So when is enough? When will we be satisfied?

howeda7

Reaction score
Multiple? You mean 2. I didn’t make this about me. I didn’t mention myself, so I don’t know how I could be a victim.

Whining? Yes, if stating facts about false claims is whining, I guess I was whining.

You’re turning into a real loser howie.
2 is multiple genius. You're pretzeling is so pathetic. You didn't "mention" yourself? That's what your going with?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
2 is multiple genius. You're pretzeling is so pathetic. You didn't "mention" yourself? That's what your going with?
Yeah, most people say “a couple” when they mean two.

Yeah, that’s what I’m going with b/c it’s true.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
It's nothing remotely like Jussie Smollett. Sad that it's all the same to you.
While the crew member did make up the story or perhaps actually believed the door pull was a racist threat (which is even more concerning), the reaction of the yokels to the story is once again on the spectrum of wanting to see things that aren’t there.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Do you know the story of Nancy Green? What she said is accurate though there are a lot of different ways to fulfill the “American dream”. Her path certainly wasn’t typical, but rather extraordinary. A lot of people would consider being the face of a brand, success, like Chef Boyardi. He was real too and put his picture on his brand.

Odd that the girl didn't say her name, and instead called her Aunt Jemima.

Also, if you read anything other than Wiki, you might learn about Green's role in the brand. Nancy Green might have been the model for the syrup, but she had no ownership in the brand itself, and was modeling for a stereotype.

After slavery, Green was a success story, but Aunt Jemima was a racist caricature from the outset. Aunt Jemima was canceled, Nancy Green was not. They should change the name to Nancy Green's syrup and put a regular picture on.

Here's pretty good story on it:

With the damning quote:

bga1

Reaction score
While the crew member did make up the story or perhaps actually believed the door pull was a racist threat (which is even more concerning), the reaction of the yokels to the story is once again on the spectrum of wanting to see things that aren’t there.
In my view the crew member and Wallace should be charged with a hate crime. Ginning up racial hatred is every bit as bad as targeting a person for race. I am not in favor of "hate crime" laws, but if there are going to be such laws, they should be a two edged sword. It cannot be just one way.

justthefacts

Reaction score
In my view the crew member and Wallace should be charged with a hate crime. Ginning up racial hatred is every bit as bad as targeting a person for race. I am not in favor of "hate crime" laws, but if there are going to be such laws, they should be a two edged sword. It cannot be just one way.
CONS: Don't rush to judgment!
CONS: Wallace should be charged with a hate crime!

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Where is the outrage from just no facts hacking, jam jam, stroker, khalif el a weed regarding Jimmy Kimmell and his obvious racism?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Odd that the girl didn't say her name, and instead called her Aunt Jemima.

Also, if you read anything other than Wiki, you might learn about Green's role in the brand. Nancy Green might have been the model for the syrup, but she had no ownership in the brand itself, and was modeling for a stereotype.

After slavery, Green was a success story, but Aunt Jemima was a racist caricature from the outset. Aunt Jemima was canceled, Nancy Green was not. They should change the name to Nancy Green's syrup and put a regular picture on.

Here's pretty good story on it:

With the damning quote:

She DID say her name in the several second video clip.

And I had read a story about Nancy Green other than the Wikipedia article.

And I knew she owned no part of the brand. Unless you started the brand, like Chef Boyardi, you wouldn’t expect to own a share or all.

No one forced Nancy Green to work for the company. She was paid.

And you can call it racist. Nancy Green called it earning a living by her own free will.

Yes, Aunt Jemima was a fictitious character as many advertising figures are, like Flo from Progressive or the King from Bud Light commercials. Or did you think they were real?

justthefacts

Reaction score
She DID say her name in the several second video clip.

And I had read a story about Nancy Green other than the Wikipedia article.

And I knew she owned no part of the brand. Unless you started the brand, like Chef Boyardi, you wouldn’t expect to own a share or all.

No one forced Nancy Green to work for the company. She was paid.

And you can call it racist. Nancy Green called it earning a living by her own free will.

Yes, Aunt Jemima was a fictitious character as many advertising figures are, like Flo from Progressive or the King from Bud Light commercials. Or did you think they were real?
My bad on not watching the video deep enough to see that.

The bolded two sentences are ridiculous. They're tantamount to saying that nothing was wrong with having Negro Leagues because the players were paid and weren't forced to play. Do you think Nancy Green passed up the management training program at US Steel to be Aunt Jemima?

As for the last paragaph:
A) The King from the Bud Light commercials is not longer part of the Bud Light commercials. Are you outraged? Are students for Trump pissed about it? Of course not. Removing a fictitious character from a syrup bottle is not cancelling Nancy Green. King George VI isn't canceled because of that Bud Light thing. Bull Terriers aren't canceled because Bud Light got rid of Spuds McKenzie.

B) Aunt Jemima was a racist caricature from the outset and continued to be. As I said, call the syrup Nancy Green syrup and everyone would be happy.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
My bad on not watching the video deep enough to see that.

The bolded two sentences are ridiculous. They're tantamount to saying that nothing was wrong with having Negro Leagues because the players were paid and weren't forced to play. Do you think Nancy Green passed up the management training program at US Steel to be Aunt Jemima?

As for the last paragaph:
A) The King from the Bud Light commercials is not longer part of the Bud Light commercials. Are you outraged? Are students for Trump pissed about it? Of course not. Removing a fictitious character from a syrup bottle is not cancelling Nancy Green. King George VI isn't canceled because of that Bud Light thing. Bull Terriers aren't canceled because Bud Light got rid of Spuds McKenzie.

