So there is a migrant caravan

John Galt

Reaction score
It’s hilarious that the border problem is now Trump’s fault because he didn’t get bipartisan support for funding the wall. What’s next- it’s George W Bush’s fault that we didn’t privatize social security?

John Galt

Reaction score
Murray playing Murray games. Imagine spending this much energy trying to get someone to say Trump failed on a campaign promise.

GopherJake

Reaction score
It’s hilarious that the border problem is now Trump’s fault because he didn’t get bipartisan support for funding the wall. What’s next- it’s George W Bush’s fault that we didn’t privatize social security?
Trump promised Mexico would pay for it. Why did he need bipartisan support for funding?

GopherJake

Reaction score
Because they were never going to directly pay for it and it was a stupid campaign promise.
It was a lie. It had a zero point zero percent chance of happening. The "directly" narrative is something shills cooked up to protect their Messiah from criticism.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Once I finally got you to admit to Trump's failures and phoniness, you quickly began to argue that both sides are equally bad. "All politician make promises they can't or don't keep" is your new mantra. An equivalence argument. And yet you pretend you aren't doing precisely that.

As far as my alleged lack of comprehension is concerned, the only thing I don't get is how you guys can double-talk as much as you do and still respect yourselves.
You're insane.

You didn't get me to "admit" anything. I've always said this. LOL

You need another pudding.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
What if he knew that he just needed his followers to believe?
You are having a hard time keeping up. We covered this.

In that situation, he would be a liar.

There are two possibilities:
(1) He knew it was impossible but that his followers were too stupid to realize it (this scenario he is a liar): OR
(2) He was dumb enough to believe it was possible.

So for this instance, he is either dumb or a liar, but not both.

John Galt

Reaction score
It was a lie. It had a zero point zero percent chance of happening. The "directly" narrative is something shills cooked up to protect their Messiah from criticism.
Well aren’t you just the great, almighty arbiter of truth?!?!

I’m sure you will be equally furious when Biden doesn’t fix systemic racism (like he promised) or income inequality (another promise). But let us guess - you didn’t follow that closely? I’m sure it also enraged you when Barry’s promise of making government more visible and showing legislation deliberations on CNN didn’t happen?

GopherJake

Reaction score
Stupid. Whenever you state an opinion here, consider me having responded immediately with this exact same line. That will save me the typing.
I’m sure you will be equally furious when Biden doesn’t fix systemic racism (like he promised) or income inequality (another promise). But let us guess - you didn’t follow that closely? I’m sure it also enraged you when Barry’s promise of making government more visible and showing legislation deliberations on CNN didn’t happen?
Look, JG. He said it over-and-over. Critics called it BS from the get go. He said Mexico would pay for it. That was a lie - or if you want to buy into BobLob's irrelevant parsing, you can go that route too. Either way, everyone except the shills knew it would never happen. It isn't some nebulous, abstract thing. It's very specific and easily disprovable. It didn't happen, he promised it would. Just stop defending this asshat.

John Galt

Reaction score
Stupid. Whenever you state an opinion here, consider me having responded immediately with this exact same line. That will save me the typing.

Look, JG. He said it over-and-over. Critics called it BS from the get go. He said Mexico would pay for it. That was a lie - or if you want to buy into BobLob's irrelevant parsing, you can go that route too. Either way, everyone except the shills knew it would never happen. It isn't some nebulous, abstract thing. It's very specific and easily disprovable. It didn't happen, he promised it would. Just stop defending this asshat.
It easily could have happened indirectly. I don’t think anyone in the country thought they were going to wire us Pesos or Bitcoin.

John Galt

Reaction score
A president that claims he will end racism and income inequality in 4 years? Checks out fine!

A president that claims Mexico will pay for a wall? Frothing at the mouth anger that will never end.

GopherJake

Reaction score
It easily could have happened indirectly. I don’t think anyone in the country thought they were going to wire us Pesos or Bitcoin.
Mmm-kay. Indirectly. Yeah. Good line. That's for sure what he meant.

GopherJake

Reaction score
A president that claims he will end racism and income inequality in 4 years? Checks out fine!

A president that claims Mexico will pay for a wall? Frothing at the mouth anger that will never end.
Nobody is frothing at the mouth in anger. We are calling him a liar. Which he is.

scools12

Reaction score

Any criticism of Biden not making good on his promises would merely be an attempt at “owning the libs” so Jakewad the Idiot can’t be bothered with following it closely.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Trump promised Mexico would pay for it. Why did he need bipartisan support for funding?
The President of the US cannot accept payment for services or product from another country. It’s unconstitutional. The House has sole budget authority, at least to the extent where federal government dept funds are distributed.

So a way for Mexico to pay for the wall would be, for example, for Mexico to agree to a trade agreement with the US that gave trade concessions without a direct payment to the US government b/c that trade agreement would have direct financial consequences for both countries.

That happened.

How to determine precisely what financial impact the difference would exist between the old trade agreement and negotiating the new trade agreement would be impossible. But co-operation on the border, including hindering illegal immigrant movement through Mexico and making financial concessions that benefited the US compared to a past trade agreement could easily be within the amount the federal govt would allocate for the building of the wall. I’m sure it was far more financially beneficial than the small amount required to pay for the wall.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Weird pivot. You've been hanging out with the idiots on this board too long.

For me, no. I'd prefer Trump never holds office again.
Can we have President Ron DeSantis so howie can continue his derangement syndrome?

howeda7

Reaction score
You might have a point if Obama ever claimed he'd end racism. But he didn't.

howeda7

Reaction score
Can we have President Ron DeSantis so howie can continue his derangement syndrome?
President Covid Kristi would be better. I think Ron at least has several brain cells on her even if they're in a dead heat when it comes to licking Trump's shoes. I mainly bring up DeSantis because you gush over him more than Built does Tony Bennett on the basketball board.

Spoofin

Reaction score
President Covid Kristi would be better. I think Ron at least has several brain cells on her even if they're in a dead heat when it comes to licking Trump's shoes. I mainly bring up DeSantis because you gush over him more than Built does Tony Bennett on the basketball board.
Drink!

John Galt

Reaction score
Joe Biden says we’re going to “invest in America.” An investment, as I believe you know, is worth more in the future than it is today. Joe Biden is lying to the American public. He’s spending money we don’t have. He’s not investing in anything. Why does this lie not piss you off more than Trump’s?

Top Bottom