Rush Limbaugh, RIP

Spoofin

Reaction score
Let’s see if I can do this right....

DEMS: Former KKK member/leader & D Senator - that’s OK, he said he was sorry.

ALSO DEMS: Former R radio host says anti-gay comments decades ago - that’s NOT OK he was a racist, bigot, & evil person.

Wally

Reaction score
How successful do u think brees would have been had he not recanted? His views were cancelled.
Yea Brees giving a big fuck you to most of his teammates probably wouldn't translate into success on the field.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Wally

Reaction score

ALSO DEMS: Former R radio host says anti-gay comments decades ago - that’s NOT OK he was a racist, bigot, & evil person.
Rush is just vile in general, its definitely not one or even 50 things he has done, antigay comments are a drop in the very full bucket.

I wouldn't defend a former KKK member because they were a democrat. I can guarantee you that wouldn't fly today, not a chance in hell .

Wally

Reaction score
Yes, I get it —- not agreeing with you politically is “vile”. That was my point.
No being a selfish race baiting homophobic jerk riling people up with lies is vile. I would say it about anyone with those characteristics no matter their politics.

howeda7

Reaction score
That he admitted it was insensitive and stopped doing it. Not to mention that Rush L was attacked when he expressed opinions counter to lots of special interests groups, like LGBTQ. It takes two to tango. You fail to consider that context.

What group am I “doing the same to...”? LGTBQ? There are lots of different people characterized by that demographic, including conservative gays/lesbians, including Guy Benson, Tammy Bruce, Ric Grennell and so on.
He said he was insensitive and stopped? Please. He was still trashing Pete B. for kissing his husband less than a year ago. He was a homophobe to the end. There is no context that made what he did OK.

Section2

Reaction score
Are you saying they have to speak on a college campus? You are cancelled if you can't freely give a speech anywhere you want?

Is it cancel culture if the KKK wants to rent a black church but can't? Where is the line?

In general I think the vast majority speakers can speak on any college campus.

Most that get rejected are for security concerns. Are you saying the universities should be required to provide any level of security for any speaker?

Really?
Who is being rediculous?
If you are invited to speak by one group on a college campus, yes you should be free to speak. Shutting it down with violence is wrong. Why are you defending it?

Section2

Reaction score
Potential protesting of a speaker 80% of the student body disagrees with = "awful cancel culture! Something must be done!"

Can't guarantee the safety of the VP or the Congress from being killed by an angry cultist mob = "Rascals taking selfies. Move on."
The White House was literally under siege over the summer. And you blamed Trump for using tear gas. Spare me your pearl clutching about Pence who you hated with a passion right up until MAGA turned on him. . I already said multiple times how wrong any violent protest is, and in particular the capitol riots. Which served no purpose and was totally counter productive. I’ve also challenged the characterization of ALL the protesters. Clearly not everyone was a murderous lunatic.

potential protesting? No, violent protesting to shut down someone from speaking. If you don’t like what they have to say don’t listen. Ben Shapiro is so triggering to you that you feel it’s justified to violently attack him so he can’t talk? What is wrong with you?

Section2

Reaction score
All caps, melvin.

Didn't write a word about campus issues.

I'm glad you think the "capitol riot" is a "big problem." You also think a 50 year old transgender playing college basketball is a big problem. You also think canceled speeches are a big problem. I struggle to find equivalency between a fifty year old playing hoops in a way that makes you uncomfortable and the violent attempt to overthrow the US government.
I wrote a post exclusively about campus speech and you responded with a yeah but.
50 year old “college” males basketball players is ridiculous. It’s not a big problem. I didn’t say it was. Straw man again.
canceled speeches is a nice sanitized way to describe an activity you apparently support. Like all lefties, freedom of speech, free inquiry, and free expression are not ideas that you have any interest in defending. That’s sad.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

I’ll let you find the piece that is different here.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
The White House was literally under siege over the summer. And you blamed Trump for using tear gas. Spare me your pearl clutching about Pence who you hated with a passion right up until MAGA turned on him. . I already said multiple times how wrong any violent protest is, and in particular the capitol riots. Which served no purpose and was totally counter productive. I’ve also challenged the characterization of ALL the protesters. Clearly not everyone was a murderous lunatic.

potential protesting? No, violent protesting to shut down someone from speaking. If you don’t like what they have to say don’t listen. Ben Shapiro is so triggering to you that you feel it’s justified to violently attack him so he can’t talk? What is wrong with you?
It wasn’t under siege to the point the President couldn’t take a walk when he wanted to.

jamiche

Reaction score

Trump played golf nearly every day last summer, melvy. I guess he disguised himself to look like a human being in order to sneak out. Business was conducted normally. They even disregarded covid. No siege.

howeda7

Reaction score

The White House was not "under siege". Stop lying.

