So when is enough? When will we be satisfied?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Not sure this was good media.
Oh it was GREAT media for Bubba. He's an unlikable baby, who can;t win a race to save his life & had just lost sponsors due to his childish behavior. This made him a martyr. Now if a sponsor wants to drop him? Racism. If he doesn't win a race this year? Racism. If he gets bumped & spins out? Racism. He will undoubtedly get new sponsors from this, as well a high profile activist cred, which leads to book deals, a movie a Netflix movie about his 'struggle', etc. 2 weeks ago he was a losing racer, who was losing sponsors. Now he's the darling of the left.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
nope, the woke from the left are just that, ridiculous. Something like the golden girls episode getting pulled is just a media company wanting to prove their wokeness, otherwise called CYA
Woke-upmanship. Woker-than-thou. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I know what I just DID do: buy a Bluray of Tropic Thunder, because you never know!

howeda7

Reaction score
nope, the woke from the left are just that, ridiculous. Something like the golden girls episode getting pulled is just a media company wanting to prove their wokeness, otherwise called CYA
And every single comment I have seen about this has condemned it. Including folks saying "you're doing this on purpose to give anti-BLM folks ammo." The reaction to these things is always over-board. Hopefully we have reached the bottom and can correct a bit.

howeda7

Reaction score
Oh it was GREAT media for Bubba. He's an unlikable baby, who can;t win a race to save his life & had just lost sponsors due to his childish behavior. This made him a martyr. Now if a sponsor wants to drop him? Racism. If he doesn't win a race this year? Racism. If he gets bumped & spins out? Racism. He will undoubtedly get new sponsors from this, as well a high profile activist cred, which leads to book deals, a movie a Netflix movie about his 'struggle', etc. 2 weeks ago he was a losing racer, who was losing sponsors. Now he's the darling of the left.
Funny how you have such venom for a Nascar driver.

Last edited:

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
The naïveté is astounding.
I hope that meeting with the gangs goes well for them. In case not, I recommend they all park their cars far away and leave their car keys locked up in a locker somewhere safe. Oh, and bring along plenty of drugs for bribes.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Here’s a lady that’s standing up to the BS. Look at that little white pussy boy dropping f bombs on her. Check your privilege? How about the “privilege“ of having life experiences outside of what his school teaches him?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Here’s a lady that’s standing up to the BS. Look at that little white pussy boy dropping f bombs on her. Check your privilege? How about the “privilege“ of having life experiences outside of what his school teaches him?

“Go back to school”. LOL. This lady has stones.

Section2

Reaction score

What a pathetic coward.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Where are the cries for “freedom of the press” from the Left? The ‘imaginary‘ Antifa members harassed and threatened a member of the press covering the DC situation, and you don’t hear or see the liberal media industrial complex reporting anything about it. What’s funny about these Antifa a-holes is that they are little pussies that draw power from heavily outnumbering an individual and masking their identities, yelling profanities like “GTFO”, and threatening to get his personal information so the intimidations can follow him home. So brave. It was Fox News Kevin Courke’s security team that had to rescue him.

Section2

Reaction score
Where are the cries for “freedom of the press” from the Left? The ‘imaginary‘ Antifa members harassed and threatened a member of the press covering the DC situation, and you don’t hear or see the liberal media industrial complex reporting anything about it. What’s funny about these Antifa a-holes is that they are little pussies that draw power from heavily outnumbering an individual and masking their identities, yelling profanities like “GTFO”, and threatening to get his personal information so the intimidations can follow him home. So brave.

The left doesn't care about principles, only power. They care about the freedom of THEIR press. not THE press.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
If true, we know where the DNC stands on Mt Rushmore:

There's really no way to do this other than for us all to go back to Europe and do the un-build of all our impacts here. But then even the "native" Americans are immigrants, too, going back several thousand years.

Bottom line, let's be reasonable, people. We can recognize the sacredness of the land around the mountain and mitigate visitor imacts to some extent and level of respect, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater and ruin everything everyone loves. I think there's a way for cultures and religions to coexist.

