So when is enough? When will we be satisfied?

scalgopher

Reaction score
I like Famous Amos cookies but the babe on Popeyes. Cajun cooking commercials might have to go even though she’s pretty successful,a little to much racism being used to make a buck. Poor thing I kinda liked her.

PeoplesFront

Reaction score
Starting to wonder if this is about erasing all history rather than just assumed racists
All white people are inherently racist - in fact, it is the original sin in the church of progressivism. Therefore, a white progressive must spend their life atoning for the sin of simply being born white. That is why the progressives are focused solely on destroying the statues of white people while keeping statues of minority individuals unharmed.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
So, there is a photo that NASCAR supposedly released showing the object that was found at Wallace's garage.

Sure as bleep looks like a noose to me.

I do not have the technical skills to post it here. Technology is a mystery to me.

I saw it on a tweet from @JennaFryer who is apparently an AP Sports person. Maybe one of the more tech-savvy folks on the board can find it and post it here to further the discussion.

bga1

Reaction score
So, there is a photo that NASCAR supposedly released showing the object that was found at Wallace's garage.

I do not have the technical skills to post it here. Technology is a mystery to me.

I saw it on a tweet from @JennaFryer who is apparently an AP Sports person. Maybe one of the more tech-savvy folks on the board can find it and post it here to further the discussion.
Yeah it's a close up. Don't be fooled. It's a pull. Hand sized. It's been there long before Bubba was in that stall. This is a divisive trick. Is that what you want? If so it ruins the definition of racism if people do this and are suckered by ploys like this that are happening now with great regularity.

bga1

Reaction score
All white people are inherently racist - in fact, it is the original sin in the church of progressivism. Therefore, a white progressive must spend their life atoning for the sin of simply being born white. That is why the progressives are focused solely on destroying the statues of white people while keeping statues of minority individuals unharmed.
The solution is Black Supremacy!

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Yeah it's a close up. Don't be fooled. It's a pull. Hand sized. It's been there long before Bubba was in that stall. This is a divisive trick. Is that what you want? If so it ruins the definition of racism if people do this and are suckered by ploys like this that are happening now with great regularity.
Well, one could argue that a noose is symbolic as much as practical. If I post a swastika on a synagogue, does the size of the image matter? whether it's 2" high or 6' high, it's still a swastika, and conveys the same symbolic message. So likewise, a noose is a noose regardless of the size. it's what it symbolizes - whether its a 'practical' noose or not.

bga1

Reaction score
Well, one could argue that a noose is symbolic as much as practical. If I post a swastika on a synagogue, does the size of the image matter? whether it's 2" high or 6' high, it's still a swastika, and conveys the same symbolic message. So likewise, a noose is a noose regardless of the size. it's what it symbolizes - whether its a 'practical' noose or not.
If you have a choice between being offended by something that is only just maybe possibly something and NOT being offended....choose not offended. Your life will go better. We were a lot better off when we let some things pass and kept on moving. You'll find this out. I hope not the hard way.

bga1

Reaction score
Here's an example of why liberalism/leftism is a mental illness. Case in point, Minneapolis' own Mitchell Erickson qualifies as the moron of the week. Got held up at gun point by two black youths, gave them his house keys (they wanted his car) and then called the police. Now he regrets it. What. An. Idiot.

stocker08

Reaction score
Exactly. It is not practical at all. It is and has been a symbol of hate and intimidation for centuries. Anyone claiming that the hangman's knot was the best one for that application is a liar.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
If you have a choice between being offended by something that is only just maybe possibly something and NOT being offended....choose not offended. Your life will go better. We were a lot better off when we let some things pass and kept on moving. You'll find this out. I hope not the hard way.
I remember the good old days when history was history and we knew it was the past. We reflected on the good and the bad, but we knew we had progressed and didn’t ruminate about the bad history and hate ourselves for something that happened before we were born. B/c of that, we didn’t try to destroy remembrances, not only of the bad, but of any good b/c it wasn’t perfect.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Saw this on twitter - could not immediately determine the source.

NASCAR said they examined 1600+ garages and 11 had knots as garage pull downs. Only one - this one, was tied like that (a noose).

Not a math guy - someone crunch the numbers on one of more than 1600 for the odds.

Panthadad2

Reaction score

Was the knot racist?

howeda7

Reaction score
And it's the only one in any garage at any of Nascar's 29 tracks. But you were wronged here! Bubba owes you an apology.

Panthadad2

Reaction score
NASCAR is going to do everything possible to attempt to save some face after creating this mess. They caused 14 FBI agents investigate it, had the whole country up in arms, and held a gigantic public spectacle for Bubba. All that for a freaking garage pull that had been there since at least last year. Just look at all the tap dancing on this thread. This idiocy is hilarious!

bga1

Reaction score
I remember the good old days when history was history and we knew it was the past. We reflected on the good and the bad, but we knew we had progressed and didn’t ruminate about the bad history and hate ourselves for something that happened before we were born. B/c of that, we didn’t try to destroy remembrances, not only of the bad, but of any good b/c it wasn’t perfect.
But now we have so many perfect people..... the virtue signalers.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I haven't kept up with this thread, so apologies if this has been talked about / beaten to death already, but I hope Disney doesn't become overwhelmed by the moment and reduce or eliminate access to Dumbo, The Lion King, or Aladdin. You all know that I'm already disappointed with their embargo of The Song of the South, which is a dang beautiful film and deserves to be seen, although with context and disclaimer. We can't allow our art history be erased by these anxieties and self loathing.

There's an awesome short film out right now on/by Turner Classic Movies on the subject of blackface in film. For me, it's the most mature, intelligent and fair treatment of the issue of what to do with and about a troubling cultural history. In short, its hosts conclude that people ought to be able to see these films, that we can't hide from them, bury them, pretend they don't exist. It's not only worth a watch; it should be required food for thought for anyone broaching the subject.

When my kids were younger--I don't remember exactly how old--we watched Holiday Inn, which famously has a blackface musical number (Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire). Before we cued it up, I told eveyone what to expect and that, even though it was considered okay back then, it's considered insulting and offensive today. And I didn't do any more hand wringing than that, and we just watched it. I have to admit that it made me squirm a little, but that's probably a good sign of a healthy soul. I hope that people and families will be able to keep doing that and watching these films in the future. I can't imagine a cultural landscape that's so sanitized that people don't have the viewing opportunites we all grew up with.

Livingat45north

Reaction score

Here you go.

scools12

Reaction score
Here's an example of why liberalism/leftism is a mental illness. Case in point, Minneapolis' own Mitchell Erickson qualifies as the moron of the week. Got held up at gun point by two black youths, gave them his house keys (they wanted his car) and then called the police. Now he regrets it. What. An. Idiot.

These people are insane.

Similar to Seattle it’s going take someone getting killed in their cop free zone before they realize this wasn’t a great idea. Even then they still might not realize it.

John Galt

Reaction score
The one good change that may happen- what does Madison’s new name become? Barryland? Marxville?

Top Bottom