The Coming Lockdown Extension (Volume 3)

howeda7

Reaction score
And who are they polling? The Karen's of the world who have stay at home jobs, or are stay at home moms, and frequently tell people how they need to live their lives and raise their children via Facebook comments all day?
"They didn't ask me, so their poll means nothing." Got it.

bga1

Reaction score
And who are they polling? The Karen's of the world who have stay at home jobs, or are stay at home moms, and frequently tell people how they need to live their lives and raise their children via Facebook comments all day?
When people with low aspirations or spoiled people, lose their jobs or financial support they start polling differently. As long as they can get paid and stay home, they remain happy. Achievers are never happy with something like this.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
So...I just talked to a ranger at Split Rock Lighthouse State Park. They have no idea if they are going to be open for camping starting June 1st. He agreed with me that the wording is cryptic. He would love it if they will open for camping but the state has yet to make a decision on that.

So...how f'ing stupid would it be to not open state parks for camping. 99% of campground sites can't handle anywhere close to 10 people.
Yesterday's order explicitly calls out State Parks can open and disperse camping is allowed. Take a look at items 8a & 8l. It's right there. I don't think you have to worry too much.

The bigger question is whether parks can afford to fully open given the loss in state revenue. The parks may be open but they may not be able to fully staff yet.

Section2

Reaction score
Yesterday's order explicitly calls out State Parks can open and disperse camping is allowed. Take a look at items 8a & 8l. It's right there. I don't think you have to worry too much.

The bigger question is whether parks can afford to fully open given the loss in state revenue. The parks may be open but they may not be able to fully staff yet.
any idea when the DMV is going to open? I want to be first in line.

bga1

Reaction score
I think we can both agree that much of this has been mishandled. You either treat a global pandemic like what it is or you don’t. You can’t half ass it like what’s largely been done across the board. Now the question is will people take off their blue or red tie and acknowledge that we’ve all been let down or are we so entrenched in furthering the divide that we could care less about the loss of 85,000 people and counting. Surely we can’t put those lives down to being collateral damage. Judging by this thread and most of social media, maybe we can. At least we’ll be scoring political points on the way down
Look, real problem solving was never going to be allowed by the left. Let's be real. As soon as this began they were looking for ways to utilize this against Trump and in the end they settled on ruining the economy. You can see it by the posts here. They are THRILLED to post bad news, no matter how unsubstantiated it may be. The real solution was always to protect the elderly and obtain herd immunity for the rest of us. The data we got from Wuhon showed us exactly who the targets were, that was the one piece of accurate info we culled from China.

However, Fauci and the scientific community don't do solutions, they model and solve problems only for one dimension to protect their own backsides and make themselves sure heroes. One step by the government away from Fauci and the impeachment proceedings would have started immediately. The media gave 100% support to Fauci and sharpened their axes waiting for Trump to depart from the instructions of the most high Fauci.

We should have protected the nursing homes with a total firewall. Triple the pay for caregivers (would have cost billions instead of trillions). Two weeks on two weeks off. During the on weeks it is work and quarantine. Return to work and get tested, or you can't come in. We would have sent the whole rest of the country to work using good social distancing techniques and hand washing. We could have skipped these stupid trillion dollar payments and we would be nearing herd immunity right now with far less deaths than we have now and far less future fear impending.

Now we have ruined the economy and we may only have something bordering herd immunity in NYC. The rest of the country now waits for round 2 and this thing is going to hang over us like a dark cloud. Fear will persist. We have 85,000 dead, a pummeled economy and nothing to show for it in terms of saved lives that I can see. We let the disease get to the most vulnerable. Minnesota is one of the worst in terms of solving the problem. This should have been one of the easiest states to work this out in because of our medical community and relatively sparse population.

I am not coming in and criticizing people after the fact- I proposed this solution here two months ago. The politicization of this ruins the ability to resolve the problems. All of it started from the left.

tikited

Me
Reaction score

I read it. Wonder why the actual state park rangers still are unsure?

Panthadad2

Reaction score

Remote/dispersed campsites open (backpack camping). Recreational camping still closed. That sucks.

"Dispersed and remote camping sites for single household use. A dispersed campsite is a single campsite, not in a developed campground, used for overnight camping. A remote campsite is a designated backpack or watercraft campsite, not in a developed campground, used for overnight camping. Both private and public developed campgrounds remain closed to recreational camping."

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Found this in an article in the Strib:

New York-based data scientist and machine-learning expert Youyang Gu has produced national and state-specific models that show Minnesota’s social distancing and mitigation strategies have successfully brought the state’s level of transmission just a hair below a self-sustaining outbreak.

The model — one of a dozen tracked by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — uses death data to conclude that Minnesota has moved just slightly below 1.0 in a critical threshold that measures how many people a person with the virus is expected to infect, known as the virus’ reproductive rate.