I'm not advocating violence. But you're whining about a speech that never happened. They cancelled it due to concerns about protests. OK. And? Is the college obligated to provide a secure location no matter the logistics or cost? His free speech was not infringed. He could have gone and given his speech in any public place in campus. He would not have been arrested.

howeda7

Reaction score
It's so great that a thread about Rush Limbaugh turned into a general airing of white male grievance
Well, he felt he was The Republican king maker and that is their platform. Along with worshipping Dear Leader of course.

stocker08

Reaction score
Sorry, but you can't see any of the irony in any of your posts.
You're too close to the lunacy to realize what you and your right wing buddies have become. Whiny victims.

stocker08

Reaction score
How successful do u think brees would have been had he not recanted? His views were cancelled. Trump was correct in identifying fake news but no outlet was cancelled.

My examples unare very big deals on their own but also as they dont happen in a vacuum. Cancel culture springs from left campus faculty staffs and left media that are pushing an agenda which is helped along thru cancellation. Conservatives on campus could cause liberal speakers to require hundreds of cops and tens of thousands of dollars in security but they dont. Conservative groups could pressure advertisers to leave liberal shows but they dont. Conservative publications could fire editors for denouncing violence but they dont. Conservatives could push for all those things trump mentioned but they dont.

Below is info on cancellation of editors:

especially notice last 2 paragraphs here:
Wrong. Trump wasn't correct. He called everything he didn't like "fake news" and you zealots marched on it. But those calls for cancelation don't count because no outlet actually ceased to exist? Well you might need to go back through all of your incessant whining....because you threw out plenty of things that you called as an attack of "cancel culture" that were never actually canceled in any sense of the word.

Face it. Your examples are lousy and big nothing burgers. Conservatives use the same exact tactics. Again...the big difference is the left doesn't whine like the right does. The most powerful person in the world (Donald Dump) at the time was the loudest and most constant source of "cancel culture". The Kaep "cancel culture" example got weeks of backlash, anger, and whining from the right.

You're really detached from reality with this claim that "cancel culture" only stems from the left. Completely waters down your entire argument that cancel culture is a thing at all. Really it's just a boogeyman talking point fed to you sheep by people like Rush in order to keep you feeding at their trough of hysteria.

Take a chill pill and come back to reality.

USAF

Reaction score

LOLOLOL.

Spoof too dimwitted to realize he just torpedoed himself.

Hilarious.

A fraud AND an imbecile.

Wally

Reaction score
If you are invited to speak by one group on a college campus, yes you should be free to speak. Shutting it down with violence is wrong. Why are you defending it?
I am not defending it, who are you blaming?
Is it the colleges fault?
Tell me what the answer is?

Who's responsibility is it to pay for security so someone can hold a public forum at a University??

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
I am not defending it, who are you blaming?
Is it the colleges fault?
Tell me what the answer is?

Who's responsibility is it to pay for security so someone can hold a public forum at a University??
It’s campus activist leftists fault, they are the ones conducting the intimidation and violence.
but it is allowed to go on because of the attitude of people like you and Howie. Supposed moderates just don’t care. It’s a cultural problem. It doesn’t move the needle for you at all.

Section2

Reaction score
The White House was not "under siege". Stop lying.

