Rush Limbaugh, RIP

golf

Reaction score
Righties were complaining about the message and the action. Saying they were going to boycott because of it. Has nothing to do with it being on company time.

Cancel culture is alive and well with the right.
Well let's see. The left doesnt allow condemnation of burning/looting, doesnt allow speakers on campus, doesnt allow choice of pronouns, doesnt allow support of charity, doesnt allow for fox news to be broadcast, doesnt allow a newspaper to tell a true story, doesnt allow an actress to work while allowing an actor to work who has also posted a nazi meme.

Against all these you present kaep who was indeed kneeling on company time. Who was committing an act that would be seen as reprehensible throughout our country's history. You cant possibly claim equivalency. Left owns cancel culture.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
Rush had his schtick. He started the shock jock political talk show business. His ability to polarize people and get people to view opponents as "them" instead of human beings should be considered a black mark on our nation's psyche. While he promoted conservative ideals, he belittled his opponent and ultimately he gave rise to a incredibly narcissistic person in Donald Trump whose followers are what can only be called "bat shit crazy."
I wish Limbaugh's surviving family well. Limbaugh, however, did not make our nation better. Instead, he polarized our nation like never before.
Great comment that surprised me.

Wally

Reaction score
Really? How about what Biden, numb skull Nancy, and Chucky Cheese have done during his short stint of POTUS and the past four years as minority leaders? The country has never been more divided then it is today and all the above called for unity? Unity only for their purpose and willingness of the non-conforming to be conformed!
What the f is this gobbly gook?
Is english a second language?

Wally

Reaction score
The problem was that he did it on company time. Similarly, i wouldnt see not being able to wear a maga hat while working with immigrants as cancel culture.
Yea thats the only reason right wingers were upset and calling for boycots of the NFL, they were pissed he was wasting "company time".

Canceling Kaep was totally fine but when comes back at you, you turn into a pathetic whiny bitch.
Lol......

Wally

Reaction score
The left doesnt allow condemnation of burning/looting, doesnt allow speakers on campus, doesnt allow choice of pronouns, doesnt allow support of charity, doesnt allow for fox news to be broadcast, doesnt allow a newspaper to tell a true story, doesnt allow an actress to work while allowing an actor to work who has also posted a nazi meme.

All bullshit...

Im a lefty and I support shooting looters, arsonists and car jackers.

I think if you refuse to address someone in the way they prefer then you are a rude piece of shit. Can I call your wife cunt, I think she is a cunt and I choose to address her that way.

Should I experience repercussions for this?
That would be cancel culture.

Doesn't my "free speech" mean I should be able to do this with no adverse effects for me? Obviously absurd, but its actually exactly the same as the pronouns.

Last edited:

jamiche

Reaction score
I’ve never listened to more than maybe 5 minutes of Rush. I kind of wish I had. I love talk radio but I have been a long time Stern fan. I like Andrew Wilkow. And barreiro is the best in the TC.
why would anyone be embarrassed to admit they listen to Rush?
And you don't love donald. Too funny.

You'll be on here at least another fifty times defending and lionizing a guy you "don't know much about."

golf

Reaction score
All bullshit...

Im a lefty and I support shooting looters, arsonists and car jackers.

I think if you refuse to address someone in the way they prefer then you are a rude piece of shit. Can I call your wife cunt, I think she is a cunt and I choose to address her that way.

Should I experience repercussions for this?
That would be cancel culture.

Doesn't my "free speech" mean I should be able to do this with no adverse effects for me? Obviously absurd, but its actually exactly the same as the pronouns.
Regarding pronouns, lets say you and i were acquaintances. You proceed to tell me you are identifying as a giraffe. Out of politeness i would call you a giraffe.

The problem becomes should we codify this. UM will dismiss a student or fire a professor for using incorrect pronouns. Do we want to codify that i must be called a 19 year old if desired or you must be called a giraffe if desired? Also loony tunes that this idea is being promoted to children.

Put me on the side of biology. Just another example along with post 35 of how extreme the left has become. Thankful for the legacy Rush leaves of calling these out.

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
Yea thats the only reason right wingers were upset and calling for boycots of the NFL, they were pissed he was wasting "company time".

Canceling Kaep was totally fine but when comes back at you, you turn into a pathetic whiny bitch.
Lol......
I suppose there may have been some who would be boycotting the nfl if kaep had done this on his own time. Would not have been nearly as many. By contrast the weight of all the examples of left cancel culture is overwhelming. The nature of the examples is also instructive. Right is being canceled for calling out burning/looting, speaking on campus, using incorrect pronouns, supporting a charity. Contrast to left who you say a person is being canceled for kneeling before the flag while wearing pig policeman on his socks and on company time. There is nothing even close to equivalence here.

Section2

Reaction score
And you don't love donald. Too funny.

You'll be on here at least another fifty times defending and lionizing a guy you "don't know much about."
Well, I know a fair amount about Rush. I just didn’t listen to his radio show. I couldn’t tell you when it was or what station it was. This is a really important thing for me to lie about.

