Rush Limbaugh, RIP

cncmin

Reaction score
I used to listen to him in high school when I briefly flirted with the right wing. Thank god I recovered from that, it was pure greed and selfishness that made me a rightie.
Good for you that you never listened to him. I did a lot over a 2-month period about 20 years ago, and listening to him made me the angriest I ever was in my life, until I wised up and realized he was doing nothing but feeding me lies. I turned him (and Talk Radio) off and thereby salvaged the dark hole I had been falling into. RL was a monster.
Our stories appear to align....
Notably, it was science and Bill Clinton that saved me - he and Talk Radio started blabbering on about global warming stuff that I knew to be demonstrably false, along with incessantly accusing Bill Clinton of causing 9/11. I am not one to put up with people lying to me lightly.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
May we all now Rest In Peace. 😌
We're resting in peace. Not so sure if he is. Seriously. Do the heavens admit people who continually make life miserable for people who are in need of assistance or want to hear the truth about what is going on in our country?

MennoSota

Reaction score
Rush had his schtick. He started the shock jock political talk show business. His ability to polarize people and get people to view opponents as "them" instead of human beings should be considered a black mark on our nation's psyche. While he promoted conservative ideals, he belittled his opponent and ultimately he gave rise to a incredibly narcissistic person in Donald Trump whose followers are what can only be called "bat shit crazy."
I wish Limbaugh's surviving family well. Limbaugh, however, did not make our nation better. Instead, he polarized our nation like never before.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
You obviously haven’t been the subject of the vile, immoral, bigoted rhetoric of some people in the LGBTQ community. My angry gay brother-in-law posts on social media some of the most disgusting stuff, including death wishes, on conservative personalities, and insults anyone who sees things differently than him.

Your example provides NO CONTEXT, per usual, to Limbaugh’s battle with the homosexual practices and militant homosexuals protests of the time. Limbaugh discontinued his rather poor counter act b/c of it’s admitted insensitivity.

But if we’re going to judge people on only the worst things that they did, that seems like a very woke thing of you to do.
Is ur angry gay brother-in-law married to ur angry gay brother?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I assume not many gay people would be friends with a homophobe who thinks they deserve no rights and celebrates their friends dying. I don't think it's a huge leap.
Why should I bother? You’ve made up your mind.

You do you. You’re sounding more like AOC everyday.

golf

Reaction score
I did by basically saying the Rights positions enable cancel culture. I can't comment on all as I don't know about each instance.

Gina Carano, I liked her in the Mandalorian but lost respect for her for saying stupid shit and doubling down on it. I don't care if she says it, but her employer has the right to care. It is what it is, if your a public figure don't go on the internet and say stupid shit.

I say lots of stupid shit, but only on here and only because I have nothing to lose by being doxxed. My employer wouldn't give a shit. If I thought I would lose my job because of what I said then I wouldn't say it.
I wouldnt be pleased if editors were fired for allowing articles saying the jan 6 riot was bad. I wouldnt be happy if tens of thousands of dollars on security at college campuses needed to be spent so a liberal could speak. I wouldnt be happy if conservative boycott led to less money for salvation army. I wouldnt be happy if twitter cancelled the NYT for reporting a misstep by don jr. I wouldnt be happy if fox news was promoting taking cnn off the air. Gina's costar also used a nazi meme but i would think it crazy to fire him for it.

I would see the above as threats to free speech and would be worried where it would lead. Apparently you disagree.

Last edited:

#2Gopher

Reaction score
With 100% certainty, the Right has definitely taken over the moral high ground of America.
I'm sure the Lefties will say otherwise, but they have no valid argument. This thread only reinforces that.
You're clearly correct, the left will say otherwise. I've talked to my neighbors who are Republicans. They believe in everything that God would not for the most part.

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Rush had his schtick. He started the shock jock political talk show business. His ability to polarize people and get people to view opponents as "them" instead of human beings should be considered a black mark on our nation's psyche. While he promoted conservative ideals, he belittled his opponent and ultimately he gave rise to a incredibly narcissistic person in Donald Trump whose followers are what can only be called "bat shit crazy."
I wish Limbaugh's surviving family well. Limbaugh, however, did not make our nation better. Instead, he polarized our nation like never before.
Really? How about what Biden, numb skull Nancy, and Chucky Cheese have done during his short stint of POTUS and the past four years as minority leaders? The country has never been more divided then it is today and all the above called for unity? Unity only for their purpose and willingness of the non-conforming to be conformed!

stocker08

Reaction score
I read an article on it in an LGBTQ online magazine after JTF mentioned it. It provided some context. Look it up yourself.

I also provided the context that some LGBTQs are sometimes relentless haters. They don’t tend to provide context in their tweets that JTF chose to take a face value.
So you are melting down over some folks here saying "who cares"....while Rush literally held a segment on his show....being pushed to millions....celebrating the death of gay folks who died of aids.

