Rough video of black man killed in Minneapolis police custody last night

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
Here is my question for the protesters and rioters:

If causing civil unrest has not worked to change things why are you continuing the SAME demonstrations time after time? Isn't that the definition of insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect different results?

I don't believe the majority of the people (including the peaceful protesters) give a crap about the cause. They just want to be a part of "the movement". That is my opinion.

howeda7

Reaction score
"Antifa" pretty much seems to be a made-up label for anything that hard conservatives don't like.
They need a boogeyman. There are agitators on the left contributing to this, I'm sure. But the idea that it's some massive organized group is so over-blown.

howeda7

Reaction score
Lara Logan is a reporter that actually investigates, dissects, and reveals the facts of a situation, then can knowledgeably report.

I’m so tired of listening to reporters that spew out platitudes without a clue of what their talking about and is based on their political leanings rather than facts.

We need more Logans and Attkissons and less of the brainless ”how do you feel” reporters.
Do you have a list of KGF approved reporters?

rowdaboat

Reaction score
Is the group getting arrested the only one tonight then? At least finally have avoided the riots and vandalism but a couple days late

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Having a police force that looks like the community it serves, especially now. Within that, hire the best sane people.
The Baltimore Police department has a very large black representation. With the thugs and criminals that does not seem to change much. The normal non-criminal people left in the rough neighborhoods are the people who count on the police and call them for help.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Yep. Cardiac arrest I would guess. He had a preexisting heart condition and hypertension. A case where resisting arrest is bad for everyone. i doubt this stands up in court when all the facts are known. Then the riots and looting starts all over again.
> i doubt this stands up in court when all the facts are known. Then the riots and looting starts all over again.

I hope not, but probably.

> He had a preexisting heart condition and hypertension. A case where resisting arrest is bad for everyone.

A pre-existing heart condition and hypertension is a comorbidity to resisting arrest.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
This near fatal incident shows why any interstate and train blockages need to be shut down immediately in all cases with tear gas and aggressive tactics.

Law enforcement let this trend go for too many years.
Your point is probably true, but in this case it was a planned march and the city gave them the 35W bridge over the Mississippi River. I was afraid they were going to throw the truck driver into the river.

howeda7

Reaction score
I'm off Lexington, a couple blocks North of Summit, close to the CVS on Grand. All the gas stations & supermarkets are closed. I also normally use Target, Cub & Aldi. I stopped by that Lund's in Highland Village earlier in the day on Saturday, but it was too sad. Line down the block of people socially distancing, with masks, all terrified. I couldn't join them. I hit CostCo in Woodbury instead. Stocked up & gassed up.
You couldn't go to the grocery store because masks made you sad? Sounds rough!

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Purely based on that, of course not. But do you honestly think having a police force that is 90% white would be helpful to healing this going forward?
Is this a police issue or a racial issue? I am far from a definitive expert on this issue but so many of the publicized stories and videos of altercations seem to stem from chronic and ongoing disrespect towards pathologically stressed officers from the lower class elements of society and the predictable downward spiral from there. It’s easy to preach de-escalation from the comfort of your couch and from a position of not reaching a tipping point of stress. Every person has a breaking point, even you, and it can sneak up on you. I’m not sure how much race plays into it? I’d argue for greatly increased mandatory time off for officers to recharge their batteries. Dealing with obnoxious and belligerent people occasionally is difficult for anyone. Day in and day out? I’d say impossible to not go a little nuts for most. I don’t have any answers for it.

Section2

Reaction score
Still respectful of Walz’s COVID-19 social distancing rules, I see. Haven’t heard a peep from our journalist warriors about this experiment in human sacrifice. Wierd.

How many people were unable to attend funerals and wakes for their actual family and loved ones because of overly restrictive lockdowns. The farce grows by the minute in MN.
Thinking about this. The media and politicians are afraid of the protesters. They are afraid of BLM. They are not afraid of your average schmo, business owner, churchgoer. The rules are different.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Is the group getting arrested the only one tonight then? At least finally have avoided the riots and vandalism but a couple days late
Besides the Bobby and Steves group, there's a group at Government Center and US Bank, and maybe more in 7 Corners..

They sure are super-efficient at arresting peaceful protesters who kinda-sorta wanted to be arrested as a badge of honor (right up until the rubber bullets and tear gas started flying). But they were totally incompetent in arresting anybody lighting fires earlier in the week.

We see now that the constabulary needs about a 10 to 1 personnel advantage to do anything at all.

diehard

Reaction score
Is this a police issue or a racial issue? I am far from a definitive expert on this issue but so many of the publicized stories and videos of altercations seem to stem from chronic and ongoing disrespect towards pathologically stressed officers from the lower class elements of society and the predictable downward spiral from there. It’s easy to preach de-escalation from the comfort of your couch and from a position of not reaching a tipping point of stress. Every person has a breaking point, even you, and it can sneak up on you. I’m not sure how much race plays into it? I’d argue for greatly increased mandatory time off for officers to recharge their batteries. Dealing with obnoxious and belligerent people occasionally is difficult for anyone. Day in and day out? I’d say impossible to not go a little nuts for most. I don’t have any answers for it.
Less time on tOTB.

GoGophersUMN

Reaction score
Purely based on that, of course not. But do you honestly think having a police force that is 90% white would be helpful to healing this going forward?
Are you implying that you think violating the Civil Rights Act would be helpful to healing?

Section2

Reaction score
Training teaches you that when they are talking they are breathing fine. Sayng they can't breath is common because they are really uncomfortable, but a sign all is fine. When they can't talk they can't breathe either. Simple stuff. They should have taught you that in MMA class. You cut off the carotid to put them to sleep. That is not a police tactic and children should not try it at home. The video did not show me they were blocking his carotid either, just controlling the head. He should have had medical aid as soon as he was unresponsive. The 3 were properly postitioned for restraint purposes, but he should have been loaded in the car shortly after he was handcuffed so he did not go unconscious. Policy violations, not criminal acts. Certainly valid reasons for firing. BTW, if you have ever had physical contact with someone having a heart attack it is pretty obvious. That is another problem. Cops have pretty good medical training. The fireman on the scene knew what was going on with him dying too. Never should have happened. And where was the CPR? There had to be an AED on site too.
I believe he stopped talking and they didn’t take their knee off for 3 more minutes. Obviously when he’s talking he’s getting air. But when he stopped talking I would expect some concern. Also, the EMTs that loaded him up seemed to show a casual disregard. It’s just the worst optics I’ve ever seen

rowdaboat

Reaction score
Unfortunate for her - terrible injury. She has a strong case to sue her employer for not issuing safety glasses. These people are taking enormous risks tempting fate.
On another tweet she said she's freelance and not actually employed by Guardian, so that's on her

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
I can't think of a single thing that will heal the black community. And that's not me trying to be an ahole or making a joke.

Top Bottom