Section2

Reaction score
I watched FoxNews for 10-15 minutes today and they were gushing over him. Not exactly shocking and some of it was quite interesting with old footage. But for someone who has never listened to him and doesn't see anyone celebrating him, you sure have strong opinions. Weird. Never seen that before.
Dumb. I didn’t say no one is celebrating him. Of course they are. I said no one expects YOU or JTF to celebrate his life. I’m not celebrating his life.

jamiche

Reaction score
Dumb. I didn’t say no one is celebrating him. Of course they are. I said no one expects YOU or JTF to celebrate his life. I’m not celebrating his life.
Melvin is going all caps again. The reason you aren’t celebrating his life is you know nothing about him. Remember.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
NOT OK: Speaking ill of the dead based on their series of worst moments

OK: Speaking ill of the dead based on the worst moments of members of their broader community
Generally, anyone with any class would likely elect to just not make a comment. But long before this thread, we knew who was who for the most part. Not exactly a big unmasking going on here

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Good for you that you never listened to him. I did a lot over a 2-month period about 20 years ago, and listening to him made me the angriest I ever was in my life,
Oh, come now.... we all know that's not true. Don't undersell yourself over these last 4 years. Based on the body of evidence, I'd say you have some of your best work (hatred) ahead of yourself

tikited

Me
Reaction score
We don't. Righties are just loony folks that think their vile heros should be revered by everyone....even though they love to dish out shit against everyone that doesn't live in the echo chamber with them.
You seem like the one melting down as you claimed with another poster. I didn't know Rush still triggered so many of you.

justthefacts

Reaction score
It’s possible I’m just missing it, but can you point to anyone telling you to celebrate him?
A) Les https://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/threads/rush-limbaugh-rip.100450/post-2157908

B) WI GOP https://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/threads/rush-limbaugh-rip.100450/post-2158460

C) Hugh Hewitt

D) Trump

E) Mark Levin

F) Fox News in general

I could go on. I assume the implication from your post is that no one is praising Rush because he doesn't deserve it, and thus you'll be disagreeing with all of these guys momentarily.

golf

Reaction score
Pin this thread. Wow. Today’s left.
Exactly. I keep hoping that the left will rein in its extremism due to fear of a backlash but doesnt seem to be happening yet. Seems like the only solution at this point to returning to keep us from being at others' throats is significantly more power to the states. Then the left could eliminate fossil fuels, have large immigration and large migrant benefits, 20 dollar minimum wage, raise taxes on business, boys competing. In girls' sports, etc. Problem is the left isnt satisfied with that, want to control conservatives' lives as well.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Rush figured things out before the internet, before social media. There was a number of Americans, who think of themselves as hard working, regular folks, that were tired of being told they are racist rednecks in need of a lecture.
He changed conservatism, from a lofty National Review club to a populist let me live my life movement.
This I can buy.

He created a space for them. It became Fox News, it became President 45.
This is too much. Murdoch and Ailes created News Corp and built it into Fox News, and created Trump's presidency.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Rush continuously protested environmental restrictions as “anti your lifestyle”. Actual quote for years.
My lifestyle requires that I set your house on fire. While you and your family (and pets) are away, of course.

Got this guy on the radio, says "that's just fine! No one should be able to tell you how to live your life!". Makes me feel good that there's someone telling me that.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
So who out there spews Left Wing propaganda over the radio? No one of importance as there is no audience.
Wow. This is perhaps the most unintentionally truthful statement in the history of tOTB. You're right; there is no audient for toxic left wing propaganda over the radio. Apparently there's only a market for that on the right.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I have listened to him this century. He could make an effective argument for the good parts of conservatism. And he could dish out some deserved sarcasm at Dems. But that doesn't excuse him being a racist, homophobic bigot or going full Trumpster/Deep State.

You seem to want to defend his most disgusting homophobia but refuse to provided the alleged "missing context." Perhaps there isn't any and you just agree with him.
Point to the part where I “defend his most disgusting homophobia”? Is saying that we shouldn’t judge someone from their WORST acts a defense of those acts or him or ANYONE?

I don’t think it’s wise to judge someone on select events. I would try to judge in totality of their life and good deeds as well as bad. But that’s a conservative for you.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Air America gave it a shot. Guy named Al Franken had a show there.

Probably the closest comparison was Ed Schulz, from Fargo.

stocker08

Reaction score
Well let's see. The left doesnt allow condemnation of burning/looting, doesnt allow speakers on campus, doesnt allow choice of pronouns, doesnt allow support of charity, doesnt allow for fox news to be broadcast, doesnt allow a newspaper to tell a true story, doesnt allow an actress to work while allowing an actor to work who has also posted a nazi meme.

Against all these you present kaep who was indeed kneeling on company time. Who was committing an act that would be seen as reprehensible throughout our country's history. You cant possibly claim equivalency. Left owns cancel culture.
This is emotional nonsense from a triggered righty victim. Almost none of that is true.

And your last paragraph simply proves that you should drop the "cancel culture" victim trope. Kaep did something that hurt nobody and the right melted down and whined and cried. They collectively called it horrible and threatened to boycott the NFL over it. All because they didn't like the message.

Face it....you righties are nothing more than cancel cultists.

stocker08

Reaction score

Lol......
That's today's right. They really loved to sling it, but can't face it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Entitled old white man party. They demand privilege....and if they don't get it.....they throw a temper tantrum. Very sad to watch.

stocker08

Reaction score
You seem like the one melting down as you claimed with another poster. I didn't know Rush still triggered so many of you.
Take a look at the thread. Looks a lot like you righties are burning up over the fact that not everyone is showing enough reverence for the guy as you would like.

stocker08

Reaction score
Wow. This is perhaps the most unintentionally truthful statement in the history of tOTB. You're right; there is no audient for toxic left wing propaganda over the radio. Apparently there's only a market for that on the right.
Ding ding ding.

I always find it hilarious how righties have bragged about Fox News ratings. How popular Rush is. Basically they are admitting that they are sheep willing to eat shit from the palms of their handlers. I mean....we already knew that....but they don't appear to be smart enough to get it.

And it's one of the reasons why many of them are losing their minds as of lately. They are so enveloped in their wacky echo chamber that they truly believe the garbage they spew. Just look at this thread. People in the padded rooms think they are the sane ones. lol. Trump losing broke them for good it appears.

Top Bottom