B) Aunt Jemima was a racist caricature from the outset and continued to be. As I said, call the syrup Nancy Green syrup and everyone would be happy.
Yeah, your “bad” pretty much destroys the point you were trying to make. She used her real name.

As for the rest of your weak post, judging events of the past based on today’s standards of morals is absolutely stupid. No one, no thing, or no course of events can live up to that standard.

We can pretty much assume that your grandparents were horrible people for their beliefs.

What are we going to do about it? Are you going to change your name and cancel your grandparents? Are you going to renounce your relationship with them?

F‘n stupid.

howeda7

Reaction score
Pathetic. He didn't do anything wrong but you feel the black man has wronged you so lock him up.

howeda7

Reaction score
Lets be honest, many of you will never be happy. There will always be something.
That's true of both sides. The Bubba Watson thing is proof. It turned out to be a misunderstanding by a crew member. Beeg and KGF are outraged and want an apology from the black guy though.

howeda7

Reaction score
She appears to be intelligent by a factor of 10 over the leftist protesters I have seen on the Dem side.
Syrup Karen will soon be a rising star in the GOP.

bga1

Reaction score
CONS: Don't rush to judgment!
CONS: Wallace should be charged with a hate crime!

If he never saw the noose then why did he further the story? Why did he then go on TV with the compliant Don Lemon to claim that it was still a racist noose (straight up)?

The garage door pull was there before he ever had that stall. It's a hoax and Bubba is still trying to run with it. He is a shameful person. So are you for defending it. This creates further division which we don't need.

If racism is really so bad, why the need for so many of these racial hoaxes?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Yeah, your “bad” pretty much destroys the point you were trying to make. She used her real name.

As for the rest of your weak post, judging events of the past based on today’s standards of morals is absolutely stupid. No one, no thing, or no course of events can live up to that standard.

We can pretty much assume that your grandparents were horrible people for their beliefs.

What are we going to do about it? Are you going to change your name and cancel your grandparents? Are you going to renounce your relationship with them?

F‘n stupid.
Fine, you don't want to judge the people who decided to use a racist caricature for syrup in 1870, it doesn't mean that it ought to be continued today.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
A lot about the "noose" story seems odd.

first - these crew members are familiar with these tracks. If the garages all had these pull ropes on them, shouldn't the crew members be used to them?

was it their first visit to this track? I suspect not. These guys have a routine they follow.

They did not report that someone took a pull rope and fashioned it into a noose. they reported finding a noose. No one to the best of my recollection ever suggested that "hey, you know those pull ropes they have at that track - maybe it was one of those tied in a loop?"

So we went from "we found a noose" to "oops, it was just a common item found at all of the garages at that track - that no one happened to recognize......"

as I said, something about this still doesn't ring true to me.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Fine, you don't want to judge the people who decided to use a racist caricature for syrup in 1870, it doesn't mean that it ought to be continued today.
It’s not the decision by Quaker Oats that is the problem. It’s the cancel culture that is having a ripple effect across the country to cancel anything and everything that they determine is racist or remote ties to racism (unless politically inconvenient, e.g., Yale Univ). Had they made this decision in 2010, I seriously doubt that anyone would have cared.

Just like in 1989 when they last updated the advertising image to more modern perceptions. No one cared, even though the article below mentioned that distancing itself from historic images of slavery was part of the objective. Quaker Oats did this on their own without being pressured, b/c it was the right and smart thing to do. And the 1989 link from the Chicago Tribune didn’t even feel the need to point out that it was racist of QO to have that image in the first place.

It’s just the history of our country and the people that were living in it and their social mores. No one was judging people for their past beliefs or opinions or concerns. And they certainly weren’t trying to use it as a political weapon.

bga1

Reaction score

first - these crew members are familiar with these tracks. If the garages all had these pull ropes on them, shouldn't the crew members be used to them?

was it their first visit to this track? I suspect not. These guys have a routine they follow.

They did not report that someone took a pull rope and fashioned it into a noose. they reported finding a noose. No one to the best of my recollection ever suggested that "hey, you know those pull ropes they have at that track - maybe it was one of those tied in a loop?"

So we went from "we found a noose" to "oops, it was just a common item found at all of the garages at that track - that no one happened to recognize......"

Did you see the size of the loop? The only neck it would fit is owned by Adam Schiff. Face it it was a hand pull rope. This was a hoax, a hoax attempting to do a little race hustling. Nothing more, nothing less. I think you are just having a little trouble admitting it. Unless I am misunderstanding your post here. Sorry in advance if so...

Section2

Reaction score
Heard on twitter, and I believe it's true: the supply of racism comes nowhere close to matching demand

Section2

Reaction score

All of it is fishy as hell. And the pull rope IS A NOOSE. It's not a pull rope fashioned into a noose. The handle where you pull the rope is essentially a noose, or a knot with a loop so you can grab it easily with your hand. Now, maybe more info and context will come out, I sure hope so. It sounds like Bubba himself was just told what was found. He's probably somewhat innocent in this, but he still owes an apology for calling fans racists based on nothing.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
That's true of both sides. The Bubba Watson thing is proof. It turned out to be a misunderstanding by a crew member. Beeg and KGF are outraged and want an apology from the black guy though.
Crocodile tears. Same same.

Top Bottom