The Coming Lockdown Extension (Volume 3)

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Sometimes the truth is extreme. Follow the truth, not the middle. The middle sometimes is objective and sometimes they are just uninformed or don't care. So that isn't necessarily where truth resides.
Your (fake) truth is somehow always at the extreme.

You need to live somewhere else.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Not sure if it has been mentioned - but Walz is doing an address/press conference at 6pm tonight (Wednesday).

According to some of the Twin Cities reporters (Tom Hauser and Blois Olson), Walz will announce that he is extending his peacetime emergency powers for another month.

then, he is supposed to give an update on the stay-at-home order. "Sources say" that Walz will announce plans for more businesses to re-open if they follow certain guidelines. Could also give a timeline for when bars and restaurants will be able to re-open to the public - again with guidelines to follow.

It would be nice if the Governors had a national plan to follow for re-opening. You know, like the guidelines the CDC prepared and the White House told them they could not publish.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I can't stand this as well. Not even close to being the truth. Some are allowed to work and others aren't. How can the word together be used when we are apart with so much of this.
That disproves that society exists? Lame.

His statement was exactly saying nothing more than we all live in the same society.

People desperately grasping for wrong, false ways to interpret what was actually said.

Guess what: “you didn’t build that”.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Not sure if it has been mentioned - but Walz is doing an address/press conference at 6pm tonight (Wednesday).

According to some of the Twin Cities reporters (Tom Hauser and Blois Olson), Walz will announce that he is extending his peacetime emergency powers for another month.

then, he is supposed to give an update on the stay-at-home order. "Sources say" that Walz will announce plans for more businesses to re-open if they follow certain guidelines. Could also give a timeline for when bars and restaurants will be able to re-open to the public - again with guidelines to follow.

It would be nice if the Governors had a national plan to follow for re-opening. You know, like the guidelines the CDC prepared and the White House told them they could not publish.
Walz will extend his emergency powers to June 12. That is known.

Watch posters rush on here tonight screaming about the lockdown being extended to June 12.

howeda7

Reaction score
It would be nice if we had those guidelines. Or any coherent national strategy. At all. But we don't. Supposedly they're releasing them "soon" you know, after every state has already re-opened.

Panthadad2

Reaction score

Walz could just copy states that actually know what they're doing. Open with county specific guidelines. Texas, Florida, et al. It's not a novel plan.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
That disproves that society exists? Lame.

His statement was exactly saying nothing more than we all live in the same society.

People desperately grasping for wrong, false ways to interpret what was actually said.

Guess what: “you didn’t build that”.
The phrase is stupid because it is. We aren't together. We are apart. All I ask is to use a phrase that actually makes sense.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
It is all political. Trump restricted travel early on so of course the dems/press (redundant) said that was wrong. If Trump had early on been promoting the extended lockdowns he would be getting hammered for that. He will never be allowed credit for any position he takes.
Repubs are certainly not beyond political games as well - see Judge Garland. Just that the dems have the huge advantage of owning the press/ hollywood/educational system.
If I recall, no one hammered Trump when he released the 3 Phases guideline. They hammered him for the subsequent inconsistency.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
If I recall, no one hammered Trump when he released the 3 Phases guideline. They hammered him for the subsequent inconsistency.
So we can hammer walz for the incomplete inconsistencies?

golf

Reaction score
The truth is almost always in the middle.
Of course they hammered him, but for sure no one is perfect in their response to this. Including who, China, dems, press. My point was that early on the press hammered him for being too tough. Then felt he was more vulnerable from another direction so reversed their narrative.

bga1

Reaction score
You recall wrongly. He was widely panned by the left for leaving the burden of opening to the states. He was criticized for offering the plan and then encouraging the states with the least problem to go ahead and start opening. "free Wyoming" etc. That got people mad. There is nothing that Trump does from the time he gets up in the morning that makes the left happy.

MNGopher23

Reaction score
Fact- there are bad consequences to sex outside of marriage- many unwanted babies
Truth- we humans cannot seem to control our urges, despite that fact that our actions can be harmful- to resolve those issues we sometimes do something else that is wrong and abort children- but we justify it in the name of women's rights
Solutions-
Solution A- abort all of the children that are products of these errors
Solution B- adopt all of the children or be single parents
Solution C- abort some adopt some keep some, adopt some
A lot of people would say - hey solution C is a good middle ground solution
But the truth is still that sex outside of marriage is a mistake and abortion is wrong. The truth is extreme.
Our solutions often have to be in the middle in order to carry on.
Forget to take your happy pills today?

bga1

Reaction score
Oh boy this is a beauty of an article:
1. Social distancing doesn't work as well as they thought- need total lock downs to have it really work
2. The new model they are using projects 1700 deaths by the end of May in Minnesota. So we are at 638 now- that would mean that we would average nearly 60 deaths per day for the rest of the month.
3. We have 3702 ventilators available and a total of 562 in use by all patients (I think 190 covid). Lots of excess capacity...

