Rough video of black man killed in Minneapolis police custody last night

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
If this was a terroristic attack I don't think the driver would have stopped.

And now they're mad because they were treated poorly while the police tried to evacuate everyone from a crime scene.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
This will be my one and only post on a political board, but thought some of you might like to know that Carter Coughlin is amongst the prostestors on 35W. He tweeted about the experience and got hate tweeted back, so he deleted said tweet and sent this in its place.

Not here to make a political statement, just giving you all the heads up.

I get a kick out of stuff like this, (not referring to you MRJ) people were pushing each other out of the way to extol the virtues of Carter. Couldn't love him enough. Now, and I am guessing it is a lot of the same people, send him hate.

diehard

Reaction score
Not saying I know the cause of death, but he might have had a heart attack due to stress of a cop stepping with force on your neck for 9 minutes.
Yep. Cardiac arrest I would guess. He had a preexisting heart condition and hypertension. A case where resisting arrest is bad for everyone. i doubt this stands up in court when all the facts are known. Then the riots and looting starts all over again.

rowdaboat

Reaction score
If this was a terroristic attack I don't think the driver would have stopped.

And now they're mad because they were treated poorly while the police tried to evacuate everyone from a crime scene.
He would have had the doors locked, wouldn't have stopped, wouldn't have been blaring horn. Cops fucked up not having the highway actually blocked off. Can't blame him after he came to first stop to start driving away to not have another Reginald Denny case

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Truck driver was on the highway before it closed and was not pulled off the road. Didn't go around any barriers and likely didn't know the crowd was there until it was two late.

Whoever made the call to close the highways with only 22 minutes notice and without physically blocking the highway near the protesters nearly killed hundreds of people. They've known about the violent riots for days. If they wanted to close the highways at 5 they should have announced that days ago to leave police and MnDOT enough time to get the word out and block the roads.
Why allow the highway protests in the first place? How did this evolve to accepted practice? Give someone an inch...

Spoofin

Reaction score
He would have had the doors locked, wouldn't have stopped, wouldn't have been blaring horn. Cops fucked up not having the highway actually blocked off. Can't blame him after he came to first stop to start driving away to not have another Reginald Denny case
Time will tell, but it seems to me that if the true intent was to kill people it would not have been hard. He wouldn’t have honked, or stopped (or even slowed) and would most likely have swerved toward one side or the other rather than staying in the middle of the road as the people parted to each side. There are a ton of questions on how this even could have happened as well.

diehard

Reaction score
Hmmm. I thought I read no sign of strangulation. That doesn’t mean no trouble breathing. Regardless, he said he was having trouble breathing. No concern shown by the officers. I expect a lot more humanity.
Training teaches you that when they are talking they are breathing fine. Sayng they can't breath is common because they are really uncomfortable, but a sign all is fine. When they can't talk they can't breathe either. Simple stuff. They should have taught you that in MMA class. You cut off the carotid to put them to sleep. That is not a police tactic and children should not try it at home. The video did not show me they were blocking his carotid either, just controlling the head. He should have had medical aid as soon as he was unresponsive. The 3 were properly postitioned for restraint purposes, but he should have been loaded in the car shortly after he was handcuffed so he did not go unconscious. Policy violations, not criminal acts. Certainly valid reasons for firing. BTW, if you have ever had physical contact with someone having a heart attack it is pretty obvious. That is another problem. Cops have pretty good medical training. The fireman on the scene knew what was going on with him dying too. Never should have happened. And where was the CPR? There had to be an AED on site too.

Last edited:

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Time will tell, but it seems to me that if the true intent was to kill people it would not have been hard. He wouldn’t have honked, or stopped (or even slowed) and would most likely have swerved toward one side or the other rather than staying in the middle of the road as the people parted to each side. There are a ton of questions on how this even could have happened as well.
Seemed like he legitimately thought the crowd would part for him and when someone failed to move he slammed on the brakes. Agree he didn’t look like he was trying to take people out, just intimidate. They’ll throw the book at him, which have to believe is totally justified.

Semi’s can’t stop on a dime, probably 2-3 times further distance required than a car but unless he was distracted hard to explain it any other way. There should have been plenty of space to stop.

He’s legitimately lucky to be alive.

rowdaboat

Reaction score
Why the fuck of all places for a standoff are they gathering at a gas station?

howeda7

Reaction score
Seems beyond obvious:

- the organized rioters who came into Mpls to wreck havoc Thurs and Friday nights, left Sat morning.
- they're gone, they weren't here last night, they had either went back to their homes, or had moved on to other cities.

We need to get the best computer scientists and super computers to brute force crack their dark web messaging systems, if need be.

It's nothing short of guerilla civil war.
They moved on to other places.

howeda7

Reaction score
So you are saying what happen over the last 4 days is totally acceptable and baseline response for future? Sounds like you are ok with it.
Of course not. But anyone saying they saw the magnitude of this coming on Monday night is almost certainly lying.

rowdaboat

Reaction score
It would win a lot of hearts and minds of mainstream America if instead of blocking roads and highways and harassing police the protestors went down and cleaned up the mess. This doesn’t help your cause, guys.
Sure seems like it's the white allies during the day that clean up instead

howeda7

Reaction score
We are being regulated to death and it doesn’t matter who you elect nothing changes. I can’t put a shed in my back yard with out paying the township and the county a few for that opportunity. I know it’s a ridiculous comparison, but come on how much of my money do you want government.
I thought Trump cut more regulations than every other President in history combined?!?

howeda7

Reaction score
S2 asked what protestors want. They want reforms like what happened in Camden. Those reforms may have prevented George Floyd's death. But when Kaepernick tried to draw our attention to the issue, everyone condemned him.
The anger at Nike for signing Kaepernick from the Fellas was intense. Almost Gillette razor level angst.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Great job Harrington closing the highways early with 22 minutes notice and then not having the bridge where the main protest group monitored from behind
So many stupidities. We will probably be renamed from City of Lakes to City of Incompetents.

howeda7

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree with this any more.

Come on Howie, tell us why we need gun control... what is CNN feeding you?
ZZZ. I have never advocated repealing the 2nd amendment or anything close to that. I have said things like background checks and limiting clip sizes are needed. Sorry to upset your false narrative.

Reactions: MRJ

oak_street1981

Reaction score
This near fatal incident shows why any interstate and train blockages need to be shut down immediately in all cases with tear gas and aggressive tactics.

Law enforcement let this trend go for too many years.

howeda7

Reaction score
It’s pretty much impossible to be a Trump supporter and not be racist against minorities.It

I don’t know what kind of lies they have to tell themselves to pull it off.
It's possible. If you bury your head deep enough in the sand and hear what you want to hear.

howeda7

Reaction score
Start by taking a close look at veteran preference & affirmative action hiring. Take the best applicants.
Having a police force that looks like the community it serves, especially now. Within that, hire the best sane people.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
How was the semi driver already on 35 when they closed the roads? I thought they'd been closed for at least 45 minutes prior to his incident. Was he just looping around all afternoon or what?
I think he got on before the closure, then parked on the shoulder of the freeway (heading northbound I think).

Top Bottom