Should a parent not have empathy?

Section2

Reaction score
Are you a purposeful pretzeler?
You go ahead and freak out about the first lady’s jacket choice. I’ll lump you in with those upset about the tan suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
You go ahead and freak out about the first lady’s jacket choice. I’ll lump you in with those upset about the tan suit.

So, she’s not smart enough to have done it purpose? Infantalizing an adult to deflect criticism.

justthefacts

Reaction score
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/us/politics/refugees-revenue-cost-report-trump.html

Trump administration officials, under pressure from the White House to provide a rationale for reducing the number of refugees allowed into the United States next year, rejected a study by the Department of Health and Human Services that found that refugees brought in $63 billion more in government revenues over the past decade than they cost.

The draft report, which was obtained by The New York Times, contradicts a central argument made by advocates of deep cuts in refugee totals as President Trump faces an Oct. 1 deadline to decide on an allowable number.
Advocates of the program inside and outside the administration say refugees are a major benefit to the United States, paying more in taxes than they consume in public benefits, and filling jobs in service industries that others will not. But research documenting their fiscal upside — prepared for a report mandated by Mr. Trump in a March presidential memorandum implementing his travel ban — never made its way to the White House. Some of those proponents believe the report was suppressed.

Section2

Reaction score
So, she’s not smart enough to have done it purpose? Infantalizing an adult to deflect criticism.
I don’t care if she did it on purpose or didn’t do it on purpose. You can read whatever you want into it. Criticize away and constantly.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I don’t have access to the article, so I only know what you’ve chosen to show in the post.

But, just b/c one study shows something, we’re supposed to change the administration’s entire policy as if this is THE definitive study. Any one study being a definitive study is rare if not ever.

Did they include the cost of additional crime in drug smuggling and related crimes? The cost to society in increased crime, DUIs, healthcare, education, and a number of intangible costs? I would expect that most of those are incalculable.

And I don’t doubt that illegals add to our economy in some ways and detract in others. That isn’t the only question. US border security and the US’s borders are important for many reasons besides a net economic effect.

Just b/c Dems want open borders for the poor and unfortunate to increase the number of voters supporting re-distribution of wealth doesn’t mean we need to open the borders to any and all illegal immigrants.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Jeh Johnson, Obama’s Homeland Security Sec, was on Fox News Sunday this morning. He seems like a very reasonable person and tried to give measured answers to Wallace’s questions.

But, the truth is that Democrats don’t have good answers, just rhetoric. The problem with rhetoric is that sometimes it doesn’t make sense, like the following example. Chris Wallace starts asking a question around 8:30 of the YouTube link. It’s helpful to watch the entire interview and question/answer, but Johnson says something at about 9:25 in response.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzTd0adu2NM

He said “we’re talking about unaccompanied children, 5 and 6 year old kids”.

Really? Unaccompanied 5 and 6 year old kids traveled from Central America to the US border?
IMO, this is the narrative that the Dems want to paint for the public of “5 and 6 year old kids” as the bulk of the illegal children immigrants, conflicting with the common sense reality that most of these unaccompanied kids are teenagers and not infants as they would like us to believe. Teenagers from Central American that WILL be targeted by MS-13 and gangs like it for criminal purposes. Maybe not most of them, but some of them. Certainly, 5 and 6 year olds are NOT the unaccompanied, which are 80% of the children crossing the border.

Wallace asked what the Dems would like to do, and though I thought Johnson was sincere, the solutions provided were more rhetoric and equates to an open border policy so as not to violate the morality of separating families.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I don’t care if she did it on purpose or didn’t do it on purpose. You can read whatever you want into it. Rationalize away and constantly.

FIFY

jamiche

Reaction score
I don’t care if she did it on purpose or didn’t do it on purpose. You can read whatever you want into it. Criticize away and constantly.

We wish we didn't have to. There is no pleasure in it. (I will confess that there is some pleasure in criticizing you when you get yourself all twisted up because you are harmless. The Trumps can blow up the world.)

howeda7

Reaction score
Did Obama purposely wear the classless tan suit?

