Thank you President Trump!

USAF

Reaction score
Here is the yearly unemployment data going back nearly 100 years

Dems/media fought trump every step of the way on this issue. Trump finally obtained victories by getting mexico to put 3000 troops at the border and also forcing illegals to wait on the mexican side of the border. Having a kid with you was no longer a free pass into America. The reason for this was the money transfer away from our lower class. Biden and Obama agreed.

So then we can forget about building a wall, which has proven unnecessary and would have been an enormous waste of money.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Here is the yearly unemployment data going back nearly 100 years

Dems/media fought trump every step of the way on this issue. Trump finally obtained victories by getting mexico to put 3000 troops at the border and also forcing illegals to wait on the mexican side of the border. Having a kid with you was no longer a free pass into America. The reason for this was the money transfer away from our lower class. Biden and Obama agreed.

Regarding China, the article quotes Sec of St Blinken, Treas Sec Yellen, and CIA director Haine all quoted as wanting to take a Trump-like approach to china.

Yes, I think we all wish 2020 didn't happen. Unfortunately it did. Why don't you show me monthly unemployment? And again, congrats to Trump on continuing the Obama trend. Here's a graph that includes part of Obama's and part of Trump's admins. Point out the spot where Trump took over

7t9cYIV.png

You still have no evidence that Trump did anything to reduce the costs of illegal immigration.

golf

Reaction score
Yes, I think we all wish 2020 didn't happen. Unfortunately it did. Why don't you show me monthly unemployment? And again, congrats to Trump on continuing the Obama trend. Here's a graph that includes part of Obama's and part of Trump's admins. Point out the spot where Trump took over

7t9cYIV.png

You still have no evidence that Trump did anything to reduce the costs of illegal immigration.

I cant imagine monthly rates would show anything different than yearly. But will change my mind with evidence. Regarding the graph, trump's unemployment numbers are historically low. Small business owners say the main impediments to growth are high taxes and excessive regulations. Trump tackled both these issues. Hillary would not have and thus highly unlikely unemployment would have continued historic drop.

On immigration, point is that Trump attempted to come to the aid of the working class. Because of dem/media resistance the best he could do was the 3000 mexican soldiers and forcing illegals to wait for processing on the other side of the border. Hillary would have done neither.

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
On immigration, point is that Trump attempted to come to the aid of the working class. Because of dem/media resistance the best he could do was the 3000 mexican soldiers and forcing illegals to wait for processing on the other side of the border. Hillary would have done neither.

How does your above bolded comment assist the working class?

If you are making a supposition then please be specific by supplying corroborating information/data.

golf

Reaction score
How does your above bolded comment assist the working class?

If you are making a supposition then please be specific by supplying corroborating information/data.
U

Huge money transfer away from working class. Trump tried to stem this but, due to opposition, the best he could do was the mexican soldiers and forcing illegals to wait on the mexican side. Corraboration is in previous posts.

Last edited:

justthefacts

Reaction score
I cant imagine monthly rates would show anything different than yearly. But will change my mind with evidence. Regarding the graph, trump's unemployment numbers are historically low. Small business owners say the main impediments to growth are high taxes and excessive regulations. Trump tackled both these issues. Hillary would not have and thus highly unlikely unemployment would have continued historic drop.

Ah, the old "Hillary would have discontinued the Obama economic policies" argument. Hard to argue against that.

The point of using the monthly numbers is that they don't stop at 2019

jysJWwH.png

justthefacts

Reaction score
U

Huge money transfer away from working class. Trump tried to stem this but, due to opposition, the best he could do was the mexican soldiers and forcing illegals to wait on the mexican side. Collaboration is in previous posts.

Your initial post said, " reversing the 500 billion dollar money loss to our working class due to illegal immigration." Now you're like, "he kind of tried to do something, but couldn't get it done, and so I have no idea what the actual effect was."

golf

Reaction score
Your initial post said, " reversing the 500 billion dollar money loss to our working class due to illegal immigration." Now you're like, "he kind of tried to do something, but couldn't get it done, and so I have no idea what the actual effect was."

Shouldnt have phrased it that way as opposition didnt allow him to meet that goal. Should have phrased it that he attempted to reverse the money transfer but was only partially successful due to opposition. Best he could get was the mexican troops and forcing illegals to wait for processing on the mexican side.

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
Ah, the old "Hillary would have discontinued the Obama economic policies" argument. Hard to argue against that.

The point of using the monthly numbers is that they don't stop at 2019

jysJWwH.png

Not sure of your point on this one. Are you blaming trump economic policies for what happened to the economy in 2020?