Using that reproduction rate, the model predicts daily deaths from COVID-19 in Minnesota will peak at 117 fatalities per day during the last week of June, and then taper to about 60 deaths per day by the first week of August. (No model is perfect, but Gu noted his model came within two days of correctly predicting the date when the U.S. would hit 80,000 deaths, which happened Monday.)

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Found this in an article in the Strib:

New York-based data scientist and machine-learning expert Youyang Gu has produced national and state-specific models that show Minnesota’s social distancing and mitigation strategies have successfully brought the state’s level of transmission just a hair below a self-sustaining outbreak.

The model — one of a dozen tracked by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — uses death data to conclude that Minnesota has moved just slightly below 1.0 in a critical threshold that measures how many people a person with the virus is expected to infect, known as the virus’ reproductive rate.

Using that reproduction rate, the model predicts daily deaths from COVID-19 in Minnesota will peak at 117 fatalities per day during the last week of June, and then taper to about 60 deaths per day by the first week of August. (No model is perfect, but Gu noted his model came within two days of correctly predicting the date when the U.S. would hit 80,000 deaths, which happened Monday.)
Am I going to the wrong page because this shows MN never gets to more than 41 in a day.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
State parks can open but their developed campground facilities, if they have any, must remain closed. Seems reasonable to me. You’re basically talking about temporary RV trailer parks.

But this looks targeted at the Boundary Waters, ie real camping.

Panthadad2

Reaction score
State parks can open but their developed campground facilities, if they have any, must remain closed. Seems reasonable to me. You’re basically talking about temporary RV trailer parks.

But this looks targeted at the Boundary Waters, ie real camping.
No doubt, its targeted to tent camping in remote sites. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense though as almost all RV units now days are self contained, and easily "social distanced" whereas tents are not. With a tent, you either use a communal bathroom (the reason the parks are shutdown) or take a dump on the ground. Again, it makes no sense.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
No doubt, its targeted to tent camping in remote sites. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense though as almost all RV units now days are self contained, and easily "social distanced" whereas tents are not. With a tent, you either use a communal bathroom (the reason the parks are shutdown) or take a dump on the ground. Again, it makes no sense.
Sounds like it's "dump on the ground" then. As nature intended.

Makes sense to me that you can reopen RV parks if you simply limit stall occupancy.

I have a feeling a lot of these "plans" to allow a full reopening on June 1st are going to be something like "make a reasonable, good faith effort greater than zero to say that you did 'something' that seems like it should help, and we'll rubber stamp you".

How can you ever prove anything? Unless it's just gross negligence or outright flaunting the spirit of safety.

Section2

Reaction score
8am Monday! You may want to camp out the night before.
Do I have to make sure my camp is 6 ft away from the others? Thanks, I may have to get there right at 8 and see if I can get in and out quick.

bga1

Reaction score
Once you start controlling people and taking away their freedom...a lot of stupid decisions get made. Once the left takes the power to do so, it is intoxicating to them. They like it. More follows.

Section2

Reaction score
Once you start controlling people and taking away their freedom...a lot of stupid decisions get made. Once the left takes the power to do so, it is intoxicating to them. They like it. More follows.
California is going to be really interesting to watch. There are a TON of dedicated liberals, but there's probably more non political people who this ridiculous 3 month shutdown is going to wake up. They may not want to move to all mail voting.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
Do I have to make sure my camp is 6 ft away from the others? Thanks, I may have to get there right at 8 and see if I can get in and out quick.
I've found the best time to go is 10am. You miss the opening, lunch, and afternoon rushes. Never a line when I go at 10.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
any idea when the DMV is going to open? I want to be first in line.
The DMV still isn't open here in NV. Thing is, they started doing online appointments a few years ago, works great, you walk in around your time and hardly wait. Absolutely no clue why they could not have gone to appointment ONLY a few weeks ago; you don't get to go inside until it's your time and you get called by someone manning the door. Seems pretty simple. The only people inside would be the DMV folks at the booths and the people at their window when it's their turn; you don't have 100-200 people waiting around inside.

Section2

Reaction score
The DMV still isn't open here in NV. Thing is, they started doing online appointments a few years ago, works great, you walk in around your time and hardly wait. Absolutely no clue why they could not have gone to appointment ONLY a few weeks ago; you don't get to go inside until it's your time and you get called by someone manning the door. Seems pretty simple. The only people inside would be the DMV folks at the booths and the people at their window when it's their turn; you don't have 100-200 people waiting around inside.
DMV here used to be pretty slick to make an appt a few years ago. But this year, I tried to make an appt in march and it was booked out to June. makes no sense.

Top Bottom