Seth Green in Transfer Portal

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Minor loss. I do like Seth and wish him well. Guessing he wants more opportunities to catch passes

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Minor loss. I do like Seth and wish him well. Guessing he wants more opportunities to catch passes

Sorry to see him go but can understand it. Seemed like we didn't go to the Green line as much under Sanford last year so that may have played into his decision to try and go somehwere for a year where he can be a larger part of the offense.

Some guy

Reaction score
Don’t really mind it. We are less likely to mess up our offensive flow with a wild cat now.

I don’t mind the green line.
I think the green line was about as successful of a wild cat package as anyone could hope for. I don’t like using it when the offense is clicking. I don’t like using it when the offense isn’t clicking.

So basically, I only like it when the game is kind of blah and it works too. Hard to do well.
Green did it well.

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Speculation, but if you’re coach and a kid has two degrees wouldn’t you encourage them to move on? Whether it saves scholarship $ at the U or provides the player a chance to grow in another program, it seems like a good move.

He was fun to watch and very valuable to Fleck’s transition at the U.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Watching Mo block for Seth Green from the Wildcat has been fun.

Guys like Seth are what make college football special. He found his role and helped us win football games. He graduated college and got his master's degree.

I think Seth probably goes somewhere to play QB and I'll be cheering for him.

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if Seth played QB somewhere. He hasn't for 5 years. Doesn't seem like now is the time. Had he wanted that I think he would have transferred sooner.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
So - the question is - do the Gophers find a new "wildcat" QB -
or, do they go to other options? (standard offense in goal-line situations; find a dual-threat QB who can run and pass out of regular sets?)

I would personally rather have a regular QB who is more of a running threat. Doesn't have to run the ball 10-15 times a game, but in the right situation, would be nice to have a regular QB who can take off and run for a 1st down.

TurfGopher

Reaction score
It was always interesting when he was on the field. He was a swiss army knife for the offense and I hope he makes the most out of playing another year somewhere else.

CurveballJesus

Reaction score
So - the question is - do the Gophers find a new "wildcat" QB -
or, do they go to other options? (standard offense in goal-line situations; find a dual-threat QB who can run and pass out of regular sets?)

I would personally rather have a regular QB who is more of a running threat. Doesn't have to run the ball 10-15 times a game, but in the right situation, would be nice to have a regular QB who can take off and run for a 1st down.

Dylan McGill is probably the best bet if they stick with a big wildcat.

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
I will miss Seth. He was a positive force. He played whatever role he was given. Fans loved him. But he’s got a BA and an MA now. If he wants to play somewhere for a year as a flex TE—something he is built for—I wish him the very best. He’s a great young man.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
As some have said, an ideal representation of what we want out of a student-athlete at the U. Seth stuck with us through position changes, an evolving role and his name getting dragged into that scandal. Very thankful and proud to call Seth a Gopher for life!

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Dylan McGill is probably the best bet if they stick with a big wildcat.

The film of McGill’s runs is pretty impressive. He’s big, fast a kind of shifty. I’d say that by 2022, and maybe even this coming year, the Wildcat position is his. If we keep running the wildcat ...

BigGopher69

Reaction score
to the MAC? hard to see him going to another power 5 school

MplsGopher

Reaction score
In a tweet, he classified himself as a flex TE. I'm guessing he sees that as his best opportunity at the pro level, and wasn't going to get the chance here to showcase those skills.
Maybe this is still correct, but I thought he was first moved to TE from QB here by Fleck?

Perhaps in Ciarrocca's offense (at least what he ran when he was here) with the TE basically just blocking most of the time, he didn't want to do that?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if Seth played QB somewhere. He hasn't for 5 years. Doesn't seem like now is the time. Had he wanted that I think he would have transferred sooner.
I would think he could play QB at a smaller school, if he just wants to put the pads on one more season and whip the ball around?

MennoSota

Reaction score
I am impressed that he has both his undergrad and graduate work done. He leaves UMN with a great resume. Maybe he will go to Harvard for his doctorate and finish out strong on their football team.
Best wishes to Seth on the next leg in his journey.

Top Bottom