Smithsonian Hates Whiteness

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score

This is incredible and was sponsored by our Government. Basically because white people appear to be hard working independent people they are bad.

cjbfbp

Reaction score

This is incredible and was sponsored by our Government. Basically because white people appear to be hard working independent people they are bad.
I don't know why some of you get so bent out of shape about stuff like this. I've been white for over 60 years and I must say that it's been a good life. I'm not going to allow a little thing like this to get me down. If this is the worst indignity that I have to suffer because of my genetic racial status, I'd say that's far better than Jim Crow and the various negative racial/cultural stereotypes I grew up with concerning blacks, latinos, and asians.

I look at this document as kind of a conversation piece and, on that level, it's not so bad. I would call many of these American values that were shaped by settlers from the British Isles, northwestern Europe, and central Europe (especially the German states). Settling in a sparsely populated land without established civilization also played its part. The authors state that these values were internalized by others who were not part of this group but that seems to be a voluntary act and maybe those settlers had a lot of these values internalized already.

Yes, independence is a good thing on the whole but even good things can be taken too far.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I don't know why some of you get so bent out of shape about stuff like this. I've been white for over 60 years and I must say that it's been a good life. I'm not going to allow a little thing like this to get me down. If this is the worst indignity that I have to suffer because of my genetic racial status, I'd say that's far better than Jim Crow and the various negative racial/cultural stereotypes I grew up with concerning blacks, latinos, and asians.

I look at this document as kind of a conversation piece and, on that level, it's not so bad. I would call many of these American values that were shaped by settlers from the British Isles, northwestern Europe, and central Europe (especially the German states). Settling in a sparsely populated land without established civilization also played its part. The authors state that these values were internalized by others who were not part of this group but that seems to be a voluntary act and maybe those settlers had a lot of these values internalized already.

Yes, independence is a good thing on the whole but even good things can be taken too far.
Seems like they are racially profiling all white people. Not all white people are hard working living in a nuclear family. I can’t imagine the outrage if someone wrote an article on what makes African Americans Africans American or what makes Mexican Americans Mexican Americans. Why is it simply whiteness and not based on various nationalities? Why is it not Irish Americans are like this while Norwegian Americans are like this. Again they are simply lumping all white people together based on their skin tone not their nationality.

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
Now hard working and rational thinking is racist. Everything is now officially racist.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I can’t imagine the outrage if someone wrote an article on what makes African Americans Africans American or what makes Mexican Americans Mexican Americans.

Again they are simply lumping all white people together based on their skin tone not their nationality.
As to the first statement, I think one can go back through history and find many public statements that did just that. I know I've seen and read quite a few in my day.

As to the second statement, that is true and doing that is always bound to be problematic and wrongheaded to a large degree. But, like I said, I view this as a conversation piece rather than an outrageous insult. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to divide Americans up by ethnic heritage either. I'm predominately of Irish descent but I suspect most Irish nationals would view me as very American.

Texas-Gopher

Reaction score

If you can't find something to be offended about you're not trying hard enough.

howeda7

Reaction score
I care deeply about what a random Smithsonian document says about me.

Do the Fellas have one person designated to find White Grievance items to be upset about or do you take turns?

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
OUTRAGED! This will not stand!

Time to get afraid and worry about my rights and identity being taken away. Our culture and heritage are under assault. This must stop! The indignities they're making us suffer are enough!

OUTRAGE!

golf

Reaction score

If it was just a one-off then you are correct, would be rather insignificant. The problem becomes when you also have documents such as the blm manifesto, the 1619 project.

History is being rewritten, statues being torn down, death and destruction in cities, cops defunded, flag mocked, leaders being harrassed at home, huge amounts of money being used to promote diversity, people being fired for holding disparate views, people being afraid to voice true feelings lest it affect their employment.

That great far right magazine Newsweek contacted them for a response and didnt receive a response. Rather, they took down the information.

It isnt this one "insignificant" thing that bothers me, it is the totality of what is going that bothers me significantly.

Blacks are on the lower end of middle class according to median household income. I dont know the source, but have heard more than once that african ancestry median income is higher in america than any other country. We have had a black president and have many wealthy black people.

Yet all we hear on media is how bad america is and how racist. It is always america's fault. Would just once like to hear ownership accepted for black problems as put forth by Sowell, Steele, Whitlick, Williams.

So again, I am significantly bothered when documents such as this appear in museums in SanFrancisco and D.C.

USAF

Reaction score
I care deeply about what a random Smithsonian document says about me.

Do the Fellas have one person designated to find White Grievance items to be upset about or do you take turns?
Neither. State run media takes care of that for them.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I never said I was offended by this but things like this don’t nearly get the play that other items do in the news.

so you wanna have a conversation about whiteness. Let’s start with the nuclear family. From the 2010 census up to 72% of black children are born to single parents. Now that doesn’t mean that fathers not there just that mom and dad are not married. White kids are born into single parent home at around 20% of the time. How is a child being set up for succes when living in a single parent household?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
If it was just a one-off then you are correct, would be rather insignificant. The problem becomes when you also have documents such as the blm manifesto, the 1619 project.

