Should right start boycotting companies?

jamiche

Reaction score
I didn’t use the term. I’m just pointing out that Howie is deeply troubled by it, but ignores the dozens of ridiculous labels used by the left.
I’m not offended by whatever label anyone wants to use. People can identify as trees for all I care. I don’t care if someone is a pansexual. Live and let live.

But the point is not about controlling how people self identify. What’s happening, and what happened already in Canada, is criminalizing someone’s refusal to use those pronouns. So that’s why libertarians care. Freedom is a two way street. I don’t know how you feel about that trend and those laws. Hopefully you agree with me and oppose Howie.
Oh, melvy. Nobody goes to jail or is fined for misusing a pronoun in Canada. More bullshit spread by you seditionists and your fellow travelers. Keep trying.

Go back to taxes are theft. That's more fun.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Oh, melvy. Nobody goes to jail or is fined for misusing a pronoun in Canada. More bullshit spread by you seditionists and your fellow travelers. Keep trying.

I think Deuce is a Jordan Peterson fan.

Section2

Reaction score
Not really. The father wasn't jailed because of pronouns, melvin.
The court ordered a father to use male pronouns when addressing his 14 year old daughter.
the judge authorized a warrant for his arrest for using female pronouns.
you can pretzel anyway you like.
But this clearly has nothing to do with preventing individuals from self identification however they like, as Wally asserted. So to answer your question Wally, that’s why libertarians care.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
The court ordered a father to use male pronouns when addressing his 14 year old daughter.
But this clearly has nothing to do with preventing individuals from self identification however they like.

Poor guy.

Does the Dad have a good relationship with his offspring? Was Dad actually arrested for using improper pronouns?

Last edited:

RememberMurray

Reaction score

Mitch McConnell and the Agony of the Post-Trump Corporate Republican

On June 15, 2012, the American Enterprise Institute hosted a speech portentously titled “Growing Threats to Our First Amendment Rights: An Address by Mitch McConnell.” (“Address” is the term politicians use for speeches they wish to be taken seriously.) The Senate Minority Leader used the hourlong remarks to warn that restrictions on political donations by corporations and wealthy people, or even mere disclosure requirements, were “an alarming willingness itself to use the powers of government to silence” dissent. Since “the form of speech most needful of absolute protection is political speech,” McConnell argued that President Obama’s efforts to require public disclosure of donations by figures like the Koch brothers amounted to the government “using its own powers to harass or intimidate those who participate in the political process.”

And yet, last Monday, here was McConnell treating the spectacle of business leaders engaging in political debate as a stark threat to be extinguished. The provocation was a series of corporate statements denouncing Republican-sponsored voting restrictions, which McConnell described as “a coordinated campaign by powerful and wealthy people to mislead and bully the American people.” McConnell, invoking a spate of Republican proposals to punish firms that speak out against their vote-suppression laws, warned, “Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country.”

The next day, after reiterating his warning to corporations to “stay out of politics,” McConnell clarified that he did not mean to discourage their continued donations. Corporate money is speech, but speech isn’t speech.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I mean, as I'm sure you know/understand, there are doctors and lawyers who genuinely care about helping people, even people who can't pay (much)!

Yeah there are, but that quote is so funny, especially as it pertains to baristas, excuse me barristers.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I know nothing about... . I haven't heard....

Leave the feigned ignorance to Fool2.

Your entire party feigned ignorance and stood by as the Qanon'ers grew and raged the last 5 years. They did nothing because they wanted their votes. Needed them.

Then they pushed the Big Lie for months. Stood idley by while they had their insurrection. And hours after it was over the majority of them voted to side with the Insurrectionists and overturn the election.

You lost the party to the extremists. But you know nothing. You haven't heard.
They DID NOT VOTE to “overturn“ the election. They questioned the integrity of the election b/c 10s of millions of Trump voters questioned the integrity, and voters having faith in the results of an election is critical. Maybe not for you, but for most Americans.

Stood by idly? No one knew what was going to happen on January 6. You act like it was a planned conspiracy between GOP politicians and Capitol rioters. It wasn’t an insurrection btw. They didn’t have weapons. Insurrections require weapons unless they just plan to get their ass kicked.

Democrats know all about standing by idly. They did it all summer, even encouraged riots, looting, and destruction of private property. Ignored or encouraged.

If QAnoners are a real threat, WFT do you call Antifa, who actually kill people and destroy govt and private property? “An idea”?

Wally

Reaction score
Here’s a helpful explainer
I am conflicted on the parent issue. I think parents should have the final say, but I think kids should also be able to petition the court for emancipation at 16 or even younger in some cases.

I think in most cases these things don't just pop up one day where your kid is a typical boy or girl and then just says out of the blue, I want to change my gender. Hopefully Catholic School keeps mine on the straight and narrow.😯😯😯😎😎😎

stocker08

Reaction score
Liberals, RINOs, the mainstream media, Hollywood, gays, people of color, BLM, 'antifa', immigrants, welfare recipients, mask-wearers, feminists, 'elitists', intellectuals, Major League Baseball, the NFL, the NBA, non-Christians, teachers, educators and academicians, scientists, unions, environmentalists, urban dwellers, east coast residents, west coast residents, the U.S. government, community organizers... and now corporations!

The Right; your list of 'enemies' keeps getting longer and longer, as your list of allies keeps shrinking.

