Rush Limbaugh, RIP

RememberMurray

Reaction score
So many victims on the Right. They just can't get a fair shake. Everybody is out to get them!

howeda7

Reaction score
So many victims on the Right. They just can't get a fair shake. Everybody is out to get them!
Now you understand why they had to take up their guns and try and kill Senators...what choice did they have?

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Right from the first page you can see your fellow righties getting upset . Not surprised to see you continue in denial and ignore that. It's the meltdown mode righties MO these days. Maybe if you all claim to be victims, it will magically become true.
Sorry, but you can't see any of the irony in any of your posts.

jamiche

Reaction score
Canceling speech on campus was and is happening. Canceling chikfila to get at salvation army happened. Canceling editors' jobs for condemning burning and looting happened. Canceling of Drew Brees position on the flag happened. Canceling of conservative thought throughout the nation is happening through diversity trainings. Attempting to cancel conservative shows thru pressuring advertisers is happening (Media Matters). Canceling a newspaper for running a true story at a most critical time happened. These are all very big deals in and of themselves and also for what they show is going on in each area at large. By contrast, none of those things mentioned by trump happened as no one on the right took him seriously. The left, though, is very serious.
Canceling the presidential election because you lost.

Section2

Reaction score
Drew Brees was far from cancelled. He walked back his comments because of how they went over with his teammates not "the left." And the NBA changed what they allowed players to do this season versus last summer in response to Trumpsters whining and boycotting. The very cancel culture they're whining about.
Yeah, no one was arrested for free speech on campus. They just couldn’t guarantee the safety of the speakers so the weren’t allowed on campus. This is proof that there was no problem.

jamiche

Reaction score
Is that why your dick looks like a uterus under x-ray?
You contributed a surprisingly rock solid post a few pages back that indicated an understanding of the real for profit role that Limbaugh played in creating the mess we are in. Now "your dick looks like a uterus under x-ray?" C'mon.

jamiche

Reaction score
Yeah, no one was arrested for free speech on campus. They just couldn’t guarantee the safety of the speakers so the weren’t allowed on campus. This is proof that there was no problem.
Yeah, they just couldn't guarantee the safety of the Vice President of the United States when he was called upon to announce the certification of the presidential election, melvin. This is proof that there was no problem for about 140 repub congressional representatives and eventually six repub senators (one a brief, chilly Mexican desperado).

Section2

Reaction score
Yeah, they just couldn't guarantee the safety of the Vice President of the United States when he was called upon to announce the certification of the presidential election, melvin. This is proof that there was no problem for about 140 repub congressional representatives and eventually six repub senators (one a brief, chilly Mexican desperado).
An actual straw man. The capitol riot was a big problem. I didn’t argue it wasn’t. It’s unacceptable, as I said.
yet you ARE all arguing that there is no free speech problem on campus since there weren’t any arrests.

Section2

Reaction score
You contributed a surprisingly rock solid post a few pages back that indicated an understanding of the real for profit role that Limbaugh played in creating the mess we are in. Now "your dick looks like a uterus under x-ray?" C'mon.
For profit? Not that.
profits are evil, every prog knows that.

Section2

Reaction score
Can we an estimated timeline for the #deathofwomenssport?

I'm especially curious given that happened in 2012
Who thinks they’ll die? I think women’s sports will be awesome with men, I mean women.

Section2

Reaction score
Drew Brees was far from cancelled. He walked back his comments because of how they went over with his teammates not "the left." And the NBA changed what they allowed players to do this season versus last summer in response to Trumpsters whining and boycotting. The very cancel culture they're whining about.
Agreed. It was unacceptable that he supported his teammates kneeling but he was proud to stand for the flag because of his relatives who served.
The left supported him, but his teammates didn’t so he caved.

John Galt

Reaction score
That's hilarious! You think that you and your brethren are nonconformists? You're pathetically conformist. You just conform to shared beliefs that are worthless and wrong.
Every belief you have lines up perfectly with the worldview you were taught in public school and the MSM. Some of us call bullsh*t.

#non-conformist

jamiche

Reaction score
An actual straw man. The capitol riot was a big problem. I didn’t argue it wasn’t. It’s unacceptable, as I said.
yet you ARE all arguing that there is no free speech problem on campus since there weren’t any arrests.
All caps, melvin.

Didn't write a word about campus issues.