Now this beauty:
The latest modeling prediction of deaths in Minnesota remains substantially higher than predictions in other models around the U.S. State researchers have stressed that the goal of the modeling is not to predict precise death estimates, but rather to show how changes in social conditions could reduce cases and deaths.

While the stay-at-home order buys time for hospitals to prepare and to reduce deaths, it won't itself "flatten the curve" and reduce the peak of cases unless it continues for a much longer period of time, Gildemeister said.

"You would have to have some form of mitigation like a stay-at-home order that reached into September," he said, stressing that he wasn't recommending that course to policymakers. "Again, maybe that is entirely undesirable and not worth the trade-off, but if flattening (of the curve) is what we are looking for, that is one of the tools that is available to us."

THIS

IS

NUTS

bga1

Reaction score
Forget to take your happy pills today?
Life is awesome for me. I have an essential business that is doing well. I feel for my fellow citizens and mourn the potential loss of our country. I am truly blessed and I want people I love to be blessed in the future.

Reactions: SDR

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
You recall wrongly. He was widely panned by the left for leaving the burden of opening to the states. He was criticized for offering the plan and then encouraging the states with the least problem to go ahead and start opening. "free Wyoming" etc. That got people mad. There is nothing that Trump does from the time he gets up in the morning that makes the left happy.
That's true. I meant more the actual guidelines than enforcement. But you're right. I remember Walz voicing concerns about people coming to MN from less-restrictive states. So yes, governors like Walz probably pushed for broader enforcement. But he also wasn't a fan of the President forcing states to reopen. As for for the actual guidelines, though, it seems like most were/are in agreement.

Section2

Reaction score
It would be nice if we had those guidelines. Or any coherent national strategy. At all. But we don't. Supposedly they're releasing them "soon" you know, after every state has already re-opened.
we shouldn't even have a statewide strategy, let alone a national one. our national strategy was dumb.

balds

Reaction score
Oh boy this is a beauty of an article:
1. Social distancing doesn't work as well as they thought- need total lock downs to have it really work
2. The new model they are using projects 1700 deaths by the end of May in Minnesota. So we are at 638 now- that would mean that we would average nearly 60 deaths per day for the rest of the month.
3. We have 3702 ventilators available and a total of 562 in use by all patients (I think 190 covid). Lots of excess capacity...

Now this beauty:
The latest modeling prediction of deaths in Minnesota remains substantially higher than predictions in other models around the U.S. State researchers have stressed that the goal of the modeling is not to predict precise death estimates, but rather to show how changes in social conditions could reduce cases and deaths.

While the stay-at-home order buys time for hospitals to prepare and to reduce deaths, it won't itself "flatten the curve" and reduce the peak of cases unless it continues for a much longer period of time, Gildemeister said.

"You would have to have some form of mitigation like a stay-at-home order that reached into September," he said, stressing that he wasn't recommending that course to policymakers. "Again, maybe that is entirely undesirable and not worth the trade-off, but if flattening (of the curve) is what we are looking for, that is one of the tools that is available to us."

THIS

IS

NUTS
I watched the model rollout today. It was completely insane. They threw out numbers and had no way to defend them and actually talked circularly into saying they're completely meaningless and that data points they are using are worthless. BUT, they are important and if we lockdown more they will have more time to refine the model. And it' based on SCIENCE.

If every Minnesotan made out with every other Minnesotan every day for the next month, we might get to the 29,500 deaths their model lists as a consequence if we end the stay at home order on May 18.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The phrase is stupid because it is. We aren't together. We are apart. All I ask is to use a phrase that actually makes sense.
You're not in society? Lame. It makes perfect sense, you're trying desperately for a way to misinterpret it, to keep yourself angry. :cautious:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
It would be nice if Walz kicked Osterholm in the nuts.
Why would he do that to the premier expert in the state, and one of the top experts in the world, on the subject that he critically needs expert advising at this time?? How silly

tikited

Me
Reaction score
You're not in society? Lame. It makes perfect sense, you're trying desperately for a way to misinterpret it, to keep yourself angry. :cautious:
Nope. It is a cliche that means nothing. We are not in this together in any way other than we are all human beings. I didn't have to get desperate about it at all.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Nope. It is a cliche that means nothing. We are not in this together in any way other than we are all human beings. I didn't have to get desperate about it at all.
You're in society, you owe taxes, you are not self-sufficient, you depend on others. You didn't build that.

It is a correct saying, you are false. :cautious:

Top Bottom