Should a parent not have empathy?

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
So your point is no matter what the Trump administration has done- even if it is more of what the Obama administration has done...you are angry at Trump for it. Got it. Everything remains normal in leftworld. You create problems and then you blame others for not fixing them.

Why don't you tell us what border policy should be. Thanks in advance.
Don’t worry right wing extremist, the illegal immigrants won’t hurt you. It’ll be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
KGF was likely a very good person a decade or two ago. And then he got hooked on Fox Noise and his heart shrank three sizes. Now he is a full supporter of almost all of the policies of a completely immoral man and his henchmen, even ones that include cruelty to young children, which he'll defend against any morally logical argument. Next he'll be stealing the Christmas trees and toys from the kids in Whoville.
Oh stop! You didn’t have a problem with me until I hurt your ego a few weeks ago. Get over it!

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
If I were a Liberal snowflake, my response to you would be:

I’m offended. I’m offended for Otto Warmbier, and those that have died at the hands of Iranian and Syrian tyranny. For those that were raped, tortured, and killed by ISIS.

I’m offended for the Jews that died at the hands of the Nazis.

You are minimizing those tyrants and dictators crimes against humanity. How dare you!!!
Yer from Minnesota and you don’t like snowflakes??? ?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
This was what Hillary said in 2014:

Clinton gave an answer that is sure to rile some in her base when she defended Obama's deportation practices.
"We have to understand the difficulty that President Obama finds himself in because there are laws that impose certain obligations on him," Clinton said in response to a questioner who called Obama the "deporter-in-chief."
But she was pressed by Amanpour about tens of thousands of children fleeing Central American countries and crossing the southern border into the United States. It's become a major problem that some liken to a humanitarian crisis.
The Obama administration has stepped up efforts to begin deportation proceedings, and Clinton supports sending them home, if possible.
"They should be sent back as soon as it can be determined who responsible adults in their families are, because there are concerns whether all of them should be sent back," Clinton said. "But I think all of them who can be should be reunited with their families."
On this problem particularly, Clinton later said, "We have so to send a clear message, just because your child gets across the border, that doesn't mean the child gets to stay. So, we don't want to send a message that is contrary to our laws or will encourage more children to make that dangerous journey."

Wow, that’s sounds strangely familiar. Who would’ve thought that Obama and Hillary were as horrible as Republicans just 4 short years ago?
Not one of you Lefties has addressed this post. How about you answer some of my questions?

cncmin

Reaction score
Oh stop! You didn’t have a problem with me until I hurt your ego a few weeks ago. Get over it!
how do you figure you "hurt my ego"? I cannot recall ever negatively concerning myself with anything you have ever said.

That said, I stand by what I said. People who support cruelty to children cannot be in a proper place.

cncmin

Reaction score
I don’t spend anymore time watching Fox News than I do reading this forum. I’m no more attached to this forum than most of the frequent posters here, like yourself.

I will say that very little of what I watch on Fox News strengthens my Conservativism. The primary thing that strengthens my Conservativism is reading the Lefties on this forum.
This ain't 2000 or even 2006 anymore. FOX News is far more Talk Radio-Pseudo-Fascism than Conservatism these days. You want real Conservatism, you're looking in the wrong place. Read George Will. Listen to David Brooks. Follow John McCain. Remember Ronald Reagan.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
This ain't 2000 or even 2006 anymore. FOX News is far more Talk Radio-Pseudo-Fascism than Conservatism these days. You want real Conservatism, you're looking in the wrong place. Read George Will. Listen to David Brooks. Follow John McCain. Remember Ronald Reagan.
Thanks for the laugh cncmin. Will is a Conservative, but he just hates Trump for personal reasons. David Brooks? Hahahaha. John McCain? I respect his service, but he is political philosophy is best described as inconsistent. Heck, I don’t think Trump is a Conservative.
And please don’t compare them to Ronald Reagan. He was the great leader.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Not one of you Lefties has addressed this post. How about you answer some of my questions?
Just now reading this. They were talking about children who were making the journey on their own, ie the parents had already made the decision to separate from the kids. But you know that.

I do think that policy was incorrect, but it wasn't a policy that has the intended consequence of separating children from their families. In fact, the Obama administration consciously rejected the idea:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...08400242c2e_story.html?utm_term=.24772f9c1502

justthefacts

Reaction score
By the way, I did just want to remind outraged Conservatives that the comparisons to Hitler were going other way just a couple of years ago:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ma_to_hitler_my_favorite_examples_of_the.html
https://www.thedailybeast.com/wingnuts-excerptobama-as-hitler

And Stalin:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/01/23/stalin-muhammad-and-obama.html
https://www.mediamatters.org/resear...denial-belied-by-fox-news-repeated-com/156795

I do think the comparisons are inappropriate and counter-productive now too, but let's all be honest with ourselves.

Also:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bisonation

Reaction score
Don’t worry right wing extremist, the illegal immigrants won’t hurt you. It’ll be ok.

say that to Kate in San Francisco. or the Monticello Minnesota school advisor killed by an illegal few months back... he was deported 3 times. dont worry he only got 4 years in prison id give him 40

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Just now reading this. They were talking about children who were making the journey on their own, ie the parents had already made the decision to separate from the kids. But you know that.

I do think that policy was incorrect, but it wasn't a policy that has the intended consequence of separating children from their families.
Yes, I do know that. But I made several other points which were challenged. 1) crossing Mexico is dangerous for anyone, let alone children, unaccompanied or accompanied, 2) illegal crossings are a problem for the US, 3) illegals are either not allowed in or they are allowed in, negating most deterrents to illegal crossing, 4) children are being used as pawns by parents attempting to enter the country illegally and criminals for criminal purposes, and 5) following the law imposes demands on those that are constitutionally obligated to uphold them.

