The Biden post-election market surge is the best for a new president in modern history

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Stocks have gained about 13% since Election Day as of Tuesday, a day before Joe Biden's inauguration — marking the the best post-election market performance for a new president in modern history, according to CFRA Research.

The second-biggest surge was from late 1960 to early 1961, when John F. Kennedy defeated Richard Nixon, and the S&P 500 rose 8.8%. The market continued to rally during JFK's first 100 days in office, rising another 8.9%.

Investors seem hopeful that Biden, along with a Democrat-controlled House and Senate, will work with Republicans to quickly pass another stimulus bill.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/investing/biden-stock-market-election-inauguration/index.html

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Let’s see now.........Joe and the GT getting credit before taking office. Duly noted.

howeda7

Reaction score
The markets want stability and an end to mass death. Not surprising.
Dead people don't buy a lot of Iphones. Neither do people who are worried the government might be overthrown by an angry white nationalist mob next Tuesday.

John Galt

Reaction score
Biden was predicted to win the election. Something else unexpected happened on Election Day that caused the market to surge. Dig deep and think hard. You know the answer but are embarrassed to type it.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Biden was predicted to win the election. Something else unexpected happened on Election Day that caused the market to surge. Dig deep and think hard. You know the answer but are embarrassed to type it.

Woah... woah, what??? No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

TRAFALGAR, the only pollsters worth their weight in beans according to every last boot lickin' randy dandy here, predicted Trump would win. All other polls got mocked and derided for being outdated and fake. NONE of them could touch the rarified air of Trafalgar, the "only accurate poll genii in the entire universe to pick Donald Trump in 2016"!

There's no way Joe Biden could have gotten more votes than Diaper Don, the most popular POTUS in history. It's impossible! So impossible the only way Joe could have won, was with fraud! Fraud FRAUD FraaaaAAAAAAaaauuuuuuud!

So don't you go try to tell me anybody PREDICTED Joe could or would win the presidency. Hogwash!

USAF

Reaction score
LOL.

BTW, 100,000 covid deaths since election day.

But you knew that. You're just a dishonest hack.

John Galt

Reaction score
Woah... woah, what??? No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

TRAFALGAR, the only pollsters worth their weight in beans according to every last boot lickin' randy dandy here, predicted Trump would win. All other polls got mocked and derided for being outdated and fake. NONE of them could touch the rarified air of Trafalgar, the "only accurate poll genii in the entire universe to pick Donald Trump in 2016"!

There's no way Joe Biden could have gotten more votes than Diaper Don, the most popular POTUS in history. It's impossible! So impossible the only way Joe could have won, was with fraud! Fraud FRAUD FraaaaAAAAAAaaauuuuuuud!

So don't you go try to tell me anybody PREDICTED Joe could or would win the presidency. Hogwash!
Are you changing your tune? I could have swore y’all claimed that Trump was unpopular and Biden was always leading in the polls that mattered?

John Galt

Reaction score
LOL.

BTW, 100,000 covid deaths since election day.

But you knew that. You're just a dishonest hack.
This is the lowest level of thought - one that comes from a complete shill. What did the Democratic Congress do to help the situation? What about New York and Cuomo, the worst state in terms of deaths in the country? And I suppose that all the deaths starting tomorrow will be attributed to Biden, right? Or let me guess, he gets a pass for the next 2 years...

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
The stimulus checks will be sent out, and that money will find its way back to Wall Street.

USAF

Reaction score
This is the lowest level of thought - one that comes from a complete shill. What did the Democratic Congress do to help the situation? What about New York and Cuomo, the worst state in terms of deaths in the country? And I suppose that all the deaths starting tomorrow will be attributed to Biden, right? Or let me guess, he gets a pass for the next 2 years...
LOLOLOLOL

You bring up "something else happened" and then when caught with your pants down, try to change the subject.

You're not clever enough for this, Galt.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Jesus, not even the Cruzer and the other mindless libs are stupid enough to believe this surge was related to the prospect of the man who can't find his way out of the basement leading the charge. If given multiple choices on this one, the average idiot off the street would have to attribute anything positive to the introduction of a vaccine, among a handful of other things...

