Rush Limbaugh, RIP

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Trump got 70 million votes and Rush had tens of millions of listeners, yet somehow almost none of the Fellas vote for or listened to either. Amazing!
Funny that Trump didn't get more votes than Clinton or Biden.

golf

Reaction score
That really vibes with the whiny cries from the right when it happened. All the calls about boycotting the NFL. Is that not cancel culture?
The problem was that he did it on company time. Similarly, i wouldnt see not being able to wear a maga hat while working with immigrants as cancel culture.

stocker08

Reaction score
The problem was that he did it on company time. Similarly, i wouldnt see not being able to wear a maga hat while working with immigrants as cancel culture.
Righties were complaining about the message and the action. Saying they were going to boycott because of it. Has nothing to do with it being on company time.

Cancel culture is alive and well with the right.

stocker08

Reaction score
ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, Hollywood, academia, the music industry, Netflix (and other streaming services), every major city newspaper, and big tech all share the same LW propaganda viewpoint. Unless you live under a rock, this LW propaganda is unavoidable. Yet, if we dare to step out of line and seek alternative viewpoints, we are labeled as extremist right wingers living in a RW echo chamber.
This is victim dribble. Righties need their safe spaces.

Section2

Reaction score
Trump got 70 million votes and Rush had tens of millions of listeners, yet somehow almost none of the Fellas vote for or listened to either. Amazing!
I’ve never listened to more than maybe 5 minutes of Rush. I kind of wish I had. I love talk radio but I have been a long time Stern fan. I like Andrew Wilkow. And barreiro is the best in the TC.
why would anyone be embarrassed to admit they listen to Rush?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Wow you are a pathetic Loser (Capital L). Once again, so your World makes sense you go with “everyone is lying”. You are the biggest wacko on this site. You love to point at Beegs or CRG, but you are second to no one on here. What a Loser.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I’ve never listened to more than maybe 5 minutes of Rush. I kind of wish I had. I love talk radio but I have been a long time Stern fan. I like Andrew Wilkow. And barreiro is the best in the TC.
why would anyone be embarrassed to admit they listen to Rush?
Barreiro is awesome. He is down the middle, but I love how one day he has lefties calling in saying he is a closet righty, then today he has righties calling in saying he is a closet lefty. Howie is likely the former example - seems to be his thing.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Rush figured things out before the internet, before social media. There was a number of Americans, who think of themselves as hard working, regular folks, that were tired of being told they are racist rednecks in need of a lecture. He created a space for them. It became Fox News, it became President 45. He changed conservatism, from a lofty National Review club to a populist let me live my life movement.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Rush figured things out before the internet, before social media. There was a number of Americans, who think of themselves as hard working, regular folks, that were tired of being told they are racist rednecks in need of a lecture. He created a space for them. It became Fox News, it became President 45. He changed conservatism, from a lofty National Review club to a populist let me live my life movement.
"Let me live my life"?

Really?

"Let me live my life"?

Wow.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Barreiro is awesome. He is down the middle, but I love how one day he has lefties calling in saying he is a closet righty, then today he has righties calling in saying he is a closet lefty. Howie is likely the former example - seems to be his thing.
Yeah, I'll bet you just ate it up when Barreiro pissed off the righties.

John Galt

Reaction score
Good for you that you never listened to him. I did a lot over a 2-month period about 20 years ago, and listening to him made me the angriest I ever was in my life, until I wised up and realized he was doing nothing but feeding me lies. I turned him (and Talk Radio) off and thereby salvaged the dark hole I had been falling into. RL was a monster.
25 years ago, I watched CNN every day for 3 weeks. I felt a deep, dark, gnawing feeling in my soul afterwards - the worst I've ever felt. I realized Wolf Blitzer wasn't the honest, upright modern day Walter Kronkite that I thought he was. He was a tool for the Clintons. I shut off CNN, and haven't turned it on since. My life returned to normal a few months later, and I'm a much better person because of it.