USAF

Reaction score
Shouldnt have phrased it that way as opposition didnt allow him to fully meet that goal. Should have phrased it that he attempted to reverse the money transfer.
Lol

justthefacts

Reaction score
Not sure of your point on this one. Are you blaming trump economic policies for what happened to the economy in 2020?
To some degree, yes. South Korea's unemployment is 4.6%. Germany is at 4.5%.

If he'd have been serious about either stopping the virus or stimulating the economy, things could be much better. As it was, he barely cared. His involvement in getting stimulus passed was near nil

golf

Reaction score
To some degree, yes. South Korea's unemployment is 4.6%. Germany is at 4.5%.

If he'd have been serious about either stopping the virus or stimulating the economy, things could be much better. As it was, he barely cared. His involvement in getting stimulus passed was near nil

Agree to disagree. Just scary where we are at now though. So divided. What do u think of the idea of taking a lot of power from DC and giving much more power to states? Personally i think the antagonism between the two sides is only going to get worse. It is the only thing I can come up with that might make a difference.

OldBob53

Reaction score
Its also a good moment to note that there's a new Sheriff in town, and this one's competent and sane, unlike his predecessor.

Whats more, it appears he's hired on deputies and assistants who are equally competent and capable.

Wally

Reaction score
U

Huge money transfer away from working class. Trump tried to stem this but, due to opposition, the best he could do was the mexican soldiers and forcing illegals to wait on the mexican side. Collaboration is in previous posts.

Trump accelerated you fool. What do you think his tax cuts did.
Wow....

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
U

Okay, but I still have no idea what the following; refers to-

What money transfer are you referring to?
Where did you come up with $500B dollars?
What opposition are you referring to in the above two points?
What do Mexican soldiers have to do with the first two questions?
What do illegal immigrants have to do with the first two questions?

I'm trying to follow this supposition of yours, however, your points aren't very coherent to me. It almost appears you just copied and pasted the paragraph in you post above from a website as it mentioned illegal immigrant and that's frequently attractive to a segment of Rs as Mexican and immigration are hot button issues for them, though they seldom have an in-depth understanding of the subject.

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
Okay, but I still have no idea what the following; refers to-

What money transfer are you referring to?
Where did you come up with $500B dollars?
What opposition are you referring to in the above two points?
What do Mexican soldiers have to do with the first two questions?
What do illegal immigrants have to do with the first two questions?

I'm trying to follow this supposition of yours, however, your points aren't very coherent to me. It almost appears you just copied and pasted the paragraph in you post above from a website as it mentioned illegal immigrant and that's frequently attractive to a segment of Rs as Mexican and immigration are hot button issues for them, though they seldom have an in-depth understanding of the subject.

No problem. Professor Borjas has worked at Harvard Kennedy School for 30 yrs. He specializes in immigration research. His work shows that the working class loses 1/2 trillion dollars due to illegal immigration. I will repost the article below as it goes into more detail. Of course clinton and obama had no problem talking about how illegal immigration needed to be stopped due to the economic drain.

Trump of course did all he could to stop illegal immigration. Due to opposition from dems/media, the best he could do was get the mexican govt to put 3000 troops at the border to slow the flow. The second thing trump was able to get thru was forcing illegal immigrants to wait for processing on the mexican side of the border.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
No problem. Professor Borjas has worked at Harvard Kennedy School for 30 yrs. He specializes in immigration research. His work shows that the working class loses 1/2 trillion dollars due to illegal immigration. I will repost the article below as it goes into more detail. Of course clinton and obama had no problem talking about how illegal immigration needed to be stopped due to the economic drain.

Trump of course did all he could to stop illegal immigration. Due to opposition from dems/media, the best he could do was get the mexican govt to put 3000 troops at the border to slow the flow. The second thing trump was able to get thru was forcing illegal immigrants to wait for processing on the mexican side of the border.

Thanks Golf I'll read it this weekend and let you know my thoughts then.

golfing18now

Reaction score
I suspect the injury wasn't terminal and he'll be back. He certainly delivered pathetically whacked-out posts for a long time after the election. The longer absence belongs to Killer Gopher Fan and that's certainly one of the best byproducts of Trump's loss.

cjbfbp -- this board needs BGA and KGF to balance out all the lefties on this site. Doesn't it? Do we want this to turn into a Biden circle jerk, to coin one of Howie's terms? :unsure:

cjbfbp

Reaction score
cjbfbp -- this board needs BGA and KGF to balance out all the lefties on this site. Doesn't it? Do we want this to turn into a Biden circle jerk, to coin one of Howie's terms? :unsure:

BGA demonstrated a strong potential to become a nut case with a very tenuous grasp on reality. If he can't keep it together, I'm glad he's keeping his distance at least for now. KGF is a sneering jerk with an obsessive compulsive need to dominate the board at every moment. Perhaps even worse than the two of them is Livingat45North, a giggling hyena who continuously throws poop all over the board. I've noticed that he appears to be a bit scarcer these days as well.