I'm not advocating violence. But you're whining about a speech that never happened. They cancelled it due to concerns about protests. OK. And? Is the college obligated to provide a secure location no matter the logistics or cost? His free speech was not infringed. He could have gone and given his speech in any public place in campus. He would not have been arrested.
Of course it was. You’ve already forgotten how you tried to label Trump “bunker Don”?
I’m not whining about “a speech”. This has happened dozens of times at colleges across the country. It has nothing to do with arrests. You are a joke. Pearl clutch for me, yeah but for thee.

golf

Reaction score
Wrong. Trump wasn't correct. He called everything he didn't like "fake news" and you zealots marched on it. But those calls for cancelation don't count because no outlet actually ceased to exist? Well you might need to go back through all of your incessant whining....because you threw out plenty of things that you called as an attack of "cancel culture" that were never actually canceled in any sense of the word.

Face it. Your examples are lousy and big nothing burgers. Conservatives use the same exact tactics. Again...the big difference is the left doesn't whine like the right does. The most powerful person in the world (Donald Dump) at the time was the loudest and most constant source of "cancel culture". The Kaep "cancel culture" example got weeks of backlash, anger, and whining from the right.

You're really detached from reality with this claim that "cancel culture" only stems from the left. Completely waters down your entire argument that cancel culture is a thing at all. Really it's just a boogeyman talking point fed to you sheep by people like Rush in order to keep you feeding at their trough of hysteria.

Take a chill pill and come back to reality.
All of the examples i gave actually happened and/or are still happening. Your trump examples never happened and the kaep example largely happened because he did it on company time.

If you dont see the grand canyon sized difference between these two situations then i dont know what else to say. There are gh posters who also say the media is unbiased and there is an equivalence between left/right extremism so i guess this is in that same vein.

About the only thing i agree with lebron is he said it is like people are living in 2 separate worlds. I really wonder if the only solution is to give mega power to the states so then each side is free to do what they want in this postmodern world. Anyway, thanks for the dialogue.

Last edited:

jamiche

Reaction score
I wrote a post exclusively about campus speech and you responded with a yeah but.
50 year old “college” males basketball players is ridiculous. It’s not a big problem. I didn’t say it was. Straw man again.
canceled speeches is a nice sanitized way to describe an activity you apparently support. Like all lefties, freedom of speech, free inquiry, and free expression are not ideas that you have any interest in defending. That’s sad.
You and your fellow magats are attempting to compare and equate some speeches canceled on campuses, transgenders playing girls' sports and the protests last summer with the trump led magat attempt to overthrow the American gov't, including the attempted murder of the VP and congressional leaders. Find something else to pour your tiny heart and soul into, melv.

jamiche

Reaction score
An actual straw man. The capitol riot was a big problem. I didn’t argue it wasn’t. It’s unacceptable, as I said.
yet you ARE all arguing that there is no free speech problem on campus since there weren’t any arrests.
I'm not arguing about free speech on campus. I'm pointing out your lame attempts to compare and equate it to your fellow magats' attempt to violently overthrow our government. I'm also mocking you for your petty grievances. When you have begun to display some common sense and maturity, we can discuss the topic of free speech on campus. However, we aren't going to equate any problems on campus with the horror that took place at the capitol last month. If you want to discuss a fifty year old transgender playing girls' hoops, bring it up in social studies class or with the girls' basketball coach.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

Was thinking exactly the same thing.

Poobah and his clan of Jam Jamers are incredibly dishonest.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
You and your fellow magats are attempting to compare and equate some speeches canceled on campuses, transgenders playing girls' sports and the protests last summer with the trump led magat attempt to overthrow the American gov't, including the attempted murder of the VP and congressional leaders. Find something else to pour your tiny heart and soul into, melv.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lying again.

CUOMO!!!!!!

Spoofin

Reaction score
I’ll let you find the piece that is different here.
I see it.
- There was a “D” in the first scenario and an “R” in the second. There was also a “KKK” in the first, but the “D” cancelled that out.
See, I do pay attention on GH.

jamiche

Reaction score
Of course it was. You’ve already forgotten how you tried to label Trump “bunker Don”?
I’m not whining about “a speech”. This has happened dozens of times at colleges across the country. It has nothing to do with arrests. You are a joke. Pearl clutch for me, yeah but for thee.
I decided to fact check your number of injured SS agents and the only sites that gave numbers were RW sites, so we know it's bullshit. Fact based, credible sites used the word "multiple." Keep efforting.

Top Bottom