:oops:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
"Let me live my life"?

Really?

"Let me live my life"?

Wow.
Wow? I really didn’t find this post that controversial. You’ve got a guy who works at Jennie O, and he saves up for a water ski boat. Is he going to listen to MPR and feel shame for depleting the nation‘s remaining fossil fuels and bringing on global warming, or is he going to listen to Rush who tells him he’s all right to do the thing he wants to do?

RememberMurray

Reaction score
25 years ago, I watched CNN every day for 3 weeks. I felt a deep, dark, gnawing feeling in my soul afterwards - the worst I've ever felt. I realized Wolf Blitzer wasn't the honest, upright modern day Walter Kronkite that I thought he was. He was a tool for the Clintons. I shut off CNN, and haven't turned it on since. My life returned to normal a few months later, and I'm a much better person because of it.

Wait... you're a better person... now!?!? Meaning you were a worse person, previously?!?!

Holy shit! Were you an axe-murderer, back in the day?

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Wow? I really didn’t find this post that controversial. You’ve got a guy who works at Jennie O, and he saves up for a water ski boat. Is he going to listen to MPR and feel shame for depleting the nation‘s remaining fossil fuels and bringing on global warming, or is he going to listen to Rush who tells him he’s all right to do the thing he wants to do?
Yeah, that whole water ski boat thing... you got me there. Rush really nailed that one. The guy who works at Jennie O and can afford to buy a ski boat owes a lot more to ol' Rushbo than he does to unions.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Rush continuously protested environmental restrictions as “anti your lifestyle”. Actual quote for years.
Whatta guy! Build a statue. XXXXL statue.

And the "guy who works at Jennie O" can worship at the feet of Ol' Rushbo, while simultaneously crapping on the union people who did the dirty, bloody work that got him his 5 day work week, his vacation pay, his overtime pay and his decent living wage — all of which make it possible for him to enjoy his damn ski boat.

Last edited:

jamiche

Reaction score
Why should I bother? You’ve made up your mind.

You do you. You’re sounding more like AOC everyday.
What does AOC have to do with this thread, murderer, other than by this time tomorrow RW media will have accused her of killing Rush.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I like to pee outdoors.

GopherJake

Reaction score
It’s possible I’m just missing it, but can you point to anyone telling you to celebrate him?
I watched FoxNews for 10-15 minutes today and they were gushing over him. Not exactly shocking and some of it was quite interesting with old footage. But for someone who has never listened to him and doesn't see anyone celebrating him, you sure have strong opinions. Weird. Never seen that before.

howeda7

Reaction score
Again. I post. You complain. I don’t. You complain. You hate Rush b/c he was a leader of the conservative movement. I could make 1000 posts. It wouldn’t make a difference for you.

I haven’t listened to Rush L in decades, but he was great at communicating his political philosophy and concerns. One that you hate with a passion. I understand why you hated him.
I have listened to him this century. He could make an effective argument for the good parts of conservatism. And he could dish out some deserved sarcasm at Dems. But that doesn't excuse him being a racist, homophobic bigot or going full Trumpster/Deep State.

You seem to want to defend his most disgusting homophobia but refuse to provided the alleged "missing context." Perhaps there isn't any and you just agree with him.

howeda7

Reaction score
Righties were complaining about the message and the action. Saying they were going to boycott because of it. Has nothing to do with it being on company time.

Cancel culture is alive and well with the right.
They were also giddy about NBA TV ratings being down because it was proof of them being "cancelled" for daring to support BLM.

stocker08

Reaction score
They were also giddy about NBA TV ratings being down because it was proof of them being "cancelled" for daring to support BLM.
I'm not sure it is possible for the victim laden right to whine any louder than they currently do. Especially about things that they do all the time.

howeda7

Reaction score

I guess that explains the weird obsessive projection about others watching CNN.

Top Bottom