Rush Limbaugh, RIP

cncmin

Reaction score
A true hero of the anti-American seditionists, confederates, and fascists. Few have ever so brazenly lied to the American public over such a long and hugely monetarily profitable period. The man pioneered what became a driving force of the massive RW propaganda arm that has lied to and fooled tens of millions and directly led to the divisions in this country and divisions across the Western world. What a great guy. The earth became infinitesimally better today.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
A true hero of the anti-American seditionists, confederates, and fascists. Few have ever so brazenly lied to the American public over such a long and hugely monetarily profitable period. The man pioneered what became a driving force of the massive RW propaganda arm that has lied to and fooled tens of millions and directly led to the divisions in this country and divisions across the Western world. What a great guy. The earth became infinitesimally better today.
True colors shown vividly. Congratulations, although nobody had any real doubts prior to today

Blizzard

Reaction score
Lol. That didn't take long. Look at it on the bright side though: Even though he had an audience of millions, you'll still be able to enjoy listening to yourself talk on these messageboards.

howeda7

Reaction score
He was once fun to listen to and good for a few laughs. On the long ago advice of my mother, I have no further comment.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Was good of Trump to use Rush as a reason to admit his Narcissistic Personality Disorder

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Never once listened to him. Couldn't tell you what station even played his show. With that said, I get why some didn't like him and why others did. I don't get the grandstanding here by some.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
The greatest radio man in history. An absolute master of the craft. And a brilliant hero to many. If you didn't listen to him, or only heard him in selectively edited snippets from the hostile media, you won't understand.

(sad the Loony Left on this board showing their true soul, or should I say lack thereof)

Spoofin

Reaction score
You didn't agree with his politics. Seems like a good reason to celebrate him dying :rolleyes:

Wally

Reaction score
The greatest radio man in history. An absolute master of the craft. And a brilliant hero to many. If you didn't listen to him, or only heard him in selectively edited snippets from the hostile media, you won't understand.

(sad the Loony Left on this board showing their true soul, or should I say lack thereof)
I used to listen to him in high school when I briefly flirted with the right wing. Thank god I recovered from that, it was pure greed and selfishness that made me a rightie.

howeda7

Reaction score
Some of Rush's greatest "hits":

Long before Trump's rise in politics, Limbaugh was pinning insulting names on his enemies and raging against the mainstream media, accusing it of feeding the public lies. He called Democrats and others on the left communists, wackos, feminazis, liberal extremists, homosexual slurs and radicals.

When actor Michael J. Fox, suffering from Parkinson's disease, appeared in a Democratic campaign commercial, Limbaugh mocked his tremors. When a Washington advocate for the homeless killed himself, he cracked jokes. As the AIDS epidemic raged in the 1980s, he made the dying a punchline. He called 12-year-old Chelsea Clinton a dog.

He suggested that the Democrats' stand on reproductive rights would have led to the abortion of Jesus Christ. When a woman accused Duke University lacrosse players of rape, he derided her as a "ho," and when a Georgetown University law student supported expanded contraceptive coverage, he dismissed her as a "slut." When Barack Obama was elected president in 2008, Limbaugh said: "I hope he fails."

He was frequently accused of bigotry and blatant racism for such antics as playing the song "Barack the Magic Negro" on his show. The lyrics, set to the tune of "Puff, the Magic Dragon," describe Obama as someone who "makes guilty whites feel good" and is "black, but not authentically."

Spoofin

Reaction score
I agree we should never celebrate death, but we don't always have to celebrate people's lives either. He was a racist and a homophobe, who profited from spreading that hate. This is not about politics.
You are right. TBH, I know nothing about RL other than by name and reputation. Not sure I ever listened to his radio show once?

Blizzard

Reaction score
Not sure I ever listened to his radio show once?
I remember the one time I did hear his program years ago. It was some report on what PETA was doing. He led into it with the song Born Free that was interrupted with rifle shots. It was funny as hell.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
In case people don't know, before he got into radio, Rush worked for the Kansas City Royals baseball team doing group sales and coordinating special events. He and George Brett became good friends. And Rush is his real name - he was named after his grandfather.

I heard his radio show on and off over the years. I also caught a bit of his short-lived TV show. That was where he would talk about Chelsea Clinton and show a picture of a dog. his style really didn't translate well to TV.

Section2

Reaction score
I agree we should never celebrate death, but we don't always have to celebrate people's lives either. He was a racist and a homophobe, who profited from spreading that hate. This is not about politics.
Typically you can just ignore the deaths of people you’re not a big fan of. Celebration not required.

Wally

Reaction score
Nonsense. You don't care about people period. You often wish harm on folks here. You play hockey without a mask.
Hey, I wear my mask, just not over my nose. Sheesh...
😎😎😎😎😎

Wally

Reaction score
I remember the one time I did hear his program years ago. It was some report on what PETA was doing. He led into it with the song Born Free that was interrupted with rifle shots. It was funny as hell.
I feel worse for the deer I have shot than Rush.

Top Bottom