Softball Recruiting

Gopher68

It seems to me that we are getting more CA players than before Jamie became the coach. I know that while Jamie and Alyssa Reina were at NDSU, there were a lot of CA players on the roster. Adding two transfers that are CA natives (Pease this year and Brandner last year) and recruiting beyond the borders - freshman class has no MN players (IN, WI, CO, BC). The class committed to sign in November is 2 MN, 2 CA, 2 WI, 1 TX. Committed for 2021 are 2 CA players. Definitely expanding the range of recruiting. I think recent success and a trip to the WCWS makes Minnesota a more visible program.

MRJ

It seems to me that we are getting more CA players than before Jamie became the coach. I know that while Jamie and Alyssa Reina were at NDSU, there were a lot of CA players on the roster. Adding two transfers that are CA natives (Pease this year and Brandner last year) and recruiting beyond the borders - freshman class has no MN players (IN, WI, CO, BC). The class committed to sign in November is 2 MN, 2 CA, 2 WI, 1 TX. Committed for 2021 are 2 CA players. Definitely expanding the range of recruiting. I think recent success and a trip to the WCWS makes Minnesota a more visible program.
Agreed. Saw that the ladies just picked up a 2021 commitment from Angelina Deleon, a 2B from California who hit over .500 for her high school team last year. Expanding the recruiting base is big, although the program has had great results with their instate recruiting as well. Nevertheless, becoming a national brand will only help attract more talent and help keep the program high competitive.

Hrothgar

Agreed. Saw that the ladies just picked up a 2021 commitment from Angelina Deleon, a 2B from California who hit over .500 for her high school team last year. Expanding the recruiting base is big, although the program has had great results with their instate recruiting as well. Nevertheless, becoming a national brand will only help attract more talent and help keep the program high competitive.
Agreed. Pitching is the absolute key. They need to go wherever it takes to bring in top caliber pitchers. Others, too, of course, but pitching is the name of the game.

Top Bottom