While I understand the need for opposing views, perhaps you may also consider the quality of some of the people on the other side and whether their presence really is a benefit.

Nax5

Reaction score
You don't really think either of them provide any intelligent or reasonable discourse, right? Those aren't the folks you want on your side.

golfing18now

Reaction score
BGA demonstrated a strong potential to become a nut case with a very tenuous grasp on reality. If he can't keep it together, I'm glad he's keeping his distance at least for now. KGF is a sneering jerk with an obsessive compulsive need to dominate the board at every moment. Perhaps even worse than the two of them is Livingat45North, a giggling hyena who continuously throws poop all over the board. I've noticed that he appears to be a bit scarcer these days as well.

While I understand the need for opposing views, perhaps you may also consider the quality of some of the people on the other side and whether their presence really is a benefit.

My initial comment was a little bit of a jab at you, to be honest. Not sure why as you have been as good as anybody recently at honest debate with me. I was just curious what you would say. :cautious:

But I think in general, BGA/KGF are both informed and provide more than just obligatory cheap shots and a-hole posts. We can agree to disagree on the content they provide.

GopherJake

Reaction score
My initial comment was a little bit of a jab at you, to be honest. Not sure why as you have been as good as anybody recently at honest debate with me. I was just curious what you would say. :cautious:

But I think in general, BGA/KGF are both informed and provide more than just obligatory cheap shots and a-hole posts. We can agree to disagree on the content they provide.
BGA is the biggest shill on the board - either side. His shelves are stocked for Armageddon with Red Kool Aid. I find that uninteresting.

KFC feels that if one person on the other side acts like a Richard, that compels him to respond in kind in every post - he seems incapable of differentiating the opposing side. As a result, he comes across as a bit of a crass shill, but I think he'd be ok sitting around a table.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
So then we can forget about building a wall, which has proven unnecessary and would have been an enormous waste of money.
I'm anxious to see just how widely publicized the numbers are when all of the contractors that had Wall contracts terminated mid-construction start suing Joe's ass. The settlements on all of these lawsuits are going to be staggering, and in almost every case just finishing the construction would have been cheaper.

My guess is we hear almost NOTHING about these lawsuits when they start coming in though... barely see the light of day on CNN

Minnesota

Reaction score
I'm anxious to see just how widely publicized the numbers are when all of the contractors that had Wall contracts terminated mid-construction start suing Joe's ass. The settlements on all of these lawsuits are going to be staggering, and in almost every case just finishing the construction would have been cheaper.

My guess is we hear almost NOTHING about these lawsuits when they start coming in though... barely see the light of day on CNN

Q nonsense.

GopherJake

Reaction score

Because you've seen the contracts. :rolleyes:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Unless the contracts had stipulations about termination of the project.

Seems like a standard type of thing that would be included in such contracts?

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Because you've seen the contracts. :rolleyes:
Nope. Just talked to two different contractors who have active contracts that will be sending home thousands of employees in the next week or two, and have MILLIONS of dollars in construction material on-hand that was already purchased and delivered, and they've told me exactly how this will likely go down.

100% pure OPTICS. A number of these projects were literally within weeks of completion, but for the purpose of Cosmetic Theater, the new guy wanted to wave his pen and symbolically end construction

Minnesota

Reaction score
Nope. Just talked to two different contractors who have active contracts that will be sending home thousands of employees in the next week or two, and have MILLIONS of dollars in construction material on-hand that was already purchased and delivered, and they've told me exactly how this will likely go down.

100% pure OPTICS. A number of these projects were literally within weeks of completion, but for the purpose of Cosmetic Theater, the new guy wanted to wave his pen and symbolically end construction

No, you didn’t.

GopherJake

Reaction score

Ok, please keep us posted. Either way, please. One way is that your information is correct and this is as you say. The other being you are completely misinformed and your buddies - assuming they even exist - don't have a clue. My money is on the latter. But I'm definitely willing to be wrong on my guess. Keep us in the loop.

Deal?

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Ok, please keep us posted. Either way, please. One way is that your information is correct and this is as you say. The other being you are completely misinformed and your buddies don't have a clue. My money is on the latter. But I'm definitely willing to be wrong on my guess. Keep us in the loop.

Deal?
Absolutely. I anxious to find out how it turns out myself. But knowing how major construction operates, and big-time contractors, you've been eating stupid pancakes if you think they are just going to walk away peacefully, and that there were more than likely provisions put in place for this very situation. Not exactly Trump's first rodeo in dealing with major contractors, ya think?

Top Bottom