Scratch 2 top Iranian military terrorists

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You think the injuries the soldiers suffered were all minor, correct? So why did Trump lie about them?
Who says it was a “lie”? He said he was told, originally 11, then a week or more later 34.

Yes, concussions aren’t typically as bad as losing a life or limbs.

17 of the 34 have returned to duty.

Do you imagine the other 17 are doomed to a fate like jam jam’s video? What is your evidence?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

howeda7

Reaction score
Who says it was a “lie”? He said he was told, originally 11, then a week or more later 34.

Yes, concussions aren’t typically as bad as losing a life or limbs.

17 of the 34 have returned to duty.

Do you imagine the other 17 are doomed to a fate like jam jam’s video? What is your evidence?
The day after he said he was told there was none. Why did he lie?

howeda7

Reaction score
Lay out your timeline, then I’ll reply. I have no idea what you’re saying happened when.
''We suffered no casualties — all of our soldiers are safe — and only minimal damage was sustained at our military bases,'' Trump said in a statement from the White House.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
''We suffered no casualties — all of our soldiers are safe — and only minimal damage was sustained at our military bases,'' Trump said in a statement from the White House.

Stop being so damned lazy if you’re going to take issue with this stuff. Lay out your timeline.

Trump made his statements in the immediate aftermath based on what he was told. Days later, it was reported that their were actually 11 concussions. Even later, the DOD revised it to 34. My guess is that most of those soldiers didn’t know they had concussions until symptoms started to be noticed.

That’s not lying.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see just how long this thread keeps moving along. 24 pages already is pretty impressive

howeda7

Reaction score
Stop being so damned lazy if you’re going to take issue with this stuff. Lay out your timeline.

Trump made his statements in the immediate aftermath based on what he was told. Days later, it was reported that their were actually 11 concussions. Even later, the DOD revised it to 34. My guess is that most of those soldiers didn’t know they had concussions until symptoms started to be noticed.

That’s not lying.
So they didn't know about any of the injuries 24 hours later? Link?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
So they didn't know about any of the injuries 24 hours later? Link?
I said, give me the timeline of your accusations. I have no idea what timeline you are alleging. I don’t think you do either.

If you’re saying that Trump made a statement, then some time after that found out the information has changed, the earlier statement is not a lie.

Section2

Reaction score
TDS on full display. From, oh my god he's going to start WW3, new war with Iran, he's a maniac, they're going to reinstitute the draft!
to:
He said they had headaches when it was concussions, what a monster!

Does Howie realize how pathetic this is? Yeah, Trump downplayed this. It's probably tone deaf. It's yet another example of his speeches and tweets being too off the cuff and casual. But can you really incessantly whine about it after the sheer moral panic that you immediately spread to start with?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Nah, it is more Trump's desire to have the best of everything. Biggest inaugural crowd. Perfect phone call. Everything has to be the bestest most awesomest. Works in real estate, perhaps, where exaggeration is expected. But it would be nice if he could tone that down, and give an accurate picture.

howeda7

Reaction score
I said, give me the timeline of your accusations. I have no idea what timeline you are alleging. I don’t think you do either.

If you’re saying that Trump made a statement, then some time after that found out the information has changed, the earlier statement is not a lie.
How many times do I have to repeat the time timeline? The day after the attack, Trump stood in front of cameras and said there were "no casualties." That wasn't true. Why did he lie?

GoodasGold

Reaction score
How many times do I have to repeat the time timeline? The day after the attack, Trump stood in front of cameras and said there were "no casualties." That wasn't true. Why did he lie?
According to his lawyers, he can’t help himself.

howeda7

Reaction score
Nah, it is more Trump's desire to have the best of everything. Biggest inaugural crowd. Perfect phone call. Everything has to be the bestest most awesomest. Works in real estate, perhaps, where exaggeration is expected. But it would be nice if he could tone that down, and give an accurate picture.
Exactly. He needed it be "no casualties" because he's Mr. Big and Tough. He said "how many General?" and if it had been other then zero he was going to hit Iran like "we've never seen before." He couldn't say "there were some injuries but we're not going to respond and escalate this." So he lied. This apparently is so shocking to KGF that he can't process it.

Section2

Reaction score
Of course I agree. But we are so far past worrying about this. Had Ds just been fair and highlighted stuff like this, he would be a near lock to lose. But they couldn't do it.
And really, there have been probably 10 posts and a thread a day raging against Trump's words. At a certain point, we get it. But howie can't resist writing "believe me, I have the best words" 10 times a day. I'ts really sad.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Of course I agree. But we are so far past worrying about this. Had Ds just been fair and highlighted stuff like this, he would be a near lock to lose. But they couldn't do it.
And really, there have been probably 10 posts and a thread a day raging against Trump's words. At a certain point, we get it. But howie can't resist writing "believe me, I have the best words" 10 times a day. I'ts really sad.
You normalize his behavior. We do not think that is ok of you. Calling it out is not freaking out. We have to talk a little louder because people like you are deaf.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
And when was it reported that there were, in fact, 11 concussions? And when did that change to 34?

Was the DOD or press lying when they said 11?

Top Bottom