History is being rewritten, statues being torn down, death and destruction in cities, cops defunded, flag mocked, leaders being harrassed at home, huge amounts of money being used to promote diversity, people being fired for holding disparate views, people being afraid to voice true feelings lest it affect their employment.

That great far right magazine Newsweek contacted them for a response and didnt receive a response. Rather, they took down the information.

It isnt this one "insignificant" thing that bothers me, it is the totality of what is going that bothers me significantly.

Blacks are on the lower end of middle class according to median household income. I dont know the source, but have heard more than once that african ancestry median income is higher in america than any other country. We have had a black president and have many wealthy black people.

Yet all we hear on media is how bad america is and how racist. It is always america's fault. Would just once like to hear ownership accepted for black problems as put forth by Sowell, Steele, Whitlick, Williams.

So again, I am significantly bothered when documents such as this appear in museums in SanFrancisco and D.C.
Comrades jamm jamm clan hate whitey.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Neither. State run media takes care of that for them.

Ah the state run media I assume you mean Fox. I can not imagine If this was written about another race or ethnicity. This teacher was fired and lacked a racist and he never once mentioned race in his posting. It was assumed that the comments were racist and directed toward people of color.

USAF

Reaction score

Ah the state run media I assume you mean Fox. I can not imagine If this was written about another race or ethnicity. This teacher was fired and lacked a racist and he never once mentioned race in his posting. It was assumed that the comments were racist and directed toward people of color.
Can you try again, in English?

STPGopher

Reaction score

History is being rewritten
, statues being torn down, death and destruction in cities, cops defunded, flag mocked, leaders being harrassed at home, huge amounts of money being used to promote diversity, people being fired for holding disparate views, people being afraid to voice true feelings lest it affect their employment.

Rewritten? or told more inclusively?

cjbfbp

Reaction score

Yet all we hear on media is how bad america is and how racist. It is always america's fault.
Maybe you just watch too much TV.

We appear to live in different worlds. I live in a lilly white town and, mostly everywhere I go, white people and white culture seem to be holding up pretty well in these trying circumstances.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
My favorite joke about this subject was told by George Carlin years ago: "What do white people have to be mad about? Did they stop making khakis? Did Hootie and the Blowfish break up?"

scools12

Reaction score

We appear to live in different worlds. I live in a lilly white town and, mostly everywhere I go, white people and white culture seem to be holding up pretty well in these trying circumstances.
So woke.

golf

Reaction score
Reviews of the 1619 project:

"So wrong in so many ways."
Gordon Wood (Revolutionary War scholar and Pulitzer winner)
"Unbalanced, one sided.. . left most of the history out."
James McPherson (Civil War scholar and Pulitzer winner.)
Victoria Bynum, James Oakes, Sean Wilentz - these three also pan the 1619 project. They are extremely distinguished historians and authors, you can check them out if desired.

golf

Reaction score

Facts can be inconvenient indeed. Definitely easier to support a narrative thru observations and anecdote.
Left's calling card.

Last edited:

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Facts can be inconvenient indeed. Definitely easier to support a narrative thru observations and anecdote.
Left's calling card.
Everything you listed is an observation and anecdote. You think based on a relatively small number of incidents and blanket claims that the country is going to hell in a hand basket. I don't agree and it's especially not going that way for white people. This isn't the first time the nation has had civil unrest. You act like an entire deconstruction of society is going on. Absurd.

howeda7

Reaction score
I never said I was offended by this but things like this don’t nearly get the play that other items do in the news.

so you wanna have a conversation about whiteness. Let’s start with the nuclear family. From the 2010 census up to 72% of black children are born to single parents. Now that doesn’t mean that fathers not there just that mom and dad are not married. White kids are born into single parent home at around 20% of the time. How is a child being set up for succes when living in a single parent household?
What is your solution to this? What discussion is it you're looking for?

howeda7

Reaction score

Sounds scary and awful. You must live in a terrible place. I've seen almost none of this. I'd move.

howeda7

Reaction score
Everything you listed is an observation and anecdote. You think based on a relatively small number of incidents and blanket claims that the country is going to hell in a hand basket. I don't agree and it's especially not going that way for white people. This isn't the first time the nation has had civil unrest. You act like an entire deconstruction of society is going on. Absurd.
If you watch Fox News and OANN all day while reading RWNJ blogs, what other conclusion could you draw?

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Was America Conceived in Racism? Joel L. Daniels Debates Ryan P. Williams

Almost every continent had some sort of racism, religious intolerance, creed, color of skin, etc. that they thought they could enslave people under. Slavery is still happening in Central Africa today discounting countries like North Korea that enslave but don't call it that. Yes the US was one of the last countries to ban the import of slaves from Africa around the 1820s. While the Civil War ended legal slavery the Southern States invoked the Jim Crow laws, Separate but Equal & other laws that were one step above slavery. Still the U.S. changed under MLK. Did it change completely - NO! Yet his peaceful demonstrations and how the South handled them were broadcast on national television united the rest of the states against the Southern States.

All we see now is violence that I think most of the U.S. citizens deplore & take an anti stance against a legitimate stance against police reform and inequalities.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
I fail to see any of the outrage the comrades are talking about. I do see the irony in a lefty commenting on others being offended by something though.

Top Bottom