Soucheray, Reusse, off KSTP in September

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
More like the demographic is dying. I'm 50, and I am likely on the young end of the audience. Started listening at 25.

howeda7

Reaction score
I like Reusse and enjoyed the show he had with Mackey a few years ago. The new show is not as good, they tend to spend a lot of time on random topics and things like town baseball etc.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Is the Ruesse show also cancelled? I wouldn't miss it at all if it is, I'm not a fan.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
One of the things I liked about Reusse is that he would cover different aspects of the sports scene. He would have MIAC football coaches on for extended interviews, and also did some High school stuff. For me, at least, that is more entertaining than another thrilling discussion of who is going to be the Vikings' 3rd-string cornerback.

In one sense, not having a 'house' team gave 1500 a little more freedom. at KFAN, they might as well be on the Vikings publicity staff. It's gush over the Vikings 24/7.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I don't have any idea what direction this will go, but KSTP has been hiring younger and younger, and much more focused on sports. Like, mock draft in June focused. And they seem to have real knowledge. I'm not sure I care enough. On the other hand, Dan Cole has been phoning it in for the last 10 years. He is to sports radio what KQ is to music--noting new, everything comfortable, all the time.

howeda7

Reaction score
Sounds like they don't have any real plan on what they are doing going forward other than Mackey and Judd staying in some capacity. I hope they don't ditch sports altogether. I don't like anything on KFAN.

Cruze

Reaction score
Sounds like they don't have any real plan on what they are doing going forward other than Mackey and Judd staying in some capacity. I hope they don't ditch sports altogether. I don't like anything on KFAN.
KSTP is going all-in on sports. Reusse may have lost his drive-time show but he is still going to be around. And Soucheray is still going to have a podcast supported by KSTP.

Iceland12

Reaction score
KSTP is going all-in on sports. Reusse may have lost his drive-time show but he is still going to be around. And Soucheray is still going to have a podcast supported by KSTP.
Yep, that's surprises me, but good for them.

Hope that means they try and get some teams to anchor their station too.

Cruze

Reaction score
Yep, that's surprises me, but good for them.

Hope that means they try and get some teams to anchor their station too.
What surprised me is that Reusse has no plans to retire from his Strib column. I read where he said he will be writing for the Strib for as long as they will have him. So it appears he is still going to have his two jobs just like Sid. He will just be making a little less money for KSTP.

Iceland12

Reaction score
What surprised me is that Reusse has no plans to retire from his Strib column. I read where he said he will be writing for the Strib for as long as they will have him. So it appears he is still going to have his two jobs just like Sid. He will just be making a little less money for KSTP.
Heard him say a number of times that he wanted to "outlast Sid" at the newspaper. Of course Sid is already 98.

howeda7

Reaction score
At one point he claimed he was retiring after the 2016 Ryder Cup came to MN. But that seems to have fallen by the wayside. I think as long as he can spend most of the winter in Florida, he'll keep going.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
About five years ago, I brought my family to the state fair on Sunday, because they always had gopher players on the sports huddle on WCCO. We were early, and looking down the road toward the Coliseum, there was a gray haired man, walking alone, wearing a blue sports coat. Just a man of the people.

Top Bottom