The Biden post-election market surge is the best for a new president in modern history

Spoofin

Reaction score
Is the plan to follow the Dow Jones on a daily basis and apply praise or blame on Joe Biden for how he is doing that day? Great plan. He is doing well today!

justthefacts

Reaction score
Is the plan to follow the Dow Jones on a daily basis and apply praise or blame on Joe Biden for how he is doing that day? Great plan. He is doing well today!

I'm not attributing it to Biden. I'm attributing it to the fact both houses of Congress are controlled by Democrats.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Kju8zvI.png

EhhzySI.png

Spoofin

Reaction score
Was the original post about today's gains only? Maybe you're the one who is dishonest to the core. Ever think of that?
No, unlike many on here I am honest. My opinions aren't always popular, but I don't resort to lies or crazy statements like "the FBI is lying" to defend them.

I poked at how ridiculous it is to credit or blame Biden for short term market moves and your response was to screen capture a post I made prior to the election on a long-term market prediction. That is dishonest. BTW - the post you quoted was a joke. I don't think the market will go down because Biden is in office... I do, howeer, think it will go down because of a D controlled congress.

justthefacts

Reaction score
No, unlike many on here I am honest. My opinions aren't always popular, but I don't resort to lies or crazy statements like "the FBI is lying" to defend them.

I poked at how ridiculous it is to credit or blame Biden for short term market moves and your response was to screen capture a post I made prior to the election on a long-term market prediction. That is dishonest. BTW - the post you quoted was a joke. I don't think the market will go down because Biden is in office... I do, howeer, think it will go down because of a D controlled congress.

How much? And by when?

Angry

Reaction score
Let’s be real here, unless Mr Magoo gets unemployment back to where they were this time last year, his presidency is a complete and utter failure. 4 years should be more than enough time. If he does that, wage gains for low and middle class will come and I will sing his praises.

USAF

Reaction score

You knew on November 2nd there'd be a Democratic controlled congress?

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Biden was predicted to win the election. Something else unexpected happened on Election Day that caused the market to surge. Dig deep and think hard. You know the answer but are embarrassed to type it.
You're the guy saying the markets would tank if Biden won.

You're very bad at trolling.

Spoofin

Reaction score
How much? And by when?
You make me laugh sometimes. If you think I know enough to predict the magnitude of market changes, you have way over-estimated me. My opinion is "down" over the next year or so.

I'll put it this way.....
- In March, 2020 when the market was very low I picked out a few 'staples' (travel, alcohol) that I felt would rebound well and bought stock. Result: Win. Staying long on these as well.
- In early 2021, when I started to believe the market as a whole would go down (long-term), I re-balanced my portfolio to be much less aggressive. Result: TBD.

You win some, you lose some, but that is my prediction.
How much do you think it will go up and by when?

howeda7

Reaction score
I'm a lefty through and through, but am anticipating a correction.
Normally yes, but the economy can't actually get get much worse and should gear up as the masses get the vaccine. I for one want go on about 12 vacations even I can only realistically do 2.

If there is a correction I don't see it being huge or long-lived. I could see Dow 25,000 by April and 33,000 again by September or something like that.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Again, just how old are you?
Old enough to know you and your team are now responsible. I know you want no part of that little fact, and that is just too darn bad, bad.

You will be one of the leaders of the Biden Apologist Tour. Mark it down.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Old enough to know you and your team are now responsible. I know you want no part of that little fact, and that is just too darn bad, bad.

You will be one of the leaders of the Biden Apologist Tour. Mark it down.
Adults embrace challenge and responsibility. You talk like a toddler.

justthefacts

Reaction score
You make me laugh sometimes. If you think I know enough to predict the magnitude of market changes, you have way over-estimated me. My opinion is "down" over the next year or so.

I'll put it this way.....
- In March, 2020 when the market was very low I picked out a few 'staples' (travel, alcohol) that I felt would rebound well and bought stock. Result: Win. Staying long on these as well.
- In early 2021, when I started to believe the market as a whole would go down (long-term), I re-balanced my portfolio to be much less aggressive. Result: TBD.

You win some, you lose some, but that is my prediction.
How much do you think it will go up and by when?
I think over any given 10 year window it will average 7% gains.

I'm not the one who said it would go down because of a Democratically controlled Congress. (I did make a reference to the Congress earlier, but I was making fun of a previous post of yours)

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Adults embrace challenge and responsibility. You talk like a toddler.
Hmmm....challenges.

China.
Middle East.

Responsibility.....

