Seth Green in Transfer Portal

MGGopher

Reaction score
This is a great landing spot for Seth. Dana Halgorson's offense really does spread the ball around. I hope he stays at like a flex-TE position and gets some opportunities to catch the ball.
Absolutely. He was a "tweener" in the MN offense: way too small to be a useful interior blocker at TE, but not quite fast/quick enough to be a regular difference maker at WR. A true spread offense is a much better fit as he'll find himself matched up with LB's more often in both the passing and running games. I'm honestly surprised he landed at such a high level program (not P5, but close) and wish him luck!

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Absolutely. He was a "tweener" in the MN offense: way too small to be a useful interior blocker at TE, but not quite fast/quick enough to be a regular difference maker at WR. A true spread offense is a much better fit as he'll find himself matched up with LB's more often in both the passing and running games. I'm honestly surprised he landed at such a high level program (not P5, but close) and wish him luck!

I think part of it for him is that he is absolutely zero headache and selfless. For Houston, if he doesn't work out on the field, at a minimum he will likely help off the field.

There is also the fact that Houston doesn't run the ball very well. I'd guess Seth's wildcat days are not over.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Tight End?

Only because he wants to make the league. We moved him to TE first, and it quite obviously didn't work out. I don't know why, but wild guess would be because he's not very good at the kind of blocking that is required of a TE.

EDIT: OK. Reading MG's post makes sense, I just don't follow (or have any sympathy for) spread style offenses.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Hopefully it works out well for Seth. Assume he has some family out in that area as well.

stocker08

Reaction score
Good luck to Seth. Loved his contributions to the team.

eker0016

Importer Exporter
Reaction score
One of my favorite Gophers of the last decade. Sad to see him go. Good luck to him!

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Hope he does well in Houston! He is one of those players whom I will follow this coming fall. He'll provide great leadership to his new teammates.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Going to miss the "Green Line"
Was fun while it lasted and was cool that we found a way to get Seth involved with the offense. But I don't think the Green Line concept really fit into Sanford's offense as it really wasn't much of a factor last year.

Hopefully things work out well for him down in Houston.

Tommyboy

Reaction score
He started at Woodbury HS, he left for Texas, I believe the Woodbury coach lost his job for recruiting kids. He split time in Texas, then lost his scholarship to Oregon. Went to the Gophers and never started. Big athletic guy.

OddStack

Reaction score
He started at Woodbury HS, he left for Texas, I believe the Woodbury coach lost his job for recruiting kids. He split time in Texas, then lost his scholarship to Oregon. Went to the Gophers and never started. Big athletic guy.
It was East Ridge HS

PMWinSTP

Reaction score
Well, there was a coaching change. It would have been fun to see how he would have performed at QB in Claeys offense. I think he would have done very well. Either way, he's a complete stand-up young man who gave us some great highlights.

Top Bottom