MNGopher23

Reaction score
r/the_donald is no more. Big tech has been busy today. Is this about George Floyd and police brutality, or something else?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/technology/reddit-hate-speech.html
Reddit has turned into a living cesspool of far left ideology, silencing any speech from the right. There was a video recently of a couple living in a private community defending their property while BLM protesters passed by. I commented that they have every right to protect their property from vandalism, looting, and theft. Not to mention the protesters were already breaking the law by trespassing into a private community. The amount of times I was called a Nazi White Supremacist Trump loving moron was astonishing. I've come to realize that there is much more hate on the left than on the right. Just because I had a differing opinion from the group think on that site I was immediately characterized as a Trump loving racist. This is the type of attitude that has pushed me from left leaning to right leaning. The true hatred is coming from the left as they just want to yell, scream, and make you out to be someone you aren't just because you don't agree with their viewpoint. Really really dangerous path we are going down.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
There's really no way to do this other than for us all to go back to Europe and do the un-build of all our impacts here. But then even the "native" Americans are immigrants, too, going back several thousand years.

Bottom line, let's be reasonable, people. We can recognize the sacredness of the land around the mountain and mitigate visitor imacts to some extent and level of respect, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater and ruin everything everyone loves. I think there's a way for cultures and religions to coexist.
Or...we could just carry on as most societies do and learn from our past without politicizing it for political purposes.

bga1

Reaction score

Not in the minds of the cancel culture. The left. The people you support.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Reddit has turned into a living cesspool of far left ideology, silencing any speech from the right. There was a video recently of a couple living in a private community defending their property while BLM protesters passed by. I commented that they have every right to protect their property from vandalism, looting, and theft. Not to mention the protesters were already breaking the law by trespassing into a private community. The amount of times I was called a Nazi White Supremacist Trump loving moron was astonishing. I've come to realize that there is much more hate on the left than on the right. Just because I had a differing opinion from the group think on that site I was immediately characterized as a Trump loving racist. This is the type of attitude that has pushed me from left leaning to right leaning. The true hatred is coming from the left as they just want to yell, scream, and make you out to be someone you aren't just because you don't agree with their viewpoint. Really really dangerous path we are going down.
The Left is worse than the Right by far right now. They are so ignorant it is scary.

Panthadad2

Reaction score

I get the sense she's a tough Italian lady who's probably got a few "connected" guys in her circle. That Opie looking nerd dude wouldn't have a chance.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Or...we could just carry on as most societies do and learn from our past without politicizing it for political purposes.
"Letting bygones be bygones" always sounds to me like "to the victors, the spoils." It's easy for the winners to say. A society with justice, grace and equity would recognize the damage done and make a good-faith effort to make it right. Which doesn't mean blasting the faces off Rushmore, but it probably means doing more than we've done.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
"Letting bygones be bygones" always sounds to me like "to the victors, the spoils." It's easy for the winners to say. A society with justice, grace and equity would recognize the damage done and make a good-faith effort to make it right. Which doesn't mean blasting the faces off Rushmore, but it probably means doing more than we've done.
Like what? Please have Biden run on whatever suggestion might be.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I, for one, will not be satisfied until this statue of Teddy Roosevelt is out of the Oval Office.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Like what? Please have Biden run on whatever suggestion might be.
Considering your activity here, I'm guessing you'd be surprised that there's an expression: listen and learn. These times and those situations are occasions to listen and learn. That's what I'd expect Biden or anyone to do.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Considering your activity here, I'm guessing you'd be surprised that there's an expression: listen and learn. These times and those situations are occasions to listen and learn. That's what I'd expect Biden or anyone to do.
So you don’t have an answer then.

Section2

Reaction score
And every single comment I have seen about this has condemned it. Including folks saying "you're doing this on purpose to give anti-BLM folks ammo." The reaction to these things is always over-board. Hopefully we have reached the bottom and can correct a bit.
so why is every major corp in the US terrified to anger the woke mobs? Is it because Trump supporters and Republicans give them so much power? Or is it something YOU are doing.

Top Bottom