Of course. The "I'm secretly a Muslim who hates America" was implied rather than being explicitly written on the back.

Section2

Reaction score
Of course. The "I'm secretly a Muslim who hates America" was implied rather than being explicitly written on the back.
he wore it KNEWING it would be a big story, or was he really just so oblivious to the fact that Fox News would have to mention it? No, he KNEW, and it was premeditated! What did he think, we could just ignore it? No no no, we can't let something like that slide.

howeda7

Reaction score
he wore it KNEWING it would be a big story, or was he really just so oblivious to the fact that Fox News would have to mention it? No, he KNEW, and it was premeditated! What did he think, we could just ignore it? No no no, we can't let something like that slide.
You're really going to equate the tan jacket with what Melania wore and everything that preceded it? OK. Knock yourself out.

Section2

Reaction score
You're really going to equate the tan jacket with what Melania wore and everything that preceded it? OK. Knock yourself out.
Yes, I think they are a very good comparison. And I think they're both dumb. I honestly don't know how you can keep getting outraged over such small things, but you do. Take the absolute worst most over the top Obama hater, remember how you thought about that person, and then look in the mirror.

howeda7

Reaction score
Yes, I think they are a very good comparison. And I think they're both dumb. I honestly don't know how you can keep getting outraged over such small things, but you do. Take the absolute worst most over the top Obama hater, remember how you thought about that person, and then look in the mirror.
No one is charged up. Melania was clearly sending a message. We can debate what it was whether it matters. In the grant scheme of things it's not important. That doesn't mean you can't discuss it.

cncmin

Reaction score

Show me any evidence at all of me "freak"ing "out about the first lady's jacket choice." Either that, or confess to your lie.

cncmin

Reaction score
Yes, it's clear Howie is just fuming upset. He's OUTRaGED! I mean he's clearly lost control of himself here, huh?

You clearly don't understand the difference between your ilk being mocked for your past outrage, and actual outrage. Egads.

Section2

Reaction score
Yes, it's clear Howie is just fuming upset. He's OUTRaGED! I mean he's clearly lost control of himself here, huh?

You clearly don't understand the difference between your ilk being mocked for your past outrage, and actual outrage. Egads.
Yeah, 10-20 posts a day raging about trump. I’d say he’s lost control of himself.
I mean, he’s not using the word ilk consistently in posts, so he’s not hopeless

Section2

Reaction score
No one is charged up. Melania was clearly sending a message. We can debate what it was whether it matters. In the grant scheme of things it's not important. That doesn't mean you can't discuss it.
Ok let’s discuss it. What message do you think she wanted to send?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Yeah, 10-20 posts a day raging about trump. I’d say he’s lost control of himself.
I kinda like these two goofs, Howie and cncmin, b/c they are entertaining and relatively mild as adversaries go on the OTB. cncmin says he’s worried about me b/c I’m losing it as evidenced by my increased posting, but then he and Howie relentlessly demand that I answer their questions.

I’m going to have to pace myself. I can’t keep up this Howie pace much longer. My wife’s going to think I’m cheating on her with some internet babe.

cncmin

Reaction score

No, in most of his posts he's mocking you and your ilk. He's pretty clever about it too.

cncmin

Reaction score
I kinda like these two goofs, Howie and cncmin, b/c they are entertaining and relatively mild as adversaries go on the OTB. cncmin says he’s worried about me b/c I’m losing it as evidenced by my increased posting, but then he and Howie relentlessly demand that I answer their questions.

I’m going to have to pace myself. I can’t keep up this Howie pace much longer. My wife’s going to think I’m cheating on her with some internet babe.
I am truly worried about you. You are becoming angry and vitriolic and non-sensical. Please take a break for a while; or at least be aware that someone is warning you that something is not right.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I am truly worried about you. You are becoming angry and vitriolic and non-sensical. Please take a break for a while; or at least be aware that someone is warning you that something is not right.
Hahahahaha. :clap:

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
False equivalency.

Top Bottom