What do you say to the above?

justthefacts

Reaction score
say that to Kate in San Francisco. or the Monticello Minnesota school advisor killed by an illegal few months back... he was deported 3 times. dont worry he only got 4 years in prison id give him 40
White males murder dozens of people every day. Perhaps we should detain all white male children.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/

EDIT: Removed images as I can't seem to resize them to make the board readable. Apparently this board doesn't support [RESIZE] BBCode

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
White males murder dozens of people every day. Perhaps we should detail all white male children.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/

If I’m understanding your first chart correctly (I couldn’t access the Wapo article), these rates are per 100,000 population of Texans. In other words, absolute totals, not per capita. Since Undocumented immigrants are about 3% of the total population and native born are an extremely large portion (I would assume 90+%) of the 100,000, this would suggest that undocumented immigrants commit a disproportionately large amount of crime relative to their small representation. Just less absolute totals.

Regarding the second chart, I believe much of those statistics have been debunked as bogus and flawed research as that data is extremely unreliable b/c of the difficulty getting accurate information. I think the first chart is much more reliable.

GopherJake

Reaction score
these rates are per 100,000 population of Texans. In other words, absolute totals, not per capita.
Yer brilliant KFC. I suggest you quit this thread. The quote above, along with your position on a senator refusing to sign legislation, you have won the thread. Claim victory and turn on Fox and Friends.

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Longtime GOP strategist and McCain campaign manager has left the Party of Trump

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Utah Lt. Gov

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Yer brilliant KFC. I suggest you quit this thread. The quote above, along with your position on a senator refusing to sign legislation, you have won the thread. Claim victory and turn on Fox and Friends.
Why don’t you detail for me how I’m wrong then?

stocker08

Reaction score
I didn’t like one thing about Trump before he became President except that he wasn’t Hillary.

I don’t want to encourage immigrants to send their kids with strangers to the US. I don’t want to encourage families to illegally cross the border, so that more think that is a good move. I don’t want kids hurt on their journey across Mexico b/c of the risk. And so on.
You didn't like one thing about Trump before he became president? But he became a republican president and now you love him.

No surprises there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Jake, if 90% of a 100K population, otherwise expressed as 90,000 people, are committing 4 murders, and 3% of 100K, or 3,000 people, are committing 3 murders, who is committing murders at a higher rate, 4 in 90K or 3 in 3K?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You didn't like one thing about Trump before he became president? But he became a republican president and now you love him.

No surprises there.

Love is a strong term. I like much of the agenda he is pushing, not all. And the jury is out on some, like trade.

stocker08

Reaction score
Love is a strong term. I like much of the agenda he is pushing, not all. And the jury is out on some, like trade.
You were wearing your MAGA hat proudly as you entered the voting facility in 2016. Probably still wearing it today.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Longtime GOP strategist and McCain campaign manager has left the Party of Trump

The whole thread is a must read:

29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump. It is corrupt, indecent and immoral. With the exception of a few Governors like Baker, Hogan and Kasich it is filled with feckless cowards who disgrace and dishonor the legacies of the party’s greatest leaders. This child separation policy is connected to the worst abuses of humanity in our history. It is connected by the same evil that separated families during slavery and dislocated tribes and broke up Native American families. It is immoral and must be repudiated. Our country is in trouble. Our politics are badly broken. The first step to a season of renewal in our land is the absolute and utter repudiation of Trump and his vile enablers in the 2018 election by electing Democratic majorities. I do not say this as an advocate of a progressive agenda. I say it as someone who retains belief in DEMOCRACY and decency. On Ronald Reagan’s grave are these words. "I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life." He would be ashamed of McConnell and Ryan and all the rest while this corrupt government establishes internment camps for babies. Everyone of these complicit leaders will carry this shame through history. There legacies will be ones of well earned ignominy. They have disgraced their country and brought dishonor to the Party of Lincoln. I have spent much of my life working in GOP politics. I have always believed that both parties were two of the most important institutions to the advancement of human freedom and dignity in the history of the world. Today the GOP has become a danger to our democracy and values. This Independent voter will be aligned with the only party left in America that stands for what is right and decent and remains fidelitous to our Republic, objective truth, the rule of law and our Allies. That party is the Democratic Party.

The "Party of Lincoln" passage hit a note for me, as I had the opportunity a week ago to visit the Lincoln presidential library and museum. I had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes through most of that visit. "Lincoln the Savior" it says on a mural toward the end of the tour, and indeed he saved the country. I came out of there feeling like the country does truly need a saving once in a while, and this feels like one of those times.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You were wearing your MAGA hat proudly as you entered the voting facility in 2016. Probably still wearing it today.

I don’t have one, but it’s better than the tinfoil hat that you’re wearing.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
The only thing you can do is vote democrat in November. Until Trump is out and the GOP comes to grips with what it has become and reforms all you can do is vote D. The GOP only enables Trump.

stocker08

Reaction score
I don’t have one, but it’s better than the tinfoil hat that you’re wearing.
What if I just made a new one today? Would it be worse than your crusty, stained, worn out MAGA hat?

Section2

Reaction score
This child separation policy is connected to the worst abuses of humanity in our history.
It's just not even close. This is insane.
It's not the I think the admin is blameless, this is clearly not well thought out or well communicated. If you take the least charitable view, they deliberately separated children from parents to set an example for future illegal immigrants. And again, unless they are claiming amnesty, that separation is going to be a day or two.
Good, caring, empathetic? No.

Worst abuse of humanity in history? Cmon, it's not even in the ballpark.

Top Bottom