Season tickets remaining 2021

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
If he announces 50 percent capacity. Those of us who left our dough at the u should get approved first

Taji34

Reaction score
I would expect the stadium plan will be tied to case numbers and/or % vaccinated. That way 1. There doesn't need to be a new announcement for every phase, and 2. It gives sports fans an insentive to get vaccinated even if you do not feel like you are in danger.

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
I have little kids, so the quick stairs up for bathroom runs are great!
Me too.... thankfully it's just a few stairs and a straight shot for us.

If there's a timeout I can get the kids to the bathroom and back without missing a play!

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
FWIW - a "source" claims that MN is going to allow the Twins to start the season with in-person fans up to 25% of capacity. and as of March 5, just under 19% of state residents have received one dose of vaccine and just over 10% have completed their vaccinations.
The vaccine rollout is turbo charged right now. If you are over 50 you can get it. I think by fall we will be in a much better place and could have good sized crowds

2nd Degree Gopher

Reaction score
The vaccine rollout is turbo charged right now. If you are over 50 you can get it. I think by fall we will be in a much better place and could have good sized crowds
Biden said last night anyone who wants the vac can have it by May no reason not to allow 100%.
Things are definitely looking better, but neither of these things are true. In Minnesota, people 50-65 are only eligible if they are living in “multi-generational households,” where three or more generations reside, such as an elder, a parent and a grandchild. or if they meet some other eligibility criterion like underlying health issues, qualifying employment, etc.

Biden wants states to open access to the vaccine to all adults by May 1, but at the current projected pace it will still take a 2-3 months to get all of those people fully vaccinated and the states will still be in charge of implementing programs to get it done.

But we are getting there and I am growing more and more hopeful we will have something resembling a normal football season this fall.

Taji34

Reaction score
Things are definitely looking better, but neither of these things are true. In Minnesota, people 50-65 are only eligible if they are living in “multi-generational households,” where three or more generations reside, such as an elder, a parent and a grandchild. or if they meet some other eligibility criterion like underlying health issues, qualifying employment, etc.

Biden wants states to open access to the vaccine to all adults by May 1, but at the current projected pace it will still take a 2-3 months to get all of those people fully vaccinated and the states will still be in charge of implementing programs to get it done.

But we are getting there and I am growing more and more hopeful we will have something resembling a normal football season this fall.
There is a full 4 months between May 1st and the home opener for the gophers. Plus any distribution/logistical improvements between now and then. I'm certainly optimistic at what the pandemic will look like by then.

Some guy

Reaction score
There is a full 4 months between May 1st and the home opener for the gophers. Plus any distribution/logistical improvements between now and then. I'm certainly optimistic at what the pandemic will look like by then.
The demand for the vaccine is going to run out before September (at least in the US)

When there is nobody in September who wants a vaccine anymore...what justification will there be to have things shut down at all?

Taji34

Reaction score
The demand for the vaccine is going to run out before September (at least in the US)

When there is nobody in September who wants a vaccine anymore...what justification will there be to have things shut down at all?
Well, demand will run out if they can adequately get everyone who wants it vaccinated, but I see your point. Realistically (knock on wood), everyone who is planning to get vaccinated will probably be vaccinated by September.

Flecknation

Reaction score
not from the website we would have to contact the actual ticket office or wait for an official statement. I'm sure we can call

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
do not wait for a call. The ticket call center was shut down due to covid. You call them and leave a number and someone working from home calls you back.

GopherRob

Reaction score
I don't think we can read much into these numbers. The season ticket base for the last couple of "normal" years has been reported to be in the 21,000 range. The renewal deadline for 2021 is the end of April and I expect that they will spend time after that reaching out to anyone who failed to renew to try to get them to re-up. All of those seats will be "unavailable" on the map until that process is complete. There are likely also seats being held out of the inventory while they wait to see what level of capacity will be allowed. So, short of talking to someone in the athletic department, I don't think we can tell much about how sales are going.
This ^^^^

Oregon Gopher

Guardian of the Western Front
Reaction score

Only thing I can think of is interim propagation of a new problematic mutation. The fewer people who get immunized early the more likely that is to occur.

PoockItInfor6

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is interim propagation of a new problematic mutation. The fewer people who get immunized early the more likely that is to occur.
Kind of annoyed I’ve stayed inside and not gotten the weak version before that Brazil one makes the rounds... 😉

Top Bottom