But this isn't the story you're going to see when you control the media

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
okay I will take the bait. I do expect a decrease in the hospitalization rates and deaths starting about 1 month in. Getting a plan for vaccine distribution, steady communications about the importance of mask wearing, and money to supply the public health systems in each state will cause the curve to drop. If it doesn't I will be disappointed. Virus under control means economy coming back. It's not rocket science.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
okay I will take the bait. I do expect a decrease in the hospitalization rates and deaths starting about 1 month in. Getting a plan for vaccine distribution, steady communications about the importance of mask wearing, and money to supply the public health systems in each state will cause the curve to drop. If it doesn't I will be disappointed. Virus under control means economy coming back. It's not rocket science.
Disappointed, but let me guess.... in no way, shape or form the fault of Joe or any of the Dems?

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
Disappointed, but let me guess.... in no way, shape or form the fault of Joe or any of the Dems?
I'm not a blind follower and believer that every democratic lead effort is always perfect.
I'm really curious as to why Mn is not getting enough vaccines so that my 89 year old Mother and 87 year old father still have no idea when they will get the vaccine. This better get fixed soon.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
I'm not a blind follower and believer that every democratic lead effort is always perfect.
I'm really curious as to why Mn is not getting enough vaccines so that my 89 year old Mother and 87 year old father still have no idea when they will get the vaccine. This better get fixed soon.
I wonder just how many people know how many vaccines are being thrown away? A co-worker went the other day with her elder parents and when they were finished they asked her if she wanted one too, because they were going to get thrown out at the end of the day anyway, the ones that went unused. She said heck yes.

I would think there should be a way to "overbook" these so that there would be very little wasted or discarded. That seems a little f'd up

Angry

Reaction score
In 2-3 months rates will start dropping with the arrival of spring. This would’ve happened even without a vaccine. Mr Magoo will be more lucky than good. I’m hoping next fall/winter we have enough combination of herd and vaccinations to make the death rate better.

jovs

Reaction score

Covid battle under Biden, another round of stimulus which is needed badly, and stability, a cabinet that will be there long enough to actually accomplish something are the main reasons for the surge I believe.

stocker08

Reaction score
Jesus, not even the Cruzer and the other mindless libs are stupid enough to believe this surge was related to the prospect of the man who can't find his way out of the basement leading the charge. If given multiple choices on this one, the average idiot off the street would have to attribute anything positive to the introduction of a vaccine, among a handful of other things...

Yet the guy that you claim "couldn't find his way out of the basement" curb stomped you king Trump. No need to cry. Maybe you'll get another season of the Apprentice if he doesn't end up in jail.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
All deaths from noon on are in Joe and the GT's column.......

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Covid battle under Biden, another round of stimulus which is needed badly, and stability, a cabinet that will be there long enough to actually accomplish something are the main reasons for the surge I believe.
I"m gonna go way out on a limb and take a VERY wild ass guess and say that you don't know much about the stock market at all, safe to say? No real stake or skin in the game more than likely

jovs

Reaction score
I"m gonna go way out on a limb and take a VERY wild ass guess and say that you don't know much about the stock market at all, safe to say? No real stake or skin in the game more than likely

If you say so, hows mom's basement these days.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
All deaths from noon on are in Joe and the GT's column.......
If Biden flubs his handling of this inherited mess as bad as Nixon handled his (Vietnam), he deserves to be roundly criticized.

stocker08

Reaction score
Let’s see now.........Joe and the GT getting credit before taking office. Duly noted.

You should tell us more about how gas prices have risen since Biden was elected.

BrokenBrain said:
Price at the pump is .40 - .50 a gallon higher.....

Thanks Joe and Garden Tool.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Maybe you should be asking why MN has distributed less than 50% of the shots they do have?

Spoofin

Reaction score
I wonder just how many people know how many vaccines are being thrown away? A co-worker went the other day with her elder parents and when they were finished they asked her if she wanted one too, because they were going to get thrown out at the end of the day anyway, the ones that went unused. She said heck yes.

I would think there should be a way to "overbook" these so that there would be very little wasted or discarded. That seems a little f'd up
They never got a Federal Plan that said, "don't waste vaccines", so it isn't the State's fault.

justthefacts

Reaction score

99QPjDG.png

ofDqZro.png

justthefacts

Reaction score
Trump then: We'll have 100M vaccines by the end of the year!
Trumpkins now: The market is reacting to the unexpected surprise of having 2M vaccines in January!

Trump then: If Biden is elected, the markets will crash!
Trumpkins now: Biden's election has no impact on markets!

BarnBurner

Reaction score
If Biden flubs his handling of this inherited mess as bad as Nixon handled his (Vietnam), he deserves to be roundly criticized.
It's all yours today, Bad. Your team. Each and every death is Joe and the GT's. And yours.

Top Bottom