This is today's right in a nutshell. Disconnected. A complete mess of outrage.

howeda7

Reaction score
Trump got 70 million votes and Rush had tens of millions of listeners, yet somehow almost none of the Fellas vote for or listened to either. Amazing!

stocker08

Reaction score
Why do we have to pretend to be reverent and respectful of someone who made a fortune spreading hate?
We don't. Righties are just loony folks that think their vile heros should be revered by everyone....even though they love to dish out shit against everyone that doesn't live in the echo chamber with them.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You have nothing. Got it.
Again. I post. You complain. I don’t. You complain. You hate Rush b/c he was a leader of the conservative movement. I could make 1000 posts. It wouldn’t make a difference for you.

I haven’t listened to Rush L in decades, but he was great at communicating his political philosophy and concerns. One that you hate with a passion. I understand why you hated him.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
So you are melting down over some folks here saying "who cares"....while Rush literally held a segment on his show....being pushed to millions....celebrating the death of gay folks who died of aids.

This is today's right in a nutshell. Disconnected. A complete mess of outrage.
Melting down? Sure. 🙄 Good night.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Really? How about what Biden, numb skull Nancy, and Chucky Cheese have done during his short stint of POTUS and the past four years as minority leaders? The country has never been more divided then it is today and all the above called for unity? Unity only for their purpose and willingness of the non-conforming to be conformed!
Two wrongs do not make a right.
Rush started his schtick back in the 80s. It was his bombastic polarization that brought about an equally bombastic reaction from the left. Sadly, citizens started following the fools on radio and began to mimic the behavior at work and other places. Today we are reaping what was sown.

stocker08

Reaction score
I wouldnt be pleased if editors were fired for allowing articles saying the jan 6 riot was bad. I wouldnt be happy if tens of thousands of dollars on security at college campuses needed to be spent so a liberal could speak. I wouldnt be happy if conservative boycott led to less money for salvation army. I wouldnt be happy if twitter cancelled the NYT for reporting a misstep by don jr. I wouldnt be happy if fox news was promoting taking cnn off the air. Gina's costar also used a nazi meme but i would think it crazy to fire him for it.

I would see the above as threats to free speech and would be worried where it would lead. Apparently you disagree.
Do you kneel with Kaepernick?

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Right wingers will burn a cross in remembrance.
I didn't particularly care for the late Chris Hitchens because he took his caustic anti-theism too far but what he once said about Jerry Falwell upon his death applies even more to Limbaugh: "If they gave him an enema they could bury him in a matchbox."

stocker08

Reaction score
Somebody is still on the covid bleach cleanse.

PeoplesFront

Reaction score
Yeah, can disagree with Rush but what is scary is the left has moved from disagreement to cancel culture. We are hearing on cnn that fox should be canceled, we see the attempts to stifle speech on campuses, Gina Carano firing, editors fired for allowing articles suggesting burning/looting this summer was bad, NYP taken off twitter for reporting a true story about Hunter Biden, colleague of mine dared speak up at one of our diversity trainings and received angry emails from colleagues (i stayed quiet even after we were told that there is no such thing as racism against white people),
Chikfila forced to cancel salvation army, drew brees forced to cancel his beliefs. These are just the attempts to stifle free speech that i can think of off the top if my head.

Also see what is going on with k-12 education. Ethnic studies are becoming a big thing across the country so that social groups are now important rather than judging each person by the content of his character. An example of this is a new york district sending a pamphlet to parents identifying the 8 categories of whiteness.

Dems have lurched so far left the last few years. Media has dem's back but would think dems risk backlash if they push things too far. Hopefully there will be those who step up abd carry Rush's messages forward.
ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, Hollywood, academia, the music industry, Netflix (and other streaming services), every major city newspaper, and big tech all share the same LW propaganda viewpoint. Unless you live under a rock, this LW propaganda is unavoidable. Yet, if we dare to step out of line and seek alternative viewpoints, we are labeled as extremist right wingers living in a RW echo chamber.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Nick Searcy is a great follow, and correct

1613613341299.png

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
With 100% certainty, the Right has definitely taken over the moral high ground of America.
I'm sure the Lefties will say otherwise, but they have no valid argument. This thread only reinforces that.
Even CRG would find this effort a bit too try hard.

Texas-Gopher

Reaction score
Rush was a very classless dude. I listened to him a fair amount, until I just couldn't take it anymore. With that said, RIP.

howeda7

Reaction score
Absolutely. They took the moral high ground on 1/6 as they beat cops and hunted Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi so they could hang/murder them. 'Merica!

golf

Reaction score
Do you kneel with Kaepernick?
I support his right to kneel, just not on company time. Similarly i would think an individual working with immigrants would be asked to not wear a maga hat on company time.

stocker08

Reaction score
I support his right to kneel, just not on company time. Similarly i would think an individual working with immigrants would be asked to not wear a maga hat on company time.
That really vibes with the whiny cries from the right when it happened. All the calls about boycotting the NFL. Is that not cancel culture?

Top Bottom