I'm glad you think the "capitol riot" is a "big problem." You also think a 50 year old transgender playing college basketball is a big problem. You also think canceled speeches are a big problem. I struggle to find equivalency between a fifty year old playing hoops in a way that makes you uncomfortable and the violent attempt to overthrow the US government.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
All caps, melvin.

I'm glad you think the "capitol riot" is a "big problem." You also think a 50 year old transgender playing college basketball is a big problem. You also think canceled speeches are a big problem. I struggle to find equivalency between a fifty year old playing hoops in a way that makes you uncomfortable and the violent attempt to overthrow the US government.
Bingo.

howeda7

Reaction score
Potential protesting of a speaker 80% of the student body disagrees with = "awful cancel culture! Something must be done!"

Can't guarantee the safety of the VP or the Congress from being killed by an angry cultist mob = "Rascals taking selfies. Move on."

howeda7

Reaction score
All caps, melvin.

I struggle to find equivalency between a fifty year old playing hoops in a way that makes you uncomfortable and the violent attempt to overthrow the US government.
Look the insurrection is old news. But this woman playing basketball is an ongoing travesty! Oh, it's from 9 years ago?

Wally

Reaction score
Are you saying they have to speak on a college campus? You are cancelled if you can't freely give a speech anywhere you want?

Is it cancel culture if the KKK wants to rent a black church but can't? Where is the line?

In general I think the vast majority speakers can speak on any college campus.

Most that get rejected are for security concerns. Are you saying the universities should be required to provide any level of security for any speaker?

Really?
Who is being rediculous?

howeda7

Reaction score
He was so demoralized by "Leftist Cancel Culture" that his arm gave out. True story. Believe me.
This may be fake news. Drew Brees is apparently going to war with leftists and coming back for one more year.....

golf

Reaction score
Right wing groups do the same thing on campuses. Chikfila made a business decision. Canceling editors jobs? Source on that? Drew Brees never got "canceled". Conservative do the exact same thing. How about the calls of "fake news"? Probably the largest scale "cancel culture" example around. What news paper got "canceled".

These aren't big deals. Either nothing got "canceled" or you victim righties completely blew it out of proportion because you are snowfalkes.

Again....Trump has a list of things he called to be "canceled". And his cult following absolutely agreed. The difference is that the left doesn't whine like the right does. Not even close. The righties just thnik that their calls of cancelation are warranted. Sad, but true. Suck it up and face the facts.
How successful do u think brees would have been had he not recanted? His views were cancelled. Trump was correct in identifying fake news but no outlet was cancelled.

My examples unare very big deals on their own but also as they dont happen in a vacuum. Cancel culture springs from left campus faculty staffs and left media that are pushing an agenda which is helped along thru cancellation. Conservatives on campus could cause liberal speakers to require hundreds of cops and tens of thousands of dollars in security but they dont. Conservative groups could pressure advertisers to leave liberal shows but they dont. Conservative publications could fire editors for denouncing violence but they dont. Conservatives could push for all those things trump mentioned but they dont.

Below is info on cancellation of editors:

especially notice last 2 paragraphs here:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
He celebrated gay people dying of Aids, and you say "You provide NO CONTEXT" about his "battles with homosexual practices."

What context is missing? You are defending his disgusting behavior but won't provide this "Missing context" that makes what he did OK.

And you don't want him judged by "select events" but you seem to be doing the same to an entire group of people. And he was this way his whole career, right up to going after Pete Buttigeig in the past year. He never changed.
That he admitted it was insensitive and stopped doing it. Not to mention that Rush L was attacked when he expressed opinions counter to lots of special interests groups, like LGBTQ. It takes two to tango. You fail to consider that context.

What group am I “doing the same to...”? LGTBQ? There are lots of different people characterized by that demographic, including conservative gays/lesbians, including Guy Benson, Tammy Bruce, Ric Grennell and so on.

golf

Reaction score
Was FOX cancelled by "cancel culture"?
CNN has promoted its cancellation. Fox has not promoted CNN cancellation.
But no has not been cancelled so technically a bad example on my part

RememberMurray

Reaction score
This may be fake news. Drew Brees is apparently going to war with leftists and coming back for one more year.....
And with a dead arm — an arm that was killed by leftist cancel culture?!?!

My word! What courage!

Top Bottom