Secure borders

The only adult in DC just left, bad. Now, it is all on you and your team. You seem to be unwilling to accept your new responsibilities and only want to talk smack about others. You, bad, are on the clock. Step up.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
• Gas is currently $2.21 per gallon.
• Interest rates are 2.25 percent for a 30-year mortgage.
• The stock market closed at 30829.40 though we have been fighting COVID for 11 months.
• Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33.1 percent.
• We had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well.
• We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years.
• North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles.
• ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years.
• The housing market is the strongest it has been in years.
• Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell well.
• And let’s not forget that peace deals in the Middle East were signed by 4 countries—unprecedented!
• Unemployment sits at 6.7% in spite of COVID.

MennoSota

Reaction score
I'm interested to see how the economy runs when Biden enforces a minimum wage of $15 an hour across every area in the US. Let's see what happens when business owners jack up prices on all goods and services in response to an artificial, government entanglement in the market.
More uneducated or undereducated person's will lose their jobs. More automated mechanisms will replace them and even more people will be sucking at the government's teat for bread and basic needs. More and more Democratic Party members will gain wealth while the ones they supposedly represent will be standing in bread lines and watching their houses be foreclosed.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I'm interested to see how the economy runs when Biden enforces a minimum wage of $15 an hour across every area in the US. Let's see what happens when business owners jack up prices on all goods and services in response to an artificial, government entanglement in the market.
More uneducated or undereducated person's will lose their jobs. More automated mechanisms will replace them and even more people will be sucking at the government's teat for bread and basic needs. More and more Democratic Party members will gain wealth while the ones they supposedly represent will be standing in bread lines and watching their houses be foreclosed.
$15 min wage is a Terrible idea (Capital T). The theory that businesses will just take a decrease in profits defies all logic and sense. I suspect most the legislators pushing for it understand it will result in higher prices, less employed, and more apathy from those that survive. But hey, they get votes at someone else’s expense.

howeda7

Reaction score
More and more Democratic Party members will gain wealth while the ones they supposedly represent will be standing in bread lines and watching their houses be foreclosed.
Code Red! Tiny cracked the code! You must use the Men In Black memory erasure on him 1st thing at the Camp, followed by a severe beating

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
$15 min wage is a Terrible idea (Capital T). The theory that businesses will just take a decrease in profits defies all logic and sense. I suspect most the legislators pushing for it understand it will result in higher prices, less employed, and more apathy from those that survive. But hey, they get votes at someone else’s expense.
Don't go ruining the orgasm and post-inauguration euphoria for the lefties on the board so soon. They're going to wake up tomorrow morning and realize that their still living the same shitty life that they have been for the last 2, 6, 10 years as the lipstick and shine wear off the new administration. You have to give them at least today to enjoy, don't you? Tomorrow morning, the face of their victory and their hope for the future will be Big Joe. Isn't that punishment enough?

Spoof, you should be hoping for $15 min wage; we'll see record high unemployment, higher prices across the board at just about any business you can think of, and the 2022 and 2024 will be an absolute whitewash for the GOP. $15 min wage will crush millions of Americans. Nobody knows unintended consequences like the Dems.... but then again, is it really "unintended"? More often than not, it seems the goal of the Dems is actually to keep the downtrodden held down, in their place, and under their thumb and keep promising them they're the ones best suited to bring them back to the good life. Wash, rinse, repeat

Wally

Reaction score

Allows their employees to spend more which will boost the economy.

Remember Henry Ford?
Wanted his employees to be able to buy the car they were making. To bad that sentiment has been lost...

justthefacts

Reaction score

You would think that if it was a Capital T Terrible idea, the effects would be more clear in Seattle, which raised its minimum in 2014.

MtPYkfv.png

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
You would think that if it was a Capital T Terrible idea, the effects would be more clear in Seattle, which raised its minimum in 2014.

MtPYkfv.png

Holy Jesus, studies from Cal-Berkeley and UW, posted on CNBC no less! How stupid do they expect people to be? If I'm a small business owner, and I have largely minimum wage staff, I'm going to make changes. Increase the min to $15? Okay, what I used to do with 15 employees, I'll now figure out how to do with 10. The other 5? Totally cool, the government will take care of them, put them on the dole for as long as we need.

JTF, even you can't be this stupid, right? No matter how many "studies" you dig up? If this wage increase happens, do you want to make any wagers on the unemployment numbers 1 or 2 years from now? Clearly you believe this won't have a negative impact, hell, might even result in REDUCED unemployment, right??

Even without this change, Biden and crew are going to push unemployment numbers to record highs. Not a single doubt in my mind. Zero. This will be a shambles for the working man, but Biden and the Dems will try to cast it all on Trump as long as they can, tell you they just need another 2, 4, 8 years to get it straightened out

Top Bottom