So bars and restaurants are the problem, right!!! Shut em down

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Not so fast.

The LA County Dept of Public Health report that a resounding 3.1% of covid cases are traced back to bars and restaurants!!!! So what do the blue state Dem Governments do as obviously they have been the problem all along right, "so lets shut em down!" What a bunch of BS. Yet gov agencies; offices, FD's, police stations, Rec Dept.etc account for 7.3% and everything is A-OK.

So where are the cases stemming from? McDonalds, Subway, Domino's and many other chains and retail outlets. Obviously, none of them are being shut down.

At least Wisconsin hasn't taken down the little guy, at least not yet.

And you wonder why people are protesting.

BTW, two of our sons, one a chef and the other a manager, would like to thank the ill informed Gov. Walz for all his support.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Gii will be weighing in momentarily to discuss the spread at those evil bar/restaraunts....

John Galt

Reaction score
Gov Walz is full of sh&t. He hasn’t followed the ‘science’ at all. He’s arbitrarily picked winners and losers based on his own preferences. Why else are the Vikings and Gophers playing sports but high schoolers can’t? Why are daycare’s open but fitness clubs aren’t? Answer- follow the money!

Wally

Reaction score
But yet my neighborhood craft brewery, which was already struggling and usually had 25% capacity at most, is closed down. Possibly for good.
Why don't you slip them $1000?

I have been eating out(take out) about double what we did preCovid. Trying to support my favorite local restaurants, leaving very generous tips and buying alcohol from them. Been buying more beer from local breweries at the liquor store. Doing what I can, why don't you, it would be more productive than bitching.

John Galt

Reaction score

I have been eating out(take out) about double what we did preCovid. Trying to support my favorite local restaurants, leaving very generous tips and buying alcohol from them. Been buying more beer from local breweries at the liquor store. Doing what I can, why don't you, it would be more productive than bitching.
I’ve done my part to continue to support them. But I’m not going to bail out what Timmy created.
As for the bitching, we heard it on here from your side for 4 years over random tweets and boat parades. Forgive me if shutting down real businesses is actually an issue to get upset over.

Minnesota

Reaction score
But yet my neighborhood craft brewery, which was already struggling and usually had 25% capacity at most, is closed down. Possibly for good.
Do you think they’ll let you in to use the bathroom, you whiny ass bitch?

jham13

Reaction score
There are no "sides" in a public health crisis. Haven't you heard that we are all in this together? Apparently not.

Wally

Reaction score
But I’m not going to bail out what Timmy created.
Yes its so clear this is about your concern for bars and restaurants 🙄

I didn't bitch about boat parades, I laughed my ass off at morons sinking their boats and doing interviews about how they wanted to go down with their Glastron😎

balds

Reaction score
There are no "sides" in a public health crisis. Haven't you heard that we are all in this together? Apparently not.
Yes. The Government bureaucrat, sitting at home collecting fat paychecks, and the restaurant owner. Walking hand and hand "in this together". My least favorite phrase of 2020. Hey, you're job has been eliminated and you're about to be evicted but take solace in this ""We're in this TOGETHER".

stocker08

Reaction score
Yes. The Government bureaucrat, sitting at home collecting fat paychecks, and the restaurant owner. Walking hand and hand "in this together". My least favorite phrase of 2020. Hey, you're job has been eliminated and you're about to be evicted but take solace in this ""We're in this TOGETHER".
Good thing that the Trump admin and his repub Senate are working so hard on a stimulus package.

Oh wait.

cncmin

Reaction score
Not so fast.

The LA County Dept of Public Health report that a resounding 3.1% of covid cases are traced back to bars and restaurants!!!! So what do the blue state Dem Governments do as obviously they have been the problem all along right, "so lets shut em down!" What a bunch of BS. Yet gov agencies; offices, FD's, police stations, Rec Dept.etc account for 7.3% and everything is A-OK.

So where are the cases stemming from? McDonalds, Subway, Domino's and many other chains and retail outlets. Obviously, none of them are being shut down.

BTW, two of our sons, one a chef and the other a manager, would like to thank the ill informed Gov. Walz for all his support.

Tell your sons to be creative and help create a take-out service. People are tired of cooking every night, and take-out service is doing pretty well.

Or, tell them to whine more. Your choice.

Did I seriously see you post that you think LA should be shutting down the police departments and other government services?

cncmin

Reaction score
Costco and Target were both busting at the seams today.
Can you wear masks at Costco and Target?

Can you wear masks while you are eating or drinking?

Do you stand beside someone for a long period of time at Costco and Target?

Can you avoid sitting besides someone for a long period of time at a bar or restaurant?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Can you wear masks at Costco and Target?

Can you wear masks while you are eating or drinking?

Do you stand beside someone for a long period of time at Costco and Target? Happens Frequently

Can you avoid sitting besides someone for a long period of time at a bar or restaurant? Yes

USAF

Reaction score
Good thing that the Trump admin and his repub Senate are working so hard on a stimulus package.

Oh wait.
It was more important to jam through a right wing zealot onto SCOTUS. Trump commanded it.

And now, it's more important to ensure Biden inherits an economy in tatters.

Senate Republicans!

LakerFan

Reaction score

Agreed
It sucks but I get shutting down what you can when things spiral out of control. Comparing gyms and daycare is a laugher. Health care workers and other essential personnel can't go to work if you shut down daycare. Pretty sure we can all exercise without a gym. It sucks, but not hard to see the difference.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Not so fast.

A) It's weird to judge Walz based on data from another state:

B) If you actually look at the data in the LA County story, you'll see a high number of the cases are in manufacturing plants. Smithfield alone accounts for some 12% of the cases. The difference between Smithfield and a restaurant can move to a take-out business, but Smithfield doesn't work like that.

Are you suggesting that manufacturing plants be closed?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
A) It's weird to judge Walz based on data from another state:

B) If you actually look at the data in the LA County story, you'll see a high number of the cases are in manufacturing plants. Smithfield alone accounts for some 12% of the cases. The difference between Smithfield and a restaurant can move to a take-out business, but Smithfield doesn't work like that.

Are you suggesting that manufacturing plants be closed?
You must want manufacturing closed, correct? After all, high # of cases. Correct?

Top Bottom