The old white right wingers are going to secede. Deuce and galt will lead the charge.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Definitely juvenile and seems like i have definitely hit a nerve. I imagine you think it's also juvenile to say awomen at the end of a prayer?

—used to express solemn ratification (as of an expression of faith) or hearty approval (as of an assertion)

stocker08

Reaction score
They DID NOT VOTE to “overturn“ the election. They questioned the integrity of the election b/c 10s of millions of Trump voters questioned the integrity, and voters having faith in the results of an election is critical. Maybe not for you, but for most Americans.

Stood by idly? No one knew what was going to happen on January 6. You act like it was a planned conspiracy between GOP politicians and Capitol rioters. It wasn’t an insurrection btw. They didn’t have weapons. Insurrections require weapons unless they just plan to get their ass kicked.

Democrats know all about standing by idly. They did it all summer, even encouraged riots, looting, and destruction of private property. Ignored or encouraged.

If QAnoners are a real threat, WFT do you call Antifa, who actually kill people and destroy govt and private property? “An idea”?

Qanoners didn't "vote" to overturn the election because they didn't have the power to do so. Now they do. And they passed this power grab on the voter fraud lie that they themselves created and pushed. Sad stuff from the wacko right. Rather than looking in the mirror and confronting their own irrationality....you guys are doubling down on crazy. That's fine. A slow painful bleedout for the party of the old white man.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Liberals, RINOs, the mainstream media, Hollywood, gays, people of color, BLM, 'antifa', immigrants, welfare recipients, mask-wearers, feminists, 'elitists', intellectuals, Major League Baseball, the NFL, the NBA, non-Christians, teachers, educators and academicians, scientists, unions, environmentalists, urban dwellers, east coast residents, west coast residents, the U.S. government, community organizers... and now corporations!

The Right; your list of 'enemies' keeps getting longer and longer, as your list of allies keeps shrinking.
1617814957006.png

This may be my most apropos pic post and finest work ever!!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Qanoners didn't "vote" to overturn the election because they didn't have the power to do so. Now they do. And they passed this power grab on the voter fraud lie that they themselves created and pushed. Sad stuff from the wacko right. Rather than looking in the mirror and confronting their own irrationality....you guys are doubling down on crazy. That's fine. A slow painful bleedout for the party of the old white man.
Stocker, I should have done this a long time ago. But you’re going on Ignore list.

You‘re just to damned stupid and a too much of a delusional hack to waste my time reading your posts.

Bye bye!

howeda7

Reaction score

2 is the most RW Woke Victim we've seen here the last couple months. Trump losing must have snapped something.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Stocker, I should have done this a long time ago. But you’re going on Ignore list.

You‘re just to damned stupid and a too much of a delusional hack to waste my time reading your posts.

Bye bye!

What about me BTK!!

Wally

Reaction score
Definitely juvenile and seems like i have definitely hit a nerve. I imagine you think it's also juvenile to say awomen at the end of a prayer?

I prefer to finish with "in Satans name, we pray"
🤣😆😆

howeda7

Reaction score

Yes they did. They voted not to certify Biden as the duly elected President. WTF would you call that?

10's of millions of Trump voters questioned the results because the QOP'ers who knew better fed them The Big Lie for 2 months. No amount of signature verification or reduced drop boxes would have made those 10's of millions of cultists feel the result was legitimate. What a complete load of BS.

No one knew what was going to happen. More complete BS from you. Trump called them there. Come to DC on 1/6. It will be wild! Pence must be forced to "do the right thing." We have to "fight like hell or we won't have a country anymore!." Sure, no one knew. It was a total shock. KGF hadn't heard and didn't know much.

Keep yeahbutting about Antifa. You have nothing.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Yes they did. They voted not to certify Biden as the duly elected President. WTF would you call that?

10's of millions of Trump voters questioned the results because the QOP'ers who knew better fed them The Big Lie for 2 months. No amount of signature verification or reduced drop boxes would have made those 10's of millions of cultists feel the result was legitimate. What a complete load of BS.

No one knew what was going to happen. More complete BS from you. Trump called them there. Come to DC on 1/6. It will be wild! Pence must be forced to "do the right thing." We have to "fight like hell or we won't have a country anymore!." Sure, no one knew. It was a total shock. KGF hadn't heard and didn't know much.

Keep yeahbutting about Antifa. You have nothing.
They did the same thing that some Democrats did in 2001, 2005 and 2017.

howeda7

Reaction score
They did the same thing that some Democrats did in 2001, 2005 and 2017.
Please. You can find a few people upset after every election in history.

10's of millions of Democrats didn't believe the elections weren't legitimate and they never tried to violently overthrow the government. Your false equivalency is pathetic.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
That would certainly pay more than ConLaw. It would certainly pay more than what you do as well.
I'm a heir to the Nair Hair fortune.

I am currently looking for a foot masseuse - Section 8 has the inside track, but I'm willing to review other CVs.

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score

Bye bye!

I figured you would you would get sick of having your right wing extremism called out. Wacko sheep like you need a dose of reality to offset the crazy crap you spew.

Enjoy watching your party crumble as the angry old white men continue to push bigot laws.

jamiche

Reaction score
But this clearly has nothing to do with preventing individuals from self identification however they like, as Wally asserted. So to answer your question Wally, that’s why libertarians care.
I'm not Wally, melvy. The father was jailed for objecting to the daughter's transition therapy (he has a legitimate point) and for disclosing the child and mother's identities (not ever a good idea).

Good effort. Keep workin' on it.

Top Bottom