Should Goldy Get a Girl Friend

Livingat45north

Reaction score
I did post graduate work at the Univ of Florida and Univ of New Mexico. In both cases, they also had a lady mascot ( Alberta at Florida and Lobo Lucy and UNM). Should Goldy also get a girl friend?

Capture.JPG

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
No...too much of a distraction.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Nope. Goldy has no time for a girlfriend.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Goldy should absolutely have a same-sex partner.

The U of MN would be a national leader, and create huge publicity for the school and support from the LGBTQ+ community.
It's what is in the costume that counts. I met a Goldy when I went to a Gopher game in California. She was very nice person.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Goldy goes home to the girlfriend. The stadium is work.

stocker08

Reaction score
I think that Goldy should have a little brother.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Yes. And she should be called The Gold Digger.
If someone were to, say, photoshop/illustrate what this potential character would look like ... that would go a long way towards the sales job!

gopherjay

Reaction score
Hell no, I mean hell no. Dude is way to available all the time.

Lakeville Goldy

Reaction score
I thought Goldy was a girl...lol
I still remember Mason very drunkenly asking Goldy whether (s)he was a boy or a girl at the Insight Bowl pep rally. I remember cringing and looking at my wife who asked me how anyone let him talk when he was that blasted. Oof.

It also raises some tough questions - does Goldette (TM 2020) work all the women's games while Goldy works men's? Do they have to have both at both? Is Goldette going to be the background figure who never gets equal booking to Goldy? None of the scenarios would promote equality or advance women's opportunities. I'd say just having Goldy is plenty adequate.

bfriedrichs10

Reaction score
Are we talking a girl friend, as in a friend that's a girl (as indicated by the OP), or a girlfriend (which I perceive as a "more than friends" relationship with a girl)? Because if he doesn't have girl friends already, then why the heck not? Even I had girl friends in college. Actually, turns out that exclusively what I had...

Top Bottom