Rough video of black man killed in Minneapolis police custody last night

cjbfbp

Reaction score
And this ^^^^ is just one of the examples of the extremes the left goes towards trying to rewrite history. The left has always been on the wrong side of human rights issues.
  • They were pro slavery, the Republicans fought against it.
  • They fought to keep former slaves from voting, the Republicans fought to give them the right to vote.
  • They fought to keep women from voting, the Republicans fought to give women the right to vote.
  • They fought to for laws that discriminated against minorities, the Republicans fought to overturn them.
  • They fought to send minorities to jail (especially Biden), the Republicans fought for justice reform (especially Trump).
It's a long list, and outside of the U.S. it includes far left rulers such as Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini and Obama's hero, Hugo Chavez.
The Southern Democrats (at least most of them) were pro slavery and then pro segregation. They were Democrats for many years simply because of the Civil War and Reconstruction. Now, all of those types of people (as well as most of their descendants) are Republicans. The first four examples are not at all relevant today and haven't been for many years.

If #5 relates to the crime bill passed during the Clinton administration, well, House Republicans who voted against it attacked it from the right (gun control, too much for prevention rather than punishment). Still, over 60 House Republicans supported it. The Senate passed it 95-4 so obviously almost all members of both parties supported it.

You should stop copying other ignoramuses work and start doing some more extensive independent reading but I suppose that's how you got through school and old habits are hard to break.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
You could pay cops more and be much more flexible with staffing if you didn't have a union, and didn't have long term pension costs. Defined benefit pension plans are a big loser and will bankrupt many cities and states, like they did many companies.
I haven't really thought much about if laws should be different for cops. But I think I agree. They do have the lawful use of force that citizens don't have. Maybe they shouldn't?
Name the companies that went bankrupt due to defined benefit pensions. And the backup data to support that assertion.

howeda7

Reaction score
What’s my idea? I’m not the one claiming that there’s a systemic problem. I think the Chauvin’s are exceptions. I think bad cops should be fired when they’re discovered. I think the silver lining in these clouds are that police officers get to witness bad policing and realize what it looks like, and I assume that they’ll want to rid themselves of those cancers.
I don't see how anyone can look at the multitude of issues with attacking the press and other instances where they're escalating things needlessly this week-end and say there's no problem. It's not the majority of cops but it's also not some 1/1000 bad apple.

Reactions: MRJ

howeda7

Reaction score
Not meaning to defend Trump specifically but I feel like this would be pretty common and is something he is being urged to do.
Multiple people on the call said it was "unhinged." But he's "strongly activating" Lyin' Bill Barr so at least we have that.

Reactions: MRJ

howeda7

Reaction score
Getting things back to the Twin cities - IMHO the biggest issue with the Mpls Police Department is their Union.

To be clear - I'm a Democrat and generally pro-union - but Bob Kroll - the head of the Police Union - is considered by many people to be a big part of the problem. He posted a letter claiming, among other things, that the 4 officers in the Floyd case were "terminated without due process" and promising to make sure they are supported. In the past, he has said that if a police officer does not have civilian complaints filed against him, then he's probably not doing his job.

There are other stories claiming Kroll is part of a motorcycle club that sports white-power symbols on its gear.
I thought people in white power groups had no political power whatsoever?

Section2

Reaction score
Name the companies that went bankrupt due to defined benefit pensions. And the backup data to support that assertion.
that would probably be hard to prove. what isn't hard to prove, is that private pension costs rose much more dramatically than anticipated over time, because of increases in life expectancy, and other factors. The same thing has happened with the costs of similar programs like SS.

jamiche

Reaction score
What’s my idea? I’m not the one claiming that there’s a systemic problem. I think the Chauvin’s are exceptions. I think bad cops should be fired when they’re discovered. I think the silver lining in these clouds are that police officers get to witness bad policing and realize what it looks like, and I assume that they’ll want to rid themselves of those cancers.
Why would you make that assumption? Is there a record anywhere of cops turning their fellow cops in for bad behavior/poor performance?

Livingat45north

Reaction score
The Southern Democrats (at least most of them) were pro slavery and then pro segregation. They were Democrats for many years simply because of the Civil War and Reconstruction. Now, all of those types of people (as well as most of their descendants) are Republicans. The first four examples are not at all relevant
The definition of revisionist history --> "They were Democrats for many years... now they are Republicans".

"The first four examples are not at all relevant" --> I claim slavery, the right for African-Americans to be citizens, the right for minorities and for women to vote, and getting rid of racist laws in America as being very relevant then and now. Of course if you're racist like Howy and MPLS, then yes, those are not relevant issues. If you're a minority like me, these are extremely relevant. Yes, you can claim racism isn't relevant, that's your right. I strongly disagree with you.

howeda7

Reaction score
The definition of revisionist history --> "They were Democrats for many years... now they are Republicans".

"The first four examples are not at all relevant" --> I claim slavery, the right for African-Americans to be citizens, the right for minorities and for women to vote, and getting rid of racist laws in America as being very relevant then and now. Of course if you're racist like Howy and MPLS, then yes, those are not relevant issues. If you're a minority like me, these are extremely relevant. Yes, you can claim racism isn't relevant, that's your right. I strongly disagree with you.
Who's saying it's not relevant? All history is relevant too. Nixon's southern strategy and the shift in the parties the last 50 years is not revisionist and you can't ignore it.

jamiche

Reaction score
I'm glad you see you think the constitution is archaic. Part of the problem in todays world is that too much power has been corrupted to the highest parts of government. Power and rules should stay local so if you don't like a law you can run down the street and yell at the guy who wrote it. With the society now no politician has to answer or be held accountable for anything they do. If you are on the left you can go on CNN / MSNBC and they will lob softball questions that you can get a good sound bite for a commercial. If you are on the right you can go on Foxnews and the same thing happens. During this whole riot and chaos did you see the tv stations that the mayors of Minneapolis and St. Paul were calling into. They were CNN and MSNBC, they didn't call into WCCO or KSTP. They all go onto their cushy platforms to get the praise and sound bites they want. The problem with today's climate in reporting is that the local newspaper industry is being destroyed by hedge fund companies, and yes I know some are of the right. The Governor actually apologized to Jacob Frey for being asked his thoughts on neighborhoods defending themselves against the rioters. That was on the Saturday May 30th press conference after the entire city was left to fend for themselves for 3 days as thing burned. I am sorry but that is a fair question and only a local reporter would ask that question.
The constitution has been amended 27 times.

Section2

Reaction score

when you peel back the onion, even slightly, you find that the claims of "the parties switched" fall apart. It's a nice narrative, but it doesn't stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

cjbfbp

Reaction score

Those examples are irrelevant to any discussion of typologies within the contemporary Republican and Democratic parties just like Hitler is not a symbol of the modern Germany. End of story.

If you really are a minority member and think the Republicans are the pro-minority party, then you are even dumber than I thought. Of course, we have a state government worker on this site who is also a Republican so you're not alone.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
when you peel back the onion, even slightly, you find that the claims of "the parties switched" fall apart. It's a nice narrative, but it doesn't stand up to the slightest scrutiny.
And how is that? I know you don't have as much knowledge of this subject as I have so I'm amused to see what you'll come up with to argue your assertion. On second thought, don't bother. I'm busy now and I don't won't to waste time on you.

oak_street1981

Reaction score
The Southern Democrats (at least most of them) were pro slavery and then pro segregation. They were Democrats for many years simply because of the Civil War and Reconstruction. Now, all of those types of people (as well as most of their descendants) are Republicans. The first four examples are not at all relevant today and haven't been for many years.

If #5 relates to the crime bill passed during the Clinton administration, well, House Republicans who voted against it attacked it from the right (gun control, too much for prevention rather than punishment). Still, over 60 House Republicans supported it. The Senate passed it 95-4 so obviously almost all members of both parties supported it.

You should stop copying other ignoramuses work and start doing some more extensive independent reading but I suppose that's how you got through school and old habits are hard to break.
Those southern states were still putting those old racist Democrats in the Senate until they all died off. And we are not talking about 40 years ago

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Those examples are irrelevant to any discussion of typologies within the contemporary Republican and Democratic parties just like Hitler is not a symbol of the modern Germany. End of story.

If you really are a minority member and think the Republicans are the pro-minority party, then you are even dumber than I thought. Of course, we have a state government worker on this site who is also a Republican so you're not alone.
The Democrat plantation is a terrible place for minority people. Freedom and economic opportunity much more important. Biden made it clear how blacks are viewed when on that radio show 2 weeks ago...the mask slipped

STPGopher

Reaction score
Getting things back to the Twin cities - IMHO the biggest issue with the Mpls Police Department is their Union.

To be clear - I'm a Democrat and generally pro-union - but Bob Kroll - the head of the Police Union - is considered by many people to be a big part of the problem. He posted a letter claiming, among other things, that the 4 officers in the Floyd case were "terminated without due process" and promising to make sure they are supported. In the past, he has said that if a police officer does not have civilian complaints filed against him, then he's probably not doing his job.

There are other stories claiming Kroll is part of a motorcycle club that sports white-power symbols on its gear.

scools12

Reaction score
This is what happens when you are getting destroyed or you are a condescending dick.

You go with this ?

You're not really an MD are you? I've never met a physician who behaved as sneeringly stupid as you.
I'm sure explaining this was a waste of my time because most of you are uneducable.

Section2

Reaction score

if you WANTED to destroy black culture, black families, and black lives, you couldn't do a better job than the Democrat party. Things like minimum wage laws which protected white Democrat union jobs from competition, welfare which destroyed the black family, crummy public education system, etc. eliminate the ability to get on the ladder, subsidize failure, and destroy opportunities for educational advancement. Republicans oppose the things which keep blacks from succeeding on their own and have consistently throughout the life of the party. Because many Democrats are well meaning doesn